Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:50:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I just bought a PSA/B5 Sopmod complete lower and 5 PMAGs.

I do this every time there's a threat of panic and prices aren't up, yet.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Why no one has said what gun he used, his dad gave him a .45 for his birthday, and witnesses say he reloaded 5 times. So sounds like he had a NY compliant 7 shot hand gun. hahaa
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why no one has said what gun he used, his dad gave him a .45 for his birthday, and witnesses say he reloaded 5 times. So sounds like he had a NY compliant 7 shot hand gun. hahaa
View Quote

False.

It was an "easily concealable" AR pistol with Sig brace (which was being shouldered) with 40 round PMAGs loaded with M855 armor piercing ammo.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

His dad did NOT give him the gun.  That was reported in error.  He was given money for his birthday and it appears he bought the gun and filled out the 4473.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just bought a PSA/B5 Sopmod complete lower and 5 PMAGs.

I do this every time there's a threat of panic and prices aren't up, yet.
View Quote

That's a good deal on the lower. Worthy of a purchase no matter what is going on.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:04:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The panic/politicization of guns, instances like this, really make me glad I left the hobby side of guns/shooting...if for no other reason than it just doesn't periodically ruin my past time and enjoyment of something.

I still own guns, still think they're important, but this hysteria bullshit keeps me away from enjoying them.

This...

Go shoot something. Don't give the mother fuckers the satisfaction. The mere thought of them shedding crocodile tears over me enjoying my evil black guns brings great joy to my heart!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to start neckbearding 20ga.
View Quote

I NBed..all the 35 whelen....so you guys are fuked

No panic at Gander all is quiet so far.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Dad issue already addressed; it was a .45 Glock

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good point.  Join date November 2000? Good to see an original member still posting!

View Quote

I originally signed up in about 1998 I want to say. There was a sale, upgrade or something and the "old timers" like me got a 2000 join date when that happened. I go through periods where I get away from the forum for a couple of months to a year....better in small doses.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I certainly hope not but I can't say one way or the other.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:18:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why would there be a panic?  The attack was committed with a handgun, not an AR, AK, etc.  and it probably won't even be a gun with a high-capacity mag.  There shouldn't be a run on anything...what are they going to target?
View Quote

So what.  

Have you forgotten the liberal logic?  Never waste a good crisis.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah, well you "well nothing's gonna happen but I just ordered 10,000 rounds because..." guys can have fun. I'll be sitting this retarded panic shit out.  

View Quote

Only an idiot would sit out salad days. Ars have never been cheaper. I'm building my 3 rd ar this year and probably will build a second suppressor. You need to be buying now while the market is flooded. What are you going to wait until lowers are $500 and pmags are $75. There is No panic right now so you should be buying.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Day 1...buy gun.

Go do stuff.  Cut grass.  Play with the kids.

Smoke some brisket.  Watch a reality show.   Go to work a lot.  Vacuum the car.

Day 8..Decide to get another gun.

No problem.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The effect is the same for us. For example, because of EO, now in Texas, New Mexico Arizona and California we cannot buy 2 or more long arms in a 5 day period from an FFL without the transaction getting reported to ATF. Considering that if you have a CHL nothing but the 4473 is required in Texas, I call that federal gun registration by EO.

Day 1...buy gun.

Go do stuff.  Cut grass.  Play with the kids.

Smoke some brisket.  Watch a reality show.   Go to work a lot.  Vacuum the car.

Day 8..Decide to get another gun.

No problem.

It is a problem. It is a policy that restricts your rights and in action prevents nothing.

Every little piece they gain is something we have to fight to get back. Never be happy with compromise when it erodes the Constitution.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So what.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would there be a panic?  The attack was committed with a handgun, not an AR, AK, etc.  and it probably won't even be a gun with a high-capacity mag.  There shouldn't be a run on anything...what are they going to target?

So what.  

Yup.....That's one of the libtards mottos.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why?  The likelihood of new federal gun control is close to zero.
View Quote

Shh! I got AR's for sale.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wish everyone thought like this.  I've had to tell every guy in my office this the same thing already today.

(I ordered 5 new gen 4 g17 mags from midway today, total coincidence )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish everyone thought like this.  I've had to tell every guy in my office this the same thing already today.

