Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:53:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go big, Little Shooter!  Like my neighbors; great starter (mobile) home.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_2953-3077028.jpg
View Quote
holup

holup

how can your got dayum millennial neighbors () be living in a van () if you too aren't living in a van?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Where is the meme of a circle of crying little girls?
View Quote
do it.gif
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nailed it.

if only you were a Billy Badass Billionaire B**ma Bob Villa GigaChad who would and did bench press a fucking 870-lb transmission into your '67 chebby on a gravel driveway in a foot of snow in the winter with one hand whilst learning to code on the mainframe 'puter the size of a fucking dragline with the other hand and simultaneously getting a blowie from your harem of fully shaved 20 year old Yurpean supermodel girlfriends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, I have $500k of stock grants vesting over the next 5 years. I get additional $100k each year in this position. That money represents the accomplishments of my adult lifetimes work and the generosities of my employer recognizing my contributions to our teams success. People in here gonna tell me I need to quite bitchin and "muh u-haul cost of living location durrrrr" and literally walk away from all that and go hump sheep or some shit in Cockbreathville, IN for shit pay so I can hardly afford groceries in an 30% inflationary environment because I don't wanna pay $750k for a mid ass 30 year old 1500sq ft house on a handful of acres not next to the fucking highway.

Can't make this shit up.

nailed it.

if only you were a Billy Badass Billionaire B**ma Bob Villa GigaChad who would and did bench press a fucking 870-lb transmission into your '67 chebby on a gravel driveway in a foot of snow in the winter with one hand whilst learning to code on the mainframe 'puter the size of a fucking dragline with the other hand and simultaneously getting a blowie from your harem of fully shaved 20 year old Yurpean supermodel girlfriends.

dude I am laughing so hard I can't fucking breath.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In Ohio? Unless you have over half a million in savings there is no way you are buying a couple starter homes on the West Coast. Or any Metropolitan Area in the US for that matter.

I looked at $250,000 tear down or complete gut job in DT LV just a few months ago. To my knowlege it sold to a developer. Anything remotely move in ready will be mid $350,000 to low $400,000.

Even in Green Bay WI you would be hard pressed to buy a couple starter homes in $250,000 range. And that place like Ohio is literally hell on earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part is he is unintentionally proving the point of this entire thread.

8.50/hr is 17,680 annually. He bought a house for 39k, a little over 2x that wage. Then was laid off several times and easily found comparable work.

Using inflation as a benchmark which is quite generous as wages do not keep up with inflation, that same wage today is $36.33/hr or 75,566 annually.

Maybe the boomers can point us to the jobs that pay 76k and houses available for <200k?

In reality, that same job likely pays a fraction of the 36.33/hr in this estimate. And homes in those neighborhoods are more like 300-400k.

The problem is people that think a house like this one is not good enough for them. Us boomers had no problem starting out with these and working our way up.

https://www.homes.com/property/837-s-liberty-ave-alliance-oh/qy0ffyxqgq8hm/

It is very hard to find a starter home that is 1200 square feet or less. I would love a 2 or 3 bed 1 with 1 or 2 bath and a single car garage home that size. A small yard would be a bonus as far as I am concerned.

It would be more than enough for my needs. They don't build homes that small anymore. You get stuck buying a condo if you want something that small.

Anything that starter home size in Las Vegas does not even hit the market it will be sold overnight if it's priced decent. Realtors here literally have lists with hundreds of people looking for that exact thing.

Just out of curiosity when was the last time you tried or did buy a house?

I was pretty close to buying a couple of them in the last 5 years. One across the street on 3 acres that needed a complete remodel and one on an adjoining property that I bid on at auction. I stopped bidding on the one and passed on the other when I realized that I'm too old for that shit now.

In Ohio? Unless you have over half a million in savings there is no way you are buying a couple starter homes on the West Coast. Or any Metropolitan Area in the US for that matter.

I looked at $250,000 tear down or complete gut job in DT LV just a few months ago. To my knowlege it sold to a developer. Anything remotely move in ready will be mid $350,000 to low $400,000.

Even in Green Bay WI you would be hard pressed to buy a couple starter homes in $250,000 range. And that place like Ohio is literally hell on earth.

I've been to Vegas many, many times. As far as living, I'll stick with Ohio.

