Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost found out
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Big guy was perfectly happy escalating the situation.

Right up until he realized the only thing he was escalating was his chance of experiencing a sucking chest wound.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

20000 miles a year at 20mpg with 30 cents per gallon savings is $300.

$300 a year compounded over 5 years at 5% is $2047

Thats a bit more than 75 cents.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Fuuuucck that.   I'm not poor

You can have your 75 cent savings for putting up with that shit show.

But then, I'm the guy who purposely leaves his Aldi's cart in the lot - to display my supremecy.  

Some people Make it Rain.  I make it hail baby!

Costco gas isn't 30 cents per gallon savings.  It's closer to 3.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a machete or a large edged weapon that the line cutter retrieved from the trunk.

He takes cutting in line seriously.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The grocery store I go to has an attached gas station that is divided from the parking lot by a busy to two lane road. There have been a couple occasions where I pulled in to the pumps and cut someone off who was in line from the parking lot, in what looks like a similar set up. It's not 1979, you're going to get gas. If you're carrying a gun you don't go instigating fights over a gas pump. I think the guy pulling a crowbar out of his trunk was a very reasonable and justified response to an aggressive person confronting them over something they may have not even been aware of was a problem.

View Quote

From Washington

We have located crowbar line cutter guy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:54:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As I said, both those guys were assholes.  Both could have been arrested for their behavior in that confrontation.  

People cut in line all the time.  That's not even a crime, it's just a minor nuisance in a normal person's day.  
Knowing when NOT to confront a jerk is part of being a man.  
View Quote

Arrested for what? Only one initiates physical contact and is aggressive.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever waited anything close to 10 minutes for gas. Depending on the cycle Costco ranges from 5-10 cents cheaper to 40-50 on the high end. Usually right around 15-20 cents for me. I alternate between costco and my grocery store when I can use the points to be cheaper than costco.  

I'm solo but the gas savings alone covers my membership. The 4% back is nice because it's at all gas stations. I didn't think the 2% back for premium membership applied to gas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I don't think I've ever waited anything close to 10 minutes for gas. Depending on the cycle Costco ranges from 5-10 cents cheaper to 40-50 on the high end. Usually right around 15-20 cents for me. I alternate between costco and my grocery store when I can use the points to be cheaper than costco.  
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much do you really save there on a typical 20 gallon tank… like $6 (no way it’s more than 30 cents cheaper)

And how long do you gotta wait and how much gas you burning idling there?

It's 60 to 70 cents a gallon cheaper here. Rarely does it take more than 5 minutes or so. Pumps have long hoses and can be used on either side of the car. I get 4 points on my Costco credit card and 2 points toward my Costco membership. It's a substantial savings, especially with the cash back, for us.

I'm solo but the gas savings alone covers my membership. The 4% back is nice because it's at all gas stations. I didn't think the 2% back for premium membership applied to gas.

It definitely does. I used to not get Costco gas until a few years ago. What an idiot I was for waiting so long to save money.

I understand people that have one or two Costco stores in the entire state and they are an hour or more away from one not getting gas there. I have half a dozen within less than 20 minutes from me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think the linecutter would have hit the open carry dude had he not drawn. Pulling the baton out of the trunk and whipping it open, taking a step towards open carry dude sure looks like the start of an attack. The draw of the pistol just made the line cutter change his mind very rapidly.

My vote line cutter bigger douche, but both are a douche. I still support open carry dude over all.
View Quote

I don't think the OC guy was a douche, I think it was a dumb but morally correct "confrontation".  Big guy was a douche by line cutting, pushing OC dude, then retrieving a deadly weapon from his trunk, and was really fucking lucky he didn't get deaded by OC guy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

But then, I'm the guy who purposely leaves his Aldi's cart in the lot - to display my supremecy.  

Maybe for you. For me it's 60-80 cents a gallon cheaper, even against ARCO and no name sketchy places.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good draw down.

Shouldn’t have cut in line. When made aware of his mistakes he should’ve just left instead of grabbing a weapon out of his trunk.
View Quote

This, good draw
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't get gas at costco. Not that big of a savings where I am, usually only 2 to 5 cent better than anywhere else and anywhere else doesn't have a stupid line with retarded attendants.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Arrested for what? Only one initiates physical contact and is aggressive.
View Quote

Assault.

