Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I made it down the list in the op until I got to red dots on handguns. just no.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ll be happy when dumb appendix carry goes away.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those old Raven Concealment holsters that were a couple 8x11 sheets of Kydex sandwiched together.   That influenced a ton of smaller shops for way too long.

Chest rigs before plate carriers

Three point slings

Fake TiN coated barrels (Cerakote or whatever) <  YOU ARE HERE

Pistol lanyards
View Quote
How about the Kholster for some extra material?

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
My apologies if the list has some dumb ones...I didn't filter it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes. Because people under stress are attempting to manipulate controls inside of the trigger guard.

Difficult to believe, right?

If you haven’t seen this you need to get out more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ND's from a BAD lever?

Sounds like people had the weapon off safe and pulled a trigger. That has nothing to do with the BAD  lever.

And while I've been told rumors of issues, I've run one professionally for 12 years with no issues. Never seen one cause an issue. Undergassed guns or bad mags might show an issue.

Yes. Because people under stress are attempting to manipulate controls inside of the trigger guard.

BAD lever = Bad idea

I remember speaking out about this years ago when they first came out but seems like everyone was in love with them then.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please explain why it’s dumb.

Be specific. Use examples.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:35:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ND's from a BAD lever?

Sounds like people had the weapon off safe and pulled a trigger. That has nothing to do with the BAD  lever.

And while I've been told rumors of issues, I've run one professionally for 12 years with no issues. Never seen one cause an issue. Undergassed guns or bad mags might show an issue.

They should be sweeping the BAD Lever with a straight "indexed" finger. Apart from that, they're violating the firearm safety rule.
- finger off trigger until on Target and ready to shoot

A Negligent Discharge is due to Negligence. Stop blaming bad safety and habits on a part.

And I get "out" allot....for fun and professionally.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nothing at all, other than the minor detail that it's INSIDE THE TRIGGER GUARD.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fudds gonna Fudd, my man.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't see it listed, so

Pow R Ball ammo.  Hollow point pistol ammo with what appears to be a tiny superbounce ball in the cavity.  

Also, at what point is this just going to become a list of All Gun Things Whether They're Popular Right Now Or Not?

Because if you go further back
Op rods
En bloc clips
paper-patch cartridges
big-bore rimfires
tube mags

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fudds gonna Fudd, my man.
View Quote

It's beyond fudd, at this point. It hinges on willful and deliberate misinformation and ignorance
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:41:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They should be sweeping the BAD Lever with a straight "indexed" finger. Apart from that, they're violating the firearm safety rule.
- finger off trigger until on Target and ready to shoot

A Negligent Discharge is due to Negligence. Stop blaming bad safety and habits on a part.

And I get "out" allot....for fun and professionally.
View Quote

Yes. Yes they should.

Not everyone does.

Everyone should also keep their finger off the trigger until they’re ready to fire. Yet we have active and passive safeties on guns. We also have trigger guards. It’s also generally a bad idea to have a 1# trigger on a duty/carry gun. The list goes on.

Until we’re all replaced by robots humans are going to be fallible so let’s not engineer things which blatantly work with human failings to create an environment which favors problems.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didn't see it listed, so

Pow R Ball ammo.  Hollow point pistol ammo with what appears to be a tiny superbounce ball in the cavity.  

Also, at what point is this just going to become a list of All Gun Things Whether They're Popular Right Now Or Not?

Op rods
En bloc clips
paper-patch cartridges
big-bore rimfires
tube mags

View Quote
Ideally the list is composed of things the consumer actually has control over.  Like you can decide to purchase Glaser safety slugs for example, but you can't change the fact that tons of guns have op rods.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't see too many war pig flash hiders these days. They used to be on everything
https://noveske.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/05000517_kx3_556_4_1.jpg

View Quote
Have one on my 300 BLK while it waits for a can. It's also a parts bin build so it has other antiquated shit on it like YHM quad rails. It's disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In this thread, we call things that we don't like as fads and things we do like as not fads.

Stupid.
View Quote

You noticed that too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Uncle Mike nylon holsters.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ideally the list is composed of things the consumer actually has control over.  Like you can decide to purchase Glaser safety slugs for example, but you can't change the fact that tons of guns have op rods.
View Quote
Yeah but op rods used to be the shit and all the cool kids had one, then AR's got cheaper than mini-14's and surp M-1 carbines.  

It's no less valid than "G19"

or is this supposed to be something more akin to the old Top Gear Cool Wall?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The G19.

