Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/12/2021 11:29:33 AM EDT
I was pondering the other day about how much Darth Vader made. He lived in that huge lava castle place. That must have cost some coin. I'm sure he had plenty of perks being the Emperor's lackey. 24 hour body guards...those red dudes. I mean, why did he need those guys? He could have killed all of them just by sneezing. Probably a fleet of shuttles at his disposal and that really big triangle space ship thing.

He probably cost a ton in benefits, too. Can you imagine his medical bills? Once he hit family out of pocket...the Emperor's accountant was probably "Look at this shit...this dude is costing as much to keep alive as the Death Star is to maintain. We have to make a choice. Get rid of the Death Star". So they did. They let those 5 tiny space ships blow it up. I mean, what an embarrassment. I bet Vader threw Tarkin under the bus for that one. Can you imagine being a fly on the wall for that meeting? So Vader's all like, "I'm gonna get Luke. He's shakin' with The Force. Can't have that. Oh, BTW...the Death Star was cool. I'm willing to take a cut in benefits so we can build an even bigger piece of shit with room to fly space ships through so anyone can easily access all the vital internal components". The Emperor was all about that. "Great Idea" says the Emperor. "I'll remember this for your annual review. Good work, Vader". Then they were both dead! WTF?

Anyhow...with all Vader's job perks and salary, how much was he worth?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Money is irrelevant when you have that much power.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Of all the things to do in the world, this is what you think about?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Considering his ability to choke someone long distance through the phone, the costs to employ him were negligible
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:31:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know wtf you smoked but apparently it's amazing ??
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m honestly surprised they didn’t get investigated for insurance fraud after not one but two Death Stars were blown up by the same space terrorists. I mean c’mon that’s gotta look shady as fuck to the insurance company.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m honestly surprised they didn’t get investigated for insurance fraud after not one but two Death Stars were blown up by the same space terrorists. I mean c’mon that’s gotta look shady as fuck to the insurance company.
View Quote

Let alone the lawsuits from thousands of dead contractors
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, how in the hell did they avoid all that backlash?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#9]
He was a character in a movie.

His net worth is nothing as he did not actually exist.

So about as much as Dr No but more than Dr Evil.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Death Star destruction was an inside job
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they were underwritten by Aaron's of Alderaan. We know what happened there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Well he made a lot of deals.....And altered them further.

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they were underwritten by Aaron's of Alderaan. We know what happened there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, that actually makes sense. You can’t be investigated if you vaporize the planet your insurance company is located on.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Death Star destruction was an inside job
View Quote

Rogue One told us that is true.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Im actually impressed by this thread so far.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:55:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Probably comparable to putin
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#17]
The Red Dudes were the Emperor's Guard, Vader didn't have nor need any.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know, that actually makes sense. You can’t be investigated if you vaporize the planet your insurance company is located on.
View Quote

That’s why you pick an insurance company with no DR plan, and management that doesn’t listen to the SRE’s.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 11:59:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I was pondering the other day about how much Darth Vader made. He lived in that huge lava castle place. That must have cost some coin. I'm sure he had plenty of perks being the Emperor's lackey. 24 hour body guards...those red dudes. I mean, why did he need those guys? He could have killed all of them just by sneezing. Probably a fleet of shuttles at his disposal and that really big triangle space ship thing.

He probably cost a ton in benefits, too. Can you imagine his medical bills? Once he hit family out of pocket...the Emperor's accountant was probably "Look at this shit...this dude is costing as much to keep alive as the Death Star is to maintain. We have to make a choice. Get rid of the Death Star". So they did. They let those 5 tiny space ships blow it up. I mean, what an embarrassment. I bet Vader threw Tarkin under the bus for that one. Can you imagine being a fly on the wall for that meeting? So Vader's all like, "I'm gonna get Luke. He's shakin' with The Force. Can't have that. Oh, BTW...the Death Star was cool. I'm willing to take a cut in benefits so we can build an even bigger piece of shit with room to fly space ships through so anyone can easily access all the vital internal components". The Emperor was all about that. "Great Idea" says the Emperor. "I'll remember this for your annual review. Good work, Vader". Then they were both dead! WTF?

