BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am consistently shocked by how many people look at that and don't realize it's shopped.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am consistently shocked by how many people look at that and don't realize it's shopped.

You shut your whore mouth. Everyone knows the centimeter causes a mushroom cloud
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]

that's my next handgun purchase.
I have a Vortex Venom ( 3 MOA dot) and 450 rounds of 10mm Sig Sauer ammo in the closet, just waiting...
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Underwood penetrator stuff?
there's some good videos of that out there; pretty impressive.
I see Sig ammo in the background; how does it perform? I have 400 rounds of it.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Question for the Hive:

My nephew in law is for all intents and purposes, my son.  I took him in when his mother and step father became abusive and intolerable.  He stayed with us for several years, but when all was going well, he knocked up his girlfriend.  He pushed through it, graduated high school, and eventually went on to college.  He's about to graduate, top 10% of his class, and is going into the Army as a 2nd LT.  He doesn't know whether he'll be active or reserve.  I'll be attending his graduation next month.  

I really want to get him a nice graduation gift, but don't have the funds to get something REALLY nice.  He grew up liking the 1911, as that is mostly what I used.  Yesterday, he asked me about a 38 super 1911 for $1300 that he saw in a gun shop and I told him to walk away.  Today, I was looking at guns while shopping for sling loops.  I came across a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm for $410. It could use a better rear sight, and I have an STI adjustable in my box-o-stuff.  It's 9+1.  Everything about it is pretty simple.  No frills, but could be pretty fun long term project.

What do yall' think?  Good idea?
View Quote

I don't have one but I definitely FO on that. Sounds like a great deal. Is it new or used? If used I would probably look it over pretty well
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If 10mm cost what .45 costs, most of my weapons would be in 10mm.  

I have owned both and currently shoot .45acp exclusively.  It adequately suits my purposes without raping my wallet.

With that being said, I think a 10mm is infinately superior as a woods gun.   Costs be damned.
View Quote

PPU hollow point 10mm is $18 a box of $50 on several sites like SG or AIM.........
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
10mm.

It's like a .45 for men.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]

lol mini nuke ftw
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shoot .45 Super in your 1911 .45 and the the 10mm quickly becomes a second best..

Try Buffalo Bore  .45 Super 255 grain Hard cast at 1075 FPS.

View Quote

This, all day long.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
.45 ACP - see Federal HST, Winchester Ranget-T, etc
View Quote

I buy 180gr 40 S&W PDX1 ammo, strip it, and load it into 10mm.

G20 has 16 rounds of nuclear tipped ammo at the ready.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You'll be a real billy-badass with that 10mm.

You better kill it with the FIRST hit.

becuz you'll never get a follow up shot with your muzzle pointing at the clouds.
View Quote

I have a 22# spring in my G20 on a steel guide rod.  My pistol doesn't recoil any more than any other hot 40 or especially 45.  In fact, compared to 45ACP, the shot is done and the pistol cycle complete with the sights right back on target ready for the next shot.  45ACP kind of hangs a little high so the second shot is a hair slower.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

lol mini nuke ftw
View All Quotes

That's why the Danes issue it for polar bear protection. The nukular fallout is much more deadly to polar bears given their sensitivity to global warming
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a 22# spring in my G20 on a steel guide rod.  My pistol doesn't recoil any more than any other hot 40 or especially 45.  In fact, compared to 45ACP, the shot is done and the pistol cycle complete with the sights right back on target ready for the next shot.  45ACP kind of hangs a little high so the second shot is a hair slower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You'll be a real billy-badass with that 10mm.

You better kill it with the FIRST hit.

becuz you'll never get a follow up shot with your muzzle pointing at the clouds.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Question for the Hive:

My nephew in law is for all intents and purposes, my son.  I took him in when his mother and step father became abusive and intolerable.  He stayed with us for several years, but when all was going well, he knocked up his girlfriend.  He pushed through it, graduated high school, and eventually went on to college.  He's about to graduate, top 10% of his class, and is going into the Army as a 2nd LT.  He doesn't know whether he'll be active or reserve.  I'll be attending his graduation next month.  

I really want to get him a nice graduation gift, but don't have the funds to get something REALLY nice.  He grew up liking the 1911, as that is mostly what I used.  Yesterday, he asked me about a 38 super 1911 for $1300 that he saw in a gun shop and I told him to walk away.  Today, I was looking at guns while shopping for sling loops.  I came across a Rock Island 1911 in 10mm for $410. It could use a better rear sight, and I have an STI adjustable in my box-o-stuff.  It's 9+1.  Everything about it is pretty simple.  No frills, but could be pretty fun long term project.

