Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I would bet $dollars to donuts there have been WAY more slaves in Africa than in the United States.

Anyone want to take the other side on that wager? Anyone know how I can get reliable data on it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Would you have to have an actual government issued ID to pick up your check?  That's racist
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I think every descendant of a Civil War soldier that served or was killed in action should receive $1,000,000. Try that on for size.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You missed my point. How do we define a "black person". Is it people with ancestors from a specific country? What about people who have 1/2 of that ancestry? 1/4? 1/128? Do we provide partial reparations based on the amount of "slave blood" a person has? The more you get into the details, the more absurd the idea becomes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You missed my point. How do we define a "black person". Is it people with ancestors from a specific country? What about people who have 1/2 of that ancestry? 1/4? 1/128? Do we provide partial reparations based on the amount of "slave blood" a person has? The more you get into the details, the more absurd the idea becomes.
View Quote

According to 23andme or whatever I’m .02% black so where’s my $16,000?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think every descendant of a Civil War soldier that served or was killed in action should receive $1,000,000. Try that on for size.
View Quote

Yeah baby Im in on this !
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Using modern logic you just have to “identify” as such and all standard practices and logic no longer apply.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

'Comply or it's going to be a serious backlash:' Activist demanding $800,000 for every black resident issues warning to California's reparations task force

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11544937/Deon-Jenkins-California-senate-candidate-warns-backlash-reparations-debate.html

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Any living person who was bought or sold as a result of legal slavery in the US should get reparations.  Their descendants? Shit out of luck - you were never a slave.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can we subtract all the shit we have given them over the years?
View Quote

They would end up up owing us money instead of getting a check.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm fine with it as long as they forfeit all other government assistance and have a name pronounceable outside the hood.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Can we send these people to Liberia? It is the homeland for such great thinkers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Imagine the rimz
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

According to 23andme or whatever I'm .02% black so where's my $16,000?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#16]
What is the serious backlash? They gonna sit home on Monday instead of going to the job they don't have?

Continue to not pay child support?

Continue with their flash loot mobs?

So basically business as usual, except for days ending in Y.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

And because we are not allowed to discuss reconstruction and what happened than ...

Who knows about the reparations that were paid?

Okay, Let''s Talk About Reparations

255 views  Dec 6, 2022
(December 6, 2022) California Governor Gavin Newsom remarked last week on his state’s progress toward providing reparations for blacks who can trace their ancestry to slaves, or to any free black that lived in America during the nineteenth century. Newsom’s task force has identified five victim classes supposedly requiring reparations. The biggest single category is composed of the descendants of blacks who were victims of housing discrimination from 1933 to 1977. The total reparations slated for all five categories is $570 billion, to be distributed among 2.6 million blacks for an average of $220,000 each. By comparison, California’s entire annual budget is $515 billion.

There are plenty of arguments to make against such reparations. For example, blacks disproportionately benefitted from subsidized government housing during the last seventy years. They still do. Few people, however, know that the former Confederate soldiers and his descendants have already paid a form of reparations, if not for slavery, then for losing the War Between the States.

For twenty-five years after the end of the War a combination of three line-items accounted for over half of the Federal budget.

Interest Payments of Federal War Debt
Budget surpluses used to retire Civil War debt.
Union Veterans Pensions.

None of the three benefitted former Confederate soldiers and their descendants.

During the first twenty-five postbellum years, Union Veterans Pensions amounted to 12% of the Federal budget whereas the combination of budget surpluses to retire the War debt and interest on that debt totaled 40%. Ultimately, however, Union Veterans Pensions became the larger and more protracted factor. In 1893 alone Union Veterans Pensions represented over 40% of the Federal budget. The annual disbursements of pension checks did not stop growing until 1921, fifty-six years after the War had ended.

The postbellum Republican Party could not resist the temptation to bribe veterans to support high tariffs by arguing that tariffs were the chief funding source for the pensions. Such tariffs were beneficial to the Northern industrial states but injurious to the South’s export economy. Today’s Democrat Party likewise cannot resist the temptation bribe key constituencies such as youthful and black voters with student loan forgiveness and reparations.

After Democrat Samuel Tilden almost won the presidency in 1876, the Republicans started liberalizing the pensions to strengthen their voter constituency. The 1879 Arrears Act enabled new applicants to collect pensions in arrears back to the date of military discharge as opposed to the date the veteran applied for benefits.

