BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not really a strategy when the opportunity is handed to you. It's pretty simple ............ don't do shit that draws the attention of the justice system.
View Quote

Feds wouldn't pursue it , correct ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You've got it just backwards.  His daughter's conduct is irrelevant.  My kids have different political views than I have.  

And if he had simply given a check to the Democrat party, with no specific earmarks, then sure.  I'd agree  that it doesn't mean that he can't judge things fairly.  

But he donated directly to an anti-Trump political action committee.  That donation, no matter how minuscule, explicitly for the cause of eliminating Trump's "radical right wing legacy" (whatever that means) demonstrates a clear bias.
View Quote

His daughter is relevant with regard to NYS law as mentioned.   The whole thing is 3rd world banana republic.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Trump did and thought being president would grant him full immunity from anything and everything. He’s learning that it does not work that way.

If he would have just played ball. They probably would have afforded him immunity. But he was an asshole.
View Quote

If he had just dropped out of the Presidential race, the Democrats wouldn't have had to do this to him.  (They would have had to have done it to DeSantis or Vivek).
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If he had just dropped out of the Presidential race, the Democrats wouldn't have had to do this to him.  (They would have had to have done it to DeSantis or Vivek).
View Quote

I agree. I don’t know that Desantis has any crimes for them to dig up to drag him though multiple trials.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

His daughter is relevant with regard to NYS law as mentioned.   The whole thing is 3rd world banana republic.
View Quote

The ruling Aimless posted applies specifically to this case. The court has determined that the daughter making millions off of this case is irrelevant and will not affect the judges’ impartiality
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It seems that this case is being run by _D_ifferent rules.
View Quote

If that is true. He’s going to be convicted and will be guaranteed a win in the appeals process.

I wish @Aimless would chime in some more. He knows NY law.

If you care to speak Aimless. Please answer. In NY are defense attorneys not allowed strikes during jury selection?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
He will be found guilty and it will be thrown out later.

They just want to be the ones that convict him because they are fucking nuts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree. I don’t know that Desantis has any crimes for them to dig up to drag him though multiple trials.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alphabet agencies and the DNC would be able to find something on any of us, or at least make up something on any of us, you and I included, if they had the incentive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#9]
its all a sham, a show, a persecution. this is heading in  a very very bad direction.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
its all about the DEI dung piles going after whitey.  clearly stated on msdnc
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

any crimes needed would have been made up from whole cloth if needs be
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would just pull out the tried-and-true "mortgage fraud" accusation.  After all, I bet a dollar DeSantis thinks his house is worth more than the property appraiser's website is showing it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
its all about the DEI dung piles going after whitey.  clearly stated on msdnc
View Quote

similar to black codes and pig laws
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Lol

Donates to democrats, and you expect impartiality?

I say again, lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing about this trial is legit in any sense.

It’s a witch hunt and they will do everything they can to throw him in jail.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#16]
That ship has sailed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

How deep does this plot go?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Why did (d) get chopped off?  What does the rest of it say?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrong. See my previous post.

Why did (d) get chopped off?  What does the rest of it say?
Disqualification.
(1) A judge shall disqualify himself or herself in a proceeding in which the judge's impartiality might reasonably be questioned, including but not limited to instances where:
(a) (i) the judge has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party or (ii) the judge has personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding;
(b) the judge knows that (i) the judge served as a lawyer in the matter in controversy, or (ii) a lawyer with whom the judge previously practiced law served during such association as a lawyer concerning the matter, or (iii) the judge has been a material witness concerning it;
(c) the judge knows that he or she, individually or as a fiduciary, or the judge's spouse or minor child residing in the judge's household has an economic interest in the subject matter in controversy or in a party to the proceeding or has any other interest that could be substantially affected by the proceeding;
(d) the judge knows that the judge or the judge's spouse, or a person known by the judge to be within the sixth degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person:
(i) is a party to the proceeding;

(ii) is an officer, director or trustee of a party;

(iii) has an interest that could be substantially affected by the proceeding;
(e) The judge knows that the judge or the judge's spouse, or a person known by the judge to be within the fourth degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person, is acting as a lawyer in the proceeding or is likely to be a material witness in the proceeding. Where the judge knows the relationship to be within the second degree, (i) the judge must disqualify him/herself without the possibility of remittal if such person personally appears in the courtroom during the proceeding or is likely to do so, but (ii) may permit remittal of disqualification provided such person remains permanently absent from the courtroom.
(f) the judge, while a judge or while a candidate for judicial office, has made a pledge or promise of conduct in office that is inconsistent with the impartial performance of the adjudicative duties of the office or has made a public statement not in the judge's adjudicative capacity that commits the judge with respect to

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not necessarily how deep, but how wide.  Leftists always seem to instinctively match in lockstep to forward their goals.  

I seriously doubt that there are secret gatherings of Democrats, in secret auditoriums, where they plot and scheme about how best to thwart Republican goals. They're not divvying up portions of the work, doling out tasks so that all their workers become cogs in some vast conspiracy.