It’s day has come and gone.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

No he's not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Didn't see it listed, so

Op rods
En bloc clips
paper-patch cartridges
big-bore rimfires
tube mags

View Quote

Goddamn… I almost forgot about Pow-R-Ball. I have like 500 rounds stashed somewhere courtesy of American Handgunner. Lol
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Milsurp guns and ammo
C&R

Definitely not a fad, but it's time has come and gone.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Gucci 9mm 1911’s. Adding a RDS didn’t make ‘em a new and innovative concept.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I’m sorry.
View Quote

I’m not fat though.

380 clip draw is smaller overall than a standard wallet

I have lots of pistols, I’m not entirely sure why though
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think you’d be surprised the number of 1811’s packing 365 variants now. It’s an ideal plainclothes weapon a role formerly occupied by the G19.

View Quote

That just means that the 365 is the latest fad.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Three point slings.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

According to GD fashion experts everything here, my SOPMOD Block 1 clone, is a “fad.”  It’s also everything the US Army, USMC and SF used to kill many bad dudes in the Middle East.

It’s my favorite and best firearm and will never give it up, fad or not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

For me - its the fact that during the first few inches of movement during draw, the pistol is pointed at your junk unless you have an incredibly flat tummy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’m not fat though.

380 clip draw is smaller overall than a standard wallet

I have lots of pistols, I’m not entirely sure why though
View Quote

I’m not either. I still carry a normal holster.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Did we ever figure out what that even means?  Was it just an LPVO on a lightweight barrel?
View Quote

I think the problem with the whole RECCE fad is people were building rifles and not understanding that RECCE or in actual murican, recon is all about. It's a mission not a rifle.

If you watch Jeff Gurwitch, he was doing recon in plain clothes shoot me first vests with MP5s in Iraq. I love his videos by the way. He wasnt loaded down with a whole bunch of gear and a big rifle with a bunch of crap hanging off of it. I was a palace pogue and only got to make PP slides when I was there so it was cool to see what people were doing outside the wire while I was shitting in one of Saddam's old bathrooms and drinking way too much coffee.

All of the tubers were trying to make up all of this stuff for people to buy and throw on themselves and their guns. They ended up with almost their same loadouts they had without plates. People were so focused on the rifle, which optic, which can, what light, what barrel length, and the chest rig full of magazines and poagie bait that they neglected the why, the how, and the skills to do a recon. I get it. The rifle building part is a lot of fun and jaw jacking about all of the details is entertaining. I do the same thing.

I can tell you now, if I absolutely had to do a recon in my neighborhood, I would probably have an SBR and pistol in my truck and drive around seeing what's going on in my regular civilian clothes. Not wearing a big fat chest rig and a kitted out "RECCE" rifle with 10lbs of accesories because that would make me stand out and look out of place. I would also not be on foot because that would also look out of place. The truck would allow me to get the hell out of the area quickly as the point is not to get into a big firefight.

RECCE was just a cool sounding word that everyone gravitated towards and gave people a few years of content to put on the internet and some fantasies about doing recon, which is often boring as shit if you have ever done it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:58:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For me - its the fact that the first few inches of movement during draw, the pistol is pointed at your junk unless you have an incredibly flat tummy.
View Quote

Unless you have a dick that goes down several inches, turns 90° and goes straight out, it doesn’t.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#32]
bumpstocks

arm braces

all 1911s

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137/C6774F3F-4FED-4420-84C4-E7770BD85EBC_jpe-2863369.JPG

According to GD fashion experts everything here, my SOPMOD Block 1 clone, is a “fad.”  It’s also everything the US Army, USMC and SF used to kill many bad dudes in the Middle East.

It’s my favorite and best firearm and will never give it up, fad or not.
View Quote

Some things will never go out of style.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
List in OP is terrible. It's not a list of "fads", it is just a list of things that have existed and do exist. The majority of them do not meet the definition of a fad.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah but op rods used to be the shit and all the cool kids had one, then AR's got cheaper than mini-14's and surp M-1 carbines.  

It's no less valid than "G19"

or is this supposed to be something more akin to the old Top Gear Cool Wall?
View Quote
It doesn't matter.  We're just remembering some of the weird stuff from the old days.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Unless you have a dick that goes down several inches, turns 90° and goes straight out, it doesn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For me - its the fact that the first few inches of movement during draw, the pistol is pointed at your junk unless you have an incredibly flat tummy.

In my 50s. Slight gut. Tried one. Pointed at my junk. If I had a sixpack maybe it would point vertically down. But with my slight gut, it points slightly inward.

I speak for myself ONLY. If it works for you - have at it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

In my 50s. Slight gut. Tried one. Pointed at my junk. If I had a sixpack maybe it would point vertically down. But with my slight gut, it points slightly inward.

