BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question, what does this really mean in the practical use of AR pistols?  Am I clear to shoulder my shockwave?  Does anybody know?
View Quote
Are you really worried that the ATF is going to bust you for shouldering your pistol brace?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
So does this mean you can put one on a Mossberg Shockwave?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Serious question, what does this really mean in the practical use of AR pistols?  Am I clear to shoulder my shockwave?  Does anybody know?
View Quote
only people who seem to give a shit are RSOs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I tried to get that on a vanity plate... assholes at the DMV denied it.
View Quote
It should be:

FTBATFE
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
MAC has been very cavalier on this lately.   Did he know something?  

I feel the influence, if not the direct touch of Pepe (MAGA) on this.  

They never give back freedom willingly once they take it from us.   This is unprecedented.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Clear as mud at this point.
View Quote
lol

Building a nice AR pistol was one of the dumbest firearm related decisions I have made.  Yes, I know I can shoulder it in the woods.  I want to be able to take it to competitions, classes, and maybe even use it for duty.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:12:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well damn
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you really worried that the ATF is going to bust you for shouldering your pistol brace?
View Quote
I work for an agency that is close to the ATF.  I can't afford to get busted for something like that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No one with FTATF yet?
Well. Try FDMV, then.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to worry. Theres plenty of dooshbag fucktards in the gun community to fuck this up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless there is a spy drone hovering overhead my property, i will do want i want
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MAC has been very cavalier on this lately.   Did he know something?  

I feel the influence, if not the direct touch of Pepe (MAGA) on this.  

They never give back freedom willingly once they take it from us.   This is unprecedented.
View Quote
Mac knew Trump got elected, and that the head of BATFE came out against the status quo. Other than that, I think he was willing to be the test case. But I can't help but wonder if Mac helped move the discussion along a lot quicker. Let's face it, BATFE would look like feckless idiots if they didn't prosecute Mac, or retract their embacilic open letter.

Shiiiit. You know what this means? I need to buy another friggin gun!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Time for some ATF memes!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks OP, that's a load off my shoulders.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I lament all those $200 SBR stamps...FBATFE - they've painted themselves into stupidity so many times.  I have 100 machine guns in my desk drawer after a trip to staples......
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
First off, FBATFE.
Second, no "Breaking" in the title? This place is slipping.
Finally, still holding steady on my "no fucks given" stance on shouldering a pistol. This was always chicken little bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:18:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good thing I never gave a shit in the first place
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't even find a physical  building for SB Tactical, it looks like they are using a UPS store for the address.

204 37TH AVENUE N. #212, SAINT PETERSBURG, FL
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Time for some ATF memes!
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:20:04 PM EDT
[#21]
THANKS TIM !!!!!!!!!!

GO MAC! GO!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Since when was it illegal to shoulder a brace when you intentionally built a pistol?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
That's good, until they change their mind again.   WTF kind of way is this for a federal agency to be run?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#24]
We want SBR'S not almost SBR'S .
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
More like ROs telling you you can't and getting pissy, not the mention the fucktard hall monitors at the range.

"You cayn't put that gun on yur shoulder--- its agaynst the ruuuules!!!"
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Were people actually caring what the BATFE jerk offs thought?
View Quote
Only the same Quislings that are 922R detectives in AK pic threads or faint at the sight of of a vertical grip of a pistol that's over 26".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:22:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Since when was it illegal to shoulder a brace when you intentionally built a pistol?
View Quote
Since Muriga!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Given the NFA wait time, I imagine this will please many. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:23:52 PM EDT
[#29]
If that is so then what's the damn difference if it's a brace or a regular stock?

Thay are making the case that their own laws are completely arbitrary with no basis of reasoning.

The addition a removal of two inches of barrel somehow makes a firearm more deadly and is therefore illegal.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
You always have been able to shoulder the brace...

Unless you built the thing with the idea that you can skirt the sbr law.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I literally have zero fuck to give about what they think.
View Quote
That could change, um, "situationally".
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#32]
The whole short barreled rifle thing is ridiculous on its face in the first place when you can legally carry a more easily concealable handgun.

That's what you get when an executive branch agency plays at legislator for more than 80 years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:28:02 PM EDT
[#33]
i wonder if the ATF letter applies to the shockwave brace

you know

the one that costs like 1/3 of this and makes sense
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Still FATF, but tax free SBRs and all the letters the FATF can handle until Trump is out of office!
View Quote
it is not a tax free SBR, guess what avoiding the NFA is illegal...and people asking stupid ass questions about this are the reason they wrote the first letter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lol

Building a nice AR pistol was one of the dumbest firearm related decisions I have made.  Yes, I know I can shoulder it in the woods.  I want to be able to take it to competitions, classes, and maybe even use it for duty.
View Quote

What kind of department  do you work for that would both allow you to use a personally owned AR pistol but then charge you for shouldering the thing?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link to the actual letter from BATFE?

I trust nothing until I see that.
View Quote
I've seen the actual letter, this is real. It's a very good thing.
Plus it should stimulate sales in industry as well among short barrels and parts for builders
and uppers with short barrels for pistols.

I expect sales to pick up on pistol related items
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol, it's always been legal. ATF does not make law and can't even interpret in a completely asinine way like "putting something to your shoulder is manufacturing it!".

Non issue and always has been except for "gotcha" internet lawyers.  Same with overly broad interpretations of 922r.  "Oh noes, the ATF is going to come count the parts on my Saiga-12!!!!"
View Quote
LOL....I remember the days when we put up with the "922r Nazis"..... Now they are pretty much told to go and fuck themselves and MTOB.

If this "ruling" is GTG as to shouldering a brace maybe that guy that came up with a "plug" for the end of the Shockwave can start production.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Which part of ATF?  Not like ATF isn't known for disagreeing with ATF or anything.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:33:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clear as mud at this point.
lol

That is generally my take at this point as well. A tremendous load of bullshit considering the amount of time it takes to get a tax stamp.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Still FATF, but tax free SBRs and all the letters the FATF can handle until Trump is out of office!
View Quote
I'd rather pay the 200 tax and be able use a real stock instead of using a sub standard instrument just to be in spite of.

Oh wait, I did pay the tax. Repeatably. Will do so again. Repeatably.

Don't like the tax but until they take SBR's and cans off the NFA, that is the way it will be done for me because I don't cheap out out of spite when it can save my life being more optimal
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
i wonder if the ATF letter applies to the shockwave brace

you know

the one that costs like 1/3 of this and makes sense
View Quote
From what I was told........it does not.
There will be more info coming out in the days ahead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Mac on IG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Huh... The shockwave I have looks pretty damn uncomfortable as a stock, but its good this retardation as been suspended for now.
View Quote
Supposedly you can stick a CAA/MFT saddle or something similar on it to give it a better cheekweld. Not my photo.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Lol....good news.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Never understood the whole shoulder , don't shoulder BS. If I hold my S&W 686 revolver grip against my shoulder and pull the trigger have I reconstructed the grip into a stock? I think not.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd rather pay the 200 tax and be able use a real stock instead of using a sub standard instrument just to be in spite of.

Don't like the tax but until they take SBR's and cans off the NFA, that is the way it will be done for me because I don't cheap out out of spite when it can save my life being more optimal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two SBR MP5K PDWs and the truth is there is zero difference between the stock and the new sidefolding brace.......

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
No shit.

Come arrest me for touching a piece of plastic against my shoulder.

Im waiting...........
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top