Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2024 8:10:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balloo]
It was super humid last night.  Went out anyway and grabbed some footage of a nearby park at around 10:30pm.  The Sidekick640 has the most recent firmware update (I believe 7July24).  The update was an improvement and the unit hasn't froze yet (only 2 nights out with it).

So I grabbed some video of each panning the same area of park.  The x2 base magnification of the T2 kinda sucks for up close pics, but does okay at further distances.  

Keep in mind the T2Pro is 256 and the sidekick is 640.

T2Pro

Sidekick640

Sidekick640 Dick Nichols Park

All in all, the T2Pro isn't bad at all for a $319 thermal camera that will fit in your pocket and plugs into your phone.  I will be upgrading my son's phone very soon and will use is Samsung S2 as a dedicated host for the T2Pro.  Is the Armasight Sidekick640 better?  IMO, yes it is.  Is it x10 cost better than the T2Pro?  No, it isn't.  I hope that US companies can advance their thermal tech to get the same bang to buck as the Chinese thermals.

Link Posted: 7/27/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The T3 with it's 384 Resolution Thermal sensor is even better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:
The T3 with it's 384 Resolution Thermal sensor is even better.
View Quote

I was looking at the 384 camera, but the cost kept me from pulling the trigger.  I may upgrade later on to one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top