Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 7:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
My left shoulder is destroyed, I have a big ganglion cyst growing on my left wrist, my left hip socket hurts like hell most days, and I have cold I can’t seem to shake. Doing just fine
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:05:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#3]
45 here and i have been having trouble dleeping and wake up with sore knees and hips. Most likely due to my 60lb irish setter that sneaks in bed and sleeps across my legs at night.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

does anyone else have problems when they've been exercising regularly and for what ever reason they stop for a week or two? I find that the end of the first week I've gotten all achey, by the second week the sleep problems start.....along with digestion problems.
View Quote
Yup. Last winter I didn't run much, caught some kind of reoccurring cold from hell that lasted from Sept until May. All sorts of stupid little issues that went away as soon as I got back into putting in some running miles.

What I think is weird is my left knee actually feels worse if I skip a few days than it does if I run every day. Not sure what that's all about.

I'm convinced that exercise of some type is essential to add to one's quality of life as the years go by.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Once I hit 50 I started to see and feel some changes and know that I will have to work a little harder to keep fit. I can still run a half marathon at a sub 10 min mile and can run a 5k at sub 8's. I hit the gym four days or more a week and also do yoga once a week with the wife. I have been told I do not look my age by a number of younger women , which feels very good.

What sucks

Eyesight is degrading
Hip hurts if I sit at my desk at work too long
Recovering from an all night drinking affair takes me much longer.....
Knees are not as bendy as they once were
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally getting around to more info

48 years old, had second major shoulder surgery in 4 months a few days ago. Feel like shit. Honestly don't know if it did much good. at this point i dont know why they didn't just do a replacement.

Had achilles tendon surgery about 4 years ago, other foot is now acting the same way that one did. Jesus I DO NOT want to go through another achilles tendon debridement

Have coccyx inflammation and am getting an injection for it tomorrow. when it gets started up i  end up getting my lower back out of line because of the way I sit. when I went to get this seen about the PA asked me if my hip hurt and I said No, she told me from the looks of my Xray id probably need a hip replacement in about 20 years because of the arthritis she saw.

bone spurs ain't no joke anyone that tells you otherwise is either a liar or ignorant

yesterday i picked up a 16 pound bag of ice with my good arm and I think I pulled a muscle in my shoulder at a minimum or maybe worse it hurts like hell now.

Im fucked honestly. DOn't know if I'll be able to go  back to work anytime soon if at all.

you guys that don't have health problems count your blessings and thank God for it. only other surgeries Ive had were a knee scope when I was about 19 as a result of an ATV accident that almost killed me (literally) when I was about 14 and a minor shoulder scope on the same shoulder thats giving me issues now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Just turned 48 week before last.  I’ve had surgeries to repair a inguinal hernia, gall bladder removal and recently a one level cervical fusion (C5/6) for a herniated disc compressing my spinal cord.

I have arthritis in my left knee and plantar fasciitis in right heel. Both remnant from my Army life.

All of that I can live with, I don’t have much pain and can hike miles as long as I wear my trail runners that pads my heel strikes. What really bothers me is my worsening vision, especially night vision. I have to be in before dark or have someone around. It’s that bad, and not much can be done about it.

Overall, could be worse off, but sure as hell not 25 anymore.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not trying to toot my horn but...

I run/walk 3 miles per day, don't take any medicine, and have beat cancer twice (so far).

I turn 69 tomorrow, I can't complain.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 76 and I've had several serious military injuries fixed and now feel great.
Total Hip replacements Tri Care is now using Ceramic and in my case the replacements are better than the original bone.  I had the surgery last April 15 and speed walked 2 miles last week.
I was an 11B for 24 years then a Wrestling Coach for 20 years so other than 5 years feeling sorry for myself with PTSD I stayed in shape.  My Cardiologist said that since I was in great shape for 30+ years my body wants to be that way.  I live with My Fitness Pal and soldier on.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top