The mean arrearage was $1,000, which compared to the average American worker’s annual income of $400. When editorializing about the Act one New York City magazine editor wrote “the effect of this law is to stir-up a multitude [one hundred forty-one thousand] of people to apply for pensions . . . who had not realized they were disabled until the Government offered a premium of $1,000 or more.”

The 1890 Dependent’s Amendment greatly liberalized the dependency qualifications. Passed during Benjamin Harrison Presidency it was deliberately targeted at eliminating years of budget surpluses to eradicate the Southern case for lower tariffs.  Additionally, in 1904, President Theodore Roosevelt transformed the pensions into an old age retirement program, instead of a disabilities platform, by declaring all Union veterans age 62 and over to be disabled. The Act was originally intended to compensate wounded warriors, not old soldiers.

By 1917 $5 billion had been spent on Union Veterans Pensions, an amount twice as large as all the Federal and state expenditures made to fight the Civil War.  By 1942 such spending had aggregated to $8 billion. The last of the monthly payments was made in May of 2020. Confederate soldiers got none of this money but had to pay their share of the taxes to fund them.

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Were out of money now, after sending billions to help white Europeans. Sorry fella

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL

bring it fucker
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:20:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll be interested to see what the breaking point for all the Tolerant Liberals is, if it even exists. At some point things have to get so patently absurd that they won't be able to keep it together anymore...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Theyre batshit extremists. Irrational, unreasonable and  unpragmatic.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:44:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I legit can’t wait for the white Wakanda Forever Toyota pick-up trucks to start rolling in to suburbia laden with inner city dreadlockers armed to the teeth, robbing, looting & burning all the Liberal Karen’s cookie cutter houses & 7 passenger SUV’s to the ground.

I don’t blame black people for this. I blame the dumbass white motherfuckers who’ve coddled, encouraged & voted for it. It’s time the reap what they’ve sown.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Lol its not just liberal whites who simp for the wakandans.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:44:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Communists are behind these extortion plots...started with unions, womens movement, civil rights movement, now the LBJBBQ movements...

Gramsci & Cloward Piven followers just following their blue print for the destruction of the America of our founders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My great grandparents came from Scotland in the early 1900s and built the family tree from scratch on a plot of dirt they farmed themselves. My paternal grandmother was born in France.

My family essentially played no part in slavery at all.

Yet simply because I'm white I've "benefited from slavery"

Fine, then you as a person who have never been a slave, have benefited from living in a majority white western society. We can call it even.

Communists are behind these extortion plots...started with unions, womens movement, civil rights movement, now the LBJBBQ movements...

Gramsci & Cloward Piven followers just following their blue print for the destruction of the America of our founders.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:46:00 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe GM should ramp up Escalade production just in case.

Don’t be no chump.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/197999/D853C7E3-4171-4B08-881C-BC75FCF85DCC_jpe-2637358.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anyone else reminded of back when the Roman empire would pay money to restless barbarian hordes so they wouldn't break into civilization and burn things?

Human nature has not changed
View Quote

And danegeld.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Let's just turn the country Over to China ahead of time and let them deal with it.
View Quote

Chicom LE vs fiery-but-mostly-peaceful-riot demographics?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:52:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Arabs had a lucrative slave trade from Africa long before the US existed (some say they still do). Why aren’t they hitting up the Saudis?
View Quote

Because the Saudis aren't fools and would tell them to fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:53:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wrong. There were people predicting this stuff as far back as the 80's. If you were paying attention, you saw this coming like Omar Sharif approaching the well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know when the first rumblings of this crap started up thirty years ago no one thought
there was a snowball’s chance in hell it would ever amount to anything.
Wrong. There were people predicting this stuff as far back as the 80's. If you were paying attention, you saw this coming like Omar Sharif approaching the well.

And I'm sure the normiecons smeared them and called them raycis.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Arabs castrated their slaves from Africa. They held many more African slaves than the colonies did by far, but there are no descendants to demand handouts.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arabs had a lucrative slave trade from Africa long before the US existed (some say they still do). Why aren't they hitting up the Saudis?
Arabs castrated their slaves from Africa. They held many more African slaves than the colonies did by far, but there are no descendants to demand handouts.

