Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I never, not once, saw ice or ice cream bars at AT.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#2]
whats for dinner post pictures of each meal
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Here is eggs for 500.  We are only doing kitchen breakfast.  The other two meals are MREs. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
They came out of the chaplain’s cooler.  He may have just bought them himself.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
have you considered reclassing 92G?
View Quote
I didn’t even know what that was till I asked the PFC cook who just woke up.  She said “that’s us.”  I don’t like that there are only two of “us” in here...maybe they think I already am.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My last supply sergeant was a miracle worker at getting hot food and monsters to retrans and cpn teams.
View Quote
I know who is getting chow for the retrans sites and I’ve been doing my best go hook them up.  That’s probably the second worst duty out here.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
See kids, this is why you become a medic.  No KP duty.

(Or gaurd duty)
View Quote
Truth ??
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Had an additional duty as mess officer for an fsc once.
Cooking in a CK? That's a lot better than the mkt. Also, we did AMA when in the field. Yall doing field sanitation? That sucked too.

Do they leave the eggs in the bags and just boil the bags? You should have seen the look on their faces when I asked why we just use the griddle to heat up pots of water and not actually cook with... you'd think they'd have to clean something other than third pans.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here is eggs for 500.  We are only doing kitchen breakfast.  The other two meals are MREs. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74034/2FC35FA9-AEE5-4C16-8A66-62D7511181A5_jpeg-978601.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is eggs for 500.  We are only doing kitchen breakfast.  The other two meals are MREs. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/74034/2FC35FA9-AEE5-4C16-8A66-62D7511181A5_jpeg-978601.JPG
Wow, what are you cooks eating? Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs...or are you guys actually "in the field"

A couple of us fucked up in Iraq and ended up doing squadron KP for a week , and then a week of burning shit after one of the guys (4 of us) somehow threw his gas mask into the burning trash pit during pre lunch trash detail

Squadron ate a lot better than Troop/Co level did (most officers and E7 above ate there daily)
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
What, no G.I. grits and G.I. gravy?

I cleaned garbage cans and help some hog farmer by dumping the cans into his slop truck.  I learned that in El Paso, Texas  1982.

Do they still use the term "eating cheese"?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
And you call yourself a Scout

When I was NG in 89-90 we would coordinate food drops or steal MREs/cereal etc from the cooks when we did our AT at Bragg.

Since we had 113s/901s they were packed with chow and propane. PSG had to have his coffee ready right after stand to.

Heck a few nights the NCOs would sneak off to post at night and hit the NCO club, while one SGT and us joes guarded the tracks.

They would bring back soda for us while you could tell they had been drinking.

Our Scout PLT always had a good time
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Had an additional duty as mess officer for an fsc once.
Cooking in a CK? That's a lot better than the mkt. Also, we did AMA when in the field. Yall doing field sanitation? That sucked too.

Do they leave the eggs in the bags and just boil the bags? You should have seen the look on their faces when I asked why we just use the griddle to heat up pots of water and not actually cook with... you'd think they'd have to clean something other than third pans.
View Quote
We are cooking in the CK and doing field sanitation, luckily I’m not part of that detail.

The eggs are left in the basket and boiled, everything is boiled.  You nailed it on the 1/3 pan logic!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Wow, what are you cooks eating? Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs...or are you guys actually "in the field"

A couple of us fucked up in Iraq and ended up doing squadron KP for a week , and then a week of burning shit after one of the guys (4 of us) somehow threw his gas mask into the burning trash pit during pre lunch trash detail

Squadron ate a lot better than Troop/Co level did (most officers and E7 above ate there daily)
View Quote
They are eating the same stuff as us, we have been in the field for a week so far.  Glad there is no shit burning here, I saw that in Iraq in 05 but never had to do it!
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What, no G.I. grits and G.I. gravy?

Do they still use the term "eating cheese"?
View Quote
We made grits and one person took some, lots of gravy (I don’t like gravy).

