Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@nu3gawhat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnZx4Cxkuw

You tell me, what was so funny that he was laughing a few seconds before getting on national television to moan the death of his child, how could anyone laugh at anything at time like that? Must have been really funny, I wish we could hear what they were talking about before they what appears to be in my opinion “getting into character” type preparation.

Can you or anyone else explain this to me?
View Quote

There were a lot of WTF things associated with Sandy Hook.  AJ dared to ask tough questions and got punished for it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wouldn’t listen. I’m a fan of free speech.
View Quote

Defamation is not protected under free speech.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@nu3gawhat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsnZx4Cxkuw

You tell me, what was so funny that he was laughing a few seconds before getting on national television to moan the death of his child, how could anyone laugh at anything at time like that? Must have been really funny, I wish we could hear what they were talking about before they what appears to be in my opinion “getting into character” type preparation.

Can you or anyone else explain this to me?
View Quote

Yeah.  I’ve seen it plenty of times at funerals.

Smiling and laughing one minute, sobbing like a baby the next.  In fact, it happened to me at my mom’s service.

Human emotion is a very variable thing in a time of grief.

“Robbie Shaw was getting into character” is one of the dumber conspiracy theories surrounding Sandy Hook.  You should be embarrassed to be peddling it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’d figure a lawyer would know the definition of punitive damages?

I’ll be that guy here but these threads are always filled with people that are sticking their fingers in their ears and stamping their feet about the facts and reality of this case. Completely denying that defamation is not protected by the Constitution and theory of which has a long history that stretches back before the founding. I watched a few days of the raw feed of this case and they had him dead to rights on obvious flagrant defamation. ::Alex Jones voice:: “They had the documents!” Internal emails with ad revenue breakdowns discussing the huge uptick in click throughs during the Sandy Hook segments. Not lawyers contentions, direct statements and metrics, “we need to push this story more because it brings in x more dollars.” The very definition of actual malice. The balance sheet they showed had infowars bringing in something retarded like 150k a week in boner pill sales. Added to that Jones was the white equivalent of the Christmas parade guy who acted like an unhinged maniac the entire process, trying to hide evidence from discovery, trying to hide assets from the court, etc All the thumbing his nose at the legal system that makes judges/juries want to break it off in your ass for doing. Not to mention the nature of the lie itself being so noxious itself you can’t legitimately trying to play “whatabout isms” without looking like a damn fool.

iF tHeY CoULd dO iT tO HiM ?!?!? Yeah if maliciously lie for years with your own multi million dollar (cumulatively hundreds over the decades) media empire about murdered children you too could be slapped with a gargantuan civil suit.

Flame suit on.
View Quote

Regarding your excellent post...

Attachment Attached File

Smack On Target about Alex Jones selling "Lies for Ratings" from the blood of murdered little school kids. Alex Jones is a total and complete scumbag.  Defamation laws existed here even before the United States became the United States.  Freedom of Speech does NOT mean complete freedom from the consequences of that speech.

Regarding Alex Jones & his " Financial Situation"

Attachment Attached File

Alex Jones worked hard to earn himself that Judgement.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There were a lot of WTF things associated with Sandy Hook.  AJ dared to ask tough questions and got punished for it.
View Quote

"Dared to ask the tough questions."

The defamation lawsuit was about Jones' regular rants, on his Infowars website, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, staged, that none of the 20 dead children, or their parents, were even real:

From Oct. 26, 2017: "I don't know what really happened with Sandy Hook, folks. We looked at all sides, we played devil's advocate from both sides, but I mean, it's as phony as a three-dollar bill."

From Jan. 13, 2015: "Sandy Hook is a synthetic, completely fake, with actors, in my view, manufactured."

=====

Imagine your 6 year-old child murdered in school by some lunatic. Then, other lunatics, including Alex Jones, start spreading lies about how the whole thing is fake, and part of a government conspiracy to seize your firearms.

