Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 205 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I am shopping for a 3 lug adapter for my Scorpion. I see two main types of these adapters. ones that simply thread on and some that utilize the metal paw catch on the muzzle (like the factory flash hider). I would assume that the one with the paw catch would be the ideal version but shopping places like Manticore Arms (who seem to specialize in the scorpion) only carry the normal thread only type. That got me thinking if one was superior then the other.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
I am shopping for a 3 lug adapter for my Scorpion. I see two main types of these adapters. ones that simply thread on and some that utilize the metal paw catch on the muzzle (like the factory flash hider). I would assume that the one with the paw catch would be the ideal version but shopping places like Manticore Arms (who seem to specialize in the scorpion) only carry the normal thread only type. That got me thinking if one was superior then the other.
View Quote
It's up to you. It ends up being the same length either way pretty much. The ones that have the metal pawl are for the gen 1 guns that had only m18x1 threads.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/BULLPUP%20TEASER%20091018%20JPG.jpg

A little teaser before we launch tomorrow at Bullpup Shoot 2018.

Yes, this is a partnership between Manticore Arms and CZ USA
View Quote
I want one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 11:48:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#4]
Originally Posted By f40:

It's up to you. It ends up being the same length either way pretty much. The ones that have the metal pawl are for the gen 1 guns that had only m18x1 threads.
View Quote
Thanks. I do have the gen-1 so That is the route I will probably go.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:15:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Samal] [#5]
K conversion and binary trigger combo is lots of giggles

https://youtu.be/EzaTDBfUqVE

Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 2:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Samal:
K conversion and binary trigger combo is lots of giggles
https://youtu.be/EzaTDBfUqVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzaTDBfUqVE
View Quote
Posted for you since I'm getting more intrigued by the binary for this use...
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to seeing some video of these bullpups in action, particularly how people are using their support hand. Appears that it's one MLOK section too short, but maybe the video will tell another story.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Can we talk about the bullpup advantage in here or is that better for another thread?

I understand an AUG or Tavor as 5.56 is very velocity dependent. For 9mm, there really isn't much velocity gained going from 8-10" to 16" barrel. Especially for the distances a 9mm PCC is going to be used.

The 7.7" Scorpion is perfect, especially with the side folding Tailhook. Nice and compact and fits well in a backpack. The Micro is/will be even better. So the bullpup doesn't offer anything over those two in terms of size and portability.

So is the bullpup just for those considering the 16" carbine? The 16" carbine in 9mm never made sense to me based on the above for ballistics. You don't gain much in terminal ballistics for range it will be used at. If you want to shoot suppressed and subsonic, 16" isn't helping you compared to the 7.7 or 4" version.

It definitely looks cool. Just trying to figure out what the advantage and purpose is.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
Can we talk about the bullpup advantage in here or is that better for another thread?

I understand an AUG or Tavor as 5.56 is very velocity dependent. For 9mm, there really isn't much velocity gained going from 8-10" to 16" barrel. Especially for the distances a 9mm PCC is going to be used.

The 7.7" Scorpion is perfect, especially with the side folding Tailhook. Nice and compact and fits well in a backpack. The Micro is/will be even better. So the bullpup doesn't offer anything over those two in terms of size and portability.

So is the bullpup just for those considering the 16" carbine? The 16" carbine in 9mm never made sense to me based on the above for ballistics. You don't gain much in terminal ballistics for range it will be used at. If you want to shoot suppressed and subsonic, 16" isn't helping you compared to the 7.7 or 4" version.

It definitely looks cool. Just trying to figure out what the advantage and purpose is.
View Quote
The advantages are relative only to US law. In the absence of such artificial legal constraints, the 16" barrel wouldn't exist for any gun IMO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I know it’s not out yet but does anyone know if the collapsible stock on the K uses the same attachment system as the current Evo 3?

Trying to decide if I want to wait for the K or buy one now and get the aftermarket K conversion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
If part of the barrel length increase is a suppressor, a bullpup Scorpion is going to be very popular!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 10:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sleep203] [#13]

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:46:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
The advantages are relative only to US law. In the absence of such artificial legal constraints, the 16" barrel wouldn't exist for any gun IMO.
View Quote
STG44 and AK47 suggest otherwise, unless we're squabbling over fractions of an inch.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

@IceAuger  here is a video We Like Shooting posted today showing several people firing (including Jeremy "the beast" Pozderac shooting the Stinger PDW proof on concept one handed, lol)

https://www.facebook.com/WeLikeShooting/videos/354577701949256/

There are two M-LOK slots left on the OEM carbine forend, so there is plenty of room to mount a VFG if you want, and we will be offering longer forends in several configurations to give a little more hand room for those who want it.

