Navy MA is where it's at
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
What a tool
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, as Websters defines Infantry as "soldiers who fight on foot", then, yes, technically they are Air Force Infantry.  They  are not Marine Infantry, they are not Army Infantry, but they may be called upon to defend a piece of real estate from fortified positions, or hasty positions just as any other soldier in the defense would.  Not too many troops getting stuck operating at bare bones bases these days, but back in the early days of the GWOT, quite a few of us did.  Ok, yeah, it is not too long before the tents go up and the A/C gets turned on, but the career field is still trained to operate in very austere locations, with minimal support from the other branches.  

Organic support includes 60mm mortar teams, .plus 50 Cals, Mk-19's, both mounted and dismounted, sniper teams, etc.  A typical deployed squad will have 3 M-203's, 2 M-249's, a 240 and an M-9, and M-4's, plus AT-4's, M-67's, and Claymores, (command fired only).  

There is training in basic ground combat skills such as patrolling, conducting ambushes, setting up a defensive perimeter, etc.  All of that comes from Army manuals, and the instructors are mostly Army.  And then, of course, they also encounter and learn from the reserve component which consists of older troops who just happened to spent their youth humping hills and chasing tail as Marine 0311's.  My unit had three jarheads, two grunts and an MP, as well as a bunch of Army guys, 11 Bravos and even a air defense troop.  

Dont be too hard on the kids, they just dont know the difference, and they are often parroting stuff they are told in tech school and at Camp Bulis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless he was CCT or PJ, he's a fucking dipshit.  If he's referring to Security Forces, he should be laughed at and ridiculed until he runs home crying.

This.

And they are nothing even fucking close to infantry.

Well, as Websters defines Infantry as "soldiers who fight on foot", then, yes, technically they are Air Force Infantry.  They  are not Marine Infantry, they are not Army Infantry, but they may be called upon to defend a piece of real estate from fortified positions, or hasty positions just as any other soldier in the defense would.  Not too many troops getting stuck operating at bare bones bases these days, but back in the early days of the GWOT, quite a few of us did.  Ok, yeah, it is not too long before the tents go up and the A/C gets turned on, but the career field is still trained to operate in very austere locations, with minimal support from the other branches.  

Organic support includes 60mm mortar teams, .plus 50 Cals, Mk-19's, both mounted and dismounted, sniper teams, etc.  A typical deployed squad will have 3 M-203's, 2 M-249's, a 240 and an M-9, and M-4's, plus AT-4's, M-67's, and Claymores, (command fired only).  

There is training in basic ground combat skills such as patrolling, conducting ambushes, setting up a defensive perimeter, etc.  All of that comes from Army manuals, and the instructors are mostly Army.  And then, of course, they also encounter and learn from the reserve component which consists of older troops who just happened to spent their youth humping hills and chasing tail as Marine 0311's.  My unit had three jarheads, two grunts and an MP, as well as a bunch of Army guys, 11 Bravos and even a air defense troop.  

Dont be too hard on the kids, they just dont know the difference, and they are often parroting stuff they are told in tech school and at Camp Bulis.

I mean, they can rename it "infantry" then we could all talk about how shitty AF infantry is.  

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
AF SF are pussies....

Navy MA is where it's at
View Quote

There is one beautiful moment where the other branches stop making fun of us and all dogpile on the zoomies. That moment occurs when the phrase "Air Force Infantry" is uttered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
how does one get into officer corps in USAF CC/PJ?

Just wondering as my son thinks he wants to be a CC and Im whipping up a PT program for him to be able to beat the PAST.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know about a dozen CCTs who are nothing short of BAMFs that earned the respect of US Army SF.

All but one was a quiet professional.
View Quote

I have a friend on this site who is a retired one. Great guy
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This got real

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was a security police at a sac nuke base we were far from " mall cops" I was 5'10 benched 340lbs and was a m-60 gunner and a 203 gunner , if you called me or any other sp a mall cop you would have got the crap beat out of you ...., just saying

This got real

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I'm so scared now!  I'm fucking trembling!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]
There is an Airborne AF Security Force unit. The 820th Base Defense Group. They send guys to Ranger School too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Or a CC or CW?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He was a PJ?

