BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He did lie and he did it to sell the book. He told Bill O'reilly it was Ventura.

http://youtu.be/VU5MLcWXzfo?t=20s
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?

He did lie and he did it to sell the book. He told Bill O'reilly it was Ventura.

Wow. Classy. Yeah I'm not big on ego.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Irony is using the name Jesse Ventura and character in the same sentence..i
View Quote

True...I believe the person has to have some kind of character for it to be defamed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Taya Kyle doesn't strike me as very intellectually honest, either.

Taya Kyle, who replaced her husband as the defendant after he and Chad Littlefield were shot to death at a shooting range about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth in February 2012, maintains her husband “did not use Ventura’s name in a scheme to advertise or promote products. He simply responded to questions from interviewers.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Taya Kyle, who replaced her husband as the defendant after he and Chad Littlefield were shot to death at a shooting range about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth in February 2012, maintains her husband “did not use Ventura’s name in a scheme to advertise or promote products. He simply responded to questions from interviewers.”

LOL. Anything involved with Ventura denigrated as being "intellectually dishonest" is laughable. Ventura is the very definition of dishonesty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Old Jesse can choke on a diseased horse cock.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The trouble is that I'm not convinced this was the case. Credible witnesses came out on both sides of the issue and some one Ventura's "witnesses" were not even present at the alleged place at the alleged time. I'm actually aghast he won that case.
View Quote

None of the Defense witnesses could vouch for Kyle. Kyle himself walked the story back during the deposition.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL. Anything involved with Ventura denigrated as being "intellectually dishonest" is laughable. Ventura is the very definition of dishonesty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That may well be true. But does it excuse dishonesty from the Kyles?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it diverts the issue to "he said, he said"  and would make the situation a wash. A liar calling a liar a liar should end up in nothing done and a response of "get out of my courtroom" by a reasonable judge.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

None of the Defense witnesses could vouch for Kyle. Kyle himself walked the story back during the deposition.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The trouble is that I'm not convinced this was the case. Credible witnesses came out on both sides of the issue and some one Ventura's "witnesses" were not even present at the alleged place at the alleged time. I'm actually aghast he won that case.

Kyle was dead. He could not defend himself in cross examination.

One of Ventura's star witnesses, an alleged co-owner of the bar, was not even there when he claimed to be there and saw the situation.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI

Nobody seems to remember JV and all the media time he got saying 9-11 was an inside job.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FPNI

Nobody seems to remember JV and all the media time he got saying 9-11 was an inside job.
View Quote

Or HARP being a government weather control device or that the military in Iraq were the duped mercenaries of a corporate plot and thus traitors. Did anyone even watch one of his crappy shows on TV?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I certainly hope that Jesse Ventura is satisfied now that he's financially and emotionally broken a hero's widow over an insult and a barroom scrape.

What a selfish, prideful coward that man is.

Regardless of who lied or told the truth, there's no questioning that Kyle was, in fact, a SEAL who served his country honorably in wartime. There is also no question that $1.8 million billed to Kyle's widow is in no way justice for getting insulted and punched a few times.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Or HARP being a government weather control device or that the military in Iraq were the duped mercenaries of a corporate plot and thus traitors. Did anyone even watch one of his crappy shows on TV?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

No one watched that show, the things he is on record saying do seem to make you wonder what he might have said or what grief stricken badasses might have thought he said.  To me it was in poor taste for him to continue on with the suit after Kyle was killed, but that falls in line with most of his career choices since Predator.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I certainly hope that Jesse Ventura is satisfied now that he's financially and emotionally broken a hero's widow over an insult and a barroom scrape.

Regardless of who lied or told the truth, there's no questioning that Kyle was, in fact, a SEAL who served his country honorably in wartime. There is also no question that $1.8 million billed to Kyle's widow is in no way justice for getting insulted and punched a few times.

