BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a fan of bumpstocks and think they are stupid.
I did say in the LV shooting thread that if bumpstocks is all you lost than you would be lucky that is all you lose.

However, this is not only a change in a gun law, it is a constitutional challenge.
Is it not ?
Is the Constitution (2A) going to have to be re-written to define what is a firearm, or is the SCOTUS going to wash their hands and throw it back to the States ?
(which I think is constitutionally illegal if I read it right)

When is it going to your supreme court for definition, or can states override your Constitution ?

Please don't flame me, I'm just on the outside looking in.
View Quote
The Supremes won't even hear due process cases if it involves guns. They just kick them back to the lower courts so we have a mishmash of gun rulings from federal district to federal district and from state to state.

State's cannot override the Constitution because the Constitution specifically says federal law is supreme (the Supremacy Clause), but the 9th Amendment said anything not addressed by the Constitution is a state issue. However, there was a case during the Depression called Wickard v. Filburne that dealt with growing wheat and the Surpemes said the federal authority involving Commerce was essentially unlimited and everything involve commerce.

And the feds control spending going from the feds to the states. They can force states to do what DC wants by withholding funding.

Basically the feds can pass any rules or regulations they want and the states can very rarely fight back.

The federal government has gone from the agent of the sovereign state governments to the master and there is jack shit the states can really do about it short of  calling for a Constitutional Convention.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The NRA has continually thrown gun owners under the bus

Nothing has changed

Fuckers
View Quote
What kills me is the ignorant gun grabbing libtards didn't get dick over the past 8 years, now we just roll over and take It in the shorts WTF!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The NRA has continually thrown gun owners under the bus

Nothing has changed

Fuckers
View Quote
Double tap!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#4]
743 device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic

Well. I guess that includes rubber bands.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or a shoe lace ....
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which state is the next to fall? Which state becomes ground zero for the next American Revolution...
View Quote
Nevada.
California migrants will see to it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]
What is the standard rate of fire for a AR-15 type?  Is a Bushmaster faster than an Armalite?  Is a SAR1 rate of fir the same as either of those?

What is the definition of rate of fire for these weapons?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After reading the text, I don't come to the same tin foil hated conclusion but maybe I'm just reading it wrong.
View Quote
Let me help you here.  The "or" in the bill text is what really fucks us.

741 As used in this section, the term "bump
742 fire stock" means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
743 device
used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic
744 automatic weapon fire or
which is used to increase the rate of
745 fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
746 semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory,
747 or a device

Read it with the first part lined out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gov't lost its mind today. Three weeks since a known kid with a known problem did a known thing and wasn't stopped by the very people who are clamoring for gun control.
I am optimistic this will get struck down. But if it somehow gets upheld it will be a mess.
View Quote
Who's gonna strike it down?  All that's left is the governor's signature, and he's already publicly asked for everything in this bill.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is the gateway drug to BAN ON ALL SEMIAUTOMATICS
View Quote
Pretty much.  People think their Ruger Minis and 10/22s are safe in the future.
Think again.  This is but a starting point.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:46:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Though I oppose all gun control, and oppose this language being added to the law, it seems to be narrowly worded. It is wrong and unconstitutional, but it is hardly the nonsense being claimed by some here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
744 automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of
747 or a device.

EVERYTHING is now banned in Florida.
Though I oppose all gun control, and oppose this language being added to the law, it seems to be narrowly worded. It is wrong and unconstitutional, but it is hardly the nonsense being claimed by some here.
Bullshit.  You're telling me that a Geissele S3G isn't an "accessory or device" which is used to "increase the rate of fire" of a semiautomatic firearm above the rate that is possible for a person without said "accessory or device?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:48:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Or a shoe lace ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or a shoe lace ....
Or a pencil!  A fucking pencil!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
wasnt there a hellfire trigger or something like that back in the 90s that was banned?  I am more concerned over the 18/21 issue.  You should not have to sign up for selective service , not sure if they still do,  until you turn 21.  It was like back in Nam when you could be drafted straight out of high school but not vote until you were 21
View Quote
I'm most concerned about people staying home and not voting for the GOP.  Then Florida goes full blue. Then the white house next, Florida being critical.

We might avoid an AWB for all of 3 years
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:52:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What's next?

Shoestrings?

View Quote
Dont forget Wood dowels

Fuck gun grabbers/commies/liberals/democrat's/etc.... aint gonna be happy til they ban everything and anything
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 12:52:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I agree with the OP.  Too many on here will say they are ok with bumpstocks to be banned and yet say they are pro 2A.  Once you squeeze the toothpaste out of the tube, you cannot put it back into the tube.  That is directed at the nra and trump.