I'd rather be here than any Metropolitan area.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Millennials aren’t worth minimum wage.

Entitled brats who are stretching out their college years to avoid adulthood and getting their own insurance
View Quote

I'm not a millennial.

But I'm guessing you work for minimum wage (or near it)
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The problem is people that think a house like this one is not good enough for them. Us boomers had no problem starting out with these and working our way up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part is he is unintentionally proving the point of this entire thread.

8.50/hr is 17,680 annually. He bought a house for 39k, a little over 2x that wage. Then was laid off several times and easily found comparable work.

Using inflation as a benchmark which is quite generous as wages do not keep up with inflation, that same wage today is $36.33/hr or 75,566 annually.

Maybe the boomers can point us to the jobs that pay 76k and houses available for <200k?

In reality, that same job likely pays a fraction of the 36.33/hr in this estimate. And homes in those neighborhoods are more like 300-400k.

The average size home in America has been over 1000sf since like fucking 1910 or 1915 or so.
It was about 1200 sf at the start of WWII.
Post WWII it dropped back down to about 1000,
And was 1300 by 1960, 1500 by 70, around 1800 in 80, 2100 in 90, etc.
With increasing size driven by- believe it or not boomers, over 2200 in in 2000 and 2400 in 2010.

Yeah, my first house was about the size of the starter home you posted, for the equivalent of about 350k in today’s dollars.  Those exact same houses are 750K now.

But yet, every boomer started or bought some 787sf home that was the “norm” for the time.
And that’s total bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You all Boomer Bitchers need to fall in a well. My daughter (born '93) and her friend bought a house a couple years ago in Maryland (not a cheap state to live in). Neither have College degrees and make 60k or less a year.
they rented a while and saved money a while and we gave them 4k dollars, thats it.

Cant afford a house?
stop bitching and work harder. Move if you need to.

Boomers got shit to do with it.

Respect your elders.
View Quote

I make substantially more than $60,000 a year and would not even dream of buying a house in Maryland. I'd be intrested to see how they calculated her debt to income ratio that she would even qualify for the loan amount.

To put things in perspective I carry no debt other than my mortgage. I was approved this year up to $500,000 and that does not buy you much here in Las Vegas.

For most people moving an hour or two away is simply not feasible to commute. Moving to a cheaper area usually comes with taking a pay cut as there are not many good jobs available.

In my case Pahrump and Laughlin both about an hour away are not that much cheaper. By the time I factor in gas, vehicle wear and tear and time lost I'd come out worse than paying more in Las Vegas. Boulder City is more expensive than Las Vegas and so on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
not making this up.

i one handed the bitch into my '67 chebby whilst barefoot and wearing cutoff jorts in two feet of snow on a gravel driveway in January because pussy lazy got dayum millennial renter (lol) losers who don't wanna work for $8.70/hr and no piss breaks hadn't been born yet and necessitated the invention of the got dayum transmission jack.

Svetlana and Marika and Gisela whilst watching me bench press a tranny one handed into me '67 chebby: oh GigaChad, we're wetter than a cambodian toilet listening to your stories about doing a tour in the NatGuard so you didn't have to deploy to the killing fields of Vietfuckingnam.

renters lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I’m tired of entitled brats whining that people with 30 years more experience are earning more than them and have bigger houses than them.

We’ve earned that by being successful, budgeting and saving and hard work.

View Quote

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:04:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I told you:  they park the van in a garage they added onto the casita.

But, come to think of it, there is a dry wash (aka AZ river) that "runs" by their house I guess that counts.
View Quote
gonna need a google earth pin of said casita with aerial photos and/or street view of got dayum vandwelller millennials renters (lol) to properly asses the sichiation there big shooter.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've been to Vegas many, many times. As far as living, I'll stick with Ohio.

I'd rather be here than any Metropolitan area.

https://webarchive.library.unt.edu/web/20170118215803im_/http://www.lrp.usace.army.mil/portals/72/siteimages/Recreation/berlin.jpg
View Quote

Better you than me. I've escaped the Midwest twice now I'll be God damn if I ever go back.

Of course you missed the point of both my posts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
not making this up.

i one handed the bitch into my '67 chebby whilst barefoot and wearing cutoff jorts in two feet of snow on a gravel driveway in January because pussy lazy got dayum millennial renter (lol) losers who don't wanna work for $8.70/hr and no piss breaks hadn't been born yet and necessitated the invention of the got dayum transmission jack.