Attachment Attached File

Based. Pragmatic, they don't have problems with the feral descendents of their former slaves.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And because we are not allowed to discuss reconstruction and what happened than ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqow8zEl2aM

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqow8zEl2aM

255 views  Dec 6, 2022
(December 6, 2022) California Governor Gavin Newsom remarked last week on his state’s progress toward providing reparations for blacks who can trace their ancestry to slaves, or to any free black that lived in America during the nineteenth century. Newsom’s task force has identified five victim classes supposedly requiring reparations. The biggest single category is composed of the descendants of blacks who were victims of housing discrimination from 1933 to 1977. The total reparations slated for all five categories is $570 billion, to be distributed among 2.6 million blacks for an average of $220,000 each. By comparison, California’s entire annual budget is $515 billion.

There are plenty of arguments to make against such reparations. For example, blacks disproportionately benefitted from subsidized government housing during the last seventy years. They still do. Few people, however, know that the former Confederate soldiers and his descendants have already paid a form of reparations, if not for slavery, then for losing the War Between the States.

For twenty-five years after the end of the War a combination of three line-items accounted for over half of the Federal budget.

Interest Payments of Federal War Debt
Budget surpluses used to retire Civil War debt.
Union Veterans Pensions.

None of the three benefitted former Confederate soldiers and their descendants.

During the first twenty-five postbellum years, Union Veterans Pensions amounted to 12% of the Federal budget whereas the combination of budget surpluses to retire the War debt and interest on that debt totaled 40%. Ultimately, however, Union Veterans Pensions became the larger and more protracted factor. In 1893 alone Union Veterans Pensions represented over 40% of the Federal budget. The annual disbursements of pension checks did not stop growing until 1921, fifty-six years after the War had ended.

The postbellum Republican Party could not resist the temptation to bribe veterans to support high tariffs by arguing that tariffs were the chief funding source for the pensions. Such tariffs were beneficial to the Northern industrial states but injurious to the South’s export economy. Today’s Democrat Party likewise cannot resist the temptation bribe key constituencies such as youthful and black voters with student loan forgiveness and reparations.

After Democrat Samuel Tilden almost won the presidency in 1876, the Republicans started liberalizing the pensions to strengthen their voter constituency. The 1879 Arrears Act enabled new applicants to collect pensions in arrears back to the date of military discharge as opposed to the date the veteran applied for benefits.

The mean arrearage was $1,000, which compared to the average American worker’s annual income of $400. When editorializing about the Act one New York City magazine editor wrote “the effect of this law is to stir-up a multitude [one hundred forty-one thousand] of people to apply for pensions . . . who had not realized they were disabled until the Government offered a premium of $1,000 or more.”

The 1890 Dependent’s Amendment greatly liberalized the dependency qualifications. Passed during Benjamin Harrison Presidency it was deliberately targeted at eliminating years of budget surpluses to eradicate the Southern case for lower tariffs.  Additionally, in 1904, President Theodore Roosevelt transformed the pensions into an old age retirement program, instead of a disabilities platform, by declaring all Union veterans age 62 and over to be disabled. The Act was originally intended to compensate wounded warriors, not old soldiers.

By 1917 $5 billion had been spent on Union Veterans Pensions, an amount twice as large as all the Federal and state expenditures made to fight the Civil War.  By 1942 such spending had aggregated to $8 billion. The last of the monthly payments was made in May of 2020. Confederate soldiers got none of this money but had to pay their share of the taxes to fund them.

So, just like a significant amount of today's ''never been in a gun battle, the front line, or ever out of the office except for PT'' Vets who have found out ''mental/emo disability'' is a lifelong paycheck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh look......another layabout "Activist" threatening America with the extortion technique citing "backlash" instead of what he really wants to say.

Link Posted: 12/18/2022 11:34:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'll be interested to see what the breaking point for all the Tolerant Liberals is, if it even exists. At some point things have to get so patently absurd that they won't be able to keep it together anymore...
View Quote
Wrong. They believe men can have periods and some women have penises. It's like "1984" - they believe 2+2 equals whatever the Party needs it to.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:38:11 PM EDT
[#32]
takes the money-printing baby-popping concept of welfare-mama to a whole 'nother level, don't it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ll donate a plane ticket to fly your unhappy ass out of our country to Africa!
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top