Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2024 2:40:52 PM EDT
Has anybody tried the PPU 110 grain soft point m1 carbine ammo? if you have what are your experiences with it
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:24:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4BlackRifle] [#1]
It works in my WW-II vintage Inland.    No failures to feed, fire, or eject.

Edit to add: Prvi and Fiocchi, same results.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Prvi and Fiocchi work great in my Standard Products Carbine.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Have an Underwood with a '44(?) barrel on it, the story from the original owner was that it came out of the CMP in the 60s.

Zero issues with the Prvi FMJ.

The 110gr Prvi soft points have had some feeding issues.  The exposed lead will get hung up and fail to feed.  I just clear it and move on, it's not an HD or hunting rifle so I don't worry about the feed issues.

It's a rifle that comes out maybe once a year for shits and giggles, both FMJ and SP loads will reliably ring the gongs at 100.

Don't remember if I've tried the SP at 200, the FMJ is still minute of man at 200 with a full sized B27 style gong.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully it feeds and ejects well in my m1 carbine
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Both soft point and FMJ PPU from Aim  work well in my M2 even in full auto.

They were essentially the same price and even cheaper than many others ammo

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top