Svetlana and Marika and Gisela whilst watching me bench press a tranny one handed into me '67 chebby: oh GigaChad, we're wetter than a cambodian toilet listening to your stories about doing a tour in the NatGuard so you didn't have to deploy to the killing fields of Vietfuckingnam.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/RHr02J_cRqoAAAAC/hearts-love.gif

renters lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not making this up.

https://media1.tenor.com/m/RHr02J_cRqoAAAAC/hearts-love.gif

renters lol.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:05:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I make substantially more than $60,000 a year and would not even dream of buying a house in Maryland. I'd be intrested to see how they calculated her debt to income ratio that she would even qualify for the loan amount.

To put things in perspective I carry no debt other than my mortgage. I was approved this year up to $500,000 and that does not buy you much here in Las Vegas.

For most people moving an hour or two away is simply not feasible to commute. Moving to a cheaper area usually comes with taking a pay cut as there are not many good jobs available.

In my case Pahrump and Laughlin both about an hour away are not that much cheaper. By the time I factor in gas, vehicle wear and tear and time lost I'd come out worse than paying more in Las Vegas. Boulder City is more expensive than Las Vegas and so on.
View Quote

My biggest regret is NOT buying a house in Las Vegas in 2011 when I was stationed there after the housing bust in 08. I didn't make shit for money back then being in the AF and we decided to live on base instead because the community and schools where better. But I could have made some money for sure. That's what happens when you do what your wife wants instead of trusting your instincts LOL.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Laughlin is astoundingly shitty.

therefore b**mas will tell you to move there, pay $500k for a shitbox stahtah home, and spend 30 hours/week commuting.

renters lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:07:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here in SC we have plenty of jobs that pay 25-40/hr and many places with 1500 sq ft starter homes around 200k (or less if you're willing to DIY a fixer-upper).  You might end up living in a small city without all the cool stuff you get in the $$$ places, but that's what it takes.  Be glad you didn't grow up in The Great Depression and then turn 18 right before Pearl Harbor.  Perspective.

View Quote

60K a year is like 75th percentile income in SC.
The median home price in SC is selling at over 360K.

Young adults actually respect people that grew up during the Great Depression then went off to WWII.
They had it harder.

boomers telling young people how hard things were for that generation sound like assholes.
Because that is not how it was for the boomer generation.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

i'll be playing the Dropkicks turned up to 11 in the trenches after being drafted for WWIII.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i'll be playing the Dropkicks turned up to 11 in the trenches after being drafted for WWIII.

Ill be proud to fight ya

The Irish are a menace

I hate this song, and it gets my feels

Dropkick Murphys - "The Season's Upon Us" (Video)

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#22]
I think boomers struggle to realize that the following two things can be true at the same time:

1) The success you have accomplished in your life (education, career, owning property, investments, etc) was not easy, and you should feel good about them since you worked hard for them.

2) Achieving that same level of success for people entering adulthood now is objectively not as easy as it was 40 years ago.

Point #2 is an objective fact, not an opinion. Wages have not risen with inflation in that time period. However, education (which is still widely necessary for high paying jobs) has risen exponentially. Housing prices have risen exponentially. The same lifestyle that someone could enjoy on an average wage/salary in 1985 is not available to people earning an average wage/salary now. Again, this is not my opinion, this is an objective fact.

If I were a boomer who loved America, democracy, capitalism, and the way that we operate as a nation, the things that resulted in defeating communism in the cold war, I'd be invested in keeping that alive for the next generation. People with money, with houses, who pay taxes, don't vote for people who want to take their money or property. There has never once been a country full of happy middle class people that decided to implement communism, it is always countries full of disillusioned poor people.

But, instead, as you can see on this website, even acknowledging the reality in point #2 is somehow kryptonite to the one demographic with the most political power in this country. You can admit that things are harder for young people now than they were for you when you were that age. This does not mean that you didn't work hard for what you have now. However, ignoring the reality that it takes much, much more work to achieve the same results now is exactly why "ok boomer" is so widespread.

There is no reason to ignore reality unless you have personal issues which prevent you from doing so.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

therefore b**mas will tell you to move there, pay $500k for a shitbox stahtah home, and spend 30 hours/week commuting.

renters lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

renters lol.

