Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw Wrestlemania III on CCTV at The Orange Show in San Bernardino.  Won the tickets on the radio and figured I would go check it out.  I was amazed how the fans there were jumping up and down and counting "1, 2, aaaaahhh" and just generally going crazy as if they were actually at the event.  It ended up being a good time and glad I went, but never went to another one.

I remember watching wrestling on TV in 1972-1972 with my foster parents, who were big fans.  There was one event where someone ended up hitting someone else in the neck with a cane or club and the guy who got hit start spurting out all this blood from his mouth or nose.  I remember being horrified by that as I was only 12 years old at the time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only animal and hawk
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Skywarp2203

The Road Warriors were fun to watch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/IMG_3745_jpeg-3126183.JPG

How many different guys were "The Road Warriors" over the years? I remember one of the guys getting hurt then it seemed like there were a number of them that rotated in and out.  I guess when you wear face paint and a costume you can get away with that.

Only animal and hawk

Maybe so, but I remember some physical differences in the guys performing. It's just more Kabuki theater I guess.  Sort of like the Lance Van Eric storyline back in the WCCW days.
https://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2023/december/the-ballad-of-lance-von-erich/

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:44:38 AM EDT
[#5]
"Ivan Putski...He eats an onion like you and me eat an apple, Vince."

- Pat Paterson
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:45:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Watched a shit ton of Georgia Championship Wrestling with Gordon Solie. Early Ric Flair, Freebirds, Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Ole & Arn, etc...

Good times.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watched a shit ton of Georgia Championship Wrestling with Gordon Solie. Early Ric Flair, Freebirds, Road Warriors, Dusty Rhodes, Ole & Arn, etc...

Good times.
View Quote

Abdullah the Butcher used to operate a restaurant in SW Atlanta.........I've talked to him a few times in the past.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Roddy Piper was doing an angle in the Los Angeles territory against the Guerrero's back in the 70's.  The Guerreros were practically gods out there (think Von Erichs in Texas).  Piper comes out with his bag pipes and says in honor of the Guerreros he's going to play the Mexican National Anthem....then proceeded to play La Cucaracha.
View Quote

That was nice of him
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 10:56:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Hi, I'm Lenny Magill!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Abdullah the Butcher used to operate a restaurant in SW Atlanta.........I've talked to him a few times in the past.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good times.

That's cool!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Haku was a legit badass.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#14]
The Coliseum at Richfield (Ohio)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#15]

All the wrestlers consider him the toughest and most scary.

He will bite off an ear or pop an eye out.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I was a Hillbilly Jim fan

I always liked the Von Erich Freebird rivalry too..  at least while there were Von Erichs still alive.   I think only one survived and went to the WWF if i remember correctly

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#17]
WWE 2K22 WWF Golden Era Show #163
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I remember trash talking with Jimmy “The Mouth of the South” during a match at the Richfield Coliseum. He was amazing and fun to banter with. He really could think fast and come up with a perfect zinger!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
More pics from the Coliseum at Richfield, Ohio

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:50:57 PM EDT
[#21]
You know, for all theatrics it was just good fun.

If you grew up in the 80's you were a Hulkamaniac.

They were real life superheros.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:53:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You know, for all theatrics it was just good fun.

If you grew up in the 80's you were a Hulkamaniac.

They were real life superheros.
View Quote
I never got into the Hogan thing.

I was a big fan of the Von Erichs and a Little Stinger.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Loved it in the 80s but grew out of it by middle school.  Had a good friend really into it still throughout the 90s and always had PPV parties so I was still exposed to it, and it was okay.  My daughter was into it for a few months, a few years back when she was like 7-8 but it really sucked.  

In the early 2000s I had a job where I saw Sabu regularly and kind of got to know him.  He wasn't living too far from me and one day I saw him walking home from the south side Meijer, so I swooped him up and gave him a quick ride home; that was the last time I ever saw him.  This was right before he broke his back I think.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top