Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They said the same thing to Gen X.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blame the teachers. They have been pushing Millennials and Zoomers into college, vs. the trades. The shortage of construction and high building costs is creating the problem, not Boomers per se. Well, Boomer teachers are guilty as hell

Yep. I graduated HS in 1997. They were pushing that shit HARD in the 90s'. Created a whole stigma about the only people that went to tech school were the druggies and losers and poors. I'm still pissed about that bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I feel sorry for Zoomers, Alphas, and all the other members of the "Renter Generation."
America is never getting better in their lifetimes. Heck, the Alphas will probably see the collapse.
What a shitty time in history to be born... even more so if you're white and straight.
View Quote
i need the collapse to happen now whilst i'm still young enough to enjoy my post collapse career as a Negan-esque warlord in post apocalyptic seattle.

let's get this party started.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Another poor me thread.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
5-7 years ago houses were very affordable.

Rampant immigration may have tweaked that a bit but migration to free states has been a huge driver.

Inflation due to artificially low interest rates, however, is an order of magnitude bigger culprit.

Blame the federal reserve. Blame artificially low rates. Not boomers, not Gen X, not whatever other boogeyman you want. Blame the Fed.

View Quote
now do tents.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yay.  Another Boomer Bitchfest.

This site needs to be renamed.

boomerbitchers.com
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Were they expecting the boomers to sell them their house at a loss? They sound like the BLM types who were lecturing whites to give blacks their houses a few years ago
View Quote

Boomertardianism is very lightly repackaged BLM-type race hustling with age replacing race.

Blame the entire demographic for your problems
Claim the entire demographic conspired and continues to conspire against you via laws and regulations
Tell each other that all hope is lost, there is no way to succeed so all of their fellow crabs stay in the bucket
They're even dabbling in reparations via confiscation and redistribution of wealth

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yep. I graduated HS in 1997. They were pushing that shit HARD in the 90s'. Created a whole stigma about the only people that went to tech school were the druggies and losers and poors. I'm still pissed about that bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blame the teachers. They have been pushing Millennials and Zoomers into college, vs. the trades. The shortage of construction and high building costs is creating the problem, not Boomers per se. Well, Boomer teachers are guilty as hell

My guidance counselor in '90 said I was nuts to want to join the PD (I had already passed the easy hiring exam) instead of going away to college for 4 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Rampant immigration may have tweaked that a bit but migration to free states has been a huge driver.

Inflation due to artificially low interest rates, however, is an order of magnitude bigger culprit.

Blame the federal reserve. Blame artificially low rates. Not boomers, not Gen X, not whatever other boogeyman you want. Blame the Fed.

View Quote

Ron Paul tried to tell us.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My guidance counselor said I was nuts to want to join the PD instead of going away to college for 4 years.
View Quote
did you tell her " You guys think you're above the law... well you ain't above mine!"?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Google it. Varies by county.

Maricopa County (aka PHX) average house is $360k today. Anything under $325k is basically a crack house that needs to be gutted and have barred windows.

New builds are springing up outside the metro area, but they start at $350-$450k for a postage stamp lot, 3 bed 2 bath with 2 car garage, 1,300sq feet. Hardly the "McMansion"  Boomers claim Millennials want.

Great thing about the new builds is the +45 - 75 minutes commutes.

If you do average.

Average wage in PHX is $60k
Average Daycare is $1200
Average House is $360k
Average Rate 7%
Average gas is $4/gallon

So... How is a family of 4 going to afford that on $120k a year?

It's tough, and Boomers yelling "bootstrap" is not the solution.

If conservatives don't help find a solution, the Left will... And we all know their solution is trash.

View Quote

Someone will probably say move somewhere cheaper while forgetting that numbers like this are fairly applicable to anywhere with a good job market.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ron Paul tried to tell us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Someone will probably say move somewhere cheaper while forgetting that numbers like this are fairly applicable to anywhere with a good job market.
View Quote
cot dayum millennials.

should've moved to itchycunt nebraska and worked at dollar general seeing that dollar general is the only employment for 150 miles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:07:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
did you tell her " You guys think you're above the law... well you ain't above mine!"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My guidance counselor in '90 said I was nuts to want to join the PD (I had already passed the easy hiring exam) instead of going away to college for 4 years.

