Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What can they do with Spiderman/Peter Parker?   The big comic reveal is he gets in front of the press with Tony Stark and does the unmasking.  J.Jonah Jamensen passes out and everyone in the world shits a brick.    Well that shock value will be pretty hard to pull off in the MCU with such short notice of adding  Spiderman/P.P.
View Quote

And that retarded one issue of shock value led the spidey comics into an even more retarded death spiral when they basically retconned the whole spider man continuity to get themselves out of the retarded corner that they were in.

One More Day, Brand New Day, all shit.  If there's any justice they'll leave Spider Man out of this completely just so they don't fuck up his movies before they start.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Which side will Superman be on? He's not even human.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And that retarded one issue of shock value led the spidey comics into an even more retarded death spiral when they basically retconned the whole spider man continuity to get themselves out of the retarded corner that they were in.

One More Day, Brand New Day, all shit.  If there's any justice they'll leave Spider Man out of this completely just so they don't fuck up his movies before they start.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What can they do with Spiderman/Peter Parker?   The big comic reveal is he gets in front of the press with Tony Stark and does the unmasking.  J.Jonah Jamensen passes out and everyone in the world shits a brick.    Well that shock value will be pretty hard to pull off in the MCU with such short notice of adding  Spiderman/P.P.

Spiderman had been doing his thing 5-9 years before civil war.  The continuity isn't 100% in the MCU.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Punisher's part in the comic was great.

I'll watch this just to see how they slant it. The comic was done very well.

https://p.dreamwidth.org/2d5fe0938aeb/-/farm3.static.flickr.com/2580/3818547999_ba986208d1_b.jpg

https://p.dreamwidth.org/4d10815785af/-/farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/3818548055_8fe77a4119_b.jpg

How can Punisher take a Full Power Shot from the Cap?      Is he Superhuman?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]

No way, not even close.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

In fact, Cap is the only superhuman in that picture.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No way, not even close.
View All Quotes

Just warming up.

World of difference between making it up as you go along because something was more successful than expected, and starting out with a long term vision.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

https://p.dreamwidth.org/2d5fe0938aeb/-/farm3.static.flickr.com/2580/3818547999_ba986208d1_b.jpg

https://p.dreamwidth.org/4d10815785af/-/farm4.static.flickr.com/3477/3818548055_8fe77a4119_b.jpg

I wish they made The Punisher part of the MCU

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wouldn't want to give away an 8 year old comic book story.
And who's to say the film goes in the same direction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This might be Chris Evans last film as Capt. America.  His contract is up after this movie and I haven't read anything about him signing a new one.

If only you knew...

Has he said any more lately?
Last I heard he said he was done when his contract was up because he wanted to direct.
Maybe Marvel will let him helm one of the smaller pictures or get his feet wet on TV in order to keep him on as Cap.

Don't want to spoil things.

Wouldn't want to give away an 8 year old comic book story.
And who's to say the film goes in the same direction?

Especially since he is in the next Avengers film.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The registration is for super heroes, not super humans.  Doesn't matter if you have a suit or what, if you fight crime in a costume you have to register.  I am wondering how they will handle the whole Thor/Goliath thing????  And what better way to create a new Hulk movie than what happens to him??? Planet Hulk???!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's in the 2nd season of DareDevil.  So he is going to be a part of the MCU now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Captian America doesn't have super strength like Golactus or Hulk.  He's abnormally strong, and his endurance is enhanced more than anything.

If you note some of the fight scenes in the movies.

Here some of Ago of Ultron.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#14]
So, we'll see Iron Spider?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So, we'll see Iron Spider?
View Quote

That would be cool, but I don't know if they will have time to develop the Peter Parker/Tony Stark mentorship.   I think they could save this for a future storyline and probably will.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't say your wrong....

Like I said, they would have to have several movies and years of development of Spider-Man/PP before this movie to even pull that off, so I'm hoping that sort of gets painted out of this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Registration is exactly what would happen if superheroes cause collateral damage.
we can't even have collateral damage in war anymore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Registration is exactly what would happen if superheroes cause collateral damage.
we can't even have collateral damage in war anymore.
View Quote

Insurance would be stupid hard to get.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So no-one on the pro-registration side is a superhuman.

I can't help feeling that without bringing more of the mutants into the storyline that the superhuman registration act doesn't make a lot of sense.

Correct.

A guy who owns a suit isn't a superhuman (presumably they'd register the suit, not themselves?).

And BlackWidow, Hawkeye & Falcon certainly wouldn't qualify.

I think we need to see the wording of this bill!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can't help feeling that without bringing more of the mutants into the storyline that the superhuman registration act doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quoted:
Only Mutants should have to register.

Correct.

A guy who owns a suit isn't a superhuman (presumably they'd register the suit, not themselves?).

You have to pass it to see whats in it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Robo-Thor killing Goliath.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you don't know what the upcoming movie 'Captain America: Civil War' is about: an incident results in serious collateral damage causing the government to pass the Superhuman Registration Act which would force a mandatory registration of superpowered individuals with the government.

Captain America, having fought in WWII and knowing what registration leads to, leads the anti-registration side.

Tony Stark/Iron Man leads the pro-registration side.

Here are the rest of the teams so far:

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/is-captain-america-3-civil-war-a-bad-idea-or-is-avengers-3-better-marvel-civil-war-poster1.jpeg

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/V1PrULcp_l2_8s2cnnYViw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAwO2lsPXBsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en_US/News/BGR_News/captain-america-civil-war-teams.png.cf.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIv4V34UAAA4yy3.jpg

View Quote
Cap all the way.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marvel gots the rights back.

The moving truck that smashed the Hyrda agents posing as cop cars in Winter Soldier was Mr. Frank Castle himself.