Dude, by the time the GigaChads™ had turned that neighborhood around with their pro-bono community outreach legal advice/law enforcement/funding you would be selling that statah home for big bucks because it would be the hot trendy new metro.

Don't project your short comings as a man on the rest of us.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Dude, by the time the GigaChads  had turned that neighborhood around with their pro-bono community outreach legal advice/law enforcement/funding you would be selling that statah home for big bucks because it would be the hot trendy new metro.

Don't project your short comings as a man on the rest of us.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:21:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ill be proud to fight ya

The Irish are a menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTx-sdR6Yzk
View Quote
noice.

when i don't make it back after being drafted for WWIII:

Dropkick Murphys - "Going Out In Style" (Official Video)

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know a single boomer who borrowed money to go to college.
View Quote

The only people I personally know that got student loans went to a bank, degree/grades dependent if they got it or not....
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You all Boomer Bitchers need to fall in a well. My daughter (born '93) and her friend bought a house a couple years ago in Maryland (not a cheap state to live in). Neither have College degrees and make 60k or less a year.
they rented a while and saved money a while and we gave them 4k dollars, thats it.

Cant afford a house?
stop bitching and work harder. Move if you need to.

Boomers got shit to do with it.

Respect your elders.
View Quote

A few years ago? You mean that small window when houses were relatively cheap and interest rates were below 3%?

How much is her house valued at compared to when she bought it?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:27:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Lmao, I’m sympathetic to some of the whining here but lets get down to brass tacks, people nowadays are living in far nicer houses, driving far nicer cars, have more toys and chit for their spoiled kids, eat out way more, and have more conveniences than we ever did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m tired of entitled brats whining that people with 30 years more experience are earning more than them and have bigger houses than them.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Nobody gives a shit that some 25 year old is bitching they can’t afford the same home or make as much as someone 55 or 65 that is 30-40 years ahead of them career wise.  Those guys are total dipshits.

The problem is, the 25 year old with the same potential, effort, drive, and accomplishments as me 30 years ago or you forty years ago just paid proportionally two or three times as much for the same degree, or same vehicles and equipment to start a business  as we did.

And the same exact same home/neighorhood/schools we paid the equivalent of 300K for then is now a 650K home.

Let alone that we did shit and said shit nobody gave a fuck about that will get them fired or cancelled now,
We got meritocratic advancement and our time and efforts were rewarded while the get shafted for not being a gay, handicapped, person of color and see those advancements go to lesser performing individuals.  While their schools try to get their kids to go trans and the cops/das/judges let shit happen in their neighborhoods that would not have been stood for in our time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:33:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think boomers struggle to realize that the following two things can be true at the same time:

1) The success you have accomplished in your life (education, career, owning property, investments, etc) was not easy, and you should feel good about them since you worked hard for them.

2) Achieving that same level of success for people entering adulthood now is objectively not as easy as it was 40 years ago.

Point #2 is an objective fact, not an opinion. Wages have not risen with inflation in that time period. However, education (which is still widely necessary for high paying jobs) has risen exponentially. Housing prices have risen exponentially. The same lifestyle that someone could enjoy on an average wage/salary in 1985 is not available to people earning an average wage/salary now. Again, this is not my opinion, this is an objective fact.

If I were a boomer who loved America, democracy, capitalism, and the way that we operate as a nation, the things that resulted in defeating communism in the cold war, I'd be invested in keeping that alive for the next generation. People with money, with houses, who pay taxes, don't vote for people who want to take their money or property. There has never once been a country full of happy middle class people that decided to implement communism, it is always countries full of disillusioned poor people.

But, instead, as you can see on this website, even acknowledging the reality in point #2 is somehow kryptonite to the one demographic with the most political power in this country. You can admit that things are harder for young people now than they were for you when you were that age. This does not mean that you didn't work hard for what you have now. However, ignoring the reality that it takes much, much more work to achieve the same results now is exactly why "ok boomer" is so widespread.