Alex Jones supporters then start harrassing you and making death threats against you based on the lies spread by Jones and other fucking morons.

Jones deserves the verdict he received.

Some of GD:

"The lying, criminal media has to be held accountable!"

Same GD subset after Jones fucks around and finds out:

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:36:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Smiling and laughing one minute, sobbing like a baby the next.  In fact, it happened to me at my mom’s service.

“Robbie Shaw was getting into character” is one of the dumber conspiracy theories surrounding Sandy Hook.  You should be embarrassed to be peddling it.
View Quote

I suppose the difference there would be most funerals do not involve murdered children, and if they do, I cannot imagine the parents are laughing.

There are far more strange events that happened that day, but we aren’t allowed to talk about it, so I’ll leave it there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He was right about Dandy Hook.

The fact that they want him broke and gone shows that the Deep State is real.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The defamation lawsuit was about Jones' regular rants, on his Infowars website, that Sandy Hook was a hoax, staged, that none of the 20 dead children, or their parents, were even real:

From Oct. 26, 2017: "I don't know what really happened with Sandy Hook, folks. We looked at all sides, we played devil's advocate from both sides, but I mean, it's as phony as a three-dollar bill."

From Jan. 13, 2015: "Sandy Hook is a synthetic, completely fake, with actors, in my view, manufactured."

=====

Imagine your 6 year-old child murdered in school by some lunatic. Then, other lunatics, including Alex Jones, start spreading lies about how the whole thing is fake, and part of a government conspiracy to seize your firearms.

Alex Jones supporters then start harrassing you and making death threats against you based on the lies spread by Jones and other fucking morons.

View Quote

That event was weaponized to use against Americans then and now.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

=====

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

=====

I love that people are so utterly gullible they think any of these proceedings were the idea of the parents rather than some very nasty and vicious lawyers who took advantage of emotional and mourning parents to go for deepest pockets.  You've bought hook line and sinker the line of a few psychopaths who think nothing other than using violent mechanisms of the state to dispossess others of currency.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alex Jones made money by causing pain and suffering to Sandy Hook parents. Why should he be allowed to profit from that without any repercussion?

Now tell us about damage and deaths caused by MSM lies in regards to George Floyd, Michael Brown, Freddy Grey, Eric Garner, and Trayvon Martin.

How much profit did MSM make with each these?

Next, tell us about MSM and Russian collusion.

Then do MSM and J6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2KVj2vVxUs
Where are all the defamation lawsuits regarding these events that were dismissed? If there was money to be made off defamation cases, you can bet lawyers will be lining up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#11]
N/M
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

See also: Fox News' retention of Tucker Carlson when they pulled his show.
View Quote

Right, but it appears that Fox News seems to have decided not to enforce their non-compete clause or either they somehow didn't have one or at least it may not have been very ironclad.  My guess is that the sale of Info War will require an ironclad non-compete clause that is going to make it very difficult for Alex to be a publc figure for at least a certain number of years, which will diminish his following so that even when he can return to the public space it will be be with a much smaller voice.

He made very powerful enemies and those enemies provide a lot of money to various 501c(3) groups that literally have people who's full time job it is (paid under large grants) to catalog everything he does and look for ways to bring him down.  Literally offices with people who clock in and work 40 hours a week to destroy him studying him under a microscope.   He gave them the opportunity to destroy him and they seized it.  

Did Alex deserve it? Well, it's clear some here believe he did and that demonstrates the wide political spectrum of people that Alex Jones managed piss off during his career.  I think he always knew it would end like it has.  

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

Awarding damages in the billions because some conspiracy theorist online said something you don't like?

That's the most un-American thing I've ever heard. The ADL and SPLC regularly engage in defamation far above and beyond anything Jones did toward their targets and yet they don't pay a cent.
View Quote

Evaluate who you cannot criticize societally... It makes you go hmmmm.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Right, but it appears that Fox News seems to have decided not to enforce their non-compete clause or either they somehow didn't have one or at least it may not have been very ironclad.  My guess is that the sale of Info War will require an ironclad non-compete clause that is going to make it very difficult for Alex to be a publc figure for at least a certain number of years, which will diminish his following so that even when he can return to the public space it will be be with a much smaller voice.

