Posted: 3/20/2023 10:56:18 PM EDT

Attachment Attached File

Fucking hell..
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Pure scum.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
See this? This is why folks hate lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#3]
My surprised face.......
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
To be fair, they probably didn’t suffer any pain -sheer terror is a different story.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#6]
You won't find me suprised.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The ridiculous excessive litigation needs to stop. It's truly why we can't have anything.

There can never be perfection or zero risk. To think there can be is delusional.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that headline the other day.

If I ever had someone make that argument to my face I would probably start randomly talking about extremely painful ways to die.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To be fair, they probably didn’t suffer any pain -sheer terror is a different story.
View Quote

And that will be conjecture and not allowed
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
They experienced a great deal of emotional and psychological pain and suffering before dying so...
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The ridiculous excessive litigation needs to stop. It's truly why we can't have anything.

There can never be perfection or zero risk. To think there can be is delusional.
View Quote

@ScopeScar

What happened here was gross-negligence of epic proportions caused by a corporate culture focused purely on profit while tossing safety out the window. Not an accident.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@ScopeScar

What happened here was gross-negligence of epic proportions caused by a corporate culture focused purely on profit while tossing safety out the window. Not an accident.
View Quote

I’d even say this is beyond gross-negligence, it’s into fraud territory.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
One time in New York I was riding the elevator with a group of insurance attorneys and they were discussing a recent president that they could exploit to deny compensation claims for dismemberment injuries.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Ron White Near Miss Plane Crash
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Dont worry. ARFCom's Military Industrial Complex shills will be here shortly to tell us those families are "ungrateful turds", and they should be happy to receive $5 and a Charms blow pop. Afterall, they employ lots of Conservatives! For that privilege, we should be licking the executives ball sacks! Besides, there were no BILLIONAIRES on those flights... so no one that matters died.

We should be happy that Boeing is helping America kill more ORCS! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! We should be *HAPPY* Billionaires have such talented lawyers to make sure they don't have to be held accountable for their actions. Holding rich people accountable is * COMMUNISM! *
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Punching someone squarely in the face needs to be a legitimate response to stupid arguments like the ones Boeing is making.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@ScopeScar

What happened here was gross-negligence of epic proportions, not an accident.
View Quote

Only when viewed through the lens of a trial lawyer.  Negligence at most and to that I say that's just life in a technological civilization where consumers want to travel a planet.

Have some perspective and cut the outrage.  Chinese state-controlled (since the Chinese state controls everything) kills a  few million--ho hum otrage level.

A few hundred by imperfect management--mass outrage.  Spare us.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Only when viewed through the lens of a trial lawyer.  Negligence at most and to that I say that's just life in a technological civilization where consumers want to travel a planet.

Have some perspective and cut the outrage.  Chinese state-controlled (since the Chinese state controls everything) kills a  few million--ho hum otrage level.

A few hundred by imperfect management--mass outrage.  Spare us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm all for technology (and the risks that come with it), but I'm also tired of the incompetent leeches that have risen to the tops of major corporations. It seems like once a company has been through it's original creators and perhaps a few generations after, the know-nothing parasites are elected to positions of power. Kinda like this country.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
See this? This is why folks hate lawyers and politicians.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Dont worry. ARFCom's Military Industrial Complex shills will be here shortly to tell us those families are "ungrateful turds", and they should be happy to receive $5 and a Charms blow pop. Afterall, they employ lots of Conservatives! For that privilege, we should be licking the executives ball sacks! Besides, there were no BILLIONAIRES on those flights... so no one that matters died.

We should be happy that Boeing is helping America kill more ORCS! THATS ALL THAT MATTERS! We should be *HAPPY* Billionaires have such talented lawyers to make sure they don't have to be held accountable for their actions. Holding rich people accountable is * COMMUNISM! *
View Quote

Jesus
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'd even say this is beyond gross-negligence, it's into fraud territory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ScopeScar

I'd even say this is beyond gross-negligence, it's into fraud territory.
When I worked EMS, for a while I worked with an awesome Medic who used to be a flight medic.
He told me how he had to quit, because the air ambulance service had terrible *TERRIBLE* maintenance practices. The company openly encouraged engineers to cut corners in fixing the fucking helicopter. IIRC, the company would regularly lie about maintenance being done on the helicopter, when nothing was actually fixed.

I recall him saying he quit when the Air Ambo company sold the Helo... and it crashed in the mountains a month later. I think it was then determined that the maintenance logs claimed the helo's wiring harnesses had been replaced, but they werent... causing loss of control midflight, killing everyone onboard. When he heard the news of that, he knew that easily could have been him if his company had simply delayed the sale by one month. He quit, since at the time his wife had just given birth to his firstborn child and didn't want his kid to be raised without a daddy.

A lot of ambulance companies are run by the some of the slimiest, most evil, subhuman trash that has ever walked the earth. These are the type of people whom if trapped in a burning car, begging you to open the door... you should just walk up and make silly faces to them, and laugh and point at them and their misery, while reminding them that that the burning they feel won't end with death but will continue on for eternity in hell.