CZ wanted the Scorpion EVO bullpup to be able to mount their OEM grip, so it was a careful balancing act to have enough room behind to leave clearance to pull the magazine out with the offhand, and to have some room left on the forend.  The front of the trigger guard is not only angled but starts out as wide as the forend at the top and tapers inward at the bottom, and basically works a bit like an Angled Fore Grip in function for gripping if you have medium to larger sized hands.

We also have been working on a couple of interesting M-LOK mounted foregrips for those who want a different style of grip, some a bit like the P90 in concept (no pics yet, still in development) and obviously the Stinger has a grip adapter on it to show another solution.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Thanks for the info! I watched the video posted above and noticed the mention of different foregrips as well, so that will be a nice option for those who want a little extra room up front.

Going back to what you said about CZ wanting to use their pistol grips and wanting to keep the swap as straight forward as possible, I can understand why wholesale changes weren't made. Totally makes sense.

Can't wait to see how this plays out when the parts start to become available. Very cool.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty cool product Sven. From the pictures I have seen and the video thats out the aesthetics are definitely there. I really like that CZ was positive to it, shows a good relationship between your company and theirs. If I was in the market for a second scorpion I would be interested in one in this configuration, but only as an SBR so I could tuck my suppressor in it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]
New to this thread

Are there photos floating around out there or the scorpion micro next to a regular scorpion to see size difference?
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By snackgunner:
New to this thread

Are there photos floating around out there or the scorpion micro next to a regular scorpion to see size difference?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#22]
New to this thread

View Quote
As you can see in the picture there isn’t a huge difference in the length but from what I’ve gathered the big difference shows up when you use the CZ suppressor which partially sits over the barrel so it doesn’t stick out nearly as far as a suppressor on the Evo 3.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 1:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snackgunner] [#23]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

As you can see in the picture there isn’t a huge difference in the length but from what I’ve gathered the big difference shows up when you use the CZ suppressor which partially sits over the barrel so it doesn’t stick out nearly as far as a suppressor on the Evo 3.
View Quote
Which suppressor are you referring to? Got a link?

@f40 thanks for the pic
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#24]

@f40 thanks for the pic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

As you can see in the picture there isn't a huge difference in the length but from what I've gathered the big difference shows up when you use the CZ suppressor which partially sits over the barrel so it doesn't stick out nearly as far as a suppressor on the Evo 3.

@f40 thanks for the pic
CZ has made a can that threads on about 1/3 of the way in, with a back blast chamber the envelopes around the barrel, allowing
the can to sit deeper into the hand guard.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice. Whats the price on that silencer?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Nice. Whats the price on that silencer?
View Quote
About $600 in stainless steel and $900 in Titanium. The only difference being that the Ti one sheds about 6 oz. of weight.
I just bought one in SS but it'll be "in jail" for awhile, so can't give any real feedback on it yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Is this suporessor a 9mm suppressor? Will work on other guns and all that? Or specifically made for the micro scorpion?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes, 9mm. It would work on something else, so long as you have enough barrel sticking out for it to fit over.
Threaded 1/2-28.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 5:44:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I've been looking at the Innovative Arms integral suppressor, but the new CZ cans have my attention.  One note on those, if you don't have a K barrel you'll have to have your pistol or carbine barrel cut so the can can sleeve over it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

STG44 and AK47 suggest otherwise, unless we're squabbling over fractions of an inch.
View Quote
Don’t forget the M1 carbine!

The 14.5” is a US thing.. most if not all European assault rifles have 18-16” barrels
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#32]
I got to play with the Scorpion  Bullpup at the Bullpup shoot this year. While I don’t have a Scorpion yet I will be getting one. The bullpup platform was amazing. It felt right in the shoulder and all of the controls were in the correct place. The optic rail with the HoloSun was at the perfect height and I wasn’t fishing with my head to find the red dot. The QD socket in the stock is a great touch as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:41:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AzAgLover] [#33]
CZ has made a can that threads on about 1/3 of the way in, with a back blast chamber the envelopes around the barrel, allowing
the can to sit deeper into the hand guard.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/17z_CZScorpionS2SuppressorCutaway-676497.JPG
View Quote
What barrel are you planning on putting the suppressor on? The factory Evo 3 barrel?

