Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2024 4:35:09 PM EDT
I just heard that Trail Boss is out of production. Anyone have an idea of what it's selling for nowadays?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Heard from who? Did Hodgdon confirm?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:40:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HatTrick55] [#2]
LOL
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Heard from who? Did Hodgdon confirm?
View Quote

Heard from the Internet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Really?

Glad I bought 4 cases of it about 10-12 years ago.  

I guess I'll be in good shape for the duration of my run...
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 5:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Last I heard it was not discontinued forever but not currently in production.  The plant in Australia that makes it revised the equipment in the plant.  Their current setup cannot do what it takes to make Trailboss.  They say they will someday get to it.

So you won’t see it anytime soon.

Unless ADI in Australia made a more recent press announcement.....
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#6]
It's gone and the prices for unopened TrailBoss is flat out ridiculous.  The company keeps saying it's only temporary, but I highly doubt it's coming back or they would have done it by now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:29:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W_E_G] [#7]
If they can't even get gun cotton anymore, there's a LOT of powders gonna be out of production.
No gun cotton, no gun powder.

Demand (for all gunpowder) currently exceeds supply of constituent materials.

Pepper your angus if you want to buy gunpowder.

https://www.ft.com/content/23807ef8-fc6b-41c9-ae7b-9c9ad3a27e82

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
It's gone and the prices for unopened TrailBoss is flat out ridiculous.  The company keeps saying it's only temporary, but I highly doubt it's coming back or they would have done it by now.
View Quote

What are unopened containers going for? I know they have 9oz, 2lb and 5lb containers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d rather have SR4759 back.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:
I'd rather have SR4759 back.
View Quote
N32C.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Heard that it was kapoot in 2023.

Have two cans I,use for 308 subs gonna suck to rework the load when I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#12]
ADI changed up production equipment.  They were not able to make Trail Boss.  So it is back the drawing board to come with a new formulation that they can make.
VV discontinued N32C aka Tin Star a while back.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rn22723:
ADI changed up production equipment.  They were not able to make Trail Boss.  So it is back the drawing board to come with a new formulation that they can make.
View Quote

Necro thread bump.

They were forced to change equipment because of environmental regulations in Australia. They can no longer transport the components of the powder to make stuff like TB. They'll never make it in Australia again imo. What I don't understand is why not license its mfg somewhere else?

VV N32C was a crap replacement for TB.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

Necro thread bump.

They were forced to change equipment because of environmental regulations in Australia. They can no longer transport the components of the powder to make stuff like TB. They'll never make it in Australia again imo. What I don't understand is why not license its mfg somewhere else?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Necro thread bump.

I never used it but did some math when I was thinking about it a few years back. If I remember right it was about twice the price of trailboss and the loads I looked at using needed twice the powder or something like that so it was 4x the cost.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#15]

I never used it but did some math when I was thinking about it a few years back. If I remember right it was about twice the price of trailboss and the loads I looked at using needed twice the powder or something like that so it was 4x the cost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Necro thread bump.

In 45 Colt the minimum loading gets you 950fps with 250g, cowboy action shooters would never go for that much recoil.

I have a pound that I use to load up a few bowling pin loads which its good for, but it failed miserably in the marketed roll.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#16]
TB was meant for Cowboy Action Shooting, but

- suppressor (silencer is the legal term) owners found TB really useful for certain subsonic loads.

Bummer it’s never coming out of Australia again.
Top Top