View Quote

^^^^^^ This x1000! His accomplishments outweigh his faults many times over. RIP Kyle
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No one watched that show, the things he is on record saying do seem to make you wonder what he might have said or what grief stricken badasses might have thought he said.  To me it was in poor taste for him to continue on with the suit after Kyle was killed, but that falls in line with most of his career choices since Predator.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

When a person creates a 20+ career on lie after lie after lie and in his radical "libertarian" stance has denigrated Iraq veterans multiple times as being mercenaries and corporate shills, I tend not to believe him in "this one instance." The guy is a whole bundle of insane falsehoods wrapped together. He even thinks the moon landing by the Apollo program was a government conspiracy hoax. Anyone who believes a single word out of that man's mouth is an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Lying about other people had consequences

Still going to see the movie and I don't think highly of JV but don't make shit up to sell a book and this isn't an issue
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]
The Wife and I will go see the movie when it comes out.  A few more bucks to Mrs. Kyle.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Didn't Kyle also claim to have killed two car-jackers who were trying to steal his truck, as well as shoot dozens of looters during Katrina?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.
View Quote

Well said. And it's okay to admire a person without having to agree with everything they did or said, no one is a saint.

In this case, he lied in order to make money. That's illegal and immoral.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

When a person creates a 20+ career on lie after lie after lie and in his radical "libertarian" stance has denigrated Iraq veterans multiple times as being mercenaries and corporate shills, I tend not to believe him in "this one instance." The guy is a whole bundle of insane falsehoods wrapped together. He even thinks the moon landing by the Apollo program was a government conspiracy hoax. Anyone who believes a single word out of that man's mouth is an idiot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FPNI

<golf clap>
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.

Thank you. For the life of me I cannot see how anyone cannot understand that she is the wife, what was his is hers, or do the people stating that the estate
will pay keep their wives poor and pregant in the kitchen.

Side note: Yes if you spew BS you might get called on it and have to pay.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

<golf clap>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<golf clap>

When an honorable man says something untrue about a dishonorable man, it is still a lie. To defend such a thing is the definition of injustice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

When an honorable man says something untrue about a dishonorable man, it is still a lie. To defend such a thing is the definition of injustice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<golf clap>

No, that's not what is happening. What is happening is that people have doubts that of the veracity of a known liar and con artist as to his side of the story.

In addition, how did JV suffer 2 million dollars in damage? His show had already been cancelled as being the piece of crap it was and he already did not have a reputation of veracity and he already had a reputation for disparaging veterans.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#25]
So, did ANYTHING happen between Kyle and JV?  Was there even a scuffle?  I don't fully understand what's a lie and what is the truth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No, that's not what is happening. What is happening is that people have doubts that of the veracity of a known liar and con artist as to his side of the story.

In addition, how did JV suffer 2 million dollars in damage? His show had already been cancelled as being the piece of crap it was and he already did not have a reputation of veracity and he already had a reputation for disparaging veterans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<golf clap>

aka dindu
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
JesseVentura--douchebag fraud extrodinare.
View Quote

No shit.  He was not a Seal. When he was in UDT It was composed of bugger picking morons. The saying at the time was UDT needed strong backs and weak minds. The Seals were in a separate compound and were educated were thinkers.

ETA:  this is my opinion based on personal experiances with both UDT and SEAL teams at the time Jessie flames to be a SEAL.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Funny how 99% of the this site was clamoring for the loser in civil suits to pay all the fees in a recent thread. Now, because a dipwad won, many of those same posters want it the other way.
View Quote

When it's someone you don't like it's hard to stick to your convictions.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

He claimed Jesse said "the SEALs deserved to lose a few guys" and that he decked him because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.

What precisely was the defamation?

He claimed Jesse said "the SEALs deserved to lose a few guys" and that he decked him because of it.

And the thing is that public opinion of JV is so low that absolutely nobody thought "JV would never say such a thing!"  It was all "sounds like something that asshole poser would say."
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't give a good god damn if he lied. He was dead and Jesse stole money from a Widow and his Orphans.

The Estate is there to provide for his widow.