He made very powerful enemies and those enemies provide a lot of money to various 501c(3) groups that literally have people who's full time job it is (paid under large grants) to catalog everything he does and look for ways to bring him down.  Literally offices with people who clock in and work 40 hours a week to destroy him studying him under a microscope.   He gave them the opportunity to destroy him and they seized it.  

Did Alex deserve it? Well, it's clear some here believe he did and that demonstrates the wide political spectrum of people that Alex Jones managed piss off during his career.  I think he always knew it would end like it has.  

View Quote

IIRC Tucker's was specific to TV and maybe radio too, so Twitter was his out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My guess is that the sale of Info War will require an ironclad non-compete clause that is going to make it very difficult for Alex to be a publc figure for at least a certain number of years, which will diminish his following so that even when he can return to the public space it will be be with a much smaller voice.

View Quote

Why would he give a shit if it only sells for $1 at liquidation?

There is nothing that would compel him to sign a non-compete so why would he do it?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There is nothing that would compel him to sign a non-compete so why would he do it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is that the sale of Info War will require an ironclad non-compete clause that is going to make it very difficult for Alex to be a publc figure for at least a certain number of years, which will diminish his following so that even when he can return to the public space it will be be with a much smaller voice.

Well there's also the little problem that although questionably constitutional, the feds unilaterally ordained non-competes as banned.  It's not clear to me how they can magically limit private contracts like that without an act of congress, but here it is:

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2024/04/ftc-announces-rule-banning-noncompetes
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I mean every one of these 'but muh defamation' idiots end up admitting it in the end -- the long winded 'dead to rights' guy ( Emeoba69 ) admits it's about unconstitutional prosecution of defamation of the dead and it's in his own summary quote:

"Yeah if maliciously lie for years with your own multi million dollar (cumulatively hundreds over the decades) media empire about murdered children you too could be slapped with a gargantuan civil suit."

Lying about the dead is not and never has been defamation in our legal system, it's a fabrication and an absolute railroad of justice.  Every fucktard arguing it's really about defamation of the parents knows in their heart of hearts it's actually about defaming the dead, which is legal.

That's why they need to do mental olympics about it somehow being illegal to have unpopular opinions about the sincerity of the mourning of the survivors.  They desperately need to somehow legitimize their feels into law.
View Quote

You keep focusing on the dead people can’t be defamed argument as if the dead children were going to have standing and then claim some logical victory? Talk about mental gymnastics.

Jones and his minions (that fat fuck “reporter” of his he threw under the bus) called the parents liars for years saying their kids didn’t die. That’s defaming the parents on the subject of their dead kids. Your contention doesn’t come into play, at all.

The other logical fallacy is that the parents needed to show actual damages when most states, including Texas and Connecticut where the to suits were filed, have “per se defamation” where the defamation is so blatant you don’t have to show actual damages as the plaintiffs.

Jones had his chances to defend himself or settle with the families (something he’s trying to do now). When CNN/nbc got sued for no less egregious lies by nick sandman they reportedly settled for an 8 to 9 figure sum. No doubt doing they looked at the odds of a trial awarding him multiple times that and settled.

Be interested to see what his defenders think of NY Times v Sullivan means on this topic? It’s the whole reason the press, leftist msm, is not held accountable with the high bar of “actual malice” standard. I remember plenty here decrying it when Sara palin lost her “targeting” case. Seems like most in this thread would support it to protect Alex jones.

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

View Quote

Never mind, not even worth it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd figure a lawyer would know the definition of punitive damages?

