BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Very interesting thread with the sole disappointment of not getting to see the '13er with 3 guns going against one guy with 1 gun and 2 magazines for total time.  I was looking forward to seeing that.

I usually carry a 9mm myself.  Speer Gold Dot 124 +P for me.

I'd be happy just to see if he posts pics of his "guns".
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 12:08:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't stand to go through that entire video but a few serious things.

First of all, I carry, usually, a .45 but whether .45 or 9 mm, I was trained to always carry two spare mags.

Secondly, if society goes down the tubes, the two most available calibers will be .22 and 9 mm. There's just so much of it in the system.

It's just good thinking.
________________________________________________________________________________________
("Hey, when everyone is out to get you, paranoia is just good thinking."--Fever, (w,stte), "WKRP")
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#3]
In regards to the recoil difference with 9mm loads I shoot both 124 fmj and 147 fmj and cannot tell a difference between the recoil of the two.  I purchased the 147 grain to use when I use my Osprey but I have shot it in a magazine loaded with both weights specifically to see if I could feel a difference in recoil.  I didn't notice any.      
     As far as point of impact difference you will likely not notice much but shoot both your carry load and then your practice load and see where they hit on paper.  If they both hit very close to one another then you don't have an issue and can save money shooting ball ammo for practice and getting some good hollowpoints for defensive use.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In regards to the recoil difference with 9mm loads I shoot both 124 fmj and 147 fmj and cannot tell a difference between the recoil of the two.  I purchased the 147 grain to use when I use my Osprey but I have shot it in a magazine loaded with both weights specifically to see if I could feel a difference in recoil.  I didn't notice any.      
     As far as point of impact difference you will likely not notice much but shoot both your carry load and then your practice load and see where they hit on paper.  If they both hit very close to one another then you don't have an issue and can save money shooting ball ammo for practice and getting some good hollowpoints for defensive use.

A difference in recoil was my only concern.  Honestly, I can't wait to test this out.  All I need is for ammo to become available.  I'll be sending HP into paper and reloading my mags!    

We have a full blown gun conversation happening in GD.  I hope the information in the thread is valuable to lots of people.  Good stuff guys, thanks to all that provided insightful comments on the subject.    

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i carry a 1911 at 3 oclock, appendix a M&P shield (9mm), and a ruger LCP either in the pocket or with ankle holster.

yeah, thats right, all THREE

i dont carry extra mags, i figure if i run out of rounds with the 45, i just drop the gun and grab the m&p shield, and if i miss with that i reach down for the 380, which is either in my pocket or down by my ankle , depending on how i dress. my brother in law who is a cop makes fun of me for this, but i havent had a problem with it.
it works for me.

while you silly kids are debating what round is better, i carry 3 different types. I never have to reload, so you silly ''G19 with 2 spare mags''  can fumble around reloading while im puttling rounds ON TARGET.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:31:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just  like 9mm  best and it doesn't matter if it's the  P226 or 92F with 18 round mags,middle of the road 12 round S&W or the single stack 239,PPS or P7.Some days I'll carry an old Star BKS,just coz,or a G19 for the same reason.

If I really thought bigger was better I'd want an SO that weighs 210 rather than 110.

I was in full agreement until the last line.

I like my women built for comfort, not speed.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top