Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 75 of 251)
Page / 251
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in for the Tri lug, safety, and flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Well, if and when we make the tri lugs- apparently two companies are working on those.  

If people still want a Manticore made tri lug, we will still get them going....but I need a STRONG reponse that you want a Manticore made one, and not just whatever one is available first all willy nilly.

We have a fixed amount of production capacity, so if people are going to gravitate to whatever is available first regardless of company I would just assume focus on other 922r parts and upgrades for the Scorpion EVO right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:
First batch of Eclipse Flash Hiders for the Scorpion EVO are done, will be up on the website in the next day or two.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/Eclipse%20flash%20hiders.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/Eclipse%20flash%20hiders.jpg</a>

I like that you kept the cut outs for the retaining clip. Will the 3lug adapters have those as well?

Well, if and when we make the tri lugs- apparently two companies are working on those.  

If people still want a Manticore made tri lug, we will still get them going....but I need a STRONG reponse that you want a Manticore made one, and not just whatever one is available first all willy nilly.

We have a fixed amount of production capacity, so if people are going to gravitate to whatever is available first regardless of company I would just assume focus on other 922r parts and upgrades for the Scorpion EVO right now.

I would send payment right now if I could! Can I? Please! Please!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone else had 30 round mags backordered with CZ Custom, they appear to be shipping. I got my notice a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Sven, still want a tri-lug and flashider.  

Where and what type of engraving are those with approved stamps doing?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, roger that guys!

I REALLY appreciate the loyalty you have to our products, and I will make sure we knock out a batch of tri lugs here just for you guys speaking up.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Count me in as well. I need a 3 lug adapter!

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By MTNRider:

View All Quotes

OK, roger that guys!

I REALLY appreciate the loyalty you have to our products, and I will make sure we knock out a batch of tri lugs here just for you guys speaking up.  

Sven

Manticore Arms

Would it be too much to ask for one with the 1/2x28 threads?  like this one?

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

http://vehiclesunlimited.com/tmp/!mp5kbarrel.jpg

View Quote

You can get 1/2x28 already. Several retailers sell them. Right now no one make a 18x1 for the CZ.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#9]

You can get 1/2x28 already. Several retailers sell them. Right now no one make a 18x1 for the CZ.

View All Quotes

I know, I want an all in one solution.  Still waiting on the ti-rant triad adapter to be come back.  Not holding my breath.  So,  1/2x28 for now.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNRider] [#10]
nevermind
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:08:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I know, I want an all in one solution.  Still waiting on the ti-rant triad adapter to be come back.  Not holding my breath.  So,  1/2x28 for now.  
View All Quotes

If you read back in the thread I think it was discussed. I don't think there is enough interest for it.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 8:50:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#12]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

Then I would say give it time.

I myself have never made a resubmittal but every example of folks resubmitting and emailing Clutter that I've read has had multi-week turnarounds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cataz:
Originally Posted By cataz:
So, I emaled Ted Clutter last Friday and still haven't heard anything.   Mine got dissaproved, is there anyone else to email?

Did you resubmit?

Yeah, I sent the old control number along with the new one.
[email protected] correct?

Then I would say give it time.

I myself have never made a resubmittal but every example of folks resubmitting and emailing Clutter that I've read has had multi-week turnarounds.

Well, I never heard back from the guy, but my form 1 was approved yesterday!!
Signed by Ted Clutter!
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#14]

There is not enough material of wall thickness to do 1/2 x 28 threads on the end of the tri Lug adapter unless it is integral to the barrel- we have to open up the inner diameter of the bore on the adapter to clear the bullet and the walls become too thin to thread 1/2 x 28.

In point of fact, that was why I posted "looking into something that may give more value"  a week or two ago as I was checking to see if we could pull it off on the adapter, but it just can't be done safely with so little material once you try and cut the threads.

Sven

Manticore Arms

View All Quotes

OK, roger that guys!

Sven

Manticore Arms

There is not enough material of wall thickness to do 1/2 x 28 threads on the end of the tri Lug adapter unless it is integral to the barrel- we have to open up the inner diameter of the bore on the adapter to clear the bullet and the walls become too thin to thread 1/2 x 28.

In point of fact, that was why I posted "looking into something that may give more value"  a week or two ago as I was checking to see if we could pull it off on the adapter, but it just can't be done safely with so little material once you try and cut the threads.

Sven

Manticore Arms

Thank you, I appreciate the reply.  I'm still in for one. The muzzle attachment system on the CZ makes it easy to take off an on, so no big deal.  Now to fine that unicorn called the "Ti-RANT TRIAD".

