BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Two happiest days in a boat owner's life:

1. the day you buy it
2. the day you sell it

Boats are a never ending money pit. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Where about in VA area you? You don’t mind me cutting up bait and pulling a large catfish onboard do you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Two happiest days in a boat owner's life:

1. the day you buy it
2. the day you sell it

Boats are a never ending money pit. Enjoy!
View Quote

Never heard that before. Ever. Did you come up with that on your own?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Well that's pretty.  Hope you really enjoy it.  Looks like a decent amount of good advice here already, better than I could offer.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats sweet. Make sure you put the plug in.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you name it some lame ass stupid nautical pun name I’m going to punt a baby Haitian through the uprights,
View Quote

You mean something like

“Fuelish Pleasure”

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Fricken sweet!  I’m sure you guys will enjoy that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks great compared to my little crappie stick steer
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh man, that's a nice boat.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet but get yourself a SeaTow membership or BoatUS coverage and don’t ever let it lapse. Hopefully you’ll never need it but if you ever do....
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Beautiful boat OP.

Where do the rod holders and downriggers go?
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This one has a Volvo 350hp motor...have heard mixed things. Maxes out around 45mph.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of boat for a single prop and those trim tabs. Regal knows what they're doing though, so I'm going to make the assumption that they've got it dialed in. Docking might be a little interesting, but you'll sort it out

I did have a guy bring a 24' Regal in to my marina at one point to have us swap out the trim tabs for custom jobs that were probably 50% more surface area. If I remember correctly, his issue was trying to tow tubers with a 24' cuddy cabin with a 5.0L Merc. Just not enough juice to get the bow down.
This one has a Volvo 350hp motor...have heard mixed things. Maxes out around 45mph.

Dry weight on that boat is almost 7600 lbs. Add 73 US gallons of fuel, gear, groceries & fresh water,  people,  batteries (batteries are typically not added in to dry weight), you're going to be somewhere around 9k lbs.

For 350hp to push 9k lbs 45mph , I'm thinking you would need ... let's say... a somewhat unpleasant tailwind.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Dry weight on that boat is almost 7600 lbs. Add 73 US gallons of fuel, gear, groceries & fresh water,  people,  batteries (batteries are typically not added in to dry weight), you're going to be somewhere around 9k lbs.

For 350hp to push 9k lbs 45mph , I'm thinking you would need ... let's say... a somewhat unpleasant tailwind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a lot of boat for a single prop and those trim tabs. Regal knows what they're doing though, so I'm going to make the assumption that they've got it dialed in. Docking might be a little interesting, but you'll sort it out

I did have a guy bring a 24' Regal in to my marina at one point to have us swap out the trim tabs for custom jobs that were probably 50% more surface area. If I remember correctly, his issue was trying to tow tubers with a 24' cuddy cabin with a 5.0L Merc. Just not enough juice to get the bow down.

25-30 mph is a bit more realistic.   But your speed will increase as the fuel weight is rapidly reduced.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I/O  
View Quote
He has never owned one, so he does not understand yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#16]
A Fiberglass boat with an IO? That just seems like a maintenance nightmare. But I'm in the PNW and this place is not kind to fiberglass boats.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!  My family has such a great time on the water. Go make some memories.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A Fiberglass boat with an IO? That just seems like a maintenance nightmare. But I'm in the PNW and this place is not kind to fiberglass boats.
View Quote
its fine

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
May Neptune have mercy on your dumbass.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#21]
OP come join us on https://www.thehulltruth.com forums. Lots of good info and it's the ar15 of the boating forum. You will make a lot of good memories in that.

I have a small fishing boat and a 30 foot fun boat with 500 HP.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:12:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The two best days of a man's life.

The day he buys a boat.

...and the day he sells it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#24]
My parents have always had boats and we did a lot of stuff camping and such. They have upgraded through the years and now have a Crownline 294CR. It's a hell of a boat. 2 sleeping areas, bathroom, small kitchen, etc. It's impressive. I think people buy boats before they know what it takes to own them. That's where trouble begins.

If you do your research and really look at the downsides of boat ownership, you can prepare and be happy with your purchase. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Pull the props every month and grease. If not, them make sure you own a sledge hammer, torch, drill, lube, and patience, oh and buy new props when you smack them. They sell a special tool to get the inner nut off, buy that. They say 3-6 months, but that wasn't my experience in saltwater lift kept.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:18:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The day he buys a boat.

