Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2024 10:21:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARMALITE-FAN]
Any one hunted with these ? How do they perform?

Like the Winchesster Power Point and Rem>ngton Core Lokt.

I consider the Remington the better bullet.

Been buying 7.62x54, 6.5x55, 303 British and 8x57.

SP or SPBT are the same price as FMJ.

I also see them relatively cheap as components. Cheaper than other cup and core bullets.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:08:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluedog82] [#1]
Shot 3 deer with factory PPU SPs (150gr .308). Two ran 100-150yds, one dropped. No real issues.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I use PPU 286 soft points in my 9.3x62 Mauser.

They knocked a caribou and an AK black bear off their feet. The caribou got up and ran 75 or so yards, the bear was DRT.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Did either of you recover any bullets or where they pass through ?

I just want decent penetration without fragmenting. Not a fan of fragmentation on deer and up.

It can work spectacular or fail badly.

I shot a good size moose about 15 yards with a 160 gr RN Remington Core Lokt out-of a 6.5x55 Swede.

Penetrated front chest to it side through the stomach, stopped on the rib. Great expansion without losing much weight. It still weigh 136 gr.

I was not hunting moose but  he insisted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top