It was a dude in his mid to late twenties.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How about taking accountability for your own decisions. GD is fixated on blaming other generations for problems that they place upon themselves.
View Quote

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I genuinely wish the boomers as a whole would take accountability for being on watch during the biggest decline this country has ever had, and ruining every single institution that needs to be completely rebuilt, but can't be because they refuse to retire.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It was a dude in his mid to late twenties.
View Quote
did you tell him "Get muh pies outta da oven!"?

you should've.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I genuinely wish the boomers as a whole would take accountability for being on watch during the biggest decline this country has ever had, and ruining every single institution that needs to be completely rebuilt, but can't be because they refuse to retire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How about taking accountability for your own decisions. GD is fixated on blaming other generations for problems that they place upon themselves.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#17]
BOOMERS:

Over the counter building permits.
Handrawn, sure ok.
Cheap as hell.

MIL/GENZ:

6 month site plan review
Must get approval for house color
Must get approval for exterior cladding.
Must meet min sizing
Must be xyz are a million fucking requirements.
Must meet energy codes.
Must have a bunch of engineers/raters, energy, geo, etc.
COSTS A FUCK TON OF MONEY. $20,000+ for the permit
$10,000 environment impact fee.
$20,000 sewer connection fee.
$30,000 water tap fee.
8 months permit approval.

Oh but wait, there's an ARMY OF BOOMERS in the neighborhood who don't want you to build, because traffic, MAH HOME VALUE!!

So you have to fight all of that shit.

But don't forget about land prices being out of control.

Used to be $$$ per USABLE acre, now boomers are death gripping land wanting $$$ per EVERY acre.

What used to be a few bucks per, is now thousands per acre.

Then we can get into material costs.

Or how BOOMERS REFUSE TO teach millennials/gen z on the job site and just talk shit. Worthless!

The whole thing is FUCKED.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Houses are bigger. By code. Boomers changed the laws to outlaw starter sized homes anymore. I built just above the smallest house allowed by law, and my house is 1400 sq feet main level. Can't have them poors having small, cheap houses bringing down the property values for those reverse mortgages!
View Quote

Yup Boomers just shut down a tine house community in my county. They own the big houses, didnt build any, and are now gatekeeping to prevent smaller homes from being built.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#19]
In the 90s, people outsourced seemingly whatever they could to gain short term profit. Transition to a service economy and all that. They literally pulled up the ladder they themselves used to get ahead. The same thing is happening again with a massive influx of illiterate immigrants at the bottom end, and cheap H1B workers at the high end.
It’s easy to see why younger people think politicians and corporate leaders are screwing them with policies they’ll never have to deal with the negative effects of.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:14:51 AM EDT
[#21]
As a boomer , this thread makes me sad . Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that all you need, precious?
Here you go: it was all mommy and daddy's fault. Nobody nowhere ever had it as rough as you, it's not FAIR and you can't be blamed for anything you've ever done...except be a shining star!
All better?
Now, run along and play dress up in your sister's clothes like a big boy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here you go: it was all mommy and daddy's fault. Nobody nowhere ever had it as rough as you, it's not FAIR and you can't be blamed for anything you've ever done...except be a shining star!
All better?
View Quote
nice personal attack, brah.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
i need the collapse to happen now whilst i'm still young enough to enjoy my post collapse career as a Negan-esque warlord in post apocalyptic seattle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I feel sorry for Zoomers, Alphas, and all the other members of the "Renter Generation."
America is never getting better in their lifetimes. Heck, the Alphas will probably see the collapse.
What a shitty time in history to be born... even more so if you're white and straight.

P!nk - Get The Party Started (Official Video)
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In the 90s, people outsourced seemingly whatever they could to gain short term profit. Transition to a service economy and all that. They literally pulled up the ladder they themselves used to get ahead. The same thing is happening again with a massive influx of illiterate immigrants at the bottom end, and cheap H1B workers at the high end.
It’s easy to see why younger people think politicians and corporate leaders are screwing them with policies they’ll never have to deal with the negative effects of.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

The issue is now we have to import the H1Bs and third worlders because if we don’t, the SS checks will stop flowing. Birth rates have been on the decline for decades and now we’ve reached a point where the majority of people trying to start a family can’t afford housing. So what do we do? Import more to cover the deficit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All better?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All better?
When SHTF and we only have enough wind farm and tesla battery energy to charge our phones to post memes and fuck thots in exchange for a cotton candy THC vape refill and some avacado toast or keep the machines running in the ICU and nursing homes guess which switch we're going to throw?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
When SHTF and we only have enough wind farm and tesla battery energy to charge our phones to post memes and fuck thots in exchange for a cotton candy THC vape refill and some avacado toast or keep the machines running in the ICU and nursing homes guess which switch we're going to throw?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I'll fix everything then and retire July 1 then.