(I ordered 5 new gen 4 g17 mags from midway today, total coincidence )

I carry 33 rounder's in my 17.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Only an idiot would sit out salad days. Ars have never been cheaper. I'm building my 3 rd ar this year and probably will build a second suppressor. You need to be buying now while the market is flooded. What are you going to wait until lowers are $500 and pmags are $75. There is I panic right now so you should be buying.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, well you "well nothing's gonna happen but I just ordered 10,000 rounds because..." guys can have fun. I'll be sitting this retarded panic shit out.  

Only an idiot would sit out salad days. Ars have never been cheaper. I'm building my 3 rd ar this year and probably will build a second suppressor. You need to be buying now while the market is flooded. What are you going to wait until lowers are $500 and pmags are $75. There is I panic right now so you should be buying.  

Your comment shows that you are either delusional/ignorant or are trying to promote a panic to flip your stuff. There are no laws being proposed and there is no panic.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

His dad did NOT give him the gun.  That was reported in error.  He was given money for his birthday and it appears he bought the gun and filled out the 4473.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I glad everything was done legal then.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You found something a Gander? Wow

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm so glad I abandoned the gun hobby to take up fishing.,  No one panics when a crazy guy beats someone to death with a surf rod.
View Quote

Think of the fish man.

#fishhavefeelstoo
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
No more .22LR? Oh wait.....................I haven't seen (quality) .22LR in a long time.

$400 for a case of XM193? Oh wait.

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Your comment shows that you are either delusional/ignorant or are trying to promote a panic to flip yout stuff. There are no laws being proposed and there is no panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your comment shows that you are either delusional/ignorant or are trying to promote a panic to flip yout stuff. There are no laws being proposed and there is no panic.

I'm voting delusional.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You think they cannot put you in jail if you violate an EO enforced by ATF or any other agency?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The likelihood of executive orders or federal "rules" implementing new restrictions has gone up. They'll probably be flea bites comparatively, but Obama will do something.

I think a ban on Internet ammo sales is a big possibility.

would require congress to pass a bill into law.  EO cannot make law.

You think they cannot put you in jail if you violate an EO enforced by ATF or any other agency?

I think they can't.  That simply isn't how the law and court system works in this country.  It wouldn't be a matter of them not being able to prove guilt, there wouldn't be any law on the books to charge you with violating.  

Even if they arrested you, you'd be out once it got to arraignment and you pointed out to the judge that you're not accused of violating any law.  Even the most incompetent public defender would have no problem getting you out.  

Then you pick one of the lawyers that will be lining up around the block to take your case under contingency and sue the ATF and the attesting agent(s) directly for wrongful arrest (and anything else your new lawyer can think of).

The only possible mechanism for them to hold you would be for them to declare you a domestic terrorist, and detain you indefinitely with no trial and no access to legal counsel, which they could already do and wouldn't require any new EO.  That might work on a very small number of people that could be easily disappeared, but any attempt to do so on a large scale would very quickly attract attention.  Hell, I wish they would try it, it would finally bring the risks of granting such powers to the executive to the forefront, and those powers would be quickly rescinded by Congress (or declared unconstitutional by the courts), and impeachment would become a very real possibility.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.  Name a single person that has been imprisoned for violating an executive order that wasn't based on a new interpretation of existing law.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My iPhone is delusional. I meant to say there was No panic. My phone autocorrected it for some reason.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:26:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm voting delusional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm voting delusional.

You couldn't be more wrong. My phone autocorrected the last sentence. I was saying now is still the time to buy. Do you salad days bro?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Glock? A plastic handgun that will easily pass through x-ray machines undetected? On no!

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Well Randolph should we sell yet??
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<<<<----------butt itches........anyone else's itch?
View Quote

Poor guy it seems you have had to pepper your angus a few too many times.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

False.

It was an "easily concealable" AR pistol with Sig brace (which was being shouldered) with 40 round PMAGs loaded with M855 armor piercing ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

I knew that's what is was, had to be
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:44:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I made up my mine and bought a full auto 1911 45 cal Glock.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

WTF??

It is much better to be gaining ground now rather than in the old days when the future was pretty bleak.

The failure of gun control is plain for anyone to see and things like the abject failure of the Colorado mag ban point to the futility of future gun control efforts.

If "guns just aren't that fun anymore" is your issue the you are part of the problem.

Take up table tennis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And this is why guns just aren't that much fun anymore.

WTF??

It is much better to be gaining ground now rather than in the old days when the future was pretty bleak.

The failure of gun control is plain for anyone to see and things like the abject failure of the Colorado mag ban point to the futility of future gun control efforts.