View Quote

Ok.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I just thought of one:

Small of back carry.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241349/75A942E8-4E63-4346-BEC6-3129AA1B2455_jpe-2863382.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you’d like to see that DM me for a free week subscription to my onlyfans.  Dick pix only, nobody gets free views of my foot content
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:11:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think the problem with the whole RECCE fad is people were building rifles and not understanding that RECCE or in actual murican, recon is all about. It's a mission not a rifle.

If you watch Jeff Gurwitch, he was doing recon in plain clothes shoot me first vests with MP5s in Iraq. I love his videos by the way. He wasnt loaded down with a whole bunch of gear and a big rifle with a bunch of crap hanging off of it. I was a palace pogue and only got to make PP slides when I was there so it was cool to see what people were doing outside the wire while I was shitting in one of Saddam's old bathrooms and drinking way too much coffee.

All of the tubers were trying to make up all of this stuff for people to buy and throw on themselves and their guns. They ended up with almost their same loadouts they had without plates. People were so focused on the rifle, which optic, which can, what light, what barrel length, and the chest rig full of magazines and poagie bait that they neglected the why, the how, and the skills to do a recon. I get it. The rifle building part is a lot of fun and jaw jacking about all of the details is entertaining. I do the same thing.

I can tell you now, if I absolutely had to do a recon in my neighborhood, I would probably have an SBR and pistol in my truck and drive around seeing what's going on in my regular civilian clothes. Not wearing a big fat chest rig and a kitted out "RECCE" rifle with 10lbs of accesories because that would make me stand out and look out of place. I would also not be on foot because that would also look out of place. The truck would allow me to get the hell out of the area quickly as the point is not to get into a big firefight.

RECCE was just a cool sounding word that everyone gravitated towards and gave people a few years of content to put on the internet and some fantasies about doing recon, which is often boring as shit if you have ever done it.
View Quote

Good post. It’s mission driven. RECON. Yeah, you have a rifle in case it goes south. But the mission is be low profile or even better move like a ghost in the night even if it’s broad daylight and not been seen at all.

Move to a perch or angle to check things out, slink back into the hideout without being seen or if you are seen you don’t draw attention or worse get into a gunfight with a bunch of goons wanting to pinch your hardware and can of beans.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just thought of one:

Small of back carry.
View Quote

Saw a guy on a crotch rocket blowing down the street yesterday. His shirt was pushed up from the wind and everyone could see his snub nose sitting SOB. Kinda silly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Three point slings.
View Quote
Single Point Slings.  

But I guess those have been around since the days of Cavalry Carbines.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Saw a guy on a crotch rocket blowing down the street yesterday. His shirt was pushed up from the wind and everyone could see his snub nose sitting SOB. Kinda silly.
View Quote

Even more silly when he puts the bike down and suffers a spinal injury.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#45]
5.11 tactical
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes. Yes they should.

Not everyone does.

Everyone should also keep their finger off the trigger until they’re ready to fire. Yet we have active and passive safeties on guns. We also have trigger guards. It’s also generally a bad idea to have a 1# trigger on a duty/carry gun. The list goes on.

Until we’re all replaced by robots humans are going to be fallible so let’s not engineer things which blatantly work with human failings to create an environment which favors problems.
View Quote

Yes sir, I'll agree with that. I fully support that those who aren't going to properly train and be disciplined should NOT have a BAD lever or any other out of ordinary gadget on their firearm.

We should be training more, relying on equipment less.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Breaking in a barrel
Almost every cartridge invented by remington
Scrotum front grip
Cleaning your AK
Tactical wheelbarrows. Now its the converted stroller
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Milsurp guns and ammo
C&R

Definitely not a fad, but it's time has come and gone.

View Quote
It's still there, it's just not cheap anymore.  At all.  

I'll add; the "single loop of leather" Yaqui holsters
Attachment Attached File

I freely admit to buying and attempting to use one of these with my Taurus PT-92 Beretta knockoff, because that's what Jean Reno used in "Ronin".

In my own defense, I have now moved on to the Galco Summer Comforts that Benicio del Toro and Ryan Phillipe used in "Way of the Gun".  So I've matured.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes sir, I'll agree with that. I fully support that those who aren't going to properly train and be disciplined should NOT have a BAD lever or any other out of ordinary gadget on their firearm.

We should be training more, relying on equipment less.

View Quote

Someone mentioned the similarity to the Serpa. Can you use it without a safety concern?

Certainly.

Should you have to?

Absolutely fucking not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Apparently some people don’t understand the meaning of the word fad.
View Quote

What do words mean anyways?

Skipped page 6 to quote, but anyone mention taping grips and fluted barrels yet?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top