I'll be that guy here but these threads are always filled with people that are sticking their fingers in their ears and stamping their feet about the facts and reality of this case. Completely denying that defamation is not protected by the Constitution and theory of which has a long history that stretches back before the founding. I watched a few days of the raw feed of this case and they had him dead to rights on obvious flagrant defamation. ::Alex Jones voice:: "They had the documents!" Internal emails with ad revenue breakdowns discussing the huge uptick in click throughs during the Sandy Hook segments. Not lawyers contentions, direct statements and metrics, "we need to push this story more because it brings in x more dollars." The very definition of actual malice. The balance sheet they showed had infowars bringing in something retarded like 150k a week in boner pill sales. Added to that Jones was the white equivalent of the Christmas parade guy who acted like an unhinged maniac the entire process, trying to hide evidence from discovery, trying to hide assets from the court, etc All the thumbing his nose at the legal system that makes judges/juries want to break it off in your ass for doing. Not to mention the nature of the lie itself being so noxious itself you can't legitimately trying to play "whatabout isms" without looking like a damn fool.

iF tHeY CoULd dO iT tO HiM ?!?!? Yeah if maliciously lie for years with your own multi million dollar (cumulatively hundreds over the decades) media empire about murdered children you too could be slapped with a gargantuan civil suit.

Flame suit on.
View Quote

Yep, I don't maliciously lie about victims of a horrible tragedy for profit, so I'm not worried about them "coming to get me too."
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe he can get more money [Tzar] bombs [ba] from the Kremlin to keep things going.

RT News or Cucker Tarlson will offer him a job soon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That whole lawsuit was bullshit
View Quote

He lost a default judgement for failing to comply.  He made the decision not to comply then complained that the default judgement was for the amount claimed by the claimant like any other default judgement.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Everybody laughs at CNN losing tons of money, why don't you advocate for their "first amendment rights".
View Quote

CNN= state controlled media operation
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If your kids were murdered in a school shooting, and some left-wing loudmouth was accusing you of being a crisis actor, would that not bother you? Would you take legal action against them?

Not that the final judgment isn't disproportionate, but Alex Jones no doubt made it worse with his actions during the trial. He could have settled and paid way less, but instead he chose to turn it into a circus by acting like a clown.
View Quote

I'd probably offer to go on his show and if he had the balls to say it to my face, I guess we'll see if he has good enough security to keep me off him, if we're being honest. At that point, I don't want the guy's money, I want a piece of his ass.

I sure as hell wouldn't support some over-the-top settlement in the billions from a dog and pony show trial. That's making a mockery of my loss as sure as Jones was. Can I sue the legal system for awarding a cartoonishly ridiculous settlement?

The View says worse all of the time. So does Maxine Waters. Where's my billions over their nonsense?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:
While the award to the plaintiffs is ridiculous, Jones gets zero sympathy from me. The things he said regarding the children who lost their lives at Sandy Hook were not just horrid, they make US look terrible.

We don't want that guy on our side.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Hell AJ advocates for peaceful resistance.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729-819.gif

Smack On Target about Alex Jones selling "Lies for Ratings" from the blood of murdered little school kids. Alex Jones is a total and complete scumbag.  Defamation laws existed here even before the United States became the United States.  Freedom of Speech does NOT mean complete freedom from the consequences of that speech.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/yoda1-1015.jpg

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote
welcome to the thread fellow gun enthusiast
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody laughs at CNN losing tons of money, why don't you advocate for their "first amendment rights".

So is AJ
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That whole lawsuit was bullshit
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

His lawyer literally gave them everything, all on “accident” of course.

Yeah just comply with a rigged system, that will totally work out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only there was something he could have done to defend himself... like comply with discovery.

Yeah just comply with a rigged system, that will totally work out.

That's some impressive circular logic.

Having a shitty lawyer isn't a defense.

How can you claim a rigged system when he didn't even comply with what was requested of him?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Jones is an a hole but did he really cause damages to people in the billions?
View Quote

Their kids collectively weren't going to earn that much had they not been murdered so his ramblings impacted their postpartem anti Constitution cash flow.

