Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Son came up to help yesterday.  Was supposed to pull tritoon out of the lake and put it in the driveway for the 300 hour service.  He got wrapped up in buffing the old wave runner so the tritoon is still on the lift.
Besides, I was still hurting from all the past few days work around the house.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Came in expecting boat ramp shenanigans.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bad day and not even in the water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxXELpD2U1w
View Quote

If only they had a device that would hold a boat on the trailer even if a car hit it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:53:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Missing being out on the water. It will be a few more weeks till I get the boat in. This weather is crap.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
What happened to the guy that wanted a name for his boat, he ever pick one?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's all good info. I just meant what board is a good one. Seems like there are so many sizes and designs.

I've got a 24' Yamaha, but no ballasts.  Daughter wants to just get pulled so not trying to surf.  

View Quote

Sorry, reading is fundamental

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Ishouldbuyaboat

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
All clean and ready to pull some tournaments

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/141584/IMG_1386_jpg-3194166.JPG
View Quote

Wow! That looks fantastic!  Such clean lines... hit it!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If only they had a device that would hold a boat on the trailer even if a car hit it.
View Quote

I take it that the owner didn't tie it down at the stern. I see that here all the freaking time.

Not like this guy.

Boat Drags Trailer Along for the Ride || ViralHog
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow! That looks fantastic!  Such clean lines... hit it!
View Quote
Thanks!

It's hard fitting women in it with only 2-3 spots available, especially the plus sized ones
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my big boat out last weekend, and again yesterday. Caught about 40 fish with a friend and his kiddos.

https://youtube.com/shorts/lKQKR9AuYbw?si=2hhRvT0IfLXyoMT1

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What ever happened to that big thread where the dude got a free houseboat and was fixing the outboard drive?

That thing was epic.
View Quote

@rno172

I think that was me...
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks!

It's hard fitting women in it with only 2-3 spots available, especially the plus sized ones
View Quote

Lol! Our 99' mastercraft technically holds 11. I have no earthly idea how I could seat 11. 6 maybe but that would be with no slalom skier.

What year, what package on thar Nautique?

Attachment Attached File

Here's our MC. Hull is great.  Has perfect pass. I'll repower her if the indmar grenades.

It's shocking what a new one costs!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Fun boating season starts in a couple of weeks....if it ever warms up

Real boating season starts in September

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol! Our 99' mastercraft technically holds 11. I have no earthly idea how I could seat 11. 6 maybe but that would be with no slalom skier.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211389/1000006710_jpg-3194361.JPG

Here's our MC. Hull is great.  Has perfect pass. I'll repower her if the indmar grenades.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/211389/1000006710_jpg-3194361.JPG

It's a 2024 Ski 200 with just about every option except the tower and the bigger 6.2L V8 which is a $10k option
Trailer and all was $114k, yes it's very crazy what boat prices have done along with everything else. I wouldn't have bought it but I have a new addiction to slalom skiing and there are 2 competition lakes 5min from my house. We also have a lake house on the TN river 1.5hours away as well. So boating is a big part of our lives.

My dad was a Mastercraft guy through and through until about 1996 he switched to Nautiques. One of my buddies has a fully restored 1981 Prostar and it's still fun to ski behind it but you got to know how to drive on those things!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Jack Browns Seaplane Base in the background... watching regular planes take off overhead... wife and daughter fishing off the back...

Attachment Attached File

One of the canals...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:07:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@rno172

I think that was me...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What ever happened to that big thread where the dude got a free houseboat and was fixing the outboard drive?

That thing was epic.

@rno172

I think that was me...

I was living vicariously through you. Did you ever get it running?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:00:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's a 2024 Ski 200 with just about every option except the tower and the bigger 6.2L V8 which is a $10k option
Trailer and all was $114k, yes it's very crazy what boat prices have done along with everything else. I wouldn't have bought it but I have a new addiction to slalom skiing and there are 2 competition lakes 5min from my house. We also have a lake house on the TN river 1.5hours away as well. So boating is a big part of our lives.

My dad was a Mastercraft guy through and through until about 1996 he switched to Nautiques. One of my buddies has a fully restored 1981 Prostar and it's still fun to ski behind it but you got to know how to drive on those things!
View Quote

Great addiction to have! Second best way to start a day!

I'm certainly not a good enough skiier to argue the finer points of a brand new ski boat. You made an excellent choice.

I wouldn't be able to justify the engine upgrade and agree with the tower delete.  I don't board but I get the allure.

Did you go with the ZR4?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#21]

I bet you have no trouble getting those dogs in the truck during bird season.

My folks second to last lab was the smartest dog I've ever met.

One summer day when she was about 10, she disappeared. Had my dad nearly in tears thinking someone took her. We searched everywhere until the neighbors daughter hollered 'there she is, having a swim'

She'd swam across the short side of the lake to a birthday party for cake and hotdogs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#22]

Sir, that's a hovercraft. We are talking about boats here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I used my little boat (Gheenoe LT25) all winter.  Mostly camping/fishing in the Everglades.
Took the “big” boat (restored Mako 21) 35 miles offshore last Sun and had some hydraulic steering issues.
Due to the system being 20 years old, I’m not interested in trying to fix it so I have all new components on the way.
Seastar steering in 2004 = $749.  Today = $1,560 for same parts
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Greetings from Key West!  It is boating season heaven down here.  