Except over 50% of the department is off ''sick'' or on kiddie leave and they are all NON boomers. Say what you will, but boomers actually show up for work, on time, and get their shit done. You roll the dice with the kiddies. [we should have 10 in the department, many days we have just 4.] The day I retire another one will go on extended sick leave for surgery.

The one deadbeat boomer wants to retire but is financially fooked, he's the same guy that somehow got VA beni's for hearing 25+ years after he got out because he bought a big dog MC with open pipes and ''coincidentally'' about a year before his hearing went to shit. Had no hearing issues before that and he was tested numerous times at work due to work requirements. Of course he didn't tell the VA anything about work related hearing tests.

They will never replace me because they don't even offer the services I used to do because ALL the younger generations didn't want to train for it so they farmed it out, then it went to shit [again, younger POS contractors] and it was sold off. [though they try to hide that fact to the previous customers] Of course the pay will never be as high because the paygrade for most will be 5 grades lower then I was in and about $12+ bucks an hour less. Almost $500 a week less is a lot.

18 working days, 5 of those are on jury duty, then it's all your kiddo's. Welcome to your suck at work. you earned it for the most part. The rest of it was 100% CEO and upper management fuckups and financial idiocy on their part.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#29]
I lasted into the first line before I called BULLSHIT and ejected.

I lived paycheck to paycheck and had multiple jobs for years when I was young too starting at 15 living on my own with no family that gave a shit. I lived in apartments (shacks) with 3 - 9 roommates and ate shitty cheap food when I was young trying to get through college "that I paid for myself and didn't get any loans or handouts for".

There were no bootstraps. Couldn't afford boots. Most of the time I wore cheap K-Mart clothes and falling apart sneakers. A lot of my jobs were working right alongside illegals that didn't speak English. Jobs no one wanted then and no one wants now.

There was no interwebz as you know it today. And if you wanted a computer, you built it yourself. We went to this place called a "library" to study and research .... and get out of the rain.

I get so sick of hearing this generation did that to another generation and this generation owes this to that generation.

Own your life situation and deal with it. YOU are responsible for your life, how you feel and what you do. And by the way, you aren't what you say or think. You are what you do. YOU are defined by YOUR actions.
In the great words of Glen Frey and the Eagles .... GET OVER IT!
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#30]
@crownvic96

that's the kind of attitude that gets one beaten to death with a TV remote in a shitty gubbmint run medicare nursing home by an illegal immigrant caretaker who makes $5/hr and has no fucks to give.

sayin'.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have to wait until SHTF to throw that switch? Damn I’d do it today for a crisp high five from JLP3 afterwards.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I lasted into the first line before I called BULLSHIT and ejected.

I lived paycheck to paycheck and had multiple jobs for years when I was young too starting at 15 living on my own with no family that gave a shit. I lived in apartments (shacks) with 3 - 9 roommates and ate shitty cheap food when I was young trying to get through college "that I paid for myself and didn't get any loans or handouts for".

There were no bootstraps. Couldn't afford boots. Most of the time I wore cheap K-Mart clothes and falling apart sneakers. A lot of my jobs were working right alongside illegals that didn't speak English. Jobs no one wanted then and no one wants now.

There was no interwebz as you know it today. And if you wanted a computer, you built it yourself. We went to this place called a "library" to study and research .... and get out of the rain.

I get so sick of hearing this generation did that to another generation and this generation owes this to that generation.

Own your life situation and deal with it. YOU are responsible for your life, how you feel and what you do. And by the way, you aren't what you say or think. You are what you do. YOU are defined by YOUR actions.
In the great words of Glen Frey and the Eagles .... GET OVER IT!
View Quote
and that, frens, is how a new copypasta is born.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:25:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Stay gold.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We have to wait until SHTF to throw that switch? Damn I'd do it today for a crisp high five from JLP3 afterwards.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#35]
We’ve had a long history of voting ourselves entitlements.  I can see the arguments that the boomers received the greatest benefit from all the entitlements and now the subsequent generations are paying for the cumulative sum of all the generations poor policy and economic choices.  

On the flip side, whining about the current state of affairs does nothing and society has to coddle everyone for every imaginable made up reason…keep in mind it’s the boomers who facilitated this nonsense, so there is a good amount of irony in this whole debacle.