Buddy fucker piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No shit.  He was not a Seal. When he was in UDT It was composed of bugger picking morons. The saying at the time was UDT needed strong backs and weak minds. The Seals were in a separate compound and were educated were thinkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If Mr. Shipley says he takes no offense to UDT guys calling themselves seals, it's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That motherfucker needs to jump into a ceiling fan.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If Mr. Shipley says he takes no offense to UDT guys calling themselves seals, it's good enough for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe so, but they need to produce a DD-214 showing they completed Seal Training and were assigned to a Seal Unit.  Other than that they are nothing more than the retards with everyone gets a robin.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#36]

You know the bad part? If Kyle was still alive,he'd be getting laughed at and lampooned after they asked him in court about shooting the car jackers and sniping from the Superdome  and he had to admit that those didn't happen either.

IMO his wife should pay JV off,let it go and let the remaining book,charity,Craft,movie  funds etc take care of the kids and get on with life. For those who view Kyle as a hero,he will remain a hero but  continuing to fight this battle essentially changes his memory from SEAL sniper to guy that lied to sell a book.

My take is that he just couldn't let go of being larger than life in the military vs living in the civilian world. I think he  wished that he could whoop ass in bars and shoot people who needed it and unfortunately vocalized those fantasies without considering the ramifications.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#37]
People always say liberals get caught up in emotion instead of facts. Why are there so many who are emotional about this case instead of looking at the facts?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Sometimes there are consequences to lying.  This is a great example.

Ventura is a scumbag but the best way Kyle could have protected his legacy and his wife was to not lie.  He didn't do that.  He is the one responsible.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People always say liberals get caught up in emotion instead of facts. Why are there so many who are emotional about this case instead of looking at the facts?
View Quote

Actually, there are many of us who are looking at the facts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

I agree dude was a certified bad ass and a national hero. He muddy his creditability a bit with the fabrications about Ventura and the gang bangers.

Home field advantage.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

He was in a deposition. He had his chance to man up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Jesse Ventura fan boys here think that his wife should pay for his supposed mistakes. And the estate and the children.

Playing stupid games and all, right GD?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Kyle' s deposition sounded like it went poorly, he admitted that Ventura never said anything about George bush, that the fight happened outside so no "tables went flying", it's pretty tough to convince a jury "I made this and this up, but I didn't make this other part up"  

While it did not come in the trial as far as I know, kyle had told tales about the car jacking and shooting people at the super dome.

Ventura has said lots of crazy stuff, the CIA came to the governor's mansion, they followed him in Cuba and am sure other stuff. But I have never heard claims he said shit about vets. He was at some seal function that day and seemed popular enough with the military up to Kyle's story about the fight

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, there are many of us who are looking at the facts.
Kyle' s deposition sounded like it went poorly, he admitted that Ventura never said anything about George bush, that the fight happened outside so no "tables went flying", it's pretty tough to convince a jury "I made this and this up, but I didn't make this other part up"  

While it did not come in the trial as far as I know, kyle had told tales about the car jacking and shooting people at the super dome.

Ventura has said lots of crazy stuff, the CIA came to the governor's mansion, they followed him in Cuba and am sure other stuff. But I have never heard claims he said shit about vets. He was at some seal function that day and seemed popular enough with the military up to Kyle's story about the fight

He had said that vets were brainwashed and not fighting for our freedom and shills of the military industrial complex who not only killed Kennedy but faked 9/11. Kyle's claim of what Ventura said are perfectly in line with what he said every day in his shows and interviews.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Waaaahh Chris Kyle said mean things about me, so I'm going to drag his widow through hell Wahhh.

Chris Kyle seems to be in the wrong, but Ventura is scum. It would be more honorable to LET IT GO
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I guess that's the annoying part:  He was a legend, so why in any way blemish that with lying?  Just doesn't make any sense.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which he did. Some discussion about how tables may not have actually flown about as initially stated but he stuck by his account of what Ventura said and that account is perfectly consistent of shit Ventura said all of the time.  I served in Iraq. He said that me and everyone like me was a brainwashed corporate shill.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:21:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?

And both are veterans.  I'm no big fan of Ventura, but Ventura was libeled/slandered, and Kyle used the lies to sell the book.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top