View Quote

What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Troll is strong with this One...
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well he made a lot of deals.....And altered them further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsW9MlYu31g
View Quote
That's the "art of the deal".
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hate to break it to you, but we're all just characters on the Internet.  Our net worth is nothing and we do not actually exist.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That doesn't make sense - you blow up the insurance company AFTER they pay out, not before.  The Empire already paid their premiums, blowing up the insurance company before the Death Star(s) only ensured that they wouldn't be paid on their claim.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That doesn't make sense - you blow up the insurance company AFTER they pay out, not before.  The Empire already paid their premiums, blowing up the insurance company before the Death Star(s) only ensured that they wouldn't be paid on their claim.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but they knew they were going to be under investigation so they preemptively struck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe its the other way around. The Death Star/Galactic Empire was the Insurer and Alderan didnt pay up in time. They got told to be poor somewhere else and just scattered those somewhere elses allll freaking over.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you collect from an insurance company you vaporized?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Just imagine how much the suit alone would have cost. I completely respect some of the cost saving measures Emperor Palpatine took.

The top ten things YOU didn't know about Darth Vader's suit!
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

God forbid someone around here should have a spare moment to post anything other than a covid thread.

And heaven help us if someone has a kooky thought that can lead to a fun discussion instead of the relentless Debbie Downer bullshit that GD is rife with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously you couldn’t, they did it because they realized their plan had holes in it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#31]
You don't know the POWER of the dark side of Vader's checking account.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Money is irrelevant when you have that much power.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You don't know the POWER of the dark side of Vader's checking account.
View Quote

Vader may have been on the dark side, but maybe his ledgers were in the red.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#34]
What about all the innocent contractors on the Death Star?
Clerks - Death Star Contractors
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
What are you talking about? It clearly says at the beginning of the documentary, in black and yellow, that this happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. You're saying someone just made all this up?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#36]
As a youngster, Anakin started out a penniless slave with a poor acting ability but midichlorian levels off the charts. He didn't date much after losing his legs, but he did have the snazziest Tie fighter with curved wings. His only real needs seemed to be a special seat with an outer shell and automatic helmet removal. All in all, Darth Vader's Net Worth was $1.5 million.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What about all the innocent contractors on the Death Star?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA
View Quote

https://iaonline.theiia.org/blogs/Your-Voices/2021/Pages/On-the-Frontlines-An-Audit-Report-on-the-Galactic-Empire.aspx

One of the investigative reports into the failure of the Galactic Empire.

Finding No. 1: Employee Safety Is Not Prioritized
Finding No. 2: Critical Infrastructure Projects Contained Single Points of Failure
Finding No. 3: IT and Physical Access Controls Are Ineffective or Do Not Exist
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why bother posting then?  Go cure cancer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I've always wondered what his cock looked like?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Cutting costs like no rails on ledges facilitated his salary
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mf you gay
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but we're all just characters on the Internet.  Our net worth is nothing and we do not actually exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Maybe its the other way around. The Death Star/Galactic Empire was the Insurer and Alderan didnt pay up in time. They got told to be poor somewhere else and just scattered those somewhere elses allll freaking over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they did a short on the market? Bet against themselves?
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

With how fucked up this country is I welcome a thread that takes my mind away from the collapse of this country. See yourself out if you don’t like mindless threads.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I think at that level of power, there is no need for currency. Everyone serves you, and you take what you want. Kinda like Putin. In real dollars, he is likely the richest man alive. He controls trillions in assets. Who is going to tell him he can't have something or can't do something? To a lesser extent, Kim Jong Un is the same. They don't need a salary. They wave a hand and make things so.

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
OK, now this just got weird.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most straight men dream about Slave Leia but you do you.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
The Emperor's Phone Call | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top