There is no reason to ignore reality unless you have personal issues which prevent you from doing so.
View Quote

You lay this out so clearly in a way I have tried to and failed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:36:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know a single boomer who borrowed money to go to college.
View Quote

My sister did.  She graduated in '82, and it took her twelve years to pay off her student loan debt.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lmao, I’m sympathetic to some of the whining here but lets get down to brass tacks, people nowadays are living in far nicer houses, driving far nicer cars, have more toys and chit for their spoiled kids, eat out way more, and have more conveniences than we ever did in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
View Quote

On the whole? Yes. Absolutely.

The ones who are attempting to be somewhat responsible? No. There is no way that I could maintain the lifestyle of the person who also saved a substantial amount towards their retirement. All my peers drive cars that cost more than my house. I drive a 10 year old jeep or my wife's camry. The person who held my position before me lived on the golf course. Lakeside. I have a 35 year old double wide. I can't even afford a 30 year old 1500sq ft ranch on a bit of acreage without blowing up my retirement funds.

But fuck me for being lazy, I guess.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Final head count TBD.
View Quote

Don’t fuckin remind me. I hope Freeport-McMoran pays well cause I’m gonna need it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don’t use math on the boomers, they will tell you 2+2 does not equal 4 just so that they don’t have to admit that there’s even a chance that things were easier for them.
View Quote

I remember all those boomers making bank being influencers, off their OnlyFans, and crypto.

Some things were definitely easier for them but there are also opportunities that never existed back then too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Don't use math on the boomers, they will tell you 2+2 does not equal 4 just so that they don't have to admit that there's even a chance that things were easier for them.
View Quote
What makes you think life was easier for me? I went to college on a scholarship. In order to keep my scholarship I had to maintain a goa of above 3.5 and I had to work for 3.35 an hour. It's so stupid to think that Boomers should work an extra job to pay for student loans. I'm one of the youngest boomers there is (born in August of 64) and I graduated from college in Im 1987. That's 37 years ago. Why do I need to be paying off student debt? Oh do you mean I should be working extra to pay for your student debt? I've got a kid in college who is supporting himself. He's working and going to school and he's earned a scholarship. He's managing to get through school without going into debt so what again is your problem? Life isn't harder today than it was 40 years ago. Life is what you make of it and it is exceptionally hard for wussies. Don't be a wussie.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:42:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Nobody gives a shit that some 25 year old is bitching they can’t afford the same home or make as much as someone 55 or 65 that is 30-40 years ahead of them career wise.  Those guys are total dipshits.

The problem is, the 25 year old with the same potential, effort, drive, and accomplishments as me 30 years ago or you forty years ago just paid proportionally two or three times as much for the same degree, or same vehicles and equipment to start a business  as we did.

And the same exact same home/neighorhood/schools we paid the equivalent of 300K for then is now a 650K home.

Let alone that we did shit and said shit nobody gave a fuck about that will get them fired or cancelled now,
We got meritocratic advancement and our time and efforts were rewarded while the get shafted for not being a gay, handicapped, person of color and see those advancements go to lesser performing individuals.  While their schools try to get their kids to go trans and the cops/das/judges let shit happen in their neighborhoods that would not have been stood for in our time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

I believe in the future the history books will finally tell of the scourge that was Avacado Toast™, and how it destroyed at least 3 generations.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:42:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Many here are butt hurt because life just isn't fair.  A fair is where you go to sell a pig.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:43:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I believe in the future the history books will finally tell of the scourge that was Avacado Toast , and how it destroyed at least 3 generations.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What makes you think life was easier for me? I went to college on a scholarship. In order to keep my scholarship I had to maintain a goa of above 3.5 and I had to work for 3.35 an hour. It's so stupid to think that Boomers should work an extra job to pay for student loans. I'm one of the youngest boomers there is (born in August of 64) and I graduated from college in Im 1987. That's 37 years ago. Why do I need to be paying off student debt? Oh do you mean I should be working extra to pay for your student debt? I've got a kid in college who is supporting himself. He's working and going to school and he's earned a scholarship. He's managing to get through school without going into debt so what again is your problem? Life isn't harder today than it was 40 years ago. Life is what you make of it and it is exceptionally hard for wussies. Don't be a wussie.
View Quote

Raise your hand if you didn't read the article.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I believe in the future the history books will finally tell of the scourge that was Avacado Toast™, and how it destroyed at least 3 generations.

