Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Astro pops.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
dood, they still make fun dip. you are supposed to lick the stick and then dip it in the goody and then lick it off.

LOL, I get the concept, but why dis the stick have "Lick-M-Aid" on it when the stuff is called Fun Dip? That's one of the 7 unanswered questions of my childhood.

Oh, you guys remember ZOTS?

It was called Lik-M-Aid before they changed the name to Fun Dip. It also didn't have the stick...had to use your fingers.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]

There was a candy called Zaps.  It may have been spelled Zapps.  I remember the vending machine in the girls gym had them in Junior high so we'd sneak over and buy them.  Yes, I was too young to know I was supposed to be sneaking over there for eye candy and not real candy.

ETA: Zaps

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.....can't understand why they ever stopped making this one.

Awesome!

Those were the best!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]

I loved those damn things.  Don't know why, but I got them all the time.

I'd ride my bike to the little store.  Get some of those, a pack of Topps Baseball cards, a rag bologna sadnwich, a cheap ass soda (Bubba Cola I think) and be in virtual heaven.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Pop rocks.

Wait, that was last weekend with the gf... nevermind.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Jolly ancher fire sticks
And the cherry sticks
They are still around in the small cubes
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I miss Crunchy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
gatoraid gum
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody remember "Chick-o-Sticks?"  

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#11]

yep.  wasn't a huge fan though.  I preferred the Zagnuts.

Do they still make Big League Chew?  I used to love that stuff too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
gatoraid gum

Holy crap, yes! Haven't thought of that in yeeeears. That was pretty sour stuff!

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]

WOW ! Haven't seen that since 78' the good ol' days !
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My favorite back in the day was Spree candy.

They still make it, but it just doesn't seem to taste quite as good as it did back then.

I can't figure out if that's because they changed the recipe, or if my taste buds changed.

likely due to HFCS,  it ruined alot of good candy...and soda  
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#15]

When I was little, I honestly thought that stuff had chicken in it and never tried it. I think my older brother told me that just to mess with me. Mission accomlished. I recoiled when I saw your picture.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They're baaaaaack....  I watched a LOT of movies in the 70's with a big soda, a popcorn and a roll of these guys.

http://www.mypartyplanner.com/common/d_images/products/00/05/26/image_337560.jpg

Came to post these,   they making em again?

Hmm....I may have to give em a shot,  as long as there is no HFCS...

“Flicks Candy” is a chocolate flavored treat that has been around for over 100 years. It was originally developed by the Ghirardelli family in the late 1890’s, but wasn’t called “Flicks” until 1904. It was produced in San Francisco, and then later in San Leandro up until 1989. By that time, the machinery that produced Flicks had been continually operating for nearly 100 years, it had been damaged in its move to San Leandro, and replacement parts were no longer available, as the equipment’s manufacturer had been out of business since World War II. For these reasons, production of Flicks Ceased in 1989.

In 1963, William Tjerrild, son of Danish and Swiss immigrants, went to work for Nestle’s Chocolate as a mechanical engineer and learned the art of manufacturing confections and chocolate. After Nestle’s, William worked for various confectioners until developing his own manufacturing company that specialized in fabricating chocolate and nut processing machinery.

In 1988, William’s son, James Tjerrild came to work at the family business. Growing up in California, James loved eating Flicks at the theater, and sorely missed the product when production ceased in 1989. So, in 2004 the Tjerrild family acquired the Flicks trademark, and in 2005, acquired the original decommissioned production equipment that produced Flicks for nearly 100 years.

Originally built in Racine, Wisconsin in the late 1890’s or early 1900’s, the equipment was painstakingly dismantled, relocated, and reconstructed in Fresno, California by the Tjerrild family’s machinery company. Now Flicks are again being produced in Fresno, California. Please click the link below to take a virtual tour of our factory.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was called Lik-M-Aid before they changed the name to Fun Dip. It also didn't have the stick...had to use your fingers.

There was a local grocery store that sold bulk candy by the pound,  they had 55 gal barrels of the sticks....most broken but damn,  those are the best part of the candy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When I was little, I honestly thought that stuff had chicken in it and never tried it. I think my older brother told me that just to mess with me. Mission accomlished. I recoiled when I saw your picture.  

Your loss man; those things were really good!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen em recently
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I know it's not a candy but does anyone remember shaka puddin'?

I can still remember the tune in the commerical.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
80's no moor will not come the back...
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it funny how stuff like that can stay with us? I haven't thought or seen one of those in years, and when I saw that pic I was like, "ewww! Chicken flavored candy!"    

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#23]
You can still get Zots and candy cigarettes in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen em recently

Damn, you're right; Amazon sells them.  I might have to order some tonight!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't it funny how stuff like that can stay with us? I haven't thought or seen one of those in years, and when I saw that pic I was like, "ewww! Chicken flavored candy!"    

You aint kiddin.  Guy said gatorade gum and I almost winced!

That stuff was no joke.  I think the pack lasted me the better part of a year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

yep.  wasn't a huge fan though.  I preferred the Zagnuts.

Do they still make Big League Chew?  I used to love that stuff too.

Huuuuuuummmmmmm  Zagnuts
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember Lick M Aid, dont remember Fun Dip.  

Do they still make Bazooka Joe bubble gum?   They were two cents a piece, then in the late eighties I think they started making flavors like grape and sour apple, 5 cents each.  