I did get a little tired of being at the helm after a few days of running the boat across the gulf of Mexico so decided to take the seaplane to Dry Tortugas for a day. I don't know if that counts as boating?  

I hope to see many of you on our east coast trip this summer!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Greetings from Key West!  It is boating season heaven down here.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4267/IMG_0114-3191188.jpg

I did get a little tired of being at the helm after a few days of running the boat across the gulf of Mexico so decided to take the seaplane to Dry Tortugas for a day. I don't know if that counts as boating?  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4267/IMG_8514-3193477.jpg

I hope to see many of you on our east coast trip this summer!
View Quote

BF, you're an all time great arfcommer.  Love the seaplane pic. How deep is that water?

Can't wait for your next Skyline posts in team.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#26]
That seaplane pic is pretty incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Great addiction to have! Second best way to start a day!

I'm certainly not a good enough skiier to argue the finer points of a brand new ski boat. You made an excellent choice.

I wouldn't be able to justify the engine upgrade and agree with the tower delete.  I don't board but I get the allure.

Did you go with the ZR4?
View Quote
Yeah, ZR4 because it's tried and true. I still sometimes wonder about the new DI engines and gunky valve build up over time...

The hull, motor, and Zero Off really hasn't changed since around 2012, so buying new isn't really ideal for most but the resale on these boats is about like a Toyota Tacoma. So I just got exactly what I wanted for about 10-15% more $$$ over a used one.

I'm just frustrated with how long it takes to get good a slalom. I'm 4-5 months in and at 30mph/-15 off. The first 2 months were just trying to get up and around all 6 buoys at 26mph. My coach said it will take 4-5 years to really perfect the form before running 32 or 35 off... if ever
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They're great boats if you don't mind going deaf and being unable to handle at low speeds.

JK, they're actually really good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of Yamahas on here!

They're great boats if you don't mind going deaf and being unable to handle at low speeds.

JK, they're actually really good.

My brother has a Limited 242S. It’s about 10 years old. It was fairly loud. First offseason we put some Dynamat in the engine compartment to help quiet it down a little. Seemed to help a bit. Took a little of the higher pitched whine away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#30]
We're at Eleuthera now. It's bumpy but we're catching fish
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Hell yeah!

That's a nice one
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

BF, you're an all time great arfcommer.  Love the seaplane pic. How deep is that water?

Can't wait for your next Skyline posts in team.
View Quote

Thank you sir!  We were just west of the Marquesas on the sand flats at that point where the water was 10' to 15' deep.  The sand moves constantly, and we saw a good number of sawfish, dolphins, sharks and turtles.  It was a really great day to fly right seat.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Wow!  That's beautiful.  

Weather is going to be awful for the next week.  I hope you plan to stay where you're at!  Are you at Romora or Valentines?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wow!  That's beautiful.  

Weather is going to be awful for the next week.  I hope you plan to stay where you're at!  Are you at Romora or Valentines?
View Quote

We're at Davis harbor. Fishing the bridge right now. Headed back to fort Pierce on Sunday.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Attachment Attached File

Got my old heap de-winterized last weekend. Looking forward to chasing catfish in Lake Erie in the next couple of months!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#36]

And some Wahoo
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#37]

That’s what I want my very near future to look like. I already have the land, dock and lift. Just need to build the house and buy a new to me World Cat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That’s what I want my very near future to look like. I already have the land, dock and lift. Just need to build the house and buy a new to me World Cat.
View Quote

What model?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What model?
View Quote

280CCX. I’ve got a while before that happens though. Just barely getting started with the house. That will probably take 1-2 years to get done and comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Depends on definition of boating season. Heavy bass fishing season kicks off around February here on the largest lake in TX and the multitude of other area lakes, but people just out on the lake dicking around and skiing and such is about to now that it is getting to 80f every day. Won't be long they will be wishing it was only 80.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Came in expecting boat ramp shenanigans.
View Quote

good kid that lives across the canal and this ramp is half a mile from our docks
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

280CCX. I’ve got a while before that happens though. Just barely getting started with the house. That will probably take 1-2 years to get done and comfortable.
View Quote

We do a Worldcat get together in Okracoke every August if that’s something you would like to check out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yesterday. Currently in Naples FL. Should be in Key West by Thursday night. I remembered to put the bilge plug in this time!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4267/IMG_9398-3188079.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/4267/IMG_9402-3188077.jpg
View Quote

Shake down the boat for babnanas
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We do a Worldcat get together in Okracoke every August if that’s something you would like to check out.
View Quote

That would be pretty cool. We’ll be about half way down to Ocracoke the week of the 12th.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#45]

That guy could eat the last dolphin I caught in 2 bites.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:15:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That guy could eat the last dolphin I caught in 2 bites.
View Quote

He was a nice fish for sure. 62lbs on the marina scale that was last calibrated before I was born  hahaha
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Another beautiful day on the water even if the winds made it shitty for the fishing crowd.

Attachment Attached File

I live quiet mornings. The bro country vs rap battles get old.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#48]
This was last year. If you don’t stop me I will do it again!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

I set a record today for fewest beers consumed on a boat trip. My girl is trying to make a conscious effort to improve her state and that includes not drinking. So instead of us putting down a 12 pack I only had two.

Tonight might be playing catchup.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Sitting in Eleuthera now, headed back to Florida in the morning. The fishing has been great, but it's going to be a long bumpy ride tomorrow.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top