Or a CC or CW?

TACP?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

There is one beautiful moment where the other branches stop making fun of us and all dogpile on the zoomies. That moment occurs when the phrase "Air Force Infantry" is uttered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AF SF are pussies....

Navy MA is where it's at

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread is not to disparage AF Security Forces.  Rather, to simply laugh at a guy who reminds me of:

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There is an Airborne AF Security Force unit. The 820th Base Defense Group. They send guys to Ranger School too.
View Quote

I recall a TSgt in our Sqn who was authorized to wear the Ranger tab.  I believe the guy was a Marine Vet from the Vietnam era too.  I guess I have now dated myself as an official "Old Guy".
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just wondering as my son thinks he wants to be a CC and Im whipping up a PT program for him to be able to beat the PAST.
View Quote

You can google the requirements or ask a recruiter. The requirements are no joke and seriously, if you test into the program the minimum requirements should be a joke to the applicant to complete the full program. It is a very tough program and no fucking joke.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

About 90 percent of the guys I served with that were in the 820th were absolutely no different than any other Security Forces troop other than they had a much higher deployment tempo.  In fact, I saw a fairly high percentage of fucking douchebag window lickers from the 820th. Not all, of course, as some were fucking great dudes.  But there sure were a lot of fuck ups.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
AF SF are pussies....

Navy MA is where it's at

You know, I dealt with the AF regularly in Afghanistan from the supply drops (shit), bomb drops (shit), transport flights (mixed bag....of shit), to the single Air Persons consuming more MWR than an infantry regiment...I only ever spoke to 3 sailors in the entire time I was in the army.  Honestly, besides the Navy customs fucks who were probably carrying out the orders of some Army turd burglar with more stars than brains, the Navy guys I met were all good people...and I'm predisposed to like the AF, my mother and father were both air people.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

About 90 percent of the guys I served with that were in the 820th were absolutely no different than any other Security Forces troop other than they had a much higher deployment tempo.  In fact, I saw a fairly high percentage of fucking douchebag window lickers from the 820th. Not all, of course, as some were fucking great dudes.  But there sure were a lot of fuck ups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup!  Can you name the shittiest BX in the Airforce?  Yeah Moody AFB.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, compared to United States Marine Infantry, or ya know, that Army kind, Air Force "Infantry:" is fuckin retarded.  Still and all, they are a hell of a lot more "Infantry" than the Iraqi kind.  

As I said, a lot of this goes back to tech school and Camp Bullis where they go for field training, conducted by Army instructors, teaching from Army manuals.  

Fortunately, I did not have to go through that shit, my unit decided that they were not going to teach me a damn thing in 4 weeks that I did not know from 9 years in the Corps.  I heard some pretty stupid shit from some of the other folks that went through.  

Also, some of the attitude, unfortunately now being washed away, comes from the old SAC days under Curtis Lemay who wanted his Air Police troops to be steely eyed killers, because he just knew the Russians had thousands of sappers just waiting to attack our nuclear forces.  Not too many Generals like him around anymore and the career field is taking some hits because of it.  The pride of being the only thing that really stands between the USAF and defeat is being lost.  Lets face it, no one challenges us in the air,  so if you really wanted to hurt the Air Force, you need to hit it on the ground.  

The Cop career field is supposed to be the deterrent force, and take the job seriously, but that is being glossed over more and more.  The "Guns are Icky" crowd in the upper echelons of the Air Force is growing by leaps and bounds.  I think the Air Force would be happy do away with armed troops on its bases altogether.  It is gonna hurt bad when it bites them on the ass.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yep, compared to United States Marine Infantry, or ya know, that Army kind, Air Force "Infantry:" is fuckin retarded.  Still and all, they are a hell of a lot more "Infantry" than the Iraqi kind.  

As I said, a lot of this goes back to tech school and Camp Bullis where they go for field training, conducted by Army instructors, teaching from Army manuals.  