View Quote
RIA's makes great guns, and excellent "starter" 1911's.  they are jokingly refereed to as "RIA Spec" as sometimes "drop in" parts are not as drop in as others but they function better and hold up better than other brand 1911's that cost double or more.   RIA's pretty much are ALWAYS a good idea.  9, .38 super, .45 10mm all shoot and function well.

Why did you tell him to walk away from the .38 super 1911,  just the price?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

PPU hollow point 10mm is $18 a box of $50 on several sites like SG or AIM.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have owned both and currently shoot .45acp exclusively.  It adequately suits my purposes without raping my wallet.

With that being said, I think a 10mm is infinately superior as a woods gun.   Costs be damned.

that stuff is loaded like a good .40 S&W.
good ammo; just not loaded nearly to potential.

PPU 10mm
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
RIA's makes great guns, and excellent "starter" 1911's.  they are jokingly refereed to as "RIA Spec" as sometimes "drop in" parts are not as drop in as others but they function better and hold up better than other brand 1911's that cost double or more.   RIA's pretty much are ALWAYS a good idea.  9, .38 super, .45 10mm all shoot and function well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question for the Hive:

these are tempting...
RIA 10mm choices

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Man, that .40 super FNX is bad ass.  But I guess most people don't realize that .40 super is like a 10mm +P+.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Man, that .40 super FNX is bad ass.  But I guess most people don't realize that .40 super is like a 10mm +P+.
View Quote

Except...  it's not like that at all. It's a bottleneck cartridge based on .45 super. So it's functionally a wild cat of a wild cat of a production standard velocity round.  A comparable round to compare it to is it's more like a higher power .400 Corbon.

Of course if all you're doing is looking for a velocity dick measuring contest, 10mm magnum beats .40 super.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Whoa, 200grs at 1400fps for Underwood.  WOW.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually the parent brass is from 45 Winchester Magnum and you use small rifle primers to load... 50k psi

I haven't really even tapped the full potential with the new powders. Basically it duplicates 10mm out of a carbine...

By the way, no FTF with all 15 rds in the FNX if the bullets are loaded .005" shorter than original loadings recommended (Underwood does this). Can use original mag Springs, just need to upgrade the recoil spring to the #24 ISMI with cutout on back.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I don't have one but I definitely FO on that. Sounds like a great deal. Is it new or used? If used I would probably look it over pretty well
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Question for the Hive:

New.  I checked it out.  Fit was pretty damn good.  Finish was really dark, but seemed fairly sturdy.  Trigger, hammer, bushings, etc all seemed pretty basic.  I'm a diehard .45 acp fan, but have enormous respect for the 10mm.  When he asked about the .38 super, I remembered this thread and reread many of the posts.  Someone stated earlier that 10mm ammo was just a bit more expensive than .45acp (contrary to my beliefs) and it checked out,  Magazines seem to be a bit more, but are one time expenditures, not like ammo.  I just happened to run across this gun and thought I'd ask yall.  

Good replies so far.  I really like the versatility of 10mm.  I saw a youtube video of some dude dropping an elk with one.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That's nearly .40 at 1,100 fps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/10mm-auto-ammo/50-round-box-10mm-auto-180-grain-fmj-ammo-sellier-bellot-sb10a

No reason to buy a .40 or .45 again.

Nearly,  I can run my .40 faster than that.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:17:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/10mm-auto-ammo/50-round-box-10mm-auto-180-grain-fmj-ammo-sellier-bellot-sb10a

Didnt realize you need hot loads for plinking?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:21:51 AM EDT
[#23]
10mm has way more power.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

New.  I checked it out.  Fit was pretty damn good.  Finish was really dark, but seemed fairly sturdy.  Trigger, hammer, bushings, etc all seemed pretty basic.  I'm a diehard .45 acp fan, but have enormous respect for the 10mm.  When he asked about the .38 super, I remembered this thread and reread many of the posts.  Someone stated earlier that 10mm ammo was just a bit more expensive than .45acp (contrary to my beliefs) and it checked out,  Magazines seem to be a bit more, but are one time expenditures, not like ammo.  I just happened to run across this gun and thought I'd ask yall.  

Good replies so far.  I really like the versatility of 10mm.  I saw a youtube video of some dude dropping an elk with one.  
View Quote

As for the magazines being more expensive --

Plenty of us use magazines made for .45 in a 10mm.

I'm not so sure anyone makes a good 10mm mag. I believe the Chip McCormicks are the worst. This because the follower is a flat steel shelf that doesn't always follow. Wilson Combat 10mm mag is the second worst.

I believe the best mag made for the 10mm is the Wilson Combat 47C-HV. That mag has a longer than standard spring, but maybe more importantly it has a follower that I would describe as "convex", or you could say it looks like it has a round molded into the follower. Pricey, but you will get slide-lock on an empty mag every single time.

