Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:44:43 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

"Silverback" is the leader of the Southern Arizona Militia.

Attachment Attached File

Last year, Silverback agreed to allow Lisa Ling to take part in a militia training day for her CNN show "This is Life" to correct what he says is a bad rap from the press.

Ling: You know, federal agencies consider militia groups and patriot movement groups to be extremists. Would you consider yourself an extremist?

Silverback: In a good way? Yes. Most certainly.

Airing Sunday at 10 pm on CNN..

Why would anyone willingly let CNN onto their property or even speak to them??
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
FLL and I would

FLL...
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
His ego and naivety has led him to believe that he'll control the narrative.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If we only left her when she got stuck in North Korea
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because honest people foolishly believe that telling the truth will not be left on the editing room's floor, so CNN can trample on it, AND the Bill of Rights.

People, wake up. Dishonest liars in charge will always make you look bad. Period.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
This won’t go the way he expects!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I know CNN is a joke, but haven't heard anything especially negative about Lisa Ling.  Is there something I missed? 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
He looks like the guy in the militia in Georgia from the thread a few days ago.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#8]
So embedded with the FBI..  Seems plausible.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was her sister Laura. Lisa did do an excellent documentary about NOK for Nat Geo Explorer.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I know CNN is a joke, but haven't heard anything especially negative about Lisa Ling.  Is there something I missed? 
View Quote
Yes; the editing process.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
And, I'm guessing it won't take much effort on CNN's part to make him and his group look like a bunch of racist loons.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes; the editing process.
View Quote
Are reporters directly involved with it?  I would think that is more along the lines of the producer, but will freely admit I'm ignorant of such things.  I haven't found anyone to hate so far today, please enlighten me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]
So next she'll be showing up for the Arizona Redneck Revolt's 'range day'?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#14]
CNN really has no idea what to report on now that Hillary is widely viewed as a huge pathetic failure.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#15]
ITT we act like liberals and bash something we know nothing about before it even airs.

It's not like the media has a great track record of reporting on militias.  

I have watched a few of her specials.  She shows one side first.  Then she talks about the other side.  I'm curious if she will follow the same format here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He looks like the guy in the militia in Georgia from the thread a few days ago.
View Quote
 There's that fancy Edit Room Floor hard at it again .. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes sense if you are an attention whore and that is your purpose for doing what you do. If I was the leader of a paramilitary group preparing for armed conflict showing up in public armed and wearing battle rattle to get media attention would be frowned upon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey, at least these guys have matching uniforms. That puts them ahead of those III% guys from the other thread.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Process and editing has already been done, we'll see a bunch of clowns shoot their own foot, running around bumping into each other.

I hope they had someone in their camp recording as well to have proof and rebuke the snake FNN's narrative.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are reporters directly involved with it?  I would think that is more along the lines of the producer, but will freely admit I'm ignorant of such things.  I haven't found anyone to hate so far today, please enlighten me.
View Quote
While the Enola Gay was being restored, you could tell when the anniversary of it's use was getting close, because of the number of reporters showing up and asking for interviews.  

One guy was designated to handle all of the news crews from Japan, and those interviews typically lasted for an hour or more, even when they were wanting something for what might be a few minutes of air time.  He said that they would ask each question at least twice during the interview, changing up what they had asked just before that question (slightly altering the context or trying to put him on a different train of thought).  He said it was very obvious what the reporters were trying to do, and there was one incident where he nearly lost his job over some very creative editing that was done in Japan.

The reporter's job is to create the opportunity for the creative editing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:12:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd ring-a-ding-ling the shit out of her!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Excellent and accurate observation
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#23]
If these guys were serious, they would not invite reporters into their hive    stupid.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Regardless of the news outlet, I wonder why these militias would too. Is it some sad desire for notoriety, or some misguided belief the mass media will tell their story in a good light?