Fortunately, I did not have to go through that shit, my unit decided that they were not going to teach me a damn thing in 4 weeks that I did not know from 9 years in the Corps.  I heard some pretty stupid shit from some of the other folks that went through.  

Also, some of the attitude, unfortunately now being washed away, comes from the old SAC days under Curtis Lemay who wanted his Air Police troops to be steely eyed killers, because he just knew the Russians had thousands of sappers just waiting to attack our nuclear forces.  Not too many Generals like him around anymore and the career field is taking some hits because of it.  The pride of being the only thing that really stands between the USAF and defeat is being lost.  Lets face it, no one challenges us in the air,  so if you really wanted to hurt the Air Force, you need to hit it on the ground.  

The Cop career field is supposed to be the deterrent force, and take the job seriously, but that is being glossed over more and more.  The "Guns are Icky" crowd in the upper echelons of the Air Force is growing by leaps and bounds.  I think the Air Force would be happy do away with armed troops on its bases altogether.  It is gonna hurt bad when it bites them on the ass.
View Quote

The career fields need to be split again.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:46:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Let loose the zombie LeMay, and bring back SAC.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not fucking again. Just relabel Security Forces as Airforce Infantry and keep the police shit as such separate.  And mirror infantry training from the army for them. I've been out 16 years though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have to agree with this.  I was in during the SAC days and through the drawdown when it went to ACC.  SAC during the Cold War was a whole different ballgame.  We have heard things have changed completely since then....and mostly not for the better.  Like it was mentioned earlier in the post, I won't bash this career field for what they do, but I have grown tired of hearing folks embellish what they did while serving in it.  I admit I got to do some pretty cool stuff and saw some interesting things, but I wasn't Tier 1 by any means.  The "Stay in your lane" rule should apply here I think.  IMHO
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#23]
This must be a troll thread.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Not gonna happen in today's AF.  The AETC commander at Lackland just closed the Security Forces Museum and siezed all the assets (alot of them donated and the museum did not take a dime from the AF, surviving on donations only) "just because".  No fuckin reason.  

We dont even secure the gates to our own bases anymore, relying on contract security, which has caused a big drop in morale from what I have seen.  

This is gonna fuck us folks.  And it is gonna leave a big fuckin mark
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#25]
435th Security Forces had a combat jump during the invasion of Iraq. They parachuted in  with the Army 173rd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/435th_Security_Forces_Squadron
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
No, not fucking again. Just relabel Security Forces as Airforce Infantry and keep the police shit as such separate.  And mirror infantry training from the army for them. I've been out 16 years though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just merge the Air Force back into the Army.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have to agree with this.  I was in during the SAC days and through the drawdown when it went to ACC.  SAC during the Cold War was a whole different ballgame.  We have heard things have changed completely since then....and mostly not for the better.  Like it was mentioned earlier in the post, I won't bash this career field for what they do, but I have grown tired of hearing folks embellish what they did while serving in it.  I admit I got to do some pretty cool stuff and saw some interesting things, but I wasn't Tier 1 by any means.  The "Stay in your lane" rule should apply here I think.  IMHO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You never hear Marine Security Guards call themselves Infantry, or Marine Fleet Security Call themselves infantry.  They are generally quite respected for what they are, and for what they aren't.  Many Infantrymen want to be them,  Others don't.  You just never see the weird obsessive need for validation that shows up in every Air Force "SF" thread.  It's bizarre.

Then again, this is the same Air Force that called on Army Reserve cooks to guard their air bases for some time after September 11, 2001.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Not gonna happen in today's AF.  The AETC commander at Lackland just closed the Security Forces Museum and siezed all the assets (alot of them donated and the museum did not take a dime from the AF, surviving on donations only) "just because".  No fuckin reason.  

We dont even secure the gates to our own bases anymore, relying on contract security, which has caused a big drop in morale from what I have seen.  

View Quote

As an AF SAC brat I noticed that as well.  

