User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Just use mine, 123-45-6789
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
While it wouldn't work, the guy could simply have said that he didn't have an SSN.  After all, despite society making it hard to get by without one, there actually is no law requiring you to have one.  I've had numerous people insist that I had to have the number, when I declined to provide mine,
and when I offered an $100 bill for them to tell me what law required it, crickets.  Even said go research that and get back to me, and I'll still pay up, still crickets.

Link Posted: 9/9/2023 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rage against the machine
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An inpenetrable thicket of 9 digits.

We all lie to ourselves about the actual state of privacy and our ability to control it.

Just get the shot, then you can buy food, peasant. It will only take a few seconds.

Rage against the machine

Rage against the machine parts
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Back in the 90s, I worked for the contractor who managed the Fixed Asset Forfeiture auctions for the IRS and the U.S. Customs auctions for stuff abandoned at the ports of entry.

There are "interesting" stories out there, and lots of ignorance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
More import stupidity. New customer, hadn’t imported before. I’m not sure how the salesidiot found this guy. He was bringing in some furniture from India for his house. When I asked for commercial invoice, packing list, and bill of lading, guy went off the rails. Had to have an Indian coworker talk to him since his English was bad. The guy just had some WhatsApp messages for his shipment documentation. Nothing from the actual shipper, even a simple invoice in a Word document would have worked. Nope.

No docs, no clearance.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Jesus.

The gov has so many scams it’s insane.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm curious, what happens to the abandoned cargo? Guy paid for the item(s) and shipping, and now it's just sitting stateside in limbo?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Talk about setting off a red flag that
says come inspect my stuff

This one has issues all over it
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
While it wouldn't work, the guy could simply have said that he didn't have an SSN.  After all, despite society making it hard to get by without one, there actually is no law requiring you to have one.  I've had numerous people insist that I had to have the number, when I declined to provide mine,
and when I offered an $100 bill for them to tell me what law required it, crickets.  Even said go research that and get back to me, and I'll still pay up, still crickets.

View Quote

Especially if he said it in Spanish.
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#10]
What was the country of origin?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top