Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2024 2:16:18 PM EDT
Have a Tavor SAR. One gripe I have is the safety, seems mushy. Would like an ambi safety, but really want one that feels better (more AR like). I've seen some ambi safeties but do these feel any better, snappier than the stock?
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the mushiness is in the mechanism, replacing the plastic levers with metal does not get rid of it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Was kinda thinking that might be the issue
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 9:35:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I don't notice a mushy safety on my SAR either. Thsat being said Ramy (RPMTool) makes ambi safety levers.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine seems fine.  

What I hate about the safety is it irritates my trigger finger.  I've tried different safeties and even removed it altogether.  I'd really love to have something of a cap that's as smooth and unobtrusive as possible.  Makes me want to get a 3D printer and see what can be done.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

The Tavor SAR and X95 come from the factory with one safety lever on the left, and a smooth covering cap on the right side.  Did yours not come that way?  (Did you buy a used one?)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

I found the factory cap bothersome as well.

None of the current options make the rifle unshootable. But nothing is as unobtrusive as I’d like.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Unfortunately with the inherent lug and plunger on the safety shaft you aren't going to be able to make it much smaller than the OEM right side cap.  

You must have thick fingers and/or ride your grip really high?  I don't even contact the safety levers or cap with my trigger finger. Kinda curious now on what you are experiencing!

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Agreed it won’t go much smaller. But a little less size and a better shape might do the trick.

Must be my grip rides high. And I’m also quite sensitive to parts touching my trigger finger. Must be from making my living on a keyboard. 😀

PS.  I ordered one of your port covers last week. Think I’ve got a Gearhead on there now.  Sure am hoping yours is better. Thanks for marketing it regardless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top