If "guns just aren't that fun anymore" is your issue the you are part of the problem.

Take up table tennis.

Meh. I'm sure no one was worried about transferrable machine guns being banned, either.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only an idiot would sit out salad days. Ars have never been cheaper. I'm building my 3 rd ar this year and probably will build a second suppressor. You need to be buying now while the market is flooded. What are you going to wait until lowers are $500 and pmags are $75. There is No panic right now so you should be buying.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't say I'm an idiot but I'm really in need of nothing at the moment, salad days or not. They come and go anyway. I'm topped off on ammunition, I have all the firearms and mags that I desire(d). Any others would be to just flush things out like say a S&W 460 but I've no real use for it. I reload for 18 calibers and all my components are topped off. The three that I don't reload for (.22's, 17HMR and 7.62 soviet) I've a life-time supply (sans the 17, maybe only 2,000) unless I start teaching kids or new shooters again.

If your just starting out and/or for future shooters then yes, it's a good time to buy. Hopefully, what would be purchased would be something thought out and not do to some type of hype. In my case, I can divide my stuff equally to my three kids and each would have a very nice collection as it is.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His legacy....gun salesman of the year.....for 7 years in a row, and counting.
View Quote

This is the truth .....
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the murders.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You couldn't be more wrong. My phone autocorrected the last sentence. I was saying now is still the time to buy. Do you salad days bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm voting delusional.

I do indeed salad days, Bro.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Your comment shows that you are either delusional/ignorant or are trying to promote a panic to flip your stuff. There are no laws being proposed and there is no panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, well you "well nothing's gonna happen but I just ordered 10,000 rounds because..." guys can have fun. I'll be sitting this retarded panic shit out

It is a great time to buy why wait for a panic.  Should we all wait until they propose a new law and bitch about the prices?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#37]
If I wasn't stuck at work I would run by one of the bigger shops in town just to gauge the attitude of people in there, are we panicking or just window shopping.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:27:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.35 Whelen rules
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
the next big panic will be late summer next year before the election
View Quote

Especially if the (R)'s have a weak candidate.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yes! Today is friday, tomorrow is saturday and sunday follows.

Monday, a start of a new week. Americans will have forgotten and moved on to the next latest and great outrage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm starting to see the opposite. Anytime before 18 months ago, this would have interrupted programming and would have been run into the ground by the media. They would have been interviewing doctors, lawyers, cops, psychiatrists, and preachers 24/7...

Now a shooting isn't nearly the media circus it use to be, Kinda like walking on the moon was in the 70's.

Yes! Today is friday, tomorrow is saturday and sunday follows.

Monday, a start of a new week. Americans will have forgotten and moved on to the next latest and great outrage.

Exactly.

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

False.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

False.

Are you sure about the Sig brace? I heard it was the shoulder thing that goes up. Wait, maybe that IS a Sig brace.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep DU plant
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Morons.....like, literal morons.

NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I've learned anything from years in gun circles it is that a lot of gun owners are just as irrational and emotional as the liberals who are trying to ban guns...and not to mention some are just slightly above functioning retard in IQ.

Yep DU plant

Yep, you're who I'm likely talking about.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#44]
I already have enough ammo, firearms, mags and receivers for the rest of my life and kids lives. Got it cheap and stored it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#45]
He used a Glock 41 w/ 13rd mags.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm ready, if prices go retarded I'm cashing in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm ready, if prices go retarded I'm cashing in.

EVERYONE should be ready by now. There's an insane amount of ARs, parts, and accessories currently available. This incident won't make much of a dent in the over supply. Prices will stay low at least until the next election. If it looks to be going badly for the Republicans then the sky's the limit on prices. Just don't be the guy panic buying as the returns are coming in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Double negatives make no sense, what are you asking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I had better pepper my angus for SAFE Act II.

You nailed it. All the Feds have to do is threaten to cut funding to states and bam new firearm restrictions for all!

Yeah, just like they did after Sandy Hook.

You don't think gun control hasn't been shifted to the state level?

Double negatives make no sense, what are you asking?

Thanks Miss Shields!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

GD's understanding of what a President can and can not do is embarrassing.
View Quote

Do you remember not too long ago the ATF came out of the blue and banned M855/SS109.
You think they did that on their own?
eta:

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 6:23:36 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

He used a .45 and had to do multiple mag changes. Ban 1911s
View Quote

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top