Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I love that the ridgeline is about to be the best looking “truck” on the road lol.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did the haters read the article?

These are renders from forum members who read a thing from one of Toyota's suppliers.  This isn't even close to anything official.

Remember how the Bronco had about 87,000 clickbait "renders" before Ford showed us even a teaser?  It's like that.
View Quote

No time for that!

We've got knee-jerk reactions to post!
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
why does it look like it's squatting?
View Quote

Taking a piss maybe?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Don’t like that or the new Tundra.
The new 4runner renders are where it’s at and what they should base everything off of.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kBtu15MrH2Y/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

Wowweee, can you say “we’d like a piece of that sweet, sweet Grand Wagoneer action”?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Insert obligatory comment about Toyota's payload ratings here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Edit made to title after 2 pages of GD comments

2024 Toyota Tacoma looks great in these renders, will get new BEV variant

Toyota has had a habit of leaving its trucks and SUVs on sale well beyond the point that they’re considered aging. The Sequoia and Tundra just got full updates after more than a decade without a significant change. That leaves the 4Runner and Tacoma in the Toyota senior center, but we’re now seeing the automaker’s plans for the Taco. A recent post on the Tacoma4G forum shares some details from a Toyota Tier 1 supplier. The supplier notes that there will be a new electric variant of the Tacoma, along with a sharp new design. The forum knocked up renders to accompany the post, and if they’re close to the real thing, the new Taco looks great.

The renders show an updated Tacoma that shares much of its exterior styling with the larger and more expensive Tundra, which was all-new for 2022. It’s missing the handlebar mustache look of the Tundra’s front end, but the boxy wheel arches, upright grille, and angular styling translate well to the smaller shape. Gas-powered models get an open grille, while the EV variant comes with a closed grille.

The Tacoma name is shown stamped into the tailgate, just like it is on the Tundra. The taillight design is nearly identical to the shapes seen on the new Tundra as well. Remember, though, that these are just renders and are not official from Toyota. We could see slight changes between now and the final delivery date.

Toyota is expected to add an electric variant to the Tacoma lineup for the first time with the next-gen trucks. Last year, the automaker showed off a slew of EV prototypes, one of which was strikingly similar to a Tacoma in size and style, so there’s no doubt we’ll see some form of electrification in the new truck.

The forum post says its sources confirmed that Toyota delayed production of the truck by around four months. The process was initially due to begin in August 2023, but the automaker is now looking at December 2023 for production. Dealers should start receiving inventory in early 2024.

When it finally arrives, the Tacoma will have a healthy bit of competition. The Rivian R1T recently hit the streets, and though it’s more expensive than the Tacoma is likely to be, it’s an incredible vehicle. Ford recently applied for trademarks on the Ranger Lightning and Maverick Lightning names, so we’re likely to see those trucks on sale around the same time.

Yahoo Autos

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco_PNG-2454179.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco2_PNG-2454182.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco3_PNG-2454184.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco4_PNG-2454186.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco5_PNG-2454194.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187445/Taco6_PNG-2454197.JPG

View Quote

Looks like a Transformers toy.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate the wheel wells.  Otherwise, not terrible.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#9]
1st Gen taco is best taco.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Slim back seat?
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like shit.

I dont get, and never will get the GD fascination with Toyota.
I rented a '22 4-Runner in Nashville and it was a gawd-awful piece of shit.
Underpowered as fuck, noisy, and a real slick 1990's interior.

Fuck Toyota, hard in the balloon knot.
View Quote

The 4Runner is the most proven and reliable 4x4 on the market today. That's an important detail, especially at a time when there's a shortage of both parts and labor to service vehicles.  

I'm not sure what your complaints about the interior are. Most tech wants/needs are met by Apple Car Play and Android Auto, the materials are appropriate for the budget and the segment, and the fit and finish is pretty good.

The 4Runner can also outrun the flow of traffic in almost all scenarios without breaking 3k RPMs or so, and it's not a race car, so I'm not sure what you're bitching about there, either.

Quoted:
I borrowed a Tundra to pick up a 32 ford. Not a heavy car, but that truck could barely pull it. Piece of shit trans in the thing. Grossly under powered.

Would not buy as a truck that needs to do truck things.

Picked up a 1936 GMC Bobber truck with an f-150 (8 years older model, to boot). No issues.
View Quote

Tell us more about how a V8 with 381 hp and 401 lb-ft of torque is "underpowered." lol

The Tundra deserves criticism for its frame and suspension, but the engines have been quite good outside of the turbo issues on the new ones.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#12]
As a Toyota fanboy. Toyota is pushing me away with their newer designs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like a plastic city truck - oh well, I guess city people will love it, but I have no desire to off-road with that much plastic.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Did the haters read the article?

These are renders from forum members who read a thing from one of Toyota's suppliers.  This isn't even close to anything official.

Remember how the Bronco had about 87,000 clickbait "renders" before Ford showed us even a teaser?  It's like that.
View Quote
I could tell just by looking at the damn logo on the images lol. GD can't read thought because this happens pretty regularly here.
Link Posted: 7/16/2022 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As a Toyota fanboy. Toyota is pushing me away with their newer designs.
View Quote
Long time Toyota fan. I bought a new Frontier in January and love it.

I'm sure these Tacomas will look awesome in person and modded. But initial renders are pretty fugly.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top