Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:42:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Stopped to get a money order to pay my $169 speeding ticket and while at the desk I seen a county cop carrying cross draw.
She had the pistol on her left side orientated to draw with her right hand. I just couldn't think of a good scenario for this carry.

Y tho?
View Quote

I don't know.  That's nuts .
People are saying if you are in your car, you can cross draw more easily than from a normal holster. This is  true, but you are outside of your car more often than in your car. It's an officer safety issue to have a cross draw holster.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People are saying if you are in your car, you can cross draw more easily than from a normal holster. This is  true, but you are outside of your car more often than in your car. It's an officer safety issue to have a cross draw holster.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stopped to get a money order to pay my $169 speeding ticket and while at the desk I seen a county cop carrying cross draw.
She had the pistol on her left side orientated to draw with her right hand. I just couldn't think of a good scenario for this carry.

Y tho?

You are missing the point. A standard strong side holster can be damn near impossible to get to in a car depending on how you or your car is configured. On the street a crossdraw would only be marginally slower(if at all) with practice so you aren't giving up much.

I am not saying it is the end all be all and prefer strong side holsters but having shot out of a couple crossdraw holsters I think they can be used to pretty good effect if need be.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
women have hips, which can be more difficult to draw from in the standard position
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top