No, instead the evil is simply part and parcel of what makes them who they are.   They wake up schemers, they eat breakfast schemers, they go about their daily lives always with schemes, and plots, and plans, thinking, "How can I fuck up someone from the Orange Empire today?"

And that's what makes them so hard to combat.  They're like ants in an anthill.  Smash a few, and there will be others rising up to take their place in moments.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:59:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:
The whole thing is a political hit.
View Quote

Lawfare.

The Dems are destroying this nation and the Rep are complicit (Yay, Uniparty).  No rule of law and political prosecution of a former president.  Turd World like  stolen elections (both against Naughty Sunkist Entity and Kari Lake & in PA which got Fetterman).  Seizure of another nation's money and then discussion of stealing it and giving it away.  We've destroyed own credibility so why should anyone put their faith in America and buy our Treasuries?  Those in charge don't GAF about our nation.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Disqualification.
(1) A judge shall disqualify himself or herself in a proceeding in which the judge's impartiality might reasonably be questioned, including but not limited to instances where:
(a) (i) the judge has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party or (ii) the judge has personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding;
(b) the judge knows that (i) the judge served as a lawyer in the matter in controversy, or (ii) a lawyer with whom the judge previously practiced law served during such association as a lawyer concerning the matter, or (iii) the judge has been a material witness concerning it;
(c) the judge knows that he or she, individually or as a fiduciary, or the judge's spouse or minor child residing in the judge's household has an economic interest in the subject matter in controversy or in a party to the proceeding or has any other interest that could be substantially affected by the proceeding;
(d) the judge knows that the judge or the judge's spouse, or a person known by the judge to be within the sixth degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person:

(e) The judge knows that the judge or the judge's spouse, or a person known by the judge to be within the fourth degree of relationship to either of them, or the spouse of such a person, is acting as a lawyer in the proceeding or is likely to be a material witness in the proceeding. Where the judge knows the relationship to be within the second degree, (i) the judge must disqualify him/herself without the possibility of remittal if such person personally appears in the courtroom during the proceeding or is likely to do so, but (ii) may permit remittal of disqualification provided such person remains permanently absent from the courtroom.
(f) the judge, while a judge or while a candidate for judicial office, has made a pledge or promise of conduct in office that is inconsistent with the impartial performance of the adjudicative duties of the office or has made a public statement not in the judge's adjudicative capacity that commits the judge with respect to

View Quote

So how is the judges daughter a party to (d)i, (d)ii, or (d)iii?

Not saying you're wrong, just asking for information.   My understanding was that she was a democrat fundraiser.  That doesn't automatically involve her in this case.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#22]
No, Merchan's daughter has made tens of millions promoting Democrats and trashing Trump, from all the Dems who would benefit from Trump being taken down.    Her job is to keep Trump from office and make sure Democrats stay in power.   Daddy has no business working this case.    

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's not necessarily how deep, but how wide.  Leftists always seem to instinctively match in lockstep to forward their goals.  

I seriously doubt that there are secret gatherings of Democrats, in secret auditoriums, where they plot and scheme about how best to thwart Republican goals. They're not divvying up portions of the work, doling out tasks so that all their workers become cogs in some vast conspiracy.

No, instead the evil is simply part and parcel of what makes them who they are.   They wake up schemers, they eat breakfast schemers, they go about their daily lives always with schemes, and plots, and plans, thinking, "How can I fuck up someone from the Orange Empire today?"

And that's what makes them so hard to combat.  They're like ants in an anthill.  Smash a few, and there will be others rising up to take their place in moments.
View Quote

Very good post.

I believe that is how the voter fraud takes place also. It’s a sprinkle here and there. Few thousand dead votes, some harvesting by some democrats in different districts. Voting machine “malfunction” etc. But it adds up and BOOM. The election is rigged. You can’t pin point it. But we all know it’s happening.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It's a witch hunt and they will do everything they can to throw him in jail.
View Quote
FPNI. It's a travesty from the word GO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Lol no
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#26]
This trial exists solely because the judge is a partisan hack.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this particular case, the defense tried to strike one juror because of certain celebratory posts on her social media from when Trump lost in 2020.

The judge overruled the defense saying that in his opinion, she could still be impartial.  I know that's not how it's supposed to work.  I'm just sayin'.

Was that juror challenged for cause? I know in my state both prosecution and defense get 12 strikes for a 12 person jury. They don’t even have to state a reason. Just we stike Mr. Smith and they are struck

The story I read yesterday said that juror was in fact struck. It was one of the limited strikes the defense team had.

The judge had indeed refused to strike them for cause.  They want them to burn up the limited strikes they have. The jury is almost guaranteed to end up rigged as 12 anti-Trumpers.  Probably throw in an N_T republican for good measure.

ETA:  they get 10, of which both sides have used 6
After scolding Trump for his behavior towards her, Judge Merchan said that he found her "credible" and refused to strike her for cause. Trump's attorneys then used one of their peremptory challenges to remove her from the case. Trump's legal team has used six of his 10 peremptory challenges, as has the district attorney's office.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The story I read yesterday said that juror was in fact struck. It was one of the limited strikes the defense team had.