Rich people who deliberately put people into harms way, *LIE* about the dangers their workers face in order to be able to cut corners... and then get people killed AND THEN hire high priced attorneys to get out of having to pay the grieving families? CoC Prevents me from saying what should be done with such subhuman garbage.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate Boeing too
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm all for technology (and the risks that come with it), but I'm also tired of the incompetent leeches that have risen to the tops of major corporations. It seems like once a company has been through it's original creators and perhaps a few generations after, the know-nothing parasites are elected to positions of power. Kinda like this country.
View Quote
Its not incompetence... its greed.
These people sleep well at night knowing full well they sacrificed the lives of hundreds, but saved millions for themselves and their shareholders in the process.

Ripley made a good point about the Aliens in that iconic series. "At least they don't fuck over their own kind over a percentage"

By your line of logic... I should forgive the occasional bank robber because Hitler existed.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Its not incompetence... its greed.
These people sleep well at night knowing full well they sacrificed the lives of hundreds, but saved millions for themselves and their shareholders in the process.

Ripley made a good point about the Aliens in that iconic series. "At least they don't fuck over their own kind over a percentage"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I hate Boeing too
View Quote

@Spartan_6

Same. If their commercial division went under I wouldn’t lose an ounce of sleep.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Good argument.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good argument.
View Quote

@UV18

While technically it “might” be. Someone would have to be a shitty human to make it in the face of what happened.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Congress will make sure they’re taken care of.  Getting a huge tanker contract without open bids probably cost them some campaign money as well.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#31]
The blind corporate cock gobbling in a pathetic attempt to virtue signal what a bigger and better principled, capitalist conservative one is, is a genuine tragedy of this place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@UV18

While technically it “might” be. Someone would have to be a shitty human to make it in the face of what happened.
View Quote

It is a technical argument. And it is made by an attorney, so, no problem there
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:50:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It is a technical argument. And it is made by an attorney, so, no problem there
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The blind corporate cock gobbling in a pathetic attempt to virtue signal what a bigger and better principled, capitalist conservative one is, is a genuine tragedy of this place.
View Quote

@A_G

I actually read that in Mike Ehantraut’s voice and I agree 100%
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:58:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@ScopeScar

View Quote

You mean letting severely under qualified pilots operate the plane?

Yes, Boeing did wrong…but it was not outside the scope of what a reasonably trained/experienced pilot could handle.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#36]
The ending of fight club comes to mind.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#37]
nvmd.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#38]
ain't that some shit.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:13:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The ending of fight club comes to mind.
View Quote
Yep. They think of human lives as nothing more than a number on a spreadsheet. They would happily see your entire family burn alive in a car, if it saves them a few pennies. Then they turn around and put out ad campaigns telling their customers that they're racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic and how we all need to be "better".

Go fuck yourself you filthy rich cunts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#40]
I have often wondered how terrifying it must be on a plane that is quickly diving toward the earth and know that nothing you can do will prevent your death.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:26:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yes, Boeing did wrong but it was not outside the scope of what a reasonably trained/experienced pilot could handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ScopeScar

Yes, Boeing did wrong but it was not outside the scope of what a reasonably trained/experienced pilot could handle.
Why did they let someone severely unqualified operate the plane? Was this one of those Diversity, Equity and Inclusion type things?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Negligence at most
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Negligence at most

When you negligently kill hundreds of people, you are going to face accountability for that. That is a life sentence for everyone who died and everyone who depended on them.

The standard of allowing corporations to kill people with impunity is a fucking terrible standard. Which we can see:

When you are comparing a corporation's deadly negligence resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people with the murderous behavior of an authoritarian regime, you're not making a reasonable argument.

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:27:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Pure scum.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:30:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Fuck you, pay me is how they should respond
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#47]
have they even proven subject matter jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:38:47 AM EDT
[#48]
When you realize the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY above all else, of any company is profit, these things can be more easily made sense of. Be they right, wrong or indifferent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

When you negligently kill hundreds of people, you are going to face accountability for that. That is a life sentence for everyone who died and everyone who depended on them.

The standard of allowing corporations to kill people with impunity is a fucking terrible standard. Which we can see:

When you are comparing a corporation's deadly negligence resulting in the deaths of hundreds of people with the murderous behavior of an authoritarian regime, you're not making a reasonable argument.

View Quote
Like I said... its like saying "You're mad about some murderer?! Well like Hitler existed, so spare me your outrage!"
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Let's agree that, at a minimum, Boeing is completely tone deaf.  Some posters are outraged, perhaps justifiably.

Of those ITT who are outraged, are any man enough to say they're also pro-choice on abortion?  How does the unborn baby feel?  More terrified, or less terrified, than those airplane passengers?  Not a trick question.

It would be damned near impossible to hold both views, yet I'm confident there is someone here who does.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top