Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Andy Stumpf (Cleared Hot Podcast) does some great interviews and his with Mike Glover was pretty good.  This was from just before the election in 2020.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMU3AfxnnjQ

Glover's partner and former Delta guy Kevin Owens is pretty interesting too.  From Ireland, served in the Irish Military (Ranger), got out did odd jobs, did contract work in Somalia.  Came to the US, ended up joining the Army went Infantry and later SF.  Really interesting guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgqg6AFz03o
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipley has had a number of issues. For one, he married a Gold Star (Patsy, Dietz's widow). He did not go into details on the podcast about his relationship with his father, and I felt that was something left unsettled that I would have liked to have covered more in the show.

Shawn Ryan has one of the best podcasts out there. His first podcast, with Mike Glover, and Mike Glover's early podcast with Shawn Ryan are gold. Shawn Ryan talking about living in South America and becoming cozy with the local cartels/militias was incredible. I believe this was while he was still contracting. Great stuff.

Andy Stumpf (Cleared Hot Podcast) does some great interviews and his with Mike Glover was pretty good.  This was from just before the election in 2020.

Glover's partner and former Delta guy Kevin Owens is pretty interesting too.  From Ireland, served in the Irish Military (Ranger), got out did odd jobs, did contract work in Somalia.  Came to the US, ended up joining the Army went Infantry and later SF.  Really interesting guy.

I've been hitting the Stumpf, Glover and Owens rotations pretty hard lately.

Between Cleared Hot, Mike Force, FieldCraft podcasts there's a ton of great practical, useful, thought provoking contented being generated on a range of topics.

I'll have to add Shawn Ryan to the rotation too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Between Cleared Hot, Mike Force, FieldCraft podcasts there's a ton of great practical, useful, thought provoking contented being generated on a range of topics.

View Quote

Shawn Ryan's podcasts are few and far between but each one is excellent. They are well-produced and great content throughout. They are also great for long drives as they are generally at least 3 - 4  hours long.

As mentioned above, Kevin Owens is also great. In fact, he is my favorite guest of the Fieldcraft guys, including Glover. Owens speaks his mind and holds nothing back, including politics. I enjoy each podcast he is on.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Negative. They explain why they are shooting SIGs. It is the reason why DEVGRU assaulters are now using P320 X5's.

When you grow up shooting thousands and thousands of rounds out of something that isn't a Glock, then the Glocks grip angle is a fucked up thing.
View Quote

Glock is gay,. But those "well these guys use it, so it's da best" is a lame argument too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure, if they tie him up and kill him.

Too soon?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shipley has had a number of issues. For one, he married a Gold Star (Patsy, Dietz's widow). He did not go into details on the podcast about his relationship with his father, and I felt that was something left unsettled that I would have liked to have covered more in the show.

Shawn Ryan has one of the best podcasts out there. His first podcast, with Mike Glover, and Mike Glover's early podcast with Shawn Ryan are gold. Shawn Ryan talking about living in South America and becoming cozy with the local cartels/militias was incredible. I believe this was while he was still contracting. Great stuff.

Add Mike Ritland (mic drop) to the mix too. His podcast with Lara Logan is one of the best I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You have some of the worlds best willing to teach and share their knowledge that could very well save your life and the lives of your loved ones yet you dismiss it because of a hat?  I don't like BRCC either but that's just stupid.  Seriously.  That's dumb.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
guy is wearing a BRCC hat.  Yeah, fuck everything about this vid.  If he's a bro vet, I'm not interested in the vid.

You have some of the worlds best willing to teach and share their knowledge that could very well save your life and the lives of your loved ones yet you dismiss it because of a hat?  I don't like BRCC either but that's just stupid.  Seriously.  That's dumb.  

Dirt shooters...
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Somebody is on the Sig payroll…just sayin…
View Quote

The guy training a lot of these dudes on pistol is rockin' a sig. And he can shoot whatever the hell he wants.

