Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2024 7:24:59 PM EDT
What is the best way to order a new Laserspeed M6TR? I have heard that there are group buys or discount codes that can get the price in the $800s-900s supposedly. Anyone know the best place to get one of these units ordered from?
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 11:04:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#1]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
What is the best way to order a new Laserspeed M6TR? I have heard that there are group buys or discount codes that can get the price in the $800s-900s supposedly. Anyone know the best place to get one of these units ordered from?
View Quote
Look up JustHereForTheGuns on Reddit, I got mine from him last week. He worked with Laserspeed to get the redesigned body and the crane port. And the laser power knocked down to reduce spill. The illum is a billion times cleaner than my atpial-c. And a damn flame thrower. Next up is to make a diffuser cap, although I am 100% sure a real company like villian will come out with one and I'll buy that also. This thing is a no brainer. I can't see any weaknesses in it right now. Maybe the high illum is a little too spicy for anything close, that is about it. So diffuser will take care of that.

https://www.reddit.com/user/JustHereForTheGuns/

Pretty awesome unit if it holds up.

If you end up with one, I made a throw lever for the illuminator you can 3d print if you want.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6752271

Link Posted: 9/2/2024 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, cold harbour has a lower power laser unit that knocks the laser from 30mw to 5mw high and .7 low. Preorder for October delivery.

probably get that one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jt526:
Also, cold harbour has a lower power laser unit that knocks the laser from 30mw to 5mw high and .7 low. Preorder for October delivery.

probably get that one.
View Quote

That one is probably more preferred imo, I don't need the sun for a laser, I want a brighter illuminator.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Villain Weapon Systems or someone else needs to make an aftermarket diffuser cap for the M6TR, right now it's actually too powerful from what I can see on the reviews to fit the bill for anything indoor close distance use.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]

probably get that one.
View Quote

Oh wow, thanks for the intel.  The lower power laser (same power illuminator) highly interests me and I think I'm going to go ahead and get the pre-order at the end of this month.  I'm certain someone will come up with a diffuser cap for it in the coming months.  

Other than the reported issues with the crane connection, both of which I've seen reported have been remedied through warranty service, it looks like a very, very solid unit.  

I don't see the Holosun IRIS coming out any time soon, I think that's going to end up being a 2025 release.  The Z Bolt ACAL has been pushed back to Q2 of 2025 and after seeing it pushed back multiple times over the course of years I'm not holding my breath that they'll actually make that release timeline.  Right now, the M6TR might just be the superior civilian option under the $3K mark.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#6]
Yeah I went ahead and hopped on the pre-order as well. $1064 shipped from Cold Harbour is still a good price. I'll list the full full power one up here most likely. My use case is 300blk and not "need 500 yards worth of Laser". Both together though less than <$2k so still a win.

now to finish my diffuser cap 3d print.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:45:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#7]
In my admittedly lay amateur opinion, unless I'm doing a clip on Night Vision unit and I'm just using a PVS14 a full power laser isn't really necessary in my civilian context. Now, I'm sure someone would say it's useful for other purposes like shifting fires and so forth at distance or otherwise designating things, but that's not a primary use for me and it's more important to me that the laser be refined enough close in that the MOA is decently small on target and it isn't so bright that it risks damaging my PVS14.

I've never had any issue whatsoever with civilian laser limits, the issue has always been with the weakness of the illuminators.  

Let me know how you diffuser cap works out, the M6TR definitely appears to need one for good CQB flood.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I went ahead and hopped on the pre-order as well. $1064 shipped from Cold Harbour is still a good price. I'll list the full full power one up here most likely. My use case is 300blk and not "need 500 yards worth of Laser". Both together though less than <$2k so still a win.

now to finish my diffuser cap 3d print.
View Quote

Why not just leave it on the low setting (2mW)?  Still too powerful?  

