Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We? Are you going over to fight?
View Quote

Sure, maybe you should come with me and avenge all those Navy fly boys that were shot down and killed in Vietnam by Russian anti air missiles, or did you forget about that FlyNavy75?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yup, half the guys in the Ukraine thread are reading from the same script and trying to get anyone that disagrees with em banned.
View Quote

Yeah, looks like they're working from the "Identifying Malicious Individuals" section of their info warfare handbook with the grace and prowess of Biden's press secretary. One of the pro-ukraine users was following me around threads and apparently allowed to call people trash. Zero doubt he had a back channel opened with a mod or admin or some sort and was aggressively baiting for a response, knowing the site wouldn't ban his government propaganda account
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Everything sent so far was already paid for. The aid "money" is the replacement costs for things which means American jobs.
View Quote

See, it's lies like this that make all uke bros look bad. Just over 50% of US aid sent so far has been military hardware, over 40% has been cash.

So no, not everything sent so far was already paid for.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lol, and you actually believe that?

View Quote

It's one of the big uke bro lies spread here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sure, maybe you should come with me and avenge all those Navy fly boys that were shot down and killed in Vietnam by Russian anti air missiles, or did you forget about that FlyNavy75?
View Quote

Yeah and while we're there we can get some revenge for the Germans bombing pearl harbor
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:34:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, looks like they're working from the "Identifying Malicious Individuals" section of their info warfare handbook with the grace and prowess of Biden's press secretary. One of the pro-ukraine users was following me around threads and apparently allowed to call people trash. Zero doubt he had a back channel opened with a mod or admin or some sort and was aggressively baiting for a response, knowing the site wouldn't ban his government propaganda account
View Quote

I’ve been suspicious that’s what at least a couple are doing. Glad someone else has noticed too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wasn't quoting you, I was quoting lorzepam who is ignoring the $$$, but the aid is inextricably intertwined.

If we didn't pay cash they wouldn't be fighting either.
View Quote
Ah gotcha...I took it was directed at me cause I responded to kerry.

Is it a safe assumption that the "financial assistance" is also being used to pay Ukrainian military salaries? Pretty sure Ukraine said soldiers will be paid 2 or 3k per month. I do know the average pension in Ukraine is roughly $150 per month.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wasn’t alive. I don’t question the bravery of anyone who fought in Vietnam. I also don’t want to go kill Brits because of the Revolutionary War either. Time to move on.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I wasn’t alive. I don’t question the bravery of anyone who fought in Vietnam. I also don’t want to go kill Brits because of the Revolutionary War either. Time to move on.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How many casualties before you are willing to give up FL?
View Quote
Ukraine is not FL
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And I'm saying what we are spending is a drop in the bucket of GDP. We can afford it easily. Stopping Russia now in its tracks serves as a deterrent to other nations like China, NK, Iran, Terrorists, and total jackasses. Everyone has a right to freedom. Big wars are the result of failure to deter little ones. Do you oppose a Russian Federation that controls Europe? That is Putin's goal and it is insane to let him achieve it. It is not even close to our national interests.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am saying the US has spent a disproportionate amount on the war in Europe compared to the Europeans who live there.

You don't think showing how much, and what type of aid each country has sent gives the data context? Do you want a graph displaying each country's good intentions instead of the actual dollar amounts?

And I'm saying what we are spending is a drop in the bucket of GDP. We can afford it easily. Stopping Russia now in its tracks serves as a deterrent to other nations like China, NK, Iran, Terrorists, and total jackasses. Everyone has a right to freedom. Big wars are the result of failure to deter little ones. Do you oppose a Russian Federation that controls Europe? That is Putin's goal and it is insane to let him achieve it. It is not even close to our national interests.

You Uke bros need to make up your mind.

A: Russia is pitiful and inept and can't even defeat a little country like Ukraine.

B: We need to spend more to stop the Russian bear before they take over all of Europe and invade the US.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We? Are you going over to fight?
View Quote
I'll say it again....this is the most stupid talking point you anti's keep repeating.

By this standard, if you're not Tim Ballard, you aren't allowed to be against child trafficking.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Edit
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A: Russia is pitiful and inept and can't even defeat a little country like Ukraine.

B: We need to spend more to stop the Russian bear before they take over all of Europe and invade the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am saying the US has spent a disproportionate amount on the war in Europe compared to the Europeans who live there.

You don't think showing how much, and what type of aid each country has sent gives the data context? Do you want a graph displaying each country's good intentions instead of the actual dollar amounts?

^^^^THIS^^^^
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:48:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll say it again....this is the most stupid talking point you anti's keep repeating.

By this standard, if you're not Tim Ballard, you aren't allowed to be against child trafficking.
View Quote

It was a response to one of yours claiming "we will lay an insurgency on them"
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what's with your screen name? Are you a US Navy pilot or not?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

He said “we”. I think it is a relevant question under that context.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:53:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Wasn't alive during Vietnam
-Must be lying about being in the Navy

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

-Wasn't alive during Vietnam
-Must be lying about being in the Navy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59227/1672662513108326-2744929.jpg
View Quote

We can let him answer
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:55:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He said "we". I think it is a relevant question under that context.
View Quote
I missed that. I'll read better
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take Poland out of the equation and Ukraine can conquer Europe. Does that change the dynamics of your question at all?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was

I guess they did not realize the photo of a Naval Aviator flying may have been an indicator.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I guess they did not realize the photo of a Naval Aviator flying may have been an indicator.
View Quote

For sure, especially since that’s literally me in that photo
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
UKR is never getting that land back, ever. Not unless some left wing reformist get into power in Russia.