We still live in the greatest nation in the world.  The opportunity for social mobility is unparalleled.  You can make 100k in this country with no education if you’re willing to work hard.  Your opportunities to make really good money exponentially increase with desirable skills from education.

In the end, blame is an exercise in futility.  Those that understand this will pull themselves up by their bootstraps, those that don’t will continue to whine and vote themselves entitlements.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@crownvic96

that's the kind of attitude that gets one beaten to death with a TV remote in a shitty gubbmint run medicare nursing home by an illegal immigrant caretaker who makes $5/hr and has no fucks to give.

sayin'.
View Quote
Just make sure they get Boomer McBootstraps to sign the DNR and Power of Attorney over to Avocado Toast Tito before strangling them to death with the Wii num-chuk cables that conveniently got left around to be used as garrote wires when Civil War Part 2: Bootstraps Make Great Nooses Boogaloo starts popping off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Stay gold, Ponyboy.

Stay gold.
View Quote
serious as a heart attack.

i saved that shit, bubba.

it's not often you witness the birth of a new copypasta.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Get back to me when house loan interest rates are the same as they were under carter.
View Quote

I’ve heard this bullshit before.  Even with those rates, houses were still cheaper overall.  Try again
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just make sure they get Boomer McBootstraps to sign the DNR and Power of Attorney over to Avocado Toast Tito before strangling them to death with the Wii num-chuk cables that conveniently got left around to be used as garrote wires when Civil War Part 2: Bootstraps Make Great Nooses Boogaloo starts popping off.
View Quote
fucker.

you just made me snort wudder through me nose.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:29:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’ve heard this bullshit before.  Even with those rates, houses were still cheaper overall.  Try again
View Quote

It’s funny watching interest rates be the first thing out of their mouths like that’s everything that determines mortgage payments.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We've had a long history of voting ourselves entitlements.  I can see the arguments that the boomers received the greatest benefit from all the entitlements and now the subsequent generations are paying for the cumulative sum of all the generations poor policy and economic choices.  

On the flip side, whining about the current state of affairs does nothing and society has to coddle everyone for every imaginable made up reason keep in mind it's the boomers who facilitated this nonsense, so there is a good amount of irony in this whole debacle.

We still live in the greatest nation in the world.  The opportunity for social mobility is unparalleled.  You can make 100k in this country with no education if you're willing to work hard.  Your opportunities to make really good money exponentially increase with desirable skills from education.

In the end, blame is an exercise in futility.  Those that understand this will pull themselves up by their bootstraps, those that don't will continue to whine and vote themselves entitlements.
View Quote
$100k is the new $50k and $50k ain't shit in 2024.

try again, hoss.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are affordable cars and houses out there if you don't demand to live like an entitled person. I'm looking for a 'divorce house' and keeping it at $150k or less and there are a lot out there.
View Quote

Ah more bullshit.  Most of those affordable homes aren’t near jobs or are in terrible areas.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

"They" were saying the same thing in the 70's, and to a certain extent it was correct. If you weren't born into a trade and apprenticed as a teenager, you went to (in Philly at least) a public Vo-Tech high school with a crap reputation. (although AFAIK, people that were not fuck-ups did manage to successfully get hired into the trades)

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's funny watching interest rates be the first thing out of their mouths like that's everything that determines mortgage payments.
View Quote
WHUT IM OWNED

PLUS INTEREST SONI BOI

wait, what?
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe if they'd stop buying the latest and greatest iPhone every year and a new $100k truck every three years, they'd be able to afford a mortgage.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#46]
If you're an able-bodied American blaming others for your problems, I have ZERO sympathy for you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe if they'd stop buying the latest and greatest iPhone every year and a new $100k truck every three years, they'd be able to afford a mortgage.
View Quote
*looks at $4000 20 year old honda accord in driveway*

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
What generation are Bernanke, Yellen, and Powell from?

How about Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama, and Trump?  They all routinely signed spending bills driving deficits.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ah more bullshit.  Most of those affordable homes aren't near jobs or are in terrible areas.
View Quote
just get yourself a harbour freight blue tarp on sale and camp down by the river.

simple as, my dude.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Houses back in the day only cost 3x to 4x the average salary. Now it's 7x to 8x.  The same with cars.
View Quote

With a 12+ percent interest rate, home computers were rare, no cell phones and one TV per household.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top