I don't plan on ever using high IR laser but I'm hoping the low setting will work well enough for my uses.  If not I guess I'll have to order an eye-safe one from cold harbour.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Just chiming in, I'll also be attempting to slap together a 3D printed diffuser cap for em.
I have no idea what I'm doing but I have a PEQ cap, printer, some calipers, and tequila.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By superdrag67:

Why not just leave it on the low setting (2mW)?  Still too powerful?  

I don't plan on ever using high IR laser but I'm hoping the low setting will work well enough for my uses.  If not I guess I'll have to order an eye-safe one from cold harbour.
View Quote

Because if you want to use both laser and illuminator you can only do dual high or dual low. You can use high for illuminator and low for laser
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 12:34:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#11]
Originally Posted By Kjaskarr:
Just chiming in, I'll also be attempting to slap together a 3D printed diffuser cap for em.
I have no idea what I'm doing but I have a PEQ cap, printer, some calipers, and tequila.
View Quote
Don't let that stop you!

peq cap "core" , I basically just peeled off the closest to the peq side and filed it flat. The internal structure is ~10mm and just press fit in my cap. some shock cord like the 100 concepts caps, and I am using the visible laser hole as a key for alignment.

Tomorrow is V2, it needs a lip on the right side so that it doesn’t “snap” too far to the center, and maybe an extended tab on that side for flipping. But it lights up the hell out of my back yard and the peq diffuser material works same way.

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yumago:

Because if you want to use both laser and illuminator you can only do dual high or dual low. You can use high for illuminator and low for laser
View Quote

Oh, duh.  Thanks.

Just got my FP unit in the mail late yesterday.  Hopefully I can get out with it next weekend to do some testing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got my M6TR in the mail today and it blows the LS321 out of the water. I can't wait to do a night shoot with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone chatted with Villain Weapon Systems through social media to see whether he has any plans right now for a diffuser cap for the M6TR?

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't been keeping up with the M6 LAMs - what's the one to get (and from where?). I see them on 4MR Ranch, posts here about Reddit, and now Cold Harbor Supply I guess. What's the TLDR? Thanks peeps!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Make sure if you get one you get the M6TR one, because that's the one with the Crane Port.

The TLDR is that they're insanely powerful with excellent throw, but not great if you want flood for close in work.  So far, nobody has a diffuser for sale for it yet that will give you that flood, but it looks like from its design that could be possible down the road.

I believe they're IP68 rated as well for dust and water, but if that's a concern to you go look that up to make sure I"m right.

There are three YouTube reviews I've seen of the M6TR so far and two of them had samples where there was an issue with the Crane Port, but in both cases that issue was remedied via the warranty.  

Cold Harbor Supply is the only one I've seen selling a model with a civilian power laser unit (has full power illuminator).  Although CHS also has the regular full power one listed on their website. If you want one right now it would have to be the full powered version and I've seen them for sale on Warhammer Armarments (Coupon code provided in the 4MR video).
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Make sure if you get one you get the M6TR one, because that's the one with the Crane Port.

The TLDR is that they're insanely powerful with excellent throw, but not great if you want flood for close in work.  So far, nobody has a diffuser for sale for it yet that will give you that flood, but it looks like from its design that could be possible down the road.

I believe they're IP68 rated as well for dust and water, but if that's a concern to you go look that up to make sure I"m right.

There are three YouTube reviews I've seen of the M6TR so far and two of them had samples where there was an issue with the Crane Port, but in both cases that issue was remedied via the warranty.  

Cold Harbor Supply is the only one I've seen selling a model with a civilian power laser unit (has full power illuminator).  Although CHS also has the regular full power one listed on their website. If you want one right now it would have to be the full powered version and I've seen them for sale on Warhammer Armarments (Coupon code provided in the 4MR video).
View Quote

Thanks bud.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mickdonaldson:

Thanks bud.
View Quote

You're welcome man.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I just want something in the $800-900 range that I can put on a 13.5” AR10. This M6TR seems perfect for it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2024 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's my version of a diffuser cap for the M6TR. Printed in flexible TPU so it uses the same mounting points as the original dust cover.

Works pretty well seen here with widest beam low illum/laser vs cap in place.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top