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Congratulations back to You on your recent membership to ARFCOM fellow gun enthusiast.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Says the brand new guy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You keep focusing on the dead people can’t be defamed argument as if the dead children were going to have standing and then claim some logical victory? Talk about mental gymnastics.

Jones and his minions (that fat fuck “reporter” of his he threw under the bus) called the parents liars for years saying their kids didn’t die. That’s defaming the parents on the subject of their dead kids. Your contention doesn’t come into play, at all.

The other logical fallacy is that the parents needed to show actual damages when most states, including Texas and Connecticut where the to suits were filed, have “per se defamation” where the defamation is so blatant you don’t have to show actual damages as the plaintiffs.

Jones had his chances to defend himself or settle with the families (something he’s trying to do now). When CNN/nbc got sued for no less egregious lies by nick sandman they reportedly settled for an 8 to 9 figure sum. No doubt doing they looked at the odds of a trial awarding him multiple times that and settled.

Be interested to see what his defenders think of NY Times v Sullivan means on this topic? It’s the whole reason the press, leftist msm, is not held accountable with the high bar of “actual malice” standard. I remember plenty here decrying it when Sara palin lost her “targeting” case. Seems like most in this thread would support it to protect Alex jones.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean every one of these 'but muh defamation' idiots end up admitting it in the end -- the long winded 'dead to rights' guy ( Emeoba69 ) admits it's about unconstitutional prosecution of defamation of the dead and it's in his own summary quote:

"Yeah if maliciously lie for years with your own multi million dollar (cumulatively hundreds over the decades) media empire about murdered children you too could be slapped with a gargantuan civil suit."

Lying about the dead is not and never has been defamation in our legal system, it's a fabrication and an absolute railroad of justice.  Every fucktard arguing it's really about defamation of the parents knows in their heart of hearts it's actually about defaming the dead, which is legal.

That's why they need to do mental olympics about it somehow being illegal to have unpopular opinions about the sincerity of the mourning of the survivors.  They desperately need to somehow legitimize their feels into law.

That was a whole lotta words to try and walk back your own summary:

""Yeah if maliciously lie for years with your own multi million dollar (cumulatively hundreds over the decades) media empire about murdered children you too could be slapped with a gargantuan civil suit."

Your own characterization was one of lies about dead children.  You can walk backwards all you like, but you already betrayed your thoughts.  We can all see you're working backwards gymnastics to try to make a defamation about a dead child to be a defamation of a live person instead, because it is only through such contortion that you can weasel in some weak linkage to law.  Contradicting someone else's facts about a dead person is defaming the dead person, not the live person.

If you and I get an argument, I deny the holocaust, and you say it's real and I say that's a lie then we both know the victim of defamation here is the reputation of the holocaust victims.  Again this is holocaust denial v2 but because it's more recent and 'feels' people want to wish defamation of the dead into law by saying you've defamed people who disagree with you.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Of course not, but you should know better than most of us, "you're not the boss of me" is not the best attitude to show a judge.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Odd that, with the unfortunate frequency of school shootings, the “False flag” accusation has kinda dimmed. All but disappeared amongst the nitwits with their ears pressed to the ground.

Now, that could be because the nitwits have moved onto more entertaining conspiracies. That sounds likely.

Or, it’s because it was confabulist horse shit designed to key in on blood and soil, and sell supplements to basement larpers.

Derp.

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'd probably offer to go on his show and if he had the balls to say it to my face, I guess we'll see if he has good enough security to keep me off him, if we're being honest. At that point, I don't want the guy's money, I want a piece of his ass.

I sure as hell wouldn't support some over-the-top settlement in the billions from a dog and pony show trial. That's making a mockery of my loss as sure as Jones was. Can I sue the legal system for awarding a cartoonishly ridiculous settlement?

The View says worse all of the time. So does Maxine Waters. Where's my billions over their nonsense?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your kids were murdered in a school shooting, and some left-wing loudmouth was accusing you of being a crisis actor, would that not bother you? Would you take legal action against them?

