Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2024 4:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: t11t5]
About 20 years ago a friend on mine’s grandfather passed away. He received a 1943 Underwood M1 Carbine. My friend wasn’t into older firearms and gave it to me.
 The outer metal you see has been re-blued and is shiny. If you take off the stock and handguard, it’s original parkerized finished. I was thinking of selling it. What would the value be due to this? Thanks, Terry
" />[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you give a few more specs on it?

$1000 for a carbine is pretty normal pricing these days.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Op, can you post up some pics?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: t11t5] [#3]
What would you like to know?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Can you give a few more specs on it?

$1000 for a carbine is pretty normal pricing these days.
View Quote

I agree with Sajer on this. Even with the finish modification, any WWII issue carbine is worth $1K.
Gary
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks as if when it was redone, it filled in the markings on the barrel.

It has Underwood, Inland, & IBM parts.
Probably more other types of parts. They’re all stamped except the barrel.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Overall condition you said was refinished.

Bore and muzzle?

Sling , oiler , other?

Probably not an import , but always good to check for any markings.

Anyway, if all the others check out good or VG then $1000 for an original carbine with reblue is still valid. If you want to move it fast then $900 will likely move it.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:11:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: t11t5] [#8]
Here’s my first one I took. I’ll take more and post tomorrow. If there’s a better site to use for pics let me know please.
" />
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 4:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#9]
When you had it out of the wood, was there a noticeable step on the barrel? Does it look like the receiver heel and bridge were buffed to get rid of the markings or just slathered in cold blue? I've seen a few where they turned down the front of the barrel to get rid of the markings. If not buffed and turned down, try a little Ballistol and see if the cold blue will come off. Since you say it is still parked under the wood, it doesn't sound like they dipped it. You might want to try this on one of the smaller parts first to see how it turns out.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 4:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris_1522] [#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
It's pretty but there is nothing really valuable on it. Really just the sum of parts. If I saw this somewhere for 700 or so I'd buy it and then repark it and strip the stock and it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bubbatheredneck] [#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chris_1522:
I honestly think you're going to struggle to approach current "typical" pricing for an unmolested example, unfortunately.

I'd expect with the original parkerized finish around $1000.

With the polish and blue probably $600, maybe more, but it all depends on the customer.

View Quote
lol at the lowballs here.

The cheapest carbine on gun broker with bids is $506 for a Universal.

Universals have been selling for $750-800.

OP's USGI rifle is gonna be way above a  $600 price point.  
$1200 is the floor for park finished carbines on GB.

OP's USGI would most like fetch $950-1100 without much trouble and not in a hurry.

Searching completed auctions on GB is the best way to figure out the market price for any firearm IMO.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top