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe for you. For me it's 60-80 cents a gallon cheaper, even against ARCO and no name sketchy places.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

California gas is 20X more expensive, so on the bright side you get 20X the Costco savings.

Fuck the Commies who ruined that State. I remember buying gas for $1 a gallon there in the 90s.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#16]
My sister was getting gas at Costco and some crazy woman hit her car and pushed it forward to get her out of the way.  It's probably good I wasn't there that day.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't get gas at costco. Not that big of a savings where I am, usually only 2 to 5 cent better than anywhere else and anywhere else doesn't have a stupid line with retarded attendants.
View Quote
It's about 10-15c cheaper here.  We're at Costco every two weeks or so.  It's convenient to get gas while we're there.
If there's a line, I just go elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:35:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did the one guy not notice the other guy open carrying?

That looks like California too. What is the laws over there?

EDIT: Washington State

View Quote

LOL, what in the clip says California, the blue sky???
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Depends on the location and the grade of gasoline. Here, Costco gas is usually $0.30-0.70 a gallon less than nearby gas stations for 93 octane.

Even on my small car that's $3-7 per tank (10 gal). When I worked a mile from the local Costco, it was well worth the membership price just for the savings on gas as I drive over 30k miles per year.

At minimum, I saved $300 a year buying my gas at Costco versus buying it anywhere else.

I also avoided the long lines by buying my gas early in the morning before the pumps became crowded. If it was after 10 am when I needed to gas up I would just pay extra somewhere else to avoid the mess.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A couple of special guys there.

We have stations cheaper than Costco here. Even if we didn't, I'm not waiting and having my car idle for 10-20 minutes to save $5.
View Quote

LOL, really! 20 minutes. I've never waited more than a few minutes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Some people are just wound up too tight, a lethal force situation over your place in a gas line, screw that.
View Quote

You should have watched the vid instead of taking the penguins word about what went down.

All line cutters are bottom feeders of society and all bottom feeders should be eradicated.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Uh oh someone doesn't like zipper merging
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have stations cheaper than Costco here. Even if we didn't, I'm not waiting and having my car idle for 10-20 minutes to save $5.

Yeah it got crazy here. It's very rare to see the line shorter than 10 minutes. I've seen long lines right when they open and close. The last year or so I've only seen a sub 10 minute line once. Typically it looks to be 10-15 minutes, but sometimes the line exceeds the holding area, and you get some special people who seem to have never been to a gas station before... And viola 20+ minutes at a gas station. I did that exactly once and felt like an idiot for doing it. Felt even dumber later when I figured out there's cheaper gas in town that typically has no line.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I want to know how a guy cuts in line at costco Gas.

https://todayspetpeeve.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/costcogasline2-1.jpg?w=1024

It usually looks like this, did he just drive up the middle and then force his way in? That's a serious dick move.

And that was a good draw, fucker pulled a deadly weapon and could have been killed. Instead the gun was the equalizer.
View Quote

Probably. I've seen it happen. Yes it is a dick move but some people are dicks. Still probably not worth getting into a confrontation over an extra few minutes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Depends on the location and the grade of gasoline. Here, Costco gas is usually $0.30-0.70 a gallon less than nearby gas stations for 93 octane.

Even on my small car that's $3-7 per tank (10 gal). When I worked a mile from the local Costco, it was well worth the membership price just for the savings on gas as I drive over 30k miles per year.

At minimum, I saved $300 a year buying my gas at Costco versus buying it anywhere else.

I also avoided the long lines by buying my gas early in the morning before the pumps became crowded. If it was after 10 am when I needed to gas up I would just pay extra somewhere else to avoid the mess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Wow.  I guess yea, for that level of differential, I might try to work it in if easy enough.  In Texas, the savings is pretty Meh.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:00:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Good man
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

World would be a better place if assholes had to deal with consequences of being assholes. Appeasement just makes them bigger assholes.
Good man

I concur. Appeasement caused this slide.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#27]
“My guy”
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are we suddenly back in the 1970s?
View Quote

Or worse.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’ll pay the extra to save my time and keep drama away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That cheap gas is serious business.

I’ll pay the extra to save my time and keep drama away.