As for the 22# spring on a steel guide rod in a Glock mentioned above --

I like that too. For that, I like the BT guide rod because BT also sells a tool that makes that spring installation a breeze. 22 pounds on the standard Glock rod is easy enough. 22 pounds installed on most steel rods is not something you want to mess with; they can be almost impossible to install.

I like 22 pounds in both my G20sf and in my 1911.

Ammo? Underwood every time.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#25]
10 mm > 45 ACP

Sorry Moses
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure anyone makes a good 10mm mag. I believe the Chip McCormicks are the worst. This because the follower is a flat steel shelf that doesn't always follow. Wilson Combat 10mm mag is the second worst.

I believe the best mag made for the 10mm is the Wilson Combat 47C-HV. That mag has a longer than standard spring, but maybe more importantly it has a follower that I would describe as "convex", or you could say it looks like it has a round molded into the follower. Pricey, but you will get slide-lock on an empty mag every single time.

I like that too. For that, I like the BT guide rod because BT also sells a tool that makes that spring installation a breeze. 22 pounds on the standard Glock rod is easy enough. 22 pounds installed on most steel rods is not something you want to mess with; they can be almost impossible to install.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assume the Colt mags for the Delta Elite are GTG?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a 6" barrel and slide in my G20 and have a handload worked up so far to 1100fps with a 220 hard cast and no pressure signs...
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would imagine they ought to work. I'm pretty sure those Colt 10mm mags have a convex follower.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In this photo we note that penetration for all of the rounds is very similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But it's the nuclear part Bob
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
MAN WHO ARGUES ONE SHOT DEATH BY PROUD MILITARY CALIBERS IS FUCKING FOOL. I EXPLAIN WHY.

THIS MAN LOOKS FOR PISTOL TO HIDE ON PERSON TO SHOOT MAN FROM STREET WHO WOULD DO CRIME TO HIM. MAN WHO WOULD DO CRIME IS NOT LIKE BANZAI CHARGE OF JAPANESE INFANTRY. HE IS NOT IN "GROUND OF DEATH" FROM EPISTLE OF WISE SUN TZU. MAN WHO WOULD DO CRIME IS NOT FIGHTING FOR LIFE OR FREEDOM OF PEOPLE. HE FIGHT ONLY FOR THINGS, HE CAN GET SOMEWHERE ELSE FROM SOMEONE ELSE. THIS MAN DOES NOT FIGHT TO DEATH. THIS MAN FIGHT ONLY UNTIL IS CLEAR MAN WITH PISTOL RESISTS AND SO HE RUN AWAY.

PISTOL OF 9 MILLIMETERS OR CALIBER OF .45 IS GREAT SHOCKING HOLE IN BODY. IS GIANT SPOUT OF BLOOD AND PAIN OF MORTAL WOUND. MORE MEN DIE FROM BULLET OF THESE TWO CALIBERS THAN ALL OTHERS IN HISTORY OF WORLD.

I ADVISE AND YOU LISTEN. LAST TIME ARMY CARRY BAD PISTOL INTO COMBAT WAS NAMBU OF JAPANESE EMPIRE. SINCE THAT TIME MILLIONS OF MEN CARRY PISTOL OF 9 MILLIMETERS. IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM WITH STUPID GENEVA TREATY BALL BULLET. IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU WITH TEN ROUBLES PER CARTRIDGE HOLLOW NOSE BULLET AND FANCY BRASS OF NICKEL PLATING. YOU PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE, YOU CARRY MANY CARTRIDGE. WHEN MAN WAVES GUN AT YOU, FILL HIM WITH BULLETS FAST AND STRAIGHT. MORE HOLES IS BETTER THAN BIG HOLES. CARRY PISTOL WITH LARGE MAGAZINE AND MANY CARTRIDGE.

IN THIS WAY YOU DEFEAT CRIMINAL.

View Quote

Well said comrade??
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have a 6" barrel and slide in my G20 and have a handload worked up so far to 1100fps with a 220 hard cast and no pressure signs...
View Quote

What powder?  800X, Longshot, AA#9?

I can get the 200's over 1200 out of a 5.25" KKM barrel.  Looking for a load for the 220's.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Then again stopping power is not about penetration. A 22LR  LRN on that same gelatin will penetrate just as much.
And before anyone out there without a clue calls stopping power a lie/myth/etc, keep in mind that getting hit by a Mack truck has zero penetration but its still likely to kill you.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a huge difference between plinking shit like that and a Norma load to which 10mm was designed to be.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#34]
10mm Glock 20 (this is the best platform for this cartridge-until S&W resumes production of their 610 and 10XX models)
38 super & 45 acp (4.25" barrel+) 1911
9mm any plastic gun (best choice for urban ccw)

axe vs saw vs screw driver vs hammer - many tools, many jobs,  picking the right tool for the job goes a long way.