The judge had indeed refused to strike them for cause.  They want them to burn up the limited strikes they have. The jury is almost guaranteed to end up rigged as 12 anti-Trumpers.  Probably throw in an N_T republican for good measure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this particular case, the defense tried to strike one juror because of certain celebratory posts on her social media from when Trump lost in 2020.

The judge overruled the defense saying that in his opinion, she could still be impartial.  I know that's not how it's supposed to work.  I'm just sayin'.

Was that juror challenged for cause? I know in my state both prosecution and defense get 12 strikes for a 12 person jury. They don’t even have to state a reason. Just we stike Mr. Smith and they are struck

That makes sense.  I'm going mostly by what I heard on the radio for that part.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:14:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Isn’t this case like multiple years beyond the statute of limitations in NY?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

ETA:  they get 10, of which both sides have used 6
View Quote

There we go. I figured as such. No way in hell were they just going to let one side and the judge pick the jury. That’s not how this works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#31]
The case moving forward at all shows there is no impartiality. It should have been dismissed long ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Very good post.

I believe that is how the voter fraud takes place also. It’s a sprinkle here and there. Few thousand dead votes, some harvesting by some democrats in different districts. Voting machine “malfunction” etc. But it adds up and BOOM. The election is rigged. You can’t pin point it. But we all know it’s happening.
View Quote

I don’t know, what you’re describing would be the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Justice Thomas' wife's action is concerning to Leftist's as to his ability to be an unbiased SCOTUS judge, then shouldn't Judge Merchan's ability be questioned by what his daughter has done?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  That was the civil suit brought by Ms I think rape is sexy. But that case was cool because the impartial state of New York passed a special, temporary law, that suspended the statute of limitations. But don’t worry, the law can’t be used again.

This is a much better case because it presumes guilt in a federal case that never happened.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:30:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No.  That was the civil suit brought by Ms I think rape is sexy. But that case was cool because the impartial state of New York passed a special, temporary law, that suspended the statute of limitations. But don’t worry, the law can’t be used again.

This is a much better case because it presumes guilt in a federal case that never happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This case is also "technically" beyond the statute of limitations, as by rights these should be misdemeanor charges.  They decided to elevate them to felonies because Orange Man Bad.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where are multi millionaire casino owners supposed to live. Big cities in red states are usually just as liberal.
View Quote

Big cities in red states will eventually give the democrats 100% control over all government.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This case is also "technically" beyond the statute of limitations, as by rights these should be misdemeanor charges.  They decided to elevate them to felonies because Orange Man Bad.
View Quote

It’s a felony (I believe) because it is a felony when the misdemeanor is used in connection with another crime. I believe the other “crime” is a federal election crime that he hasn’t been charged with. But the DA gets to presume guilt in a case that doesn’t exist, to elevate the misdemeanor to a felony and extend the statute of limitations.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Not saying you're wrong, just asking for information.   My understanding was that she was a democrat fundraiser.  That doesn't automatically involve her in this case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disqualification.

d3. The daughter has a significant financial interest in the case.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It’s a felony (I believe) because it is a felony when the misdemeanor is used in connection with another crime. I believe the other “crime” is a federal election crime that he hasn’t been charged with. But the DA gets to presume guilt in a case that doesn’t exist, to elevate the misdemeanor to a felony and extend the statute of limitations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A subtle combination of Orange Man Bad, and some  Because I Said So.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

In what way?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#43]
The DOJ refused the case. By some lawyer statements, NY should even be doing this, it is straight up to make trouble, it’s election interference too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In what way?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what way?

Federal Election Commission data shows Loren Merchan’s company has seen a lucrative 2024 election cycle, due in part to one of Trump’s most vocal critics, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA).

Schiff’s Senate campaign has since the beginning of last year paid Authentic Campaigns more than $11 million for advertising services, according to the data. Authentic Campaigns has also provided services to Vice President Kamala Harris, the running mate of Trump’s leading opponent in the 2024 election.

Schiff, moreover, explicitly advertised off of Trump’s case in Manhattan last year when District Attorney Alvin Bragg first brought charges against the former president over accusations he falsified business records in the wake of the 2016 election, according to
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Federal Election Commission data shows Loren Merchan’s company has seen a lucrative 2024 election cycle, due in part to one of Trump’s most vocal critics, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA).

Schiff’s Senate campaign has since the beginning of last year paid Authentic Campaigns more than $11 million for advertising services, according to the data. Authentic Campaigns has also provided services to Vice President Kamala Harris, the running mate of Trump’s leading opponent in the 2024 election.

Schiff, moreover, explicitly advertised off of Trump’s case in Manhattan last year when District Attorney Alvin Bragg first brought charges against the former president over accusations he falsified business records in the wake of the 2016 election, according to
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In what way?

Tenuous.  She seems to be a first-class grifter, but I'm not seeing a strong connection.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Its an operation not a trial.

So absolutely not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Video:

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#50]
An impartial judge would defeat the purpose of the trial.
Page / 4
Top Top