May have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:54:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't listen to enemies of the Constitution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for confirming I need to ignore everything that comes out of their stupid fucking mouths

Ignoring what they say or teach is fucking stupid. But more power to ya, brah.

I don't listen to enemies of the Constitution.
I sure as hell do. Information doesn't have a conscience or a political affiliation. You should be willing to learn from anyone who can teach you something.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Those boys are special all right

Like STFU already....greasy gun salesman.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And there is a huge difference between making sure someone can safely and competently participate in the training and just flat out saying "no civilians"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for confirming I need to ignore everything that comes out of their stupid fucking mouths

When you start getting at a certain level of training courses, vetting is non negotiable when it comes to skill and if you are physically and mentally equipped to take the class.

If you show up to XYZ class and wlare not up to speed, not only are you hurting yourself by becoming frustrated and disgruntled, you are bringing the whole class down and you become "that guy."

And there is a huge difference between making sure someone can safely and competently participate in the training and just flat out saying "no civilians"

And that difference could just simply be time to cycle teams, vs time to cycle Civs.  It's also still a business, and you have to make that decision around money as well.

Plenty of great training for civilians by awesome folks.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 1:59:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I recently started dipping my toes, and so far I'm a fan.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/CB1D5FC1-D783-4994-B5C3-48BA79B2E02D-2188529.jpg

First thing to note, is that the grip seems a lot more comfortable for my hand. Fits better. These particular guns shoot flat as shit. They feel quite natural to aim. Triggers are great.

Only have about 1K rounds down the pipe, currently waiting on the red dot mounts to come in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's hot.  I'm an admitted Glock fanboy and Sig hater, but I have a 365 XL that's decent enough and i've been thinking real hard about an Xcarry Compact recently.

I recently started dipping my toes, and so far I'm a fan.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/275845/CB1D5FC1-D783-4994-B5C3-48BA79B2E02D-2188529.jpg

First thing to note, is that the grip seems a lot more comfortable for my hand. Fits better. These particular guns shoot flat as shit. They feel quite natural to aim. Triggers are great.

Only have about 1K rounds down the pipe, currently waiting on the red dot mounts to come in.
I've had the same experience. I put mine together to shoot in competitions and it just feels great in the hand. I need to put together a compact for carry because mine is a full size with a PMM comp and it carries like a brick, that or I need to find a better holster combo. I still carry a G19 but man, the Sig just feels better in the hand.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

GD operators have far more experience.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not yet.

Need to get a Safariland 6390 ordered, just haven't yet.

Agency. Guns are full Agency builds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You got a holster you like for those?

Not yet.

Need to get a Safariland 6390 ordered, just haven't yet.
Quoted:

I thought it was only your MP7 pics that made me drool.  

What triggers are those?

Agency. Guns are full Agency builds.
I have a 6390 RDS for the Streamlight and using it with the TLR-9 instead of the TLR-1 HL is awesome. The slimmer nature makes for a really smooth draw with no loss of security and I like the switch better.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Add Mike Ritland (mic drop) to the mix too. His podcast with Lara Logan is one of the best I've heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks just followed.

It's a great time to be alive where there's all the vehicles to find and take on information.

The key is sorting the wheat and chaff but that's true always. But these days you can onboard a metric shiton of information on nearly any subject of interest through an interesting array of pipelines.

My Grandfather stayed pretty switched on but the power of the internet was lost on him. If someone is disciplined about the information they consume (and apply it practically obviously) you can educate yourself to some degree on so many different topics.

Well, that and titties too. If we're being honest about the power of the internet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those boys are special all right

Like STFU already....greasy gun salesman.
View Quote

Canadian? lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:09:42 PM EDT
[#18]

FNX 45 FTMFW

j/k

Mines nice but as I am 5'3" tall, I don't carry it at all. Makes me list to starboard.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't like the BRCC hat, but Mike is definitely not a bro vet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
guy is wearing a BRCC hat.  Yeah, fuck everything about this vid.  If he's a bro vet, I'm not interested in the vid.

Don't like the BRCC hat, but Mike is definitely not a bro vet.

He also was a Delta guy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread is fun.