Not that the final judgment isn't disproportionate, but Alex Jones no doubt made it worse with his actions during the trial. He could have settled and paid way less, but instead he chose to turn it into a circus by acting like a clown.

The hens on The View say worse things about you than you are faking your own children's deaths as part of some government conspiracy huh?

Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If only there was something he could have done to defend himself... like comply with discovery.

Quoted:

View Quote

Alex Jones lawyer sent the copy of the contents of AJs phone because The Lawyer was NOT about to go to jail, nor lose his law license, when Alex Jones was actively & knowingly lying to the Court & hiding accounts & assets.  Knowingly participating in hiding relevant financial information from the Court, when clearly ordered to disclose ALL of same is a sure way to be disbarred and or jailed.

Discovery in Court is not some minor thing.  When the Court orders disclosure of relevant information as part of the case, any Attorney who values his law license follows the specific written instructions of the court.

The Lawyer can always protest or later appeal any decision they disagree vs. the Judge.  

Alex Jones Fucked around at the start in Sandy Hook.  Alex Jones keep fucking around all the way through the various trials, and now at the end he's Finding Out the consequences of being a ass clown .

Could NOT happen to a more deserving person.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The verdicts totaled more than gdp of some small countries. If everyone in Grenada volunteered to put every penny they made towards paying off Jones' judgments for a year they couldn't pay it off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

The verdicts totaled more than gdp of some small countries. If everyone in Grenada volunteered to put every penny they made towards paying off Jones' judgments for a year they couldn't pay it off.

No he did not. Piece of shit but that was lawfare at its worst. Arguably as bad, if not more so, than Trump.

Look at the shit leftists celebrities say about the right and face no repercussions.

I don't care how insulting some asshole is, its not worth millions or billions of dollars.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Odd that, with the unfortunate frequency of school shootings, the “False flag” accusation has kinda dimmed. All but disappeared amongst the nitwits with their ears pressed to the ground.

Now, that could be because the nitwits have moved onto more entertaining conspiracies. That sounds likely.

Or, it’s because it was confabulist horse shit designed to key in on blood and soil, and sell supplements to basement larpers.

Derp.

View Quote

I just want to know why all the school shootings started all of the sudden, and rather frequently. I mean, students used to have guns in their pickup trucks for ffs and school shootings were almost never heard of. Could just be that they are a soft target and crazy people do crazy things. I will say it helps the left and those who wish to disarm us tremendously, as that stuff pulls on peoples emotions more than anything, and we know how easy people are to manipulate when they are emotional.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The hens on The View say worse things about you than you are faking your own children's deaths as part of some government conspiracy huh?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They say I'm a Nazi, white supremacist, and want to kill children/minorities. Regularly.

That my not be as bad, but it's damn well within sight of it. (Yeah, I re-thought the "worse" part. That IS pretty damn bad)

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending anything Jones did and I'm fine with a defemination lawsuit. It's the $2B nonsense I'm offended by.

Who the fuck is that supposed to make feel better?
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Says the brand new guy.
View Quote

Now Now Now ...

Our Recent New Member IS actually a PAID member - unlike so many obvious trolls & throw away phony members.

so to our recent paid member I say... ... "Welcome Aboard ARFCOM & Enjoy the Ride!"

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I just want to know why all the school shootings started all of the sudden, and rather frequently. I mean, students used to have guns in their pickup trucks for ffs and school shootings were almost never heard of. Could just be that they are a soft target and crazy people do crazy things. I will say it helps the left and those who wish to disarm us tremendously, as that stuff pulls on peoples emotions more than anything, and we know how easy people are to manipulate when they are emotional.
View Quote
Selection bias by the media?

The number of "he/she was on our radar" frequently commented by police/FBI/etc. always got me.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They say I'm a Nazi, white supremacist, and want to kill children/minorities. Regularly.

That my not be as bad, but it's damn well within sight of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That my not be as bad, but it's damn well within sight of it.