Is it all contract? or DOD police?  Went to the museum at Barksdale AFB recently and it was like night and day compared to the 80's and 90's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:56:29 PM EDT
[#29]
The self licking ice cream cone has been achieved.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
435th Security Forces had a combat jump during the invasion of Iraq. They parachuted in  with the Army 173rd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/435th_Security_Forces_Squadron
View Quote

AF got mustard wings too. WAT???
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Then again, this is the same Air Force that called on Army Reserve cooks to guard their air bases for some time after September 11, 2001.
View Quote

My friend got to do that at RAF Lakenheath or Mildenhall (can't remember) in 2002-3.

He was an Ohio National Guard 13b FWIW.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Is it all contract? or DOD pollice?  Went to the museum at Barksdale AFB recently and it was like night and day compared to the 80's and 90's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it all contract? or DOD pollice?  Went to the museum at Barksdale AFB recently and it was like night and day compared to the 80's and 90's.

DAF guards, when I was stationed at Randolph they were slowly losing them.

That base used to have enough DAF guards to put them all on the gates and have the airmen patrol.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Easiest way?  In order, through the 1) AFA, 2) AF ROTC, and then 3) OTS.  Not all commissioning sources are given the same opportunities as others.  No matter the commissioning source, he needs a bachelors degree, successful completion of the PAST, and to volunteer for STO or CRO.  He will have an easier time if he attempts it earlier in life than later, but he needs to have the maturity in addition to the physical ability if he's going to be successful.  I would recommend he get a degree in something marketable and interesting so he has something to fall back on if he doesn't complete the pipeline.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#34]
You never hear Marine Security Guards call themselves Infantry, or Marine Fleet Security Call themselves infantry.  They are generally quite respected for what they are, and for what they aren't.  Many Infantrymen want to be them,  Others don't.  You just never see the weird obsessive need for validation that shows up in every Air Force "SF" thread.  It's bizarre.

Agreed,  This "Infantry" thing needs to be put to rest, but I think it was mentioned earlier that it goes back to a training thing and how the young folks entering the career are being indoctrinated.  Some of the same thing was going on back in 1988 when I first entered the career field.  I did it by choice too due to wanting to go into LE after.  It didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't doing much of anything related to LE at the time either.  But, looking back I'm glad I did it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless something has changed from my days in the Corps, Marine Security Guards and those on Barracks Duty all go through Infantry Training School and are all 03xx of some flavor.  I was a member of 1st Platoon, Guard Company, Marine Corps Security Forces, Marine Barracks, Guam, MI.  This was 86-87.  We secured the U.S. Naval Magazine at Agana, Guam, and every single one of the junior troops came straight from Infantry Training School at either Pendleton or LeJeune.  Our NCO's an Staff NCO's all came from Infantry units in the fleet.  

I do not know where you are getting your information from, but Marine Infantrymen do not tend to call themselves anything but grunts.  

Further, the Air Force Security Forces career field was an estimated 10,000 troops short in the days after 9/11 when we were trying to maintain  a ThreatCon Delta posture.  We were using flightline troops, mechanics, medical troops, anyone who could carry a rifle and follow orders, to assist in our manning.  Of course, most of the additional posts that got put in place were ridiculous positions, but everyone wanted to be seen as "doing something" to fight the hordes of terrorists everybody knew were just waiting to attack us.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Or an Airforce Ranger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SF as in special forces

or

SF as in Security Forces?

One is accurate by what he's saying, not saying he's military, but certain Security Forces jobs are much like infantry.

If he was claiming special forces....he's using the wrong terms:  the AF has combat controllers and para-rescue.

Or an Airforce Ranger.

Its a thing.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/473252/airman-ranger-completes-grueling-army-training-school.aspx

http://www.acc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123254789

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

or TACP, even though they are not technically SOF

plus I think the weather guys are considered SOF, no?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unless he was CCT or PJ, he's a fucking dipshit.  If he's referring to Security Forces, he should be laughed at and ridiculed until he runs home crying.

or TACP, even though they are not technically SOF

plus I think the weather guys are considered SOF, no?

TACP's are no joke along with the PJ's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
SF as in special forces

or

SF as in Security Forces?

One is accurate by what he's saying, not saying he's military, but certain Security Forces jobs are much like infantry.