I’m tired of waiting for CZ to come out with the Micro K but I don’t know if the HB K barrel will stick out far enough for the suppressor to attach to it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:06:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Noticed something else in the photograph posted by @tifosi. Do you guys see it? You are looking at the much rumored Gen 3 stock. It has been more than 2 years since I was told about this from the folks at CZ. I spoke with someone at CZ a few months ago and still were not sure when it was going to hit the street. They were guessing Shot Show 2019, but said they truly did not know. I was told it will interface with the magwell. If you ever wondered what the notch molded into the inside of the right front edge was there for now you know. Will address the misalignment many experienced and I believe will do away with the magnet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#35]

What barrel are you planning on putting the suppressor on? The factory Evo 3 barrel?

I'm tired of waiting for CZ to come out with the Micro K but I don't know if the HB K barrel will stick out far enough for the suppressor to attach to it.
View Quote
I had my factory pistol barrel shortened by ADCO. If my measurements are right it *should* work.
I've been meaning to bring the gun over to my LGS and test fit the can, but haven't had time lately.
Here is the sketch I sent to ADCO for my barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HTHF:
You are looking at the much rumored Gen 3 stock.
View Quote
Nice catch. Looks like it has QD mounts as well?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzAgLover] [#37]
I had my factory pistol barrel shortened by ADCO. If my measurements are right it *should* work.
I've been meaning to bring the gun over to my LGS and test fit the can, but haven't had time lately.
Here is the sketch I sent to ADCO for my barrel.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/Capture-682684.JPG
View Quote
I emailed HB about their barrel and they said it should work fine because it’s longer than the 4.x” barrel on the micro so yours should work as well since it is longer than the HB one.

Now I have to decide if I’m willing to accept the extra ~1” the HB barrel will add or wait for the micro to actually come out and hope CZ offers the barrel separately.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:05:20 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
It looks like it. However that image looks more like an artists rendering. I would imagine they would have a QD sling point on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 6:07:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AzAgLover] [#39]

It looks like it. However that image looks more like an artists rendering. I would imagine they would have a QD sling point on the stock.
View Quote
This is the gun they had at SHOT show this year.

It doesn’t look to have a mount on the stock either but I can’t tell if it’s the new stock or not.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
If you have a Gen 1 stock its really easy to add a recessed QD mount to the stock.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:25:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Garandboy] [#41]
I have a pistol with the carbine hand guard. My suppressor sicks out a lot, I wanted to tuck it in further but can't see a way to do that with the nut that attaches the factory hand guard. Can't go aftermarket since the diameter on my suppressor is 1.64" OD and the ID on the aftermarket hand guards are 1.57" and 1.62". Is there a way to modify the factory hand guard mounting so I can tuck the suppressor back an inch or two?

This is the current set up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Garandboy:
I have a pistol with the carbine hand guard. My suppressor sicks out a lot, I wanted to tuck it in further but can't see a way to do that with the nut that attaches the factory hand guard. Can't go aftermarket since the diameter on my suppressor is 1.64" OD and the ID on the aftermarket hand guards are 1.57" and 1.62". Is there a way to modify the factory hand guard mounting so I can tuck the suppressor back an inch or two?

This is the current set up.
https://i.imgur.com/29fdyh7.jpg
View Quote
I’m confused.

Are you saying you want to make the barrel shorter but can’t because the silencer won’t fit inside the handguard if you do?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 4:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Garandboy] [#44]

I’m confused.

Are you saying you want to make the barrel shorter but can’t because the silencer won’t fit inside the handguard if you do?
View Quote
Sort of. The nut that holds the hand guard on is right behind the suppressor. IF I could find a way to use a different style nut or cut down this one and the barrel I could move the suppressor a little more into the hand guard.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

If you have a Gen 1 stock its really easy to add a recessed QD mount to the stock.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm77/hardgear/20161116_175839-1.jpg
View Quote
Yes it is...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
Not mine. Saw this on the Scorpion owners Facebook page. NFI. Just thought it was cool.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22973/FB_IMG_1537994455399-683933.jpg
View Quote
Yeah I saw that a little bit ago, thought that was cool as hell
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
More info on this please.  Just a magpul qd or what?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bcw107:
Not mine. Saw this on the Scorpion owners Facebook page. NFI. Just thought it was cool.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22973/FB_IMG_1537994455399-683933.jpg
View Quote
Aren't those the USC -> UMP conversions?  Or is TBT making a new shell?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By RageAgainstTheVM:

Aren't those the USC -> UMP conversions?  Or is TBT making a new shell?
View Quote
That's the first thing I thought too, those look like UMPs...
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Those are Omega receivered UMP clones  because of the pistol braces.
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 205 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top