Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:04:49 AM EDT
[#18]
We saw this lovely lamp while out shopping

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
For my first defense against the cats....

I would lay down a football field worth of little squares of painter's tape placed sticky side up.

Have you ever seen the retreat made by a cat that gets a piece of tape stuck on it's paw?

I have, it is a flash of fur that is nothing more than a blurry outline.

Through that field of painters tape I would have automated laser pointers tracking back and forth to catch off guard whatever ADHD riddled "timmy" type low IQ felines.

After that I would play sound of the "running your thumb down the tines of a comb" audio track ona perfectly tuned set of speakers.    Some percentage of those cats will be stopped in their tracks as they start coughing up imaginary hairballs(youtube it, it's a thing).

Then there will be my live bait stations of mice and small wounded birds that have been rolled in catnip.

Those are just the outter layers of my defenses before you get to giant pyramid of conveyer rollers that no cat could ever climb.

Sitting on top of it will be me with my garden hose.   I figure I could hold off at least 2000 cats with my feline ninja warrior gauntlet.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I want that!
View Quote
https://boingboing.net/2018/02/10/press-this-bizarre-kitty-lamp.html
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would lay down a football field worth of little squares of painter's tape placed sticky side up.

Have you ever seen the retreat made by a cat that gets a piece of tape stuck on it's paw?

Through that field of painters tape I would have automated laser pointers tracking back and forth to catch off guard whatever ADHD riddled "timmy" type low IQ felines.

After that I would play sound of the "running your thumb down the tines of a comb" audio track ona perfectly tuned set of speakers.    Some percentage of those cats will be stopped in their tracks as they start coughing up imaginary hairballs(youtube it, it's a thing).

Then there will be my live bait stations of mice and small wounded birds that have been rolled in catnip.

Those are just the outter layers of my defenses before you get to giant pyramid of conveyer rollers that no cat could ever climb.

Sitting on top of it will be me with my garden hose.   I figure I could hold off at least 2000 cats with my feline ninja warrior gauntlet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?  It's creative thinking like this that will allow a few of us to have a safe refuge (probably on an island somewhere) after they take over everything else.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:02:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:52:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/2/2020 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?  It's creative thinking like this that will allow a few of us to have a safe refuge (probably on an island somewhere) after they take over everything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Upon further reflection, I renounce my misguided and potentially evil ways in favor of our new feline overlords.  Since they have access to the internet (obviously), uglygun should either have these defenses in place now or be working to make them effective immediately, since he painted a giant laser-pointer target on his back with his post.

As for myself, I have several well-pampered felines in my household and fervently hope after the revolution I shall be allowed to remain as an un-neutered servitor.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't forget the cucumber barricades.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Pic I took of my sister's cat. Might be good sauce.
Attachment Attached File

Others
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 12:11:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
WTF was this?
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#37]
You either have a cat loving neighbor, or a pissed off neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
WTF was this?
View Quote
It's a Karen and the Cat meme.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF was this?
THAT is Karen???
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 12:54:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
THAT is Karen???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF was this?
THAT is Karen???
Of course not, Silly.
That's the cat.

The other one is Karen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Neighbor next door in Winchester is allergic to cats

Guess who's two outdoor cats hang out his house

And on too of his car

And on his deck
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top