BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it possible for AR15 to team up with them and do a pre-order or group buy?  Seriously, we could buy up a shit ton of them.

Oooh, I like this idea.

Getting my dick hard.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I know a few people who work at dicks sporting goods.  I let them know my view over the holidays.  I told them I will not spend a dime in their stores anymore.

One of the ladies I know who works there this has a brother.  He was pissed as well.

I think this will come back and bite them in the ass.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Troy is stupid as shit to align itself with that jokeof a company in the first place

Agreed.  Dicks is far from the place I think of for guns, much less black rifles.

Fuck them for pulling black rifles, and double fuck them for screwing over Troy.

I cannot find the stats currently, but I think DSG may be the number 1 firearms retailer in America. If so, going with them should have been a no-brainer for Troy.

Troy makes a great product and ultimately will be fine.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I sure we can organize a group buy...

Listening.......

Wonder how many units they're looking to unload?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So let me get this straight... there's an AR manufacturer just sitting around with a whole bunch of capacity that they don't know what to do with right now?  
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Dick's sucks balls.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#7]
and along came Walmart.......
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They're dicks! reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Troy have been pussies. And Dicks customers are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#9]
OST tag for more info and group buy love.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG.

Ok, Troy got a raw deal, but I call BS on this.  All the other manufacturers do just fine without big box representation.

Not being privvy to their contract or terms, but I can imagine it went something like this:
Cock's:  We want to sell a carbine, and want to partner with you to make it.  We think sales will be 5 per outlet initially, with 1 every two weeks there after per outlet.  We have 400 stores where we can sell this rifle.
Troy:  Ok, so we are looking at an initial order of 2,000 carbines, and then a monthly follow up order of 800 carbines after that?
Cock's:  Yes, sounds about right.  We'll guarantee the first 2,000 sales.
Troy:  Ok, but we need to ramp up production.  Can you guarantee an additional 6 months of orders, or an additional 4,800 carbines?
Cock's:  So, a guaranteed buy of 6,800 carbines at $750 each for a total of $5,100,000?  Sounds great!
Troy:  Yes it does!
Cock's: Now, how about accessories too?
Troy:  We've got you covered from rails, grips, stocks and magazines.  Your follow up accessory sales should be equally strong.
Cock's:  Let's do this!

That is all supposition on my part of course.  But prior to the panic buying after CT, you'd be hard pressed to find a distributor, even a really big one, willing to commit to big quantities.  Especially given how many other AR manufacturer options exist out there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Oklahoma recently got a bunch of new Dick's stores that opened in the OKC area.

OK has lots of AR owners.

It'd be a shame if Dick's went out of businesses in due time for showing its political leanings through its business.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it possible for AR15 to team up with them and do a pre-order or group buy?  Seriously, we could buy up a shit ton of them.

So instead of selling to Dick's, you propose selling to... dicks?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Not surprised.

They've always been the Hesse/Vulcan Arms of the sporting goods world.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck 'em, sell the rifle through other channels. Demand is high right now.

Wonder if Troy is bound by the agreement to NOT sell that rifle through other sources...

Also, what is the price difference that Troy would show by moving from such a large outlet to smaller dealers?

Sounds like the agreement has been abrogated by Dicks.

I am not a lawyer.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Did Dick's sell Spike's too ?

No. That was DuelingDick's. Right down the road from them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Probably not, didn't they also pull MSR's from their shelves.  And Wal*Mart sucks ass to deal with.  If Troy mentioned the decline in brand value because of Cock's pricing, I can't imagine they want to further devalue it by partner with Wal*Mart....
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
How much were the rifles going for at Dick's?  I'm liking this group buy idea.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:47:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG.

Ok, Troy got a raw deal, but I call BS on this.  All the other manufacturers do just fine without big box representation.

Not being privvy to their contract or terms, but I can imagine it went something like this:
Cock's:  We want to sell a carbine, and want to partner with you to make it.  We think sales will be 5 per outlet initially, with 1 every two weeks there after per outlet.  We have 400 stores where we can sell this rifle.
Troy:  Ok, so we are looking at an initial order of 2,000 carbines, and then a monthly follow up order of 800 carbines after that?
Cock's:  Yes, sounds about right.  We'll guarantee the first 2,000 sales.
Troy:  Ok, but we need to ramp up production.  Can you guarantee an additional 6 months of orders, or an additional 4,800 carbines?
Cock's:  So, a guaranteed buy of 6,800 carbines at $750 each for a total of $5,100,000?  Sounds great!
Troy:  Yes it does!
Cock's: Now, how about accessories too?
Troy:  We've got you covered from rails, grips, stocks and magazines.  Your follow up accessory sales should be equally strong.
Cock's:  Let's do this!

That is all supposition on my part of course.  But prior to the panic buying after CT, you'd be hard pressed to find a distributor, even a really big one, willing to commit to big quantities.  Especially given how many other AR manufacturer options exist out there.

good point but the manufacturer also has the ability to extend payment terms....the ability to negotiate a mutually agreed upon return authorizations etc.....I'm sure you will see these in the market and soon....
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#21]
This makes me glad I stood line for 7hours because there was only one in the store and I got it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I have dealt with Dicks corporate on some development stuff before... They think they are the shit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Troy is stupid as shit to align itself with that jokeof a company in the first place

hate to say it, But this. I didn't even know they sold guns. Here in CA dicks is like the sporting section at a target. Total waste of time. Over priced crap and no selection.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't know Troy was making their own rifles. Is there some new innovation they made to the AR platform, or are they just getting their lowers and parts from the same suppliers as everybody else and putting their rollmark on the lowers? What did they spend millions of dollars on?

