Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2024 6:17:28 PM EDT
Good evening all.

For many years I've fussed with the projectiles that I've purchased on-the-cheap that have usually arrived in bags.

I've usually repurposed empty name-brand boxes but would like to graduate to a more organized and practical longterm storage solution.

Last night I peeled the lables off of several little empty green Sierra 52gr SMK boxes and felt silly trying to figure-out how to stuff 500 pieces of Mid-South's 62gr BTHP 224 bullets into those.

I have a closet full of neat 9mm 50 round plastic stap-lid boxes designed to store 50 rounds of loaded 9mm loaded ammo but also felt silly thinking about how to scoop out all those ittle dividers.

Just wondering about bulk projectile storage for easy access and organization.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You want bulk..........as in maybe 500 bullets at a whack?
I cant remember where, well it was an internet search, but I found some of the boxes that happened to be the same size as the Sierra 500rd boxes.
I just use those, use the computer to print out a sticker/label for them.
Done and done.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The majority of my bullets are stored in Ovaltine plastic containers. You want to get something with that opaque softer plastic, not the clear brittle stuff like peanut containers. You will find out the hard way if you ever bump one full of bullets. The Ovaltine containers are awesome, and Ovaltine is awesome too. The screw cap and wide mouth is nice.

If nothing else Rubbermaid tupperware works great too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdb1] [#3]
Your local dollar store is chock full of plastic snap lid containers.

Uline makes white cardboard "Indestructo" mailers that are what a lot of cast bullet manufacturers use. Their site sells by the hundred which can be a little pricey, but look around and you might find smaller quantities at resellers.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
reuse costco/samsclub nut and fruit containers.  been using them for decades with no issues. unless you drop them full.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Berry's sells the black plastic boxes that they ship their bulk bullets in, you can easily fit 500 to a box.
https://www.berrysmfg.com/product/409u-ammo-box
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Old 1lb powder containers work good.
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: s4s4u] [#8]
Originally Posted By paduce:
Good evening all.

For many years I've fussed with the projectiles that I've purchased on-the-cheap that have usually arrived in bags.

I've usually repurposed empty name-brand boxes but would like to graduate to a more organized and practical longterm storage solution.

Last night I peeled the lables off of several little empty green Sierra 52gr SMK boxes and felt silly trying to figure-out how to stuff 500 pieces of Mid-South's 62gr BTHP 224 bullets into those.

I have a closet full of neat 9mm 50 round plastic stap-lid boxes designed to store 50 rounds of loaded 9mm loaded ammo but also felt silly thinking about how to scoop out all those ittle dividers.

Just wondering about bulk projectile storage for easy access and organization.
View Quote

We're talking about bullets here, right.....

And, yes, I am joking....

I just use those cheap Rubbermaid plastic containers from Wally.  They stack nicely.
Top Top