User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's true.  I've already started letting people down, I had surgery on my arm and the recovery is not going well.  I thought I was at least going to be good for a 3 mile hike at 6am this morning, but after being up nearly the entire night writhing in pain, I called it off.  I haven't slept in 3 weeks and I'm getting prety damn cranky...  I'm setting myself up for a warning in a few threads here I think, lol
View Quote
That sucks you couldn’t get out today and aren’t sleeping well.

BTW, I think we have us another guinea pig for the programming. He doesn’t lift or anything so he will be a good baseline for the untrained.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I can tell how excited you were to post this reply just by how beautifully laid out your response is. I bet you debated between using math and Algebra huh?

Anyway, I regret to inform you that my question regarding verification was in question to how we verify, with someone else, that we averaged 3mph throughout the hike, not how we verify to ourselves. As noted in my next reply, just 3 posts down from the first you read, I said " Got ya. So as far as the witnesses, do they have to do the hike with us or do they verify it via an app/smartwatch when we're done?"

I hope this post finds you in good spirits.
View Quote
Every ruck march I ever did in a training environment with a time standard was done in one of the following two ways:

1) The person responsible for certifying that the trainees met the time standard did the march with the trainees.

2) Graders waited at a finish line with a stop watch that was started at the beginning of the march.

The only times the second option was used were training events organized by a battalion sized element or larger. These groups will be small enough that the leader of the group should be responsible for knowing if you actually did 6 miles or not and if it actually took less than 2 hours from start to rally, or not, and he should know because he did it with you.

Could you have your witnesses chill at a finish line with a stop watch? I mean I guess. That's up to OP.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
@rockhard13F

Please update your OP to clarify hiking elevation gain standards corresponding to pace.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Based on the new op, I must have missed when Provisional rating got eliminated. When did that happen?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Based on the new op, I must have missed when Provisional rating got eliminated. When did that happen?
View Quote
You are looking at the wrong thread.  This was the original thread.  The Provisional rating was added in the guidelines thread.

Here.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You are looking at the wrong thread.  This was the original thread.  The Provisional rating was added in the guidelines thread.

Here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here.
D'oh!!  Sorry!
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
if there are two competing threads with different sets of standards, might want to request a lock on this one to avoid confusion like I had?  @Ben
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
if there are two competing threads with different sets of standards, might want to request a lock on this one to avoid confusion like I had?  @Ben
View Quote
Good call.

@GooseFucker

errr…

FatherBoo…

ah...

@DK-Prof

Lock this one up?
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not sure if I am flattered or offended!  :-)
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top