Marvel even hinted at it.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.

We have to pass it to see what's in it  

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

It's some gay Marvel word.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait doesn't he champion registration in the comics

Tony Stark does.

Cap opposes it and leads the anti-registration team.

I just want to know. Who the hell uses the world "Cap" to address a guy ranked Captain? I've been in the military and NEVER heard that word.

So you're not bothered by the concept of 1940's scientists manipulating the genes of a weakling and turning him into the strongest and most capable warrior ever, but calling him "Cap" is just ridiculous?

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
My team, Captain America. Fuck the government!
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I suspect the extended edition will address some of that.  A2 glossed over a bunch of stuff that screams aggressive edit, like Thor in that pool of prophecy thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except there aren't mutants in the MCU, they are part of the X-Men universe.
I'm guessing something in the upcoming season of Agents of SHIELD will happen that cause a lot more Inhumans to appear.

I have lost confidence that Agemts of Shield is truly ties into the MCU. The last Avengers movie passed up several opportunities to show otherwise, that would have in no way prevented the movies from being enjoyed on their own. In fact, it could have helped explain the status of SHIELD.

I suspect the extended edition will address some of that.  A2 glossed over a bunch of stuff that screams aggressive edit, like Thor in that pool of prophecy thing.

Ragnarok is supposed to happen before Civil War thats why Thor isn't in it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So you're not bothered by the concept of 1940's scientists manipulating the genes of a weakling and turning him into the strongest and most capable warrior ever, but calling him "Cap" is just ridiculous?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tony Stark does.

Pretty sure he volunteered. Don't volunteer for shit you don't want to. Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marvel got the rights to Spiderman back?

Yup.

I hope they do something with Venom and not make him a fucking faggot like Sony did. Venom is one of my favorite comic book characters.

Venom is my favorite Marvel character.

http://www.doyouyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/10-Perks-of-Travelling-Solo-3.gif

Carnage is bettah
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Pretty sure he volunteered. Don't volunteer for shit you don't want to. Pretty simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tony Stark does.

What does that have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Carnage is bettah
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope they do something with Venom and not make him a fucking faggot like Sony did. Venom is one of my favorite comic book characters.

http://www.doyouyoga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/10-Perks-of-Travelling-Solo-3.gif

Carnage is bettah

Ahahahahahhahahahahahhaahhaha.

No.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carnage is bettah

No.

Don't know how you will feel about Venom now....as Flash Thompson now is bonded with the symbiote and after finding the species home planet they removed it's violent tendencies and made it more an intelligent weapon system.

Eddie Brock...the original Venom is now Toxin.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#35]

Don't know how you will feel about Venom now....as Flash Thompson now is bonded with the symbiote and after finding the species home planet they removed it's violent tendencies and made it more an intelligent weapon system.

Eddie Brock...the original Venom is now Toxin.
View Quote

Flash joined the Army got paralyzed from the waist down then bonded with Venom Symbiote to become Agent Venom.  It was a pretty cool back story.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Can one of you comic nerds explain what the deal with Hydra was? What exactly was the politics of its followers?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can one of you comic nerds explain what the deal with Hydra was? What exactly was the politics of its followers?
View Quote

Kind of like the Nazi's just more scientific.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#38]
sucks to be the Capt. no dd214 and he is kinda immortal
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
sucks to be the Capt. no dd214 and he is kinda immortal
View Quote

No, just ages at a much slower rate.  He gets old when the super soldeir stuff starts to wear off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
From my understanding it is his last. He "Wants to move on to something else."

But I guess we will see. Robert Downey Jr. Contract was up too after Iron Man 3... Yet he's back again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This might be Chris Evans last film as Capt. America.  His contract is up after this movie and I haven't read anything about him signing a new one.

But I guess we will see. Robert Downey Jr. Contract was up too after Iron Man 3... Yet he's back again.
His contract is for six movies, Civil War will be his fifth, the Captain will be in Infinity War, too.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hydra worked under the premise that humans couldn't be trusted with their own freedom. They needed to be ruled over.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Cap
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
His contract is for six movies, Civil War will be his fifth, the Captain will be in Infinity War, too part two.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His contract is for six movies, Civil War will be his fifth, the Captain will be in Infinity War, too part two.  

Fify.

I doubt he'll be in the first part.  It would make it good send off for him to be in the part 2 of IW
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hydra worked under the premise that humans couldn't be trusted with their own freedom. They needed to be ruled over.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like every brand of statist that has come and gone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Correct.

Seriously, if Marvel has any balls they'll work that line into the movie.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ethos of the Nazi party was nationalistic and based on Germanic racial supremacy. They pictured a Germanic 3rd Reich controlling the worst.

What did Hydra belief in?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The moving truck that smashed the Hyrda agents posing as cop cars in Winter Soldier was Mr. Frank Castle himself.

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Captain-America-2-Penske.jpg?zoom=3&resize=600%2C353

Was That a Captain America The Winter Soldier Punisher Cameo?

Did Captain America: The Winter Soldier Contain A Secret ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i0.wp.com/bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Captain-America-2-Penske.jpg?zoom=3&resize=600%2C353

Was That a Captain America The Winter Soldier Punisher Cameo?

Did Captain America: The Winter Soldier Contain A Secret ...

You just made my peepee tingle.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:01:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By whom? In what sort of system? What is their end state goal?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Fify.

I doubt he'll be in the first part.  It would make it good send off for him to be in the part 2 of IW
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fify.

Perhaps. Though, in recent interviews he has expressed interest in staying beyond his current contract.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
His contract is for six movies, Civil War will be his fifth, the Captain will be in Infinity War, too.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, he was in Thor: The Dark World also, so that makes six.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top