BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Real easy answer. You actually have a good loving respectful relationship with your daughter. Compared to my mother and grandmother who forged my name on loan documents for their house, got me kicked out of apartments when I told them no, forced me to get a useless degree and generally enjoyed a 30 year rampage.

Your daughter loves you because you haven’t burned her down. Your actions say that you have her best interest at heart.

That’s really the problem with these boomer vs millennial threads. A ton of boomers are bluntly POS self centered jack wagons that need to die from a light beer virus.
View Quote
I personally don't know of one person from my generation that has done this sort of thing or it's figurative example to their own flesh and blood children.
Not one.
I am sorry for you.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I disagree.

The point of living is accumulating machineguns, Japanese swords and expensive German sports cars, and living well every day - and then retiring in Hawaii with your spouse.
View Quote
Latest one.

Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I know boomers who still are paying off their McMansions well into retirement. No thanks boomer.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I put more into my retirement every month, than my parents have ever had liquid at any point in their lives.

They survived on debt, and I don't. They told me not to get in debt (and I believed them), and now they're telling my that I'm leaving so much on the table. There's so much I could do (says they), with my credit rating, home equity and investments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right?

A Boomer is literally criticizing millennials for believing what they were told by Boomers.

That's like parents blaming their child for being spoiled.  If a child was raised to be an asshole, who is at fault?  The child, or the idiots who raised him to e an asshole?
My Boomer parents constantly lectured me about how they were raised and how my generation was raised so soft.

Then get mad that I am raising my kids exactly like they claimed they were raised.

Hmmmmmm.
I put more into my retirement every month, than my parents have ever had liquid at any point in their lives.

They survived on debt, and I don't. They told me not to get in debt (and I believed them), and now they're telling my that I'm leaving so much on the table. There's so much I could do (says they), with my credit rating, home equity and investments.
My dad will be working into his 70’s.  If I’m working at 50 it’ll be fucking off and pretending I’m working.

If I’m dead before 50, my kids will have a nice nest egg to snort to ease their no daddy issues.

I’d don’t think I live half bad, either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 2:03:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Real easy answer. You actually have a good loving respectful relationship with your daughter. Compared to my mother and grandmother who forged my name on loan documents for their house, got me kicked out of apartments when I told them no, forced me to get a useless degree and generally enjoyed a 30 year rampage.

Your daughter loves you because you haven't burned her down. Your actions say that you have her best interest at heart.

That's really the problem with these boomer vs millennial threads. A ton of boomers are bluntly POS self centered jack wagons that need to die from a light beer virus.
View Quote
I'm Gen-X and agree with this statement, I find Millenials and Gen Z to be exasperating but relatively harmless but Boomers have been the center of marketing/societal attention for 70+ years.  Walk into a restaurant, the loudest most obnoxious table is inevitably a gaggle of Boomers.  Go to the zoo with your kids the person pushing them out the way is almost always a Boomer (and the odd obnoxious Chinese tourist).  My Wife Grandfather dies, not a moment of sadness by her Aunts they head out and start cleaning all of the valuables out of the house before we (my wife and my in-laws could get back from the funeral).  Their epic meltdown when the will was read and they realized they would get nothing due to their terrible behavior when his wife their mother died (confronted him and demanded her jewelry).  The Me generation in large part is going to die alone.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top