User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unlike cars, knives, drugs, alcohol or any other freely available, potentially deadly items which can (and do) kill lots of people, guns are the only commercially available instrument in the world that we designed specifically for the purpose of the eradication of life.

Oh really?  What the fuck do you have to say about this?

https://s3-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpro-lifetube.com%2Faddons%2Falbums%2Fimages%2F164569414.jpg&sp=60877078bda612b080010b6b8673fc84

or these?

https://s3-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2Fb5%2F1e%2F4a%2Fb51e4abbdeb69b274d532bb6508f2e4a.jpg&sp=cc58a0eb0509b5e8dee3c69b06c97678

That made me physically ill to see that.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#2]

It's a fucking blog, any jackass with an internet connection can have one, whoopty damn doo.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm.....

Sure sounds a lot like Dennis Hopper's rant about the bombs in Speed...

Wonder if Mr Beta Author is gonna get his feels slapped for plagiarism?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
What a weak sister.

That is a prime example of someone who would go quietly to the ovens, cowered by the fact that the evil thugs doing the deed are armed with those singular of purpose firearms.

Rail, rail against the dying of the will to fight.
(paraphrased)
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There is no such thing as bi-curios.  He either liked that dick up the ass or he didn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yoga vegan bi-curious San Franciscan.

There is no such thing as bi-curios.  He either liked that dick up the ass or he didn't.

To be fair, he has to be open minded and try something a few dozen times to make sure you like it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
derp
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ahhh they blow shit up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Proof? Simple: Just remove any gun fetishist’s (or terrorist’s, or mass shooter’s) stockpile of weapons, and watch what happens

Ahhh they blow shit up

Hesrightyouknow.jpeg
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Once again we have an unstable person projecting his fears about himself onto other people. When he says, "No one holds or fires a gun without some fundamental understanding of this fact – that he could, if he so desired, kill anything he wanted, right now, in an instant", what he really means is "I could not hold or fire a gun without some fundamental understanding of this fact - that I could, if I so desired, kill anything I wanted, right now, in an instant". Anyone who has spent time around firearms knows that this is absolutely untrue for the VAST majority of gun owners. Just because HE is scared HE couldn't control HIMSELF around a gun, doesn't mean others share the same disposition. So, because of his own personal shortcomings, he wants to regulate everyone else. This is the problem with the mindset of people who wish to control others "for their own good". It says more about their own thoughts and fears than those they wish to "protect".

I did not grow up around people who shot or handled firearms. My parents were not anti-gun, but they certainly were not pro-gun either. They thought they were for other people and not for us. I was taken shooting one time as a youngster of about 12 by my uncle because I wondered what it was like to fire a gun. He grew up in a household that owned hunting and sporting arms, so he offered to go show me the ropes. We went to a range and rented a .22 pistol and I had a good time, but my curiosity was sated. After that I honestly I spent a good portion of my life afraid of guns because I was constantly told how dangerous they were and in retrospect I can admit that I wasn't sure that I was stable or responsible enough to own one. I was afraid that if I picked up the gun I would be overwhelmed with the feelings the author of the article described. The problem was with ME, not with the guns. I never had anyone responsible showing me the way. It turns out when I got old enough to realize that I was being totally irrational and to research on my own and have others explain things to me, I realized how it was my own misconceptions that were causing my fears. Once I got educated, I wasn't afraid and approached guns with confidence and responsibility...the way virtually all gun owners do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
So the author of this "article" is: Mark Morford

Author, Columnist, ERYT500 yoga teacher, Admirer of trees....

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
If past mass shootings are any indication, gun sales in America will enjoy a nice sales surge after the Oregon massacre. Because of course the answer to all the gun deaths is always… more guns.
View Quote

No, sales spike because law abiding citizens think their tyrannical government is going to take their gun rights away and rush to buy firearms fearing their will be a ban, allowing their guns to either be grandfathered because they were bought before the ban or used against the gov if they decide to go as far as attempt to confiscate them.

This is why all religious and spiritual traditions the world over agree: Guns are for cowards
View Quote

What religion proclaims the people should be disarmed?

Just remove any gun fetishist’s (or terrorist’s, or mass shooter’s) stockpile of weapons, and watch what happens. They are instantly deflated, lost, rendered vulgar and human. All illusions of power and machismo vaporize, leaving only the base energies of hate and fear they often don’t understand, much less know how to transmute into something like kindness and love.

Ever heard of a IED? Suicide bombers? Did violence not exist until the invention of gunpowder?

Same guy also wrote this gem of a article

http://blog.sfgate.com/morford/2015/10/23/all-the-president-hillary-you-can-possibly-handle/
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
That's dumb, guns are awesome.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Mental illness.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:15:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What a crock of shit!

View Quote

I did not read the original post, only the title.

"...crock of shit" is probably what I agree with.

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top