User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had to buy those at Cash Sales in Okinawa as they didn't have anything else.  4 sets were ripped before I rotated back to Geiger.  Very comfortable but they did not hold up well.  Repairing them with patches looked embarrassing.
David
View Quote

I feel like I want to say something about a move from Okinawa to Geiger, but I don't know what it is.

Went to NCO School on Hansen for about 6 weeks. Then SNCO Career Course on Hansen for about 6 weeks. Did Wire School on Geiger in '86.

Those were not the good ol' days.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the Improved Hot Weather uniform. Lighter material, and no fugging zipper on the top. It's all buttons, even on the shoulder pockets. It breathes better, not making you feel hot.

Only time I wear the OCP uniform is when it's around 40 or below that. Material is heavier/thicker 50/50 cotton nylon, so I don't mind it helping me keep a little more body heat. I wish it had buttons down the front instead of the zipper, when that uniform came out in 2015 that was my only gripe. I was ecstatic to be ditching UCP, so it really didn't matter even though I busted my first OCP zipper after 1 month.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I prefer feathers for aerodynamics.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
OD green . The cotton ones, unstarched were better in the field. Starched when you needed to look good.
View Quote

After a few years the starched pants would stand up on their own.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm basically authorized to wear 3 different uniforms on any given day when not flying: ACU, A2CU, and IHWCU. I prefer the IHWCU, they're cut like they're tailored for me, and the only reason I don't wear them for all non-flying duties is that I have to pay for them and maintenance can be messy. Otherwise, I'll wear them regardless of temperature (and I knew that was authorized when the General wore them to our in-processing welcoming in November ).

ETA: To avoid confusion..."ACU" is the particular uniform I'm referring to, OCP is the camo pattern derived from Crye's Multicam. All of my uniforms are in OCP, except some flight gear unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wore prison uniforms in the military for twenty years.  Sure as shit, as soon as I retired they went to a more comfortable, better looking, more military uniform.
(not me)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/ef/d4/98efd4d5da0ef76e2c63866b8acc41dd.jpg

San Quentin inmates
https://edsurge.imgix.net/uploads/post/image/5401/1-1444860682.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&w=640&h=259&fit=crop

View Quote

My uncle always described the Navy as being in prison with a chance of drowning.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:24:24 PM EDT
[#7]
OCP, no contest. I’ve been in BDU, ABU and now OCP.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well….call me old school, but the BDU Army was still winning the war. And I say that having been in after they went away.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#9]
MARPAT master race checking in with a hat tip the service Chuks, and of course the Dress Blue coupe de grace.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BDUs.  I think the the new hot weather uniforms kinda look like the old maternity uniforms.  OCPs are fine though and I am in hot weather all the time.
View Quote

The lack of chest pockets does make them look like preggers uniforms I'm not going to lie
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:23:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

what is new is old again - remember being issue 2 HW and 2 CW BDUs well its like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm old. I don't even know what those letters stand for.

what is new is old again - remember being issue 2 HW and 2 CW BDUs well its like that.

Exactly what I thought as well
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OG 107 with slant pockets.
View Quote
This guy is absolutely right. Best field uniform EVER.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top