Prof training guy:  Welcome to Combat handgun fundamentals 101. We will be going over the basics of combat handgun or whatever.
GD Operator: Bro, Is that a full size Sig in a holster? You expect me to follow your instruction without you using gods gun the Glock 19? It's the best concealed handgun period!
Prof training guy:  Ok, yeah, the G19 is great, and I use that for CC as well, but this is a combat handgun course, so we are focused on the best tool, a full size handgun in a holster.
GD Operatorer guy:  Seriously? Dude, put some grip extensions on the G19 and it fucks! Honestly you should try it!.....  Um. is that BRCC coffee I smell in your combat mug?
Prof Training guy: It's not a combat mug I .....   A fuck it, civilians out for now on, this is stupid.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:24:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He also was a Delta guy.
View Quote

I didn't think he was Delta.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This thread is fun.

Prof training guy:  Welcome to Combat handgun fundamentals 101. We will be going over the basics of combat handgun or whatever.
GD Operator: Bro, Is that a full size Sig in a holster? You expect me to follow your instruction without you using gods gun the Glock 19? It's the best concealed handgun period!
Prof training guy:  Ok, yeah, the G19 is great, and I use that for CC as well, but this is a combat handgun course, so we are focused on the best tool, a full size handgun in a holster.
GD Operatorer guy:  Seriously? Dude, put some grip extensions on the G19 and it fucks! Honestly you should try it!.....  Um. is that BRCC coffee I smell in your combat mug?
Prof Training guy: It's not a combat mug I .....   A fuck it, civilians out for now on, this is stupid.

View Quote

LOL.  Pretty spot on.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This thread is fun.

View Quote

This made me giggle.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Eh, classic SIG is best SIG. DA/SA all day.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Per his statements; he passed Selection, made it through OTC and was assigned to a squadron.  Once in his squadron he fucked up and got kicked back to SF where he went to a CIF (which is where I think he met Owens).
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:05:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He also was a Delta guy.

He discussed it on several podcasts.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Per his statements; he passed Selection, made it through OTC and was assigned to a squadron.  Once in his squadron he fucked up and got kicked back to SF where he went to a CIF (which is where I think he met Owens).

Quoted:

Interesting.  Just started his Shawn Ryan interview.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Watching DJ Shipley/Sean Ryan on YouTube.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
That's quite a long infomercial
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:15:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

He had an issue with another member of CAG. I have not heard him go into further detail as to what happened other than it was a situation where two personalities clashed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This thread is fun.

View Quote
GD board operator- ugh, you're a commie that hates the constitution because you don't open your doors to EVeRyoNe.  2a hater.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This thread is fun.

View Quote

Truth!
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Part 2 is up.
Can Former NAVY SEALS Convince a Former GREEN BERET to Switch to Sig Sauer - PART 2
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Its basically another Sig commercial
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This thread is fun.

View Quote

Yea but does it have an RMR on it?

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I fucking absolutely hate vets trying to get famous off of their "service". Quotes intentional.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I fucking absolutely hate vets trying to get famous off of their "service". Quotes intentional.
View Quote

I don't have any issue with a vet trying to leverage their experience into a living. Not sure why anybody would have an issue with that.

If said vet wears their vet-ness on their sleeve and can't explain how their knowledge relates to their products/services other than "hurr durr I was in the box", then yea, that's annoying as fuck.

I wish Glover wouldn't deal with these guys because his stuff is usually very solid and non-bro vet.

DJ and company just come off a douchy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't have any issue with a vet trying to leverage their experience into a living. Not sure why anybody would have an issue with that.

If said vet wears their vet-ness on their sleeve and can't explain how their knowledge relates to their products/services other than "hurr durr I was in the box", then yea, that's annoying as fuck.

I wish Glover wouldn't deal with these guys because his stuff is usually very solid and non-bro vet.

DJ and company just come off a douchy.
View Quote

Concur wholeheartedly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I’ve never owned a SS and have no interest to.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#41]
So who has rushed out and bought a SIG?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top