I even saved the cartoons that came in them.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite back in the day was Spree candy.

They still make it, but it just doesn't seem to taste quite as good as it did back then.

I can't figure out if that's because they changed the recipe, or if my taste buds changed.

likely due to HFCS,  it ruined alot of good candy...and soda  

Thanks.

That's probably what it is then.  Dang.

They're still OK, but not nearly as awesome as they were back in the early 80's.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I could'nt stop eating Valomilks, the rocked http://www.valomilk.com/

Used to chew Bazooka Joe bubble gum

I remember Lick-M-Aid

Though not candy, cinnamon flavored toothpicks.

Of course, jawbreakers, wonder how many people choked to death on those things?

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Fortune Bubble and Abba-Zaba
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Not sure if they still sell Fruitstripe gum orLemonheads??  Or Big League Chew?

Fruitstripe lasted about 13 chews of awesome and then nothing, you would eat the entire pack in an hour...

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#32]
My kids love fun dips.  They are still around.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're baaaaaack....  I watched a LOT of movies in the 70's with a big soda, a popcorn and a roll of these guys.

http://www.mypartyplanner.com/common/d_images/products/00/05/26/image_337560.jpg

Came to post these,   they making em again?

Hmm....I may have to give em a shot,  as long as there is no HFCS...

"Flicks Candy” is a chocolate flavored treat that has been around for over 100 years. It was originally developed by the Ghirardelli family in the late 1890’s, but wasn’t called "Flicks” until 1904. It was produced in San Francisco, and then later in San Leandro up until 1989. By that time, the machinery that produced Flicks had been continually operating for nearly 100 years, it had been damaged in its move to San Leandro, and replacement parts were no longer available, as the equipment’s manufacturer had been out of business since World War II. For these reasons, production of Flicks Ceased in 1989.

In 1963, William Tjerrild, son of Danish and Swiss immigrants, went to work for Nestle’s Chocolate as a mechanical engineer and learned the art of manufacturing confections and chocolate. After Nestle’s, William worked for various confectioners until developing his own manufacturing company that specialized in fabricating chocolate and nut processing machinery.

In 1988, William’s son, James Tjerrild came to work at the family business. Growing up in California, James loved eating Flicks at the theater, and sorely missed the product when production ceased in 1989. So, in 2004 the Tjerrild family acquired the Flicks trademark, and in 2005, acquired the original decommissioned production equipment that produced Flicks for nearly 100 years.

Originally built in Racine, Wisconsin in the late 1890’s or early 1900’s, the equipment was painstakingly dismantled, relocated, and reconstructed in Fresno, California by the Tjerrild family’s machinery company. Now Flicks are again being produced in Fresno, California. Please click the link below to take a virtual tour of our factory.

Yeah, My taste buds ain't what they was as a ten year old but I "Thought" they tasted pretty dang close when a tried them again a month or so ago.

'course, I'm probably so used to Carob these days () I'm not too sure I can still tell the difference.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I think PEZ in the dispenser had a small rebound in the 80's.  Also, if you could find them Chunkeys were around and a lot bigger.
My fav has been around ever since I could remember.......Hershey Bar witrh Almonds.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think PEZ in the dispenser had a small rebound in the 80's.  Also, if you could find them Chunkeys were around and a lot bigger.
My fav has been around ever since I could remember.......Hershey Bar witrh Almonds.

I had a pez pistol as a kid. Pez went in the magazine, and shot out the barrel when you pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not sure if they still sell Fruitstripe gum orLemonheads??  Or Big League Chew?

Fruitstripe lasted about 13 chews of awesome and then nothing, you would eat the entire pack in an hour...  

I remember Fruitstripe and those tattoos or whatever came with them for awhile.

I bought a pouch of Big League Chew the other day at Dick's Sporting Goods, and it still tasted pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#37]

from the1930s to current day goodness:

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Space Sticks and Cow Tails!
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a pez pistol as a kid. Pez went in the magazine, and shot out the barrel when you pulled the trigger.

I'm jealous!  All I had was the one that looked like a bic lighter...

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I was a fan of Dinosaur eggs
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Warheads, zotz, and chilly willy's

I had to special order warheads. I finally got them in for the kids.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Not a candy but was never without a candy purchase.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Mr. Peabody fires up his Way-Back-Machine........

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Pixie Sticks.  A straw full of sour powder.

I never could understand the love of sour candy.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#45]
That petrified stick of gum that came with a pack of Topps or Fleer baseball cards, football cards, etc.  It was probably better not to eat it, but I always did.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Dino-sour eggs were good.

Loved fun dip too
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Warheads, zotz, and chilly willy's

I had to special order warheads. I finally got them in for the kids.

Huge fan of those too.  In the little league baseball dugout, Big Leage Chew, Warheads, and Guys Nuts sunflower seats were packed into the cheek.  It was required that you spit at least 5 times between the "on deck" circle and the batter's box.  Usually better if you spit while knocking the dirt from your cleats and staring down the pitcher.

good times as a kid.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Summit candy bars.  I liked them better than Twix
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
dood, they still make fun dip. you are supposed to lick the stick and then dip it in the goody and then lick it off.

LOL, I get the concept, but why dis the stick have "Lick-M-Aid" on it when the stuff is called Fun Dip? That's one of the 7 unanswered questions of my childhood.

Oh, you guys remember ZOTS?

ZOTS? never heard of them

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top