I’m not familiar with that term.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#15]
So you say you cook about 500 meals per day?

Do you have any comically large kitchen appliances/bowls/etc?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not like the looks of those "eggs".
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Kp duty in the national guard? Wtf is even that. Surprised they didn't let you hang out in the head shep and do paperwork.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So you say you cook about 500 meals per day?

Do you have any comically large kitchen appliances/bowls/etc?
View Quote
It’s all prepared in basically huge mre type trays that are put in boiling water and then served.  We are feeding about 500 but it comes in a bunch of those trays.

Like the poster above said, the only things huge are the pots used to boil the water.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since you're a cook now can you make this cake?

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-24-2015/3jDOuS.gif
View Quote
More milk, please.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do not like the looks of those "eggs".
View Quote
They are actually Mountain House brand.  Once boiled for however long they say they look like eggs.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Kp duty in the national guard? Wtf is even that. Surprised they didn't let you hang out in the head shep and do paperwork.
View Quote
Yeah, I am a little too but what can you do?
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Profile Ranger, Profile Ranger where have you been?
Peeling potatoes, busting suds, and cleaning out ovens.

Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, even though this is my first profile ever I feel like a shitbag.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Take pride and do the best job that you can.  The Army needs all it's cogs to function as a cohesive unit.  Nothing wrong with working in a kitchen.  Doggies need to eat too.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Truth ??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(Or gaurd duty)
Truth ??
My nephew is/was an medic. They put him on a turret gun on convoys saying since he didn't have a job until people got hurt and that he would man a gun until such time as he had work to do.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At least you aren't P.L.O.
View Quote
Coming to post this
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(Or gaurd duty)
View Quote
1SG: "We need a NCO to observe urinalysis."

68W SGT: ...[/dies inside at the thought of how much penis he is about to see]...
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fuck. Those are the worst. I'd rather eat the cardboard from an MRE box.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

SNIP
View Quote
A friend was on the Forrestal. They didn't need sonar techs so he was a steward for the officers dining room. He ate well.

I did KP out of a kitchen trailer while volunteering in SC after hurricane Hugo in '89. The smell made me wish I was still cooking at Mc Donalds. Fuck powdered eggs. The locals appreciated it, though. Their shit was fuucked up.
The rest of the time the food was awesome...even in the field. USAF....flame away.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We are cooking in the CK and doing field sanitation, luckily I’m not part of that detail.

The eggs are left in the basket and boiled, everything is boiled.  You nailed it on the 1/3 pan logic!
View Quote
" They lined us up in front of a hundred yards of prime rib. All of us, you know, lined up and looking at it. Magnificent meat! Really! Beautifully marbled... magnifique! Next thing, they're throwing the meat into these big cauldrons. All of it, boiling it. I looked inside, man, and it was turning gray. I couldn't fuckin' believe that one!"
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Have you started throwing rocks for entertainment yet?  If not, are you even infantry?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP wins most cryptic, acronym-ridden title, at least for non-military Arfcommers.
View Quote
I knew what KP meant because of the Beetle Bailey cartoons I read as a kid
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I know who is getting chow for the retrans sites and I’ve been doing my best go hook them up.  That’s probably the second worst duty out here.
View Quote
As a 31 series back in the early 2000's, I was constantly on retrans.  "Cpl Monadnock, take Pvt Williams with you, the Humvee, and a few antennas and set up a retrans site.  Don't let Opfor find you damnit, and if they do, Z out the fucking radios"

I liked setting up retrans stations right on the edge of the artillery live fire zones, no one thought to look there, so we'd go for a couple weeks without being found.  Hard to do at YTC or NTC though, easier with all the trees at JRTC. Opfor still found me, but it wasn't until the very end of the exercise, so it mattered little.  They "captured me" after I already Z'd the radios and made me drive them around in the Humvee.  They fed me coke and candy bars.  Worst opfor captors ever.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:02:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Like the title says, I buggered my knee and need surgery.  Because of this I can’t do any of the 11B things the guys are doing so I’m stuck in the camp kitchen with 6 cooks and a couple of other broke or hot pisser infantry guys who are stuck washing dishes all day.