View Quote

That and Break Out Another Thousand, every time you use it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:28:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn, beautiful boat OP...congratulations! You'll build family memories on that thing that'll make it worth every dime.

I've banged on too much about this, but if it's in the budget do a storage, maintenance and concierge service. Add in a marina slip and 99% of the boating headaches and ass-pain literally disappear. Take the launch ramp drama and maintenance hours out of the equation (unless that's what you're into), and you'll find you and the family are looking for every excuse you can find to take the boat out.

That rocks...winning at life!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My 7-year-old wants to name it Sea Angel, with a picture of a mermaid above the name...lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you name it some lame ass stupid nautical pun name I'm going to punt a baby Haitian through the uprights,
My 7-year-old wants to name it Sea Angel, with a picture of a mermaid above the name...lol.

He just wants to see boobs.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What kind of coal does she burn?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Grew up on boats and you make some great memories out on the water. Do everything slowly on the water. Little adjustments go a long ways. Make sure the engine vent is working properly so you don't blow up. Put the plug in BEFORE you launch. The most important thing is have fun and be safe. Don't  be the guy on Youtube with his boat on the jetty.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Good looking boat have fun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s 100% more imaginative than Nauti Bouy!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Never heard that before. Ever. Did you come up with that on your own?
View Quote

I’m sure he did we got some smart fellers on here!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The day he buys a boat.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The day he buys a boat.

If you like being on the water, that saying is complete bullshit that is repeated by idiots.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#36]
The Lonely Island - I'm On A Boat (Explicit Version) ft. T-Pain (Official Video)
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:06:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about boats, but damn that's nice. Congrats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Grew up on boats and you make some great memories out on the water. Do everything slowly on the water. Little adjustments go a long ways. Make sure the engine vent is working properly so you don't blow up. Put the plug in BEFORE you launch. The most important thing is have fun and be safe. Don't  be the guy on Youtube with his boat on the jetty.
View Quote

If you come from a family of boaters you know this...open the engine compartment and check the oil before going out for the day. Chances of the oil being low are tiny, but it thoroughly exhausts any built up gas fumes and lets you ensure your (automatic) float switch and bilge pump are working correctly. Then religiously run the fan after refuel for the recommended time period and long slogs at slow speed. Safety warnings are written in blood, and the fume danger with I/Os is real.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#40]
looks nice, i hope you get lots of enjoyment from it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned yet but get yourself a SeaTow membership or BoatUS coverage and don’t ever let it lapse. Hopefully you’ll never need it but if you ever do....
View Quote

Worth repeating.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#42]
nice boat. make sure you put the 150k you have set aside for repairs and maintance somewhere its making more than the .1% a savings account pays. money market should get you 1.25% or so.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice boat man. I would've spent it on a Ferrari with less maintenance
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you like being on the water, that saying is complete bullshit that is repeated by idiots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The day he buys a boat.

It really isn’t. I’ve had a bunch of boats and as great a day as the purchase day was, the sale day was at least equal. When it’s time to sell a boat, for whatever reason, the day it sells is a great day.

Not that I haven’t missed the boats I’ve sold, I’ve missed everyone in one way or another. Its just that when it’s time to sell, it’s time to sell.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Beautiful boat!  I used to have a 2150 bayliner.  We tubed, spent the night, fished, just had such a great time.  Very sad when I sold it, but it was time.  

I wish you and your fam MANY great years of fun and togetherness (I had sold my motorcycle to buy my bayliner b/c I felt guilty leaving the fam to go riding on beautiful days...I figured I'd get a bike again after the kids got older).  

OKAY!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE tell me that that is NOT the Volvo Penta composite (read: plastic) XDP outdrive.  I couldn't tell in the pics.  If it is, we need to talk.

As someone else said, get an old copy of Chapman's.  Try to track down a copy of The Power Boating Bible (it might be out of print...I also might have a spare somewhere if you can't find one).

Our jam on day trips was to keep a bag of one of those alfredo family chicken meals in the freezer...one frying pan and you had a decent meal for the whole fam.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#46]
That's a huge bitch.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a Regal Dealer and have that almost identical boat in my showroom now. Let me know if I can help out at all and enjoy that boat!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#48]
I got a guy that’s supposed to come look at my boat to buy it today.

But congrats, I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
That ain't no starter boat!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Check out these 2 youtube channels on how not to dock your boat.

Watch his Boat ramp The Chit Show
and
The Miami boat ramps channel

When is the ARFCOM boat party?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top