If he was claiming special forces....he's using the wrong terms:  the AF has combat controllers and para-rescue.

Or an Airforce Ranger.

Its a thing.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/473252/airman-ranger-completes-grueling-army-training-school.aspx

http://www.acc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123254789

Ranger School graduate; not a Ranger.

Batboys were always quick to correct.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Further, the Air Force Security Forces career field was an estimated 10,000 troops short in the days after 9/11 when we were trying to maintain  a ThreatCon Delta posture.  We were using flightline troops, mechanics, medical troops, anyone who could carry a rifle and follow orders, to assist in our manning.  Of course, most of the additional posts that got put in place were ridiculous positions, but everyone wanted to be seen as "doing something" to fight the hordes of terrorists everybody knew were just waiting to attack us.

Hell, there was a MAJOR drawdown after GW1 too!  The AF was cross training folks out of SP/LE as fast as they could and/or cutting big checks for people to just get out.  That is the road I took and it was a good time to leave.  Btw, there were a ton of ANG SP Troops flown in to my base during GW1, but they were only used in limited positions due to not having the correct security clearances (Secret or TS).  None of these folks ever made it to the Missile Field or anywhere near the nukes.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Unless something has changed from my days in the Corps, Marine Security Guards and those on Barracks Duty all go through Infantry Training School and are all 03xx of some flavor.  I was a member of 1st Platoon, Guard Company, Marine Corps Security Forces, Marine Barracks, Guam, MI.  This was 86-87.  We secured the U.S. Naval Magazine at Agana, Guam, and every single one of the junior troops came straight from Infantry Training School at either Pendleton or LeJeune.  Our NCO's an Staff NCO's all came from Infantry units in the fleet.  

I do not know where you are getting your information from, but Marine Infantrymen do not tend to call themselves anything but grunts.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you in the same thread I'm in?  Did you respond to my post, or the voices in your head?  Exactly what did I post that you are taking issue with?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The real heroes are usually quiet about what they have done, the more noise they make, the less likely they are legit.
View Quote

True that!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Why do Air Force personnel where tiger stripe jungle fatigues?

See it in the airports during my travels.

Last time I saw that pattern was on South Vietnamese officer in The Green Berets.

I was in a restauraunt this week and a guy was wearing a tshirt that read
" it's a SEAL thing you wouldn't understand"
That seems kind of strange out if character.

I was in the National Guard for 15 years during the Cold War, shouldn't I get a CIB for keeping the Russians at bay?

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Last time I saw that pattern was on South Vietnamese officer in The Green Berets.

View Quote

We wanted to be special, so we picked a camo pattern and color that doesn't really blend in with anything.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not quite the same.  Some new crap that cost more than they are worth.  It was BDUs and "Chocolate Chips" back in the day for us.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

True that!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The real heroes are usually quiet about what they have done, the more noise they make, the less likely they are legit.

True that!

Shit, you guys have never hung out with Ranger BATT boys.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Delta (Air) Force
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not quite the same.  Some new crap that cost more than they are worth.  It was BDUs and "Chocolate Chips" back in the day for us.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm kinda just throwing some gas on the fire
Shouldn't they be asphalt colored or light blue ??

Just kidding guys and gals !
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:32:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL...or better yet, go back to the OD green fatigues with full color patches and name tapes, etc.  Always loved those.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
My issue is with your assertion that Marine Security Guards do not call themselves "Infantry" as if they are not, or as if by doing so, they would somehow diminish themselves or make fools of themselves calling themselves infantry when they aren't really as Security Forces troops do when they do it.

As I said, unless things have changed, every man who is assigned to guard an Embassy, is an MSG, or is on Barracks Duty is usually a Marine Infantrymen, (we did have armorers and clerk types too) trained at the Infantry Schools at both Camp Pendleton and Camp LeJeune. (called Infantry Training School when I attended in 86, prior to being stationed on Guam providing security for a Navy Installation) and have Infantry MOS's, such as 0311, 0331, 0352, etc. etc.  

Anyways, we usually dont (did not) call ourselves "Marine Infantry" instead going by the simple yet elegant title of Grunt.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top