EDIT: And, why can't these people stop using retarded "call-signs?!"
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#25]
So I guess the media has decided to revive the "militia" boogeyman again since the Nazis didn't pan out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That has to be the reasoning, or he's an egomaniac.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ITT we act like liberals and bash something we know nothing about before it even airs.
View Quote
I don't need to watch it to know that what I posted above is true. It's CNN. They probably had to throw out four years of programming plans and start all over again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#28]
There will be at least six colonel and three XDs in Ace Holsters.

Code name Silverback? Really? LOL.... WTF does he think he is? G.I. Joe?

Fucking ego tripping over themselves as wanna be authority figures. Every single one of them from what I have seen personally in real life want to be in a position of authority. They all believe that they will be the county sheriff or local magistrate and dispense their idea of justice and government once the collapse happens. The majority of these people aren't exactly patriots. They're psychological profiles of folks with issues of authority figures that want to be authority figures. The fact that they all go by high rank and want to be the new law/government when the shit hits the fan is revealing.  

Some of the legit militias that I've seen don't do any of that. They don't use rank. They don't advertise. They don't call themselves a militia. They do a lot more than smoke, drink beer, and shoot in the woods. They do first aid training. They do disaster relief training. They do communications. They prep, they prepare, they practice. But they don't advertise about it.  

No ranks, no stickers, no patches, no uniforms, no nothing. 

These jokers and their kind are all attention seekers that for the most part can't be a citizen volunteer for their local police department because they wouldn't pass the first phase and initial application due to their backgrounds. 

I'm all for private citizens owning arms, training, and being in like minded groups. But the ones that do it right don't talk about it. They do their shit and live normal lives. Every single organized militia that I have seen for the most part is a gaggle of wannabes that can't hack it and play Rambo and go "LOOK AT ME!"

Some of the more serious militia type groups that I have seen have no names, are made up of folks from different backgrounds, don't parade around as folk with fake rank, etc.... 

They are normal folk, that own guns, that train at respectable places and from valid instructors, and are willing to work together and help each other. Once again, the best ones I've seen do more than smoke, drink, and shoot guns in the woods. They go over medical training, disaster relief, how to set up generators, clean and filter water, etc.... 

I'm all for citizen soldiers. But sunshine patriots are something I'm not for. These types of folks are sunshine patriots. They want to be the Rick Grimes and the Negans of TWD. They want to be the bad ass motherfucker and leader. 

The real world does not operate like that and usually these types of folks collapse when the SHTF and the real bad ass motherfuckers come in and kill them and take their shit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
In my experience, the editorial process is performed by the editing staff over which the reporter doesn't exert direct control.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Makes sense if you are an attention whore and that is your purpose for doing what you do. If I was the leader of a paramilitary group preparing for armed conflict showing up in public armed and wearing battle rattle to get media attention would be frowned upon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.... what happens in Militia stays in Militia. First rule of Militia. Don't talk about it to anyone. Second rule of militia. Don't talk about it to anyone. 

The legit ones I have witnessed are very low key. They don't have stickers on their cars, they don't have patches, they don't show up to protests doing stupid shit, and they don't go on CNN or VICE. 

I am all in favor of Americans properly exercising their 2nd Amendment rights. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you miss the part about her "reporting" for CNN?

[I know you didn't because you said CNN in your post; I was being facetious.]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fucking ego tripping over themselves as wanna be authority figures. Every single one of them from what I have seen personally in real life want to be in a position of authority. They all believe that they will be the county sheriff or local magistrate and dispense their idea of justice and government once the collapse happens. The majority of these people aren't exactly patriots. They're psychological profiles of folks with issues of authority figures that want to be authority figures. The fact that they all go by high rank and want to be the new law/government when the shit hits the fan is revealing.  

Some of the legit militias that I've seen don't do any of that. They don't use rank. They don't advertise. They don't call themselves a militia. They do a lot more than smoke, drink beer, and shoot in the woods. They do first aid training. They do disaster relief training. They do communications. They prep, they prepare, they practice. But they don't advertise about it.  

