[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is that a yard sale badge?
View Quote
https://meritbadge.org/wiki/index.php/Salesmanship
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I do not miss having to put all of that on my class As.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I do not miss having to put all of that on my class As.
View Quote
These work?
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Reading this thread reminded me of a quote by Napoleon Bonaparte

“Give me enough ribbons to place on the tunics of my soldiers and I can conquer the world.”

— Napoleon
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I used some spiral bound guide book that came with a clear little plastic ruler. Some guys would have the sew shops do theirs, but it was usually all fucked up and they would end up re doing them anyway

I just hated having to get the coat dry cleaned because there was always a chance you would fuck up one of the ribbons or really smudge anything shiny.

Between myself, and for last minute joe uniform emergencies, I pretty much had spares for everything on my coat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I used some spiral bound guide book that came with a clear little plastic ruler. Some guys would have the sew shops do theirs, but it was usually all fucked up and they would end up re doing them anyway

I just hated having to get the coat dry cleaned because there was always a chance you would fuck up one of the ribbons or really smudge anything shiny.

Between myself, and for last minute joe uniform emergencies, I pretty much had spares for everything on my coat.
View Quote
Ever try those ultra thin ribbon mount packages? I never did but after forking our for sta brite buttons I figured I might as well have
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ever try those ultra thin ribbon mount packages? I never did but after forking our for sta brite buttons I figured I might as well have
View Quote
I thought about trying them out, but it wasn't really kosher because theyl look "different".
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I thought about trying them out, but it wasn't really kosher because theyl look "different".
View Quote
Yeah, I wondered about that. Did see a Colonel sporting them one time but I didn’t bother asking him
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish they would simplify things the next time they decide to change their minds on the uniforms.

There was no reason to have 3 unit DUI pins, I never really felt okay about wearing unit citations I didn't earn, and drop the ribbon rack down to only your top three.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wish they would simplify things the next time they decide to change their minds on the uniforms.

There was no reason to have 3 unit DUI pins, I never really felt okay about wearing unit citations I didn't earn, and drop the ribbon rack down to only your top three.
View Quote
Even when I only had 1, I would rather have had none but this guy thinks otherwise
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Refer back to @Harv24 post... OUT!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah, I wondered about that. Did see a Colonel sporting them one time but I didn’t bother asking him
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them. All of the devices are glued on, and I got them with shorter pins so that I did not have to put cardboard behind my ribbons to hold them flush to the coat. I really like the fact that, should I need to change anything, all I have to do is contact the company, send the ribbons back, and only pay for the cost of the new ribbon/device and shipping.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have them. All of the devices are glued on, and I got them with shorter pins so that I did not have to put cardboard behind my ribbons to hold them flush to the coat. I really like the fact that, should I need to change anything, all I have to do is contact the company, send the ribbons back, and only pay for the cost of the new ribbon/device and shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What company?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What company?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What company?
Ultrathin.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Ultrathin.
View Quote
Pricing? NVM I looked it up, the $1.50 service fee is reasonable
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
why is there a sword on a badge for gunners?
View Quote
LOL, this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
LOL, this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, this.
And an Officer's Saber, no less.  If they wanted a sword, they should have used the M1832 Artillery Sword.

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And an Officer's Saber, no less.  If they wanted a sword, they should have used the M1832 Artillery Sword.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Aems1832image1.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL, this.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Aems1832image1.JPG
I believe it’s a cavalry saber.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top