The way AR's seem to be flying off the shelves they could probably sell every single rifle they can make if they line up some different distributors.

And Dicks SG can eat a bag of dicks!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#27]
At $800 I went in to buy a rifle for my wife. The Dicks on Long Island doesn't sell EBRs apparently. Fudd-guns and shotguns only.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:52:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If Troy can get those rifles redistributed soon, they'll have no problem selling and making money off them.  

its going to cost them so much to do that, that prices would jump regardless.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  Dicks is far from the place I think of for guns, much less black rifles.

Fuck them for pulling black rifles, and double fuck them for screwing over Troy.

I cannot find the stats currently, but I think DSG may be the number 1 firearms retailer in America. If so, going with them should have been a no-brainer for Troy.

Troy makes a great product and ultimately will be fine.

I find that hard to believe. I walked into a Dick's once when I lived in Texas and their gun selection was shit. Promptly walked out and never went back. Maybe the Dick's in TX just suck idk..
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Troy can get those rifles redistributed soon, they'll have no problem selling and making money off them.  

its going to cost them so much to do that, that prices would jump regardless.

And half the MF'ers will jump on here and bitch about how they were $800 in Nov. How dare Troy fuck over the gun community.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did Dick's sell Spike's too ?

No. That was DuelingDick's. Right down the road from them.

You sly rascal you.

Do I win another upper?

Yeah, when I'm tired it's easier for me to joke. Don't ask me how that works.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not, didn't they also pull MSR's from their shelves.  And Wal*Mart sucks ass to deal with.  If Troy mentioned the decline in brand value because of Cock's pricing, I can't imagine they want to further devalue it by partner with Wal*Mart....

Really hurt that Colt name didn't it. I doubt Troy could keep up with Walmart sales anyway. But if it did happen??? Walmart is in a lot more areas than Dicks ever thought about. And regardless of what people say, I see lawyers, doctors and Judges shopping at Walmart.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Troy should sue the fuck out of dicks.

First post rule is applicable here.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Before pulling them they had ar's Troy and hunting types. Also your typical fudd stuff. They,re clearing out all the rest of the tacticool stuff too
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

First thing I thought of. And I'm not one of the more litigious people out there.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Not heard much about Troy, but if they were in an output contract that got breached by Dicks (lol) they probably are not going to be in any position to sue them for lost revenue.  Publicly flaming Dicks (lol) is a good idea to shame the err dicks, but they are going to profit heavily.  You actually have to prove damages in those sorts of lawsuits and that is really going to be hard to do considering the market now.   However, if the dicks do not send back their inventory of Troy immediately they still may have a actionable lawsuit.  Either way, dicks will act like dicks and hopefully sportsmen and women will get some more ARs to buy time now.  

I personally am not going to set foot inside a Dick's store again because of this.  I am sure Troy is going to do quite well with this breach of contract.

I never liked Dick's anyway.  I think the only purchases I made from them were for weights.  At least in the Hunt Valley Maryland location, you pretty much got treated like a criminal going to the hidden shooting sports section and their prices were insane.  In that location you have to go to the back of the store, go into a batcave, walk through a bunch of archery shit, and finally find some guns and ammo. Upon reaching the counter and asking for prices, you get informed that Wolf x39 is 8 bucks a box (this was 2008).
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

They're dicks! reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Troy have been pussies. And Dicks customers are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Mega Epic post.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:15:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Troy should contact Sportsman warehouse, they'd snap them all up I think.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Breach of contract lawsuit forthcoming?

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:16:32 PM EDT
[#40]

I cannot find the stats currently, but I think DSG may be the number 1 firearms retailer in America.

nope, not even close
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Any possibility all the good folks that had their Black Friday sale Paid purchases cancelled can sue for breach of contract?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Dick's was terrible before all this.  

Troy also should have known better than to put all of their eggs in one basket.

Anyway, my recommendation to Troy is to give Bryan at AIM a call.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Lots of unhappy ex customers posting on Dick's facebook page right now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Dicks still sells all troy accessories except mags. Dicks also stopped selling semi auto shotties to
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

^^^ This part is just to preclude any Dick's customers from trying to give Troy a sob story about prices, when Troy is having fun selling everything they can make at $1,000+ each.

Fuck Dick's, but any whining from Troy is annoying too.  Thanksgiving is ancient history in the AR world.  Find a distributor and go to town, especially if you have stock built up.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#47]
to everybody saying group buy - do you not remember the 2005 SEBR fiasco? I doubt anyone wants to relive that.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#48]
makes me even more happy i picked mine up when I did... sounds like even cheaper then dirt would be better for troy haha
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like they got fucked raw on that deal. Probably cost more to sue than they have.

There's always CDNN
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really hurt that Colt name didn't it. I doubt Troy could keep up with Walmart sales anyway. But if it did happen??? Walmart is in a lot more areas than Dicks ever thought about. And regardless of what people say, I see lawyers, doctors and Judges shopping at Walmart.

Walmart could move these at $1000 all day long vs the over sold $800 dicks sale price.

How much volume does Buds do?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top