These jokers and their kind are all attention seekers that for the most part can't be a citizen volunteer for their local police department because they wouldn't pass the first phase and initial application due to their backgrounds. 

I'm all for private citizens owning arms, training, and being in like minded groups. But the ones that do it right don't talk about it. They do their shit and live normal lives. Every single organized militia that I have seen for the most part is a gaggle of wannabes that can't hack it and play Rambo and go "LOOK AT ME!"

Some of the more serious militia type groups that I have seen have no names, are made up of folks from different backgrounds, don't parade around as folk with fake rank, etc.... 

They are normal folk, that own guns, that train at respectable places and from valid instructors, and are willing to work together and help each other. Once again, the best ones I've seen do more than smoke, drink, and shoot guns in the woods. They go over medical training, disaster relief, how to set up generators, clean and filter water, etc.... 

I'm all for citizen soldiers. But sunshine patriots are something I'm not for. These types of folks are sunshine patriots. They want to be the Rick Grimes and the Negans of TWD. They want to be the bad ass motherfucker and leader. 

The real world does not operate like that and usually these types of folks collapse when the SHTF and the real bad ass motherfuckers come in and kill them and take their shit.
View Quote
, fully agree
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#35]
im dissapointed, usually "militias" are just fat old fucks who wore a shit magnet into a surplus store.

These guys actually look like they put in effort.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
You must have this on copy and paste
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hey, at least these guys have matching uniforms. That puts them ahead of those III% guys from the other thread.
View Quote
The Founding Fathers didn't wear matching uniforms!!!!  #stayinyourlane   

Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Regardless of the news outlet, I wonder why these militias would too. Is it some sad desire for notoriety, or some misguided belief the mass media will tell their story in a good light?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exposure maybe.  My Great Uncle (grand da's brother) made moonshine and he bought a different farm and moved. Well he couldn't take out an ad in the paper saying So-n-So is now selling whiskey at <address>, so he just got busted with moonshine and it made the front page of the paper. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like someone gnawed off the tip of ol' Silverback's trigger finger, possibly during combat at the Golden Corral, and the gentleman to his right is wearing a tactical shawl.  They look serious.

And I'm with you fellers - how dumb/egomaniacal would one have to be to let CNN cameras in?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't expect anything good from the agenda driven MSM.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#41]
This is one of those times I can honestly reply, Who?  I've lived in Southern AZ for 20 years and have never heard of these guys.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#42]
"We embedded........"

Did they go into an actual combat zone with that group?

The resulting hit piece is going to be "sensational".
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Attachment Attached File

Hell, maybe I'm going to take some lumps for saying this, although I 100% support their right to do what they're doing; they look like complete damned idiots in the poses they've adopted in that picture.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
CNN really has no idea what to report on now that Hillary is widely viewed as a huge pathetic failure.
View Quote
This, and they will snatch at anything they can fabricate into "news" to work their narrative.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327183/IMG_2584-340540.JPG

Hell, maybe I'm going to take some lumps for saying this, although I 100% support their right to do what they're doing; they look like complete damned idiots in the poses they've adopted in that picture.
View Quote
im guilty of the pose silverback is doing.

a lot.

buttstocks make good armrests
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
im dissapointed, usually "militias" are just fat old fucks who wore a shit magnet into a surplus store.

These guys actually look like they put in effort.
View Quote
A lot of them are actually out there in the AZ desert defending their property.

The constant stream of Jimmy Grants carrying what becomes trash (clothing, water jugs, etc.) are destroying the southwest; where are the do-gooder environmentalists when we need them to actually care about something?

Oh, they care about the MTBers making tire tracks on rocks but not the tons of trash dumped by nor the plant and wildlife trampled by the Jimmies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Flat out.

I have zero problem with private militias.

Our country was founded on them and they are one of the key deterrents to a tyrannical government.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top