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Now to fine that unicorn called the "Ti-RANT TRIAD".  
View Quote

^ No kidding. Starting to get nervous at AAC's lack of producing mounts lately. I have a couple of their cans but still need a few more mounts etc. Making me wonder if I made the right decision going with AAC vs another brand? No Triads, No Brakeout 2 51T's.

Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#16]

^ No kidding. Starting to get nervous at AAC's lack of producing mounts lately. I have a couple of their cans but still need a few more mounts etc. Making me wonder if I made the right decision going with AAC vs another brand? No Triads, No Brakeout 2 51T's.

View All Quotes

This is only 1 part of why I changed my order for an SDN-6 and instead got a Saker.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By king_reptar:

This is only 1 part of why I changed my order for an SDN-6 and instead got a Saker.
View All Quotes

Spoke to AAC last week and the guy I spoke with said that they just got the manufacturing plant set up from the move and mounts should be coming out soon. I really hope they come out fast I need a Ti-rant 45 1/2x28 mount for my MP5.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
It would be pretty sweet if AAC just came out with a 18x1mm Tirant piston......
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#19]
I never understood the threaded tri-lug...If you have a tri-lug suppressor get a tri-lug. If you have a threaded suppressor get a thread adaptor.

If I could choose between a tri-lug and a threaded tri-lug I would go with the plain-jane tri-lug just because I dislike the swiss-army knife adaptors for some reason.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone put a laser on their Scorpion?  If so which one?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By benb:
I never understood the threaded tri-lug...If you have a tri-lug suppressor get a tri-lug. If you have a threaded suppressor get a thread adaptor.

If I could choose between a tri-lug and a threaded tri-lug I would go with the plain-jane tri-lug just because I dislike the swiss-army knife adaptors for some reason.
View Quote

What about for people with multiple suppressors and some don't have 3-lug options? Or if they only have one 3-lug adapter that is already in use elsewhere and want to use something else? There are several reasons to want more options.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like K-Var is no longer taking pre-orders on the stock kit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ecilop:
Looks like K-Var is no longer taking pre-orders on the stock kit.
View Quote

Well then I guess I'm glad I put my order in when I did. Hopefully the August/September timeframe is still valid... The earlier the better.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#24]
Anyone with a folding stock know if a EVO with a 30rd mag inserted would fit in one of these?
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19174_Czusa-Backpack--Black
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Tri-lug for sure.  Perhaps a FH also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Anyone with a folding stock know if a EVO with a 30rd mag inserted would fit in one of these?
http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19174_Czusa-Backpack--Black
View Quote

The Evo is 16 inches when folded. It will fit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
OK, roger that guys!

Sven
Manticore Arms

Honestly, if the barrels can be replaced I'd much prefer we get an actual three lug barrel with threads versus adapters.  However, I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to put a new barrel in the Scorpion...

Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By lithgow303:

Honestly, if the barrels can be replaced I'd much prefer we get an actual three lug barrel with threads versus adapters.  However, I don't know how easy/difficult it would be to put a new barrel in the Scorpion...

View All Quotes
OK, roger that guys!

Sven
Manticore Arms

It's actually super easy. I finally realized how to take off the handguard and its just the barrel. The only thing you'd have to remove is the mouting block/trunnions (part #9 in the diagrams)
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 2:36:02 PM EDT
[#29]

It's actually super easy. I finally realized how to take off the handguard and its just the barrel. The only thing you'd have to remove is the mouting block/trunnions (part #9 in the diagrams)
View All Quotes
OK, roger that guys!

Sven
Manticore Arms

A barrel in a normal thread pitch would sure be nice. I know a few suppressor companies (off the top of my head, Liberty Suppressors?) offer 18x1 adapters. I opted for a 1/2x28 adapter. I have heard this is not advised due to tolerance stacking but I'm using a .45 can at the moment so I'm not too worried.

In regards to removing the barrel, I have heard of a few members cracking their receivers. I'm not sure exactly what method of removal they were using, and I haven't attempted removal of my own, but it's something you may want to be cognizant of. A gunsmith is capable of turning down the barrel to 1/2x28, there was someone offering the service on here. If I weren't too afraid to remove my barrel it's what I would opt for.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I took my Scorpion out for the second time and everything was running great until the sixth mag. The bold is lodged forward and will not go back more than 1/2". the chamber is empty but I am having a devil of a time to get the bolt back. I cant take the trigger group out either. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Landsat8:
I took my Scorpion out for the second time and everything was running great until the sixth mag. The bold is lodged forward and will not go back more than 1/2". the chamber is empty but I am having a devil of a time to get the bolt back. I cant take the trigger group out either. Any ideas?
View Quote

Is your safety on?....
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#32]
It's not all that bad to tear the whole thing apart. The only way I can see someone cracking the receivers is trying to split the receiver halves while the handguard is still installed. That's how I originally took the gun apart and it was pretty hard to not crack the receiver. I accidentally broke one of the tabs that indexes in the handguard, but I don't think that's too serious.