Yeah because you don’t run into stupid fucks at regular gas stations. The fuck do you mean
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 1:34:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Anybody who refers to a person as “my guy” needs an ass kicking.  
Anybody who cuts in a line needs an ass kicking.  
Anybody who would attempt to get whatever weapon that was when they are confronted about being an asshole is a double asshole.  
Anybody who gets a gun pulled on them and tells the guy with the gun that he needs to back away deserves an ass kicking.  

Fuck black car tall guy.  I wish we could’ve seen him get his ass beat.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:00:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Good comments above. OC Costco cowboy was too close IMO.  Having heated words nose to nose can end poorly.

I do wish people could quit sucking so much.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:04:59 AM EDT
[#32]
People in the PNW are some of the most passive aggressive fuckers you'll ever meet, until they can't stuff it away any more and they explode over something totally inconsequential like cutting in a Coscto gas line and costing someone 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:05:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is shit like this why they started putting the barriers in the aisle between the pumps?

I have seen these in Chicagoland and southern Wisconsin. Are they anywhere else?
View Quote

The Costco closest to me is an older gas station and the layout is horrible- they use orange cones to define the lanes for each set of islands because people are stupid.

The next closest Costco is a newer station with 3 pumps/lane and the overhead green/red lights to show vacant or in use. No orange cones at this one.  

When I drove to Cincinnati this summer I filled up at Costco’s in SLC, Omaha, Indianapolis, Frankfort KY, Columbus OH - never saw permanent barriers.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:08:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Something… something… avoid stupid people, in stupid places, at stupid times.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:10:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Diesel is .25-30 cents/gal cheaper at Costco around here. Gas is usually.10 cents/gal cheaper at Costco.

With two diesels that take 25 gal & 35 gal it adds up - and is easy to avoid the crowds.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:12:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never had an issue with the Costco attendants - and that includes Costco’s in Oregon.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:14:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

California gas is 20X more expensive, so on the bright side you get 20X the Costco savings.

Fuck the Commies who ruined that State. I remember buying gas for $1 a gallon there in the 90s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Interesting - I don’t remember gas being $1/gallon and I’ve been driving in CA since 1986.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My sister was getting gas at Costco and some crazy woman hit her car and pushed it forward to get her out of the way.  It's probably good I wasn't there that day.
View Quote

Was she blocking the diesel pump?  Or did she run in to get a hot dog?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:17:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same folks will tell you they followed a cyclist for 20 minutes……
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:24:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Pretty stupid to be so aggressive with a guy openly carrying, especially going for the tire iron.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:31:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Interesting - I don’t remember gas being $1/gallon and I’ve been driving in CA since 1986.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

98 or 99 IIRC

And that was in Central Ca. If you're looking at prices on the coast, it was probably not that low there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
COSTCO gas lines.. yea,

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Decides to cut line for gas, then escalates but brings his crowbar to a gun fight. Too bad he changed his mind about using his crowbar.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#45]
The time and effort to save on gas at CostCo isn't worth the squeeze.

I've found doing the SHELL gas point game and also my local Freddys and Safeway, Kroeger gas points to be worth it.

For Safeway and Freddies, I buy the VISA cards and I get two points for each dollar spent. So for the $500 and I get a dollar off on gas at safeway and other places in Oregon.

I use the visa cards to pay for the gas and use it for the rest of the month for other expenses.

CostCo ain't worth it.

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 4:13:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Going to Walmart for gas lately even though Costco is closer.
Walmart is cheaper
No lines
Later hours

Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#47]
He’s a member here. 100%.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#48]
The manlet may be a wound a little tight, but at least he called out the scumbag. Big guy was going to get a weapon and changed his tune real fast.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#49]
It never ceases to make me wonder how folks tolerate long lines at the Costco gas stations. Even if savings were 20c per gallon and you needed essentially a full 15gal tank, that is a savings of $3 for what can be close to half an hour waiting in line. I wouldn't want to wait even 15min to get to the pump and fill up. I'll just drive across the street and pay the $3, maybe go inside and get a coffee while I'm at it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fuckin' douchenozzle shouldn't own guns.
View Quote

I'd say based on the stance, draw, and movement: instructor

No seriously, I saw it and immediately thought of a couple of local instructors I have seen give classes.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top