Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

significant shrinkage weather .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't smoke, but I've taken a woods piss at -20.

Yes, it can get dicey when the thickness of your clothes exceeds the length of your wiener. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, it can get dicey when the thickness of your clothes exceeds the length of your wiener. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, when I was a teenager every spring when the ice in the inlet would first break up, we would all go down after school and strip down and go jump in.....you could only stand jumping in and getting out as fast as you could...but yeah, boys turn to girls...biggest shrinkage in the world....open your mouth and it looked like you had a third tonsil...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This thread illustrates why smokers are pathetic. Dedicated, but pathetic.
View Quote

Smokers are "pathetic" because people like you forced them outside to smoke?  Hmm interesting.  Thats like telling people to quit because its "expensive" while voting for higher taxes on it yearly lol
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Eh, when I was a teenager every spring when the ice in the inlet would first break up, we would all go down after school and strip down and go jump in.....you could only stand jumping in and getting out as fast as you could...but yeah, boys turn to girls...biggest shrinkage in the world....open your mouth and it looked like you had a third tonsil...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The angle of dangle is directly proportional to the heat of the meat. 
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

In it get cold here minus whatever and I still go in the garage when I let the dogs out. Everybody has bad habits....
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
-40 in Mindrot ND way back when Jesus was a corporal

Been smoke free now for over 10 yrs
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
North slope in Alaska. Alpine Oil Field. -65 and who knows what with wind chill.

Aviator
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Years ago, when I smoked, I went outside in a windchill of about -10 in Nebraska City.
I didn't smoke much on that job.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Minus 40 F or something in the wind, in Winnipeg, in February.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:47:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

My dogs got to go to the bathroom, no matter the weather. And since I live in an apartment, I have to take them out on leash to do their business no matter the weather.

Your post is retarded, and you should feel bad.

ETA: For the record, I am a smoker, and I put on more clothes to take my dogs out to go to the bathroom than I do to smoke a cigarette. One of my dogs loves cold weather, so I have to bundle up like I'm on a fucking Everest summit trip to take her out, the other dog, I can take out in shorts and a sweatshirt, because he hates the cold.

I take cigarette breaks without the dogs when it's brutal cold in pants and a coat. I don't smoke inside, because it's bad for the dogs to get secondhand smoke exposure.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Never thought of that.  I guess you have to smoke fast.
View Quote
You just have to re-light a lot.  It's even stranger when you're ice fishing and have to keep your beer in a cooler to keep it from freezing. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom hater
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]

I DID find out though that "Micky Mouse" boots work pretty well
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:38:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
We called them bunny boots, but yeah those things were GREAT!
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Freedom hater
View Quote

I, sir, love my freedom, and would like to have more. However, enduring subzero temperatures to get my fix does not sound like freedom. Y'all sound like addicts to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I, sir, love my freedom, and would like to have more. However, enduring subzero temperatures to get my fix does not sound like freedom. Y'all sound like addicts to me.
View Quote
And you sound brainwashed to me. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#18]
-21 in the thermometer but wind chill was -34 when I lived outside of Bozeman, MT several years ago.

I've since quit smoking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And you sound brainwashed to me. 
View Quote

Lol. If you only knew
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:55:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Only idiots suffer for their addictions
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol. If you only knew
View Quote
It was either that or fucking asshole, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

ETA:  Let the record show that his original response was "bitch please" before he edited it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:56:56 AM EDT
[#22]
19 degrees, during an ice storm down here. 
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#23]
exact same temperature I left a bivouac tent and artic bag at 3am to piss while only wearing sliks, a watchcap and unlaced GTX boots

three nights in a row...eat a Snickers bar, a gulp of water and right back to sleep
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#24]
-25F while in the field in Germany, and 125F+ in full kit in Baghdad.

Course, it only gets to about 110 here for a few days out of the year. 100 ain't bad, but damn, going up to Phoenix just about kills me in August.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#25]
-15 with about -60 wind chill.  I never smoke indoors.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:03:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
-45 or so, at pump station 3 Alyeska pipeline.  One of the reasons that contributed to my stopping.
ETA, I was wrong, it was a little bit colder up on a rig I was working as the daily weather report attests.
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x167/50-140/DSC00607-1.jpg
View Quote
Got to love the Slope paychecks. Worst I recall neg 69 at NARL, just east of Pt. Barrow. January 92

Lots of other severely cold ass places where minus 50 was regular, Fort Yukon, Atkasuk, Clear AFB, Fairbanks, North Pole, Tok, Northway, McGrath are a few places where I have enjoyed smoking 80 degrees or more below the freezing point of water
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:06:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Somewhere in the -20's.   Love Loved it
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bunny boots have saved more lives than the Coast Guard
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#29]
About 70F.  I tried it once.  Bummed one from my college roommate one evening while we were on the exterior dorm stairwell chilling out.  Some kind of Indian cinnamon-smelling cigarette.  It actually smelled good.  Made me cough.   Glad I never smoked again.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#30]
When I was going to college in Grand Fuks, ND, it was -42°F air temp and about -85°F with the wind chill. Cigarettes really taste like shit when it's that cold. I quit smoking about 70 lbs ago.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I was a smoker, the cold didn't bother me. Not even when I was up north.

Smoking in 100F+ is when I felt disgusted with it.
View Quote

yea, heat and rain always bothered me more than cold.

I quit last April 1, best thing I did last year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:08:48 AM EDT
[#32]
-30 or so with a windchill to rival the dark side of the moon. Thankfully I quit several years ago other than a cigar or two a week weather permitting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't smoke but pooped outside at -30. There was also a breeze on my bum.
View Quote

-70F
Fort Greely, AK
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:46:39 AM EDT
[#34]
-30 before windchill.  I don't know what the windchill took it down to, but it was so cold you could feel the cold coming in throuh the seams in the clothing.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 3:55:45 AM EDT
[#35]
-15 in Clayton, OH.  

Got to Chicago and was damn near ready to put shorts on at a balmy 25.  

The addiction is real.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:21:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Not a smoker.

Was driving past the McKinley Climatic Laboratory a couple summers ago and saw the needle on the giant temp dial outside buried on the cold side. So of course I had to stop and go in.

Holy shit was it cold. Felt like my lungs froze, just taking the first couple of breaths when I went in there.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:26:45 AM EDT
[#37]
-18 in Bagram, Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#38]
It was in the teens and sleeting.  It was at that time when I decided that smoking wasn't as enjoyable as it once was and I quit after thirty years of smoking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

You gotta fight for your right... to party.

Dat nicotine:

Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:40:22 AM EDT
[#40]
I think i did -21. coldest it got in recent memory. +20F thus felt "hot" the next day.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
  When I am working outside in subzero weather anyway what difference does another couple of minutes for a smoke make?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#42]
-60 windchill new scale. Only smoke 2-3/day

0 or slightly below (actual temp) pork shoulders and chicken thighs.

Had to wrap a blanket around UDS (ugly drum smoker) and check temp every hour. Sucked but worth it.

Cold doesn't really bother me much
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top