I’ll hasten to bet Z is gone in a few years and some “lets deal with the Russians” type guy is in power.

UKR is done when the US tit dries up and it’s going to happen sooner or later.

RUS and China will control UKR in a decade, either directly or indirectly.

Considering it would take a complete collapse of the US military for that to happen.

How is that a relevant question?

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

It could be an indicator of something else
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Being a pilot beats anything I've ever done for coolness...but when you add in Navy...well, the less said the better.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wanna get a a third party involved and put some money on it? Any amount of money is fine….
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Considering it would take a complete collapse of the US military for that to happen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UKR is never getting that land back, ever. Not unless some left wing reformist get into power in Russia.

I’ll hasten to bet Z is gone in a few years and some “lets deal with the Russians” type guy is in power.

I don't understand your point. A military collapse is pretty common in war and rarely the end.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

After years of my patriotism being questioned because I question the Ukraine narrative I guess it’s only natural that my very existence be questioned. I bet if I had a photo in the cockpit of an Ukraine flag then it might be a tad different…but when questioning what has become a religion to many here I suppose it’s natural. And if I were lying then I’d claim to be a Navy SEAL like everyone else. They get all the women.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Being a pilot beats anything I've ever done for coolness...but when you add in Navy...well, the less said the better.
View Quote

If he really was a Navy pilot I give him respect for that, but don't understand the "that was in the past" stuff for his fellow Navy aviators. I'd want to see some Russian blood flow
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

If he really was a Navy pilot I give him respect for that, but don't understand the "that was in the past" stuff for his fellow Navy aviators. I'd want to see some Russian blood flow
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Take Poland out of the equation and Ukraine can conquer Europe. Does that change the dynamics of your question at all?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure you mean Russia, not Ukraine here.

Well that would just be Europeans dying to make Russia weaker, so I'm pretty sure you'd support that.

Unless of course, you don't Europeans dying to make Russia weaker, but are fine with Ukrainians dying to make Russia weaker.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

So should I also want to see some Japanese blood flow? After all they killed more US Navy than anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't understand your point. A military collapse is pretty common in war and rarely the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there another nation on this planet capable of defeating the US military and holding ground in FL?

Yes or no?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No, this is a war of genocide and wiping out people. It is a war of aggression that is a stepping stone to a Russian Federation that controls Europe. Containing it to Ukraine is a fallacy. Russia can not gain a square inch without consequences or they will keep going. Putin cares about what he gains, not what he loses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ukraine's big counteroffensive has netted them less than 100 square miles. It's like Gary Coleman throwing little haymakers as Mike Tyson covers up so as not to get a bruise. The US can help Gary tie up Tyson as much as possible, but it's obvious to all that Tyson isn't dropping the big bombs yet, because he doesn't have to.

This is a war of milking. Young men die so that the corrupt get rich, and so that both sides drum up more support from their respective and perspective allies.

Does anyone deny that if Russia wanted Ukraine wiped off the map tomorrow, that it would be so?

No, this is a war of genocide and wiping out people. It is a war of aggression that is a stepping stone to a Russian Federation that controls Europe. Containing it to Ukraine is a fallacy. Russia can not gain a square inch without consequences or they will keep going. Putin cares about what he gains, not what he loses.

It has gotten so I can’t tell the sarcasm from the delusion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may disagree with him on any particular subject but Flynavy is no liar.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well that would just be Europeans dying to make Russia weaker, so I'm pretty sure you'd support that.

Unless of course, you don't Europeans dying to make Russia weaker, but are fine with Ukrainians dying to make Russia weaker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I mean Ukraine and that’s my point. ‘Little’ Ukraine isn’t so little.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also, the Navy now does port calls in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is there another nation on this planet capable of defeating the US military and holding ground in FL?

Yes or no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes or no?

Our territory is impervious to occupation is that what your saying?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about German, English or Chinese blood ?
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can see it flow in person with this one weird trick.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

more like 50B, and that is 6-7% our annual DoD budget.

Thinking the Ukraine aid will bankrupt us is like the boomer that thinks a $5 coffee is why the gen-zer cant buy a house
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When figures like $100B of more debt are drops in the bucket, we are in the collapse of the empire stage of our nation.

more like 50B, and that is 6-7% our annual DoD budget.

Thinking the Ukraine aid will bankrupt us is like the boomer that thinks a $5 coffee is why the gen-zer cant buy a house

Over 5 years that adds up to $10K.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Funny how most veterans of world wars don’t think like you…
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They don't have to "win" they just need to make it VERY painful for the Russians.

If the Russians declare victory, we will lay an insurgency on them that will make Afghanistan look like a trip to Disney.
View Quote

This is what we should have done since day one. Cheaper monetarily, lower loss of life and significantly less damage to the infrastructure.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Is it a safe assumption that the "financial assistance" is also being used to pay Ukrainian military salaries? Pretty sure Ukraine said soldiers will be paid 2 or 3k per month. I do know the average pension in Ukraine is roughly $150 per month.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't quoting you, I was quoting lorzepam who is ignoring the $$$, but the aid is inextricably intertwined.

If we didn't pay cash they wouldn't be fighting either.

I haven’t seen any reports either way about military pay, just government worker pay.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This is what we should have done since day one. Cheaper monetarily, lower loss of life and significantly less damage to the infrastructure.
View Quote
Debatable based on Russians actions in occupied territories. Lower loss of life for Russian soldiers, sure. But a Russian army facing an insurgency is going to be ruthless on the local population, especially how the view Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By FlyNavy75:
I also don’t want to go kill Brits because of the Revolutionary War either. Time to move on.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top