buy a tool box then fill it up with tools
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I can get the 200's over 1200 out of a 5.25" KKM barrel.  Looking for a load for the 220's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Work up to 8 gr of the Longshot. I have issues with keyholing from my 4.6" kkm barrel G29, but the 5.25" might get you there. Factory barrel has a tighter twist too, but the brass won't last as long.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
10mm Glock 20 40 (this is the best platform for this cartridge-until S&W resumes production of their 610 and 10XX models)
38 super & 45 acp (4.25" barrel+) 1911
9mm any plastic gun (best choice for urban ccw)

axe vs saw vs screw driver vs hammer - many tools, many jobs,  picking the right tool for the job goes a long way.

buy a tool box then fill it up with tools
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
10mm > 45acp.

10mm has more power at 100 yards than a 45acp has at the muzzle.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]
All schlong flapping aside - Are unsupported chambers still an issue in 10mm or have I spent too much time reading and not enough time practicing with hand-held shrapnel?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm sure this is an original thread so there is probably no reason to rehash it. But what round is better in a 1911 for CCW?
View Quote

Glock 29.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#41]

This is not relevant to this discussion, but .45 suppresses much better than 10mm.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#42]
No contest, go ten or go home and cry like a little baby.
Why is this even a question?
Just Google it and learn something.

Many wild hogs around here where I hike, I want the 10mm
As of now I have an 180 gr round, will be buying the Buffalo bore hard cast  200 gr round
My S&W 1006 will handle it just fine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#43]

I am looking to buy a FNX-45t and now I have to buy one of these barrels,dies,brass Damn it ....

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#44]
For plinking? Get whatever you want. 10mm has the cool factor, but .45 is slower and suppresses a lot better.

For CCW? 9mm is the obvious choice, ideally NOT in a 1911 platform.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#45]
G19 Glock

Am I the first?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm wanting the Remington 1911 10mm.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#47]
S&W 1076 FBI model; 10mm CCW perfected.

Why?

DA/SA.

And it is +1 over 10mm 1911 with flush-fit mags.

Also, if you run out of ammo, you can beat someone to death with it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
MAN WHO ARGUES ONE SHOT DEATH BY PROUD MILITARY CALIBERS IS FUCKING FOOL. I EXPLAIN WHY.

THIS MAN LOOKS FOR PISTOL TO HIDE ON PERSON TO SHOOT MAN FROM STREET WHO WOULD DO CRIME TO HIM. MAN WHO WOULD DO CRIME IS NOT LIKE BANZAI CHARGE OF JAPANESE INFANTRY. HE IS NOT IN "GROUND OF DEATH" FROM EPISTLE OF WISE SUN TZU. MAN WHO WOULD DO CRIME IS NOT FIGHTING FOR LIFE OR FREEDOM OF PEOPLE. HE FIGHT ONLY FOR THINGS, HE CAN GET SOMEWHERE ELSE FROM SOMEONE ELSE. THIS MAN DOES NOT FIGHT TO DEATH. THIS MAN FIGHT ONLY UNTIL IS CLEAR MAN WITH PISTOL RESISTS AND SO HE RUN AWAY.

PISTOL OF 9 MILLIMETERS OR CALIBER OF .45 IS GREAT SHOCKING HOLE IN BODY. IS GIANT SPOUT OF BLOOD AND PAIN OF MORTAL WOUND. MORE MEN DIE FROM BULLET OF THESE TWO CALIBERS THAN ALL OTHERS IN HISTORY OF WORLD.

I ADVISE AND YOU LISTEN. LAST TIME ARMY CARRY BAD PISTOL INTO COMBAT WAS NAMBU OF JAPANESE EMPIRE. SINCE THAT TIME MILLIONS OF MEN CARRY PISTOL OF 9 MILLIMETERS. IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM WITH STUPID GENEVA TREATY BALL BULLET. IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU WITH TEN ROUBLES PER CARTRIDGE HOLLOW NOSE BULLET AND FANCY BRASS OF NICKEL PLATING. YOU PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE, YOU CARRY MANY CARTRIDGE. WHEN MAN WAVES GUN AT YOU, FILL HIM WITH BULLETS FAST AND STRAIGHT. MORE HOLES IS BETTER THAN BIG HOLES. CARRY PISTOL WITH LARGE MAGAZINE AND MANY CARTRIDGE.

IN THIS WAY YOU DEFEAT CRIMINAL.

View Quote

DA COMRADE! I TRADE YOU THREE BOTTLE OF VODKA FOR TEN MILLIMETER GUN. I THROW IN SVETLANA TOO. SHE MAKE GOOD LOVE IN COLD MORNING.

DEAL?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#49]
460 Rowland > ...
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#50]
The reign of Ol' 45 has commenced. Choose proper caliber accordingly.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top