Well what happened here is even worse.  I call bob a nazi, alice says no that's false.  I then say alice is lying and bob really is a nazi. Then alice sues me for defaming her for calling her a liar?  In what world does that make sense? I've defamed bob, not alice.  Not only that, in this case 'bob' is in the legal sense not even a person that can be defamed.

Once you understand that you understand that this whole thing is at least 2 degrees of separation from defamation, if it ever entered that orbit.  This is a case of someone saying shit that people found so utterly shocking and distasteful that they decided *this just has to be illegal* and they turned their feelz into a verdict.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

No because people are FREE to think however the fuck they want.

Unless he specifically said an action, ie. hunt down these people IRL, it's all nonsense.

It's the death of the 1A.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well what happened here is even worse.  I call bob a nazi, alice says no that's false.  I then say alice is lying and bob really is a nazi. Then alice sues me for defaming her for calling her a liar?  In what world does that make sense? I've defamed bob, not alice.  Not only that, in this case 'bob' is in the legal sense not even a person that can be defamed.

Once you understand that you understand that this whole thing is at least 2 degrees of separation from defamation, if it ever entered that orbit.
View Quote

I clarified while you posted this, although I admit I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I DO understand that Jones DID say parents faked their own children's deaths. I don't know how that isn't defaming someone's reputation, especially when said children are dead.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

It gets LOTS of Media Attention.   Because it is relatively rare & usually white kids - not some everyday black teenages shooting each other nightly over a drug selling street corner.,  

The twisted kids like the Columbine shooters became famous / infamous and went from nobodies to somebodies by killing their classmates.

Which then plays as a loop for idiot loner nobody losers who "want to make a name for themselves".

Which gets lots of Media Attention ...  in the loop again and again and again and again ....

It has since long ago become a Media Standard - "O.K. - in this scene, The kid is really mentally messed up, ... so ...  We have him go shoot up a school and shoot it up - preferable very young innocent young ones or perhaps his own classmates as he wants "revenge"!!!

and to the point "School Shooter" has gone from being unthinkable to now being a Slang, Trope & "Standard" in our Society that everyone can see in their minds eye.

Just like Airports increased security to prevent hijackings & terrorism - schools as soft targets with huge media attention should have been hardened & secured better a decade ago.   But the Teachers Unions & Liberals don't want to do that ("it makes the school like a prison" they say) so we remain with our schools uniquely open to mass murder.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Unless he specifically said an action, ie. hunt down these people IRL, it's all nonsense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure it's not even illegal to say that.  Just can't be imminent lawless action.  The KKK made a speech in Ohio calling for violence against their enemies and SCOTUS found it was constitutional as there was no imminent lawlessness.

If you look at the older 1A cases a ton of them are just as about as bad as it gets, KKK wanting to kill their enemies or nazis wanting to march around holocaust survivors.  And even that stuff was allowed and no one was winning mega lawsuits against them.  

On a criminal level I don't think I'd want to be the guy prosecuting speech made that wasn't accompanied by some conspiratory act like someone actually driving out to hurt someone or something like that.  Imminence is pretty difficult to prove unless you're literally on the street pointing at some guy and saying "get him" or something.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 1:54:04 PM EDT
[#48]
It was a BS lawsuit. Jones barely talked about Sandy Hook much less the parents.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

View Quote

I wonder if someone wound up with this guy's account or how he could just troll along steadily for twenty years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

So Russiagate…when are the punitive settlements coming to trump from the broadcast media?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Even Alex Jones admitted that Sandy Hook 100% happened.

The First Amendment was designed to protect people from the government, not people from each.  You can't slander and cause damage that can be monetized and think you're protected by the First Amendment.  

Old Timey days like when the MAGA kid was suing CNN and other media outlets for slander. Where were all you First Amendment advocates then?

So Russiagate…when are the punitive settlements coming to trump from the broadcast media?

Probably at some point after he sues them.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top