The other way would be when trying to remove the barrel nut. Mine wasn't a super high torque but there was a BUNCH of thread locker on it. I'd recommend letting it soak in something to help break that down, first. I also didn't have a big enough wrench, so I used an adjustable and it was a little too wide so I dented the inside of the handguard when I broke torque on the nut.

Other than those issues, you just gotta do it in the right order. As long as you remove the flash hider, barrel nut, then slide the handguard off, the rest of the breakdown is super easy. Unscrew the receiver halves and the barrel and trunnions slide right out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Scorpion Evo torque specs straight from CZ, if anyone is going to be taking theirs apart any time soon.

Receiver body screws:
2 Nm / 17.7 inch pounds

Barrel nut:
8 Nm / 70.8 inch pounds
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Gazorpazorp:
Scorpion Evo torque specs straight from CZ, if anyone is going to be taking theirs apart any time soon.

Receiver body screws:
2 Nm / 17.7 inch pounds

Barrel nut:
8 Nm / 70.8 inch pounds
View Quote

Good to know, thanks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:

Is your safety on?....
View All Quotes

Is your safety on?....

I was able to pull back the bolt by putting the cocking handle up against a wooden table and applying a good bit of pressure. The cocking handle doesn't look to be damaged.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#36]

I was able to pull back the bolt by putting the cocking handle up against a wooden table and applying a good bit of pressure. The cocking handle doesn't look to be damaged.
View All Quotes

Is your safety on?....

Why would you do that? You probably just had the safety on.

With the hammer up and the safety on the bolt is prevented from moving all the way to the rear, because the safety blocks the trigger from moving. The trigger needs to move so those sear hooks can engage the hammer.

You should inspect the trigger pack and safety too. Something was forced.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:06:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TATBME] [#37]
I put my PAP together today finally, after waiting for the manticore stock to come in stock "nice job sven", now just waiting on a EVO stock.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyer] [#38]
Got my stamp back today (104 days e-filed).  All I need now is some engraving,  the compliance kit, and some of Sven's accessories (tri-lugs, flash hider, whatever else he makes, etc.).
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Ordered this combo the other day, but its oos now. The evo fits in it perfectly.
http://www.slickguns.com/product/fieldline-pro-tactical-42-gun-case-and-roe-sling-value-bundle-29-free-shipping-over-50

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Awesome picture of a Scorpion EVO wearing the Eclipse Flash Hider  by Michael H. (customer of ours)

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/customer%20Scorpion%20with%20Eclipse.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/customer%20Scorpion%20with%20Eclipse.jpg</a>
View Quote

Looks good!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Awesome picture of a Scorpion EVO wearing the Eclipse Flash Hider  by Michael H. (customer of ours)

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/customer%20Scorpion%20with%20Eclipse.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/customer%20Scorpion%20with%20Eclipse.jpg</a>
View Quote

Oh my that is sweeeet!
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

That looks really good.

Also, you should add the Scorpion to the list in your signature.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:43:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

That looks really good.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mecha_Loopy:

That looks really good.

+1
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

That looks great. I'm getting a little anxious to get your tri lug.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#46]
CZ Scorpion + SBR paperwork + Manticore collapsable stock?

Hnnnng.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just purchased one from the FN Forum.

Not my photo, but that is my Scorpion!
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 7:18:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By BassOverflow:
Not sure if he's a member here or not, but I just purchased one from the FN Forum.

<a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/BassOverflow/media/8B4AB2AF-9E74-4BC7-87D0-A4D63E777E42_zpst831labj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/BassOverflow/8B4AB2AF-9E74-4BC7-87D0-A4D63E777E42_zpst831labj.jpg</a>

Not my photo, but that is my Scorpion!
View Quote

Looks great man!

Is that the one FullAssault was selling, or just it's identical twin?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:06:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R6rider06] [#49]
[/URL]" />

Update on the folding stock were making. Pretty much have the first finished product done. Check out all the new  pictures on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CZscorpionfoldingstock?ref=bookmarks
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By R6rider06:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f358/R6rider06/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsphfmnrug.jpg[/URL]" />

Update on the folding stock were making. Pretty much have the first finished product done. Check out all the new  pictures on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CZscorpionfoldingstock?ref=bookmarks
View Quote

Now you just need to lose a lot of bulk
Page / 251
CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 Pistol (Page 75 of 251)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top