Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2024 4:05:04 PM EDT
I ran out of TAC and plan on switching to this MP520 I picked up. I don’t see any load data for the exact bullet I’m

using, though there is plenty of other 55 gr bullets listed. Looking for advice on how to find data for Hornady FMJ BT

or how to proceed. My plan was to start with loading at or close to the lightest load listed for the other bullets and work

up to my current velocity while watching for signs of over pressure.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bashby:
I ran out of TAC and plan on switching to this MP520 I picked up. I don’t see any load data for the exact bullet I’m

using, though there is plenty of other 55 gr bullets listed. Looking for advice on how to find data for Hornady FMJ BT

or how to proceed. My plan was to start with loading at or close to the lightest load listed for the other bullets and work

up to my current velocity while watching for signs of over pressure.
View Quote

Some manuals, Hornady and Nosler for example, group all bullets of the same weight and construct into the same data set.  Pick a 55 grain bullet that is of similar construction and work up.

When I couldn't find data for the Hornady 55 SP on the Hodgdon site, I just went with 55 grain FMJ data and worked up a ladder.

Solid copper bullets are not comparable to lead core/jacketed bullets.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 11:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Top Top