Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What an idiot...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

All of the Bren frames had that logo, every one of them, whether they passed QC or not. When they went bankrupt, station wagon loads of parts were removed, mostly junk.... 1400 guns were actually made. This includes SMs, MSMs and SFL/ SFD. Those are parts guns, and are junk. There are proper guns out there, and they should be magnafluxed and x rayed for casting flaws. Both of mine are safe to shoot, but they are safe queens, and never see the light of day.
View Quote
That actually wouldn't be surprising. A number of years ago a local group tried to build motorcycles to compete with Harley but after a few years it went tits up. I have heard from two former employees that the last of the bikes off the line were put together with parts that had not passed QC but they were just slapping them together to fill orders. Probably a common practice for failed businesses.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know why he did the relief cuts.  They were Special Forces models.  He ground out the Special Forces engraving.  Here is one that he didn't alter:

https://i.imgur.com/iKDNNvx.jpg
View Quote
I figured they were a slightly prettier version of scribbling over rollmarks with a vibropen.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That is pretty sad, I always wanted a Bren 10.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is very interesting. I did not know that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the Bren frames had that logo, every one of them, whether they passed QC or not. When they went bankrupt, station wagon loads of parts were removed, mostly junk.... 1400 guns were actually made. This includes SMs, MSMs and SFL/ SFD. Those are parts guns, and are junk. There are proper guns out there, and they should be magnafluxed and x rayed for casting flaws. Both of mine are safe to shoot, but they are safe queens, and never see the light of day.
That is very interesting. I did not know that.
The most interesting part to me is that all the parts were hauled away in station wagons...
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
hahahaha
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Where's VLTOR when we need them?
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:58:54 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys know you can find a good S&W 1006 for about $6 or $800 right? And you can shoot it too.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:29:56 AM EDT
[#12]
That's not OK. 
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 2:30:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Those are hideous.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
NOT making the Fortis/Bren Ten, that’s for fucking sure.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top