Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2024 11:39:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kalju]
There is currently a severe shortage of LR primers in Finland. In practice, you always have to buy if you can find LR primers somewhere, up to a certain limit, regardless of the price. This time I happened to find a bacth of 500 primers mentioned in the title at a kind of reasonable price. Would any of the forum members be able to compare the quality of these US made primers with e.g. CCI 400 200 primers?

Edited to correct CCI LR primer
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
CCI 400 is small rifle primer

CCI Large Rifle primers
#200 Standard
#250 LR Magnum
BR-2 Benchrest
#34 Mil Spec
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Oops! This is and embarrassing brain fart!  Naturally Meant CCI 200.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a new comer to the US Primer Market.  At least they got primers into vendors hands.
In the market conditions we live in, a person may no immediate alternatives.  

Unlike that Expansion Industries debacle in East Texas.  And, then supposedly First Breach in Maryland.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've not used their LR primers.

As I documented here I got some factory second SPP that I'm 99% sure are from White River. I've just started using them but I had 150 go bang yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:08:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blowout] [#5]
Another forum has a thread on these and some feedback>

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/white-river-primers.7218089/

Interesting post on this thread below. I see they are available at Powder Valley now for $105 USD.

The only reason they are for sale here is WR broke their contract with Republic Reloading so they are just selling them all out till gone. WR tried to get all primers back from the people they sent them to so they could send them overseas.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
So they seem to be a bit larger than the CCI. Might be a problem when switching back to CCIs or other "normal" primers, if we ever get them again, or then not.
Link Posted: 6/8/2024 3:42:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blowout] [#7]
The video doesn't say if he ever uniformed the primer pockets.

Since the primer didn't seat below flush, a measurement of the height of the WRE primer would have been nice as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Blowout:

Interesting post on this thread below. I see they are available at Powder Valley now for $105 USD.

The only reason they are for sale here is WR broke their contract with Republic Reloading so they are just selling them all out till gone. WR tried to get all primers back from the people they sent them to so they could send them overseas.
View Quote

Wait, what?

We have foreign manufacturers sending primers here by the boat load to sell, but then have a US manufacturer that only sells them overseas?
Something does not sound right.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:

Wait, what?

We have foreign manufacturers sending primers here by the boat load to sell, but then have a US manufacturer that only sells them overseas?
View Quote

How the hell could you sell primers that you had returned unless I am assuming they’re still palletized.

I read that comment on SH.  I guess the Aussies get screwed price wise and availability wise on all things firearm related.  They’re easily gouged.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 1:53:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TZLVredmist] [#10]

Wait, what?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blowout:

Wait, what?

If you export it you don't pay the excise tax....  would by my guess. Just a guess though, I don't know for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top