My first time in the kitchen, anything you have ever wanted to know?

Right now the cooks wanted to take a nap after breakfast so I since breakfast I have almost completed the entire days work while they slept, I was a pog in the USMC but this takes it to a whole new level! One week down, two weeks to go.
View Quote
Field KP sucks ass. (Former 11B)

Fuck cooks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Well heck this took a turn for the worse.

Severe stomach and pack pains all day, 5 hours at the medics waiting for a ride, some pain meds, now I’m at the local hospital getting cat scans for kidney stones.  I’ve broken bones before that didn’t hurt as bad as this.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Severe stomach and pack pains all day, 5 hours at the medics waiting for a ride, some pain meds, now I’m at the local hospital getting cat scans for kidney stones.  I’ve broken bones before that didn’t hurt as bad as this.
View Quote
You ate the eggs, didn't you?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Severe stomach and pack pains all day, 5 hours at the medics waiting for a ride, some pain meds, now I'm at the local hospital getting cat scans for kidney stones.  I've broken bones before that didn't hurt as bad as this.
View Quote
 Kidney stones suck major ass, good luck.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:53:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am, you here too?
View Quote
Haha, you got the 161st weenie....God I'm glad I'm retired..atleast you got to skip the Stryker retardation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:58:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Apparently it’s “only” a 2mm stone that has made its way through my kidney and into the bladder.  That was good enough for the ER doc and I’m headed back to the field.  Fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trust me when I say this .the S6 guys running retrans are douchebags... especially their LT...fuckem.. :)
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 2:16:14 AM EDT
[#42]
I served in the 161.  There were good times, there were bad times.  I'm glad I'm out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 2:16:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Apparently it’s “only” a 2mm stone that has made its way through my kidney and into the bladder.  That was good enough for the ER doc and I’m headed back to the field.  Fantastic.
View Quote
That sounds horrible.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 3:09:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Do you shit on shingles?
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did they give you a strainer?

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 6:49:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah I don't want to pass that.

F stones
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Ugh. I havent had KP in like 10 years and it still makes me angry.

In Iraq we had cycles of 6 days of missions, then 3 days of camp guard.  Seems pretty good until you do missions for 6 days straight with little sleep, then guard rotations are 3 on 3 off for the entire 3 days, and then you are also put on KP and details.  Repeat for 15 months.

KP was pretty much 12 hours of nonstop manual labor hauling water or cleaning shit while getting talked down to by some E3 cook sitting on his ass. In our minds it was the worst thing that could happen to you over there and we were getting in firefights and getting trucks blown out from under us on the regular.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Apparently it's "only" a 2mm stone that has made its way through my kidney and into the bladder.  That was good enough for the ER doc and I'm headed back to the field.  Fantastic.
View Quote
Pussy. I had a 10mm a couple weeks ago. Take some motrin, drink water, and change your socks. You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#49]
From 11B to 11BD.  

Get well soon!
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I reported to 1/34 armor, 1ID in 1992.  There was a E4 in the arms room who had a profile, always wore tennis shoes.

After about 6 months of being there we were drawing weapons one day and I said "You must have a helluva profile youve been wearing those tennis shoes since I got here."

The E7 who was in charge of the arms room was also  Vietnam Marine Corps vet said "Twardy show him why you got that profile." Twardy pulled up his BDU pantleg and his calf looked like a pork chop.

Turns out Twardy and another guy named Scott were standing up on the seats in the back of HQ232 watching the flanks as they were advancing into Kuwait during Desert Storm. One of the battalions tanks mis identified their Bradly and sent a sabot through the track. Scott had his heel blown off from what I  learned later.
Page / 3
Top Top