View Quote
I still don’t know what the fuck this avocado toast shit is.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
noice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g3RuoreRc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill be proud to fight ya

The Irish are a menace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTx-sdR6Yzk
noice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7g3RuoreRc

no can do frendo

nobody comes back from WW3

The zoomers are gonna get clapped right quick when theyre deciding what Fort Night Character to dress as for 3 hours

millennials are gonna slap their Syonix NVGs on their kids skate board helmet, forward assist a round into their Delton, shout "just as good" and run out the door and get gobbled up in a blue-on-blue turtle fuck.  Poor dumb bastards

Boomers are gonna starve to death when their zoomer care home CNAs don't show up, being dead and all.

Alphas just gonna go feral, back to the woods.  Couple might go Romulus and Remus and make Nue-Rome someday

gotta sing your death song on your own, probably on some knock of Air Pods you got at a CVS
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OK, everyone who believes things were way easier “back then” line up here at the Time Machine:  we all going back to (no internet, no computer, no smartphone, gas lines, double digit inflation, big $, big house etc.) boomer time so we can have it easy like they did!

Who’s with me…Beuler?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/18716/IMG_5711-3116474.jpg

I guess this means we’re also going to file for social security when eligible, even though we hate it and said we never would take it…you know, do the right thing for the children.
View Quote

We've done the research and math. Despite the higher interest rates of the 80s, houses still cost more now. College costs more now. Jobs pay less. There are more conveniences now. Those conveniences come with extra bills too. These are the facts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@eagarminuteman

i've told this story many times before but here we go.gif

i used to work with a bunch of useless jagoff b**mas who were so proud of themselves for buying their first house in 1988 five years out of college for $30k.

i googled the (brand new stahtah home at the time in a decent area) house from 1988 and naturally that's a (piece of shit beat down shitbox little house in a not great area) $600k house today for... reasons.

one of the useless FUPA b**mas wouldn't shut his fucking gaping cockholster so i finally snapped and asked what he was making in 1988.

FUPA b**ma:  $15k.

so that's like me five years out of skool making $300k/yr and buying my first house for $600k.

little does dumb motherfucker FUPA b**ma realize that adjusted for inflation/whateva i'm making a fraction of what he made.

same guy, same qualifications, same skillsets, same company, same job.

just 30-40 years later.

goddamn.

View Quote

Calculate the Value of $15,000 in 1988

Adjusted for inflation, $15,000 in 1988 is equal to $39,872 in 2024.

Internet be hard yo!
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:47:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
OK, everyone who believes things were way easier “back then” line up here at the Time Machine:  we all going back to (no internet, no computer, no smartphone, gas lines, double digit inflation, big $, big house etc.) boomer time so we can have it easy like they did!

Who’s with me…Beuler?

I guess this means we’re also going to file for social security when eligible, even though we hate it and said we never would take it…you know, do the right thing for the children.
View Quote

You also could not get away with being an absolute fucking moron like people do today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:47:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Who’s with me…Beuler?

View Quote

Shit I’d do it just to be able to buy a new machine gun. Nobody born after 1965 alive today has been able to do so.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:48:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I believe in the future the history books will finally tell of the scourge that was Avacado Toast , and how it destroyed at least 3 generations.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm tired of entitled brats whining that people with 30 years more experience are earning more than them and have bigger houses than them.

We've earned that by being successful, budgeting and saving and hard work.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Nobody gives a shit that some 25 year old is bitching they can't afford the same home or make as much as someone 55 or 65 that is 30-40 years ahead of them career wise.  Those guys are total dipshits.

Cados literally, literally grow on trees.

the avocado toast economy is a scam
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Calculate the Value of $15,000 in 1988

Adjusted for inflation, $15,000 in 1988 is equal to $39,872 in 2024.

Internet be hard yo!
View Quote

I think the point was that homes are no longer anywhere near double someone’s annual income. In fact I think median home price is like 6-7 times the median household income.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I still don't know what the fuck this avocado toast shit is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still don't know what the fuck this avocado toast shit is.

Attachment Attached File

it's good

got a grain mill down stairs, big old bucket of wheat berries

got a sourdough starter, ugly as all sin, smells nasty, but she farts good.

you get em together, in a pan at about 500 awww damn.

then, You take that crispy loaf out and you get yourself a proper cado

firm, like a plastic tity that's a little over confident

spread her around and know you're the richest man in Kentucky

excepting the Colonel

Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top