I am very concerned with what is going on in FL as it is normally a pro gun state.  It does not look good for FL and the rest of the country.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or a shoe lace ....
View Quote
Do you guys see what all that "clever" fucking around with the ATF did to us?

Do you see it? "Duh, Mr. ATF, is THIS a machine gun? Yes? So I can't make it? How 'bout THIS? No? Oh great, I can make a bunch of money to make dirt-shooters happy!" RETARDS.

I KNEW this kind of fuck-fuck gamery was going to bite us in the ass eventually, but the fucking gun accessory people had to keep poking the slightly-swelling zit of the ATF for what, 3 decades? Well, you fuckers got what you wanted. A makeshift, poor-man's "machine gun" which forever restricted our ability to challenge the constitutionality of the NFA list, and may actually set us on course for the end of private gun ownership and a civil war which will get many of us killed and divide a nation for the rest of our lives.

You fuckers could have invested time and money in overturning NFA. But YOU BLEW IT!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:09:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Do you see it? "Duh, Mr. ATF, is THIS a machine gun? Yes? So I can't make it? How 'bout THIS? No? Oh great, I can make a bunch of money to make dirt-shooters happy!" RETARDS.

I KNEW this kind of fuck-fuck gamery was going to bite us in the ass eventually, but the fucking gun accessory people had to keep poking the slightly-swelling zit of the ATF for what, 3 decades? Well, you fuckers got what you wanted. A makeshift, poor-man's "machine gun" which forever restricted our ability to challenge the constitutionality of the NFA list, and may actually set us on course for the end of private gun ownership and a civil war which will get many of us killed and divide a nation for the rest of our lives.

You fuckers could have invested time and money in overturning NFA. But YOU BLEW IT!
View Quote
As has been posted multiple times, sure, there were no gun grabbers before the bumpstock was invented.  

Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.  The same logic could be used to argue against private sales just because some liberals like to call it a loophole.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:12:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No it isn't, if it's not specified by name or a specific description of the part  then I would think it is not banned. That description is very vague and I doubt most courts say everything is now banned.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
747 or a device.

No it isn't, if it's not specified by name or a specific description of the part  then I would think it is not banned. That description is very vague and I doubt most courts say everything is now banned.
So much WTF here I don't  know where to begin
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#19]
I guess I’ll have to start buying flamethrowers now
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
The bill is hopelessly vague and violates due process. It should be stricken.

I, however, am not familiar with the leanings of the Florida Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:22:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
We are going to keep poking that fucking bear too. Better fucking believe that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I think bump stocks are silly however if you want them you should be able to have them
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't worry, it can never happen where you live.
View Quote
nice post, Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Bumpfire does not require a special trigger, buffer or stock. Bumpfire is still a semi-auto function. So what is the maximum rate of semi auto fire? Does this law actually do what everyone is saying it does?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or a shoe lace ....

Fudds
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"...a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit..."

Well, at least you get to keep and use your finger.
View Quote
Unless your trigger finger is faster compared to another.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or a shoe lace ....

Did you play football without a helmet?  Bumpstocks met the legal definition of not being a machine gun.  Liberals and people like you, but I repeat myself, say I support but and now here we are.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:58:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bumpfire does not require a special trigger, buffer or stock. Bumpfire is still a semi-auto function. So what is the maximum rate of semi auto fire? Does this law actually do what everyone is saying it does?
View Quote
We will get to figure it out

After someone is arrested and charged with a third degree felony that will require a 20k retainer on a good lawyer to defend to the best of ability

And even then its so open to interpretation that there really is no defense
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:59:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Noo Yawkers finally took complete control of Florida.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
MAGA, bitches
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:06:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That trash element has been on this site for a long time.

They are the same accounts that post how they are against constitutional carry, want universal background checks so it covers FTF sales, want to up the purchase age, require "training" to be able to own a gun, think suppressors are "dangerous" and need to be NFA......it goes on and on.

The "compromise" idiots and general concern trolls are nothing new here if you have been paying attention. The best entertainment is the "I'm a liberal gun owner but..." trash here.
View Quote
Yeah and don't forgot those who bash the pistol braces saying "Just get a real gun! I paid my tax you have to also!"

Sad. we need to be on each others  same side here,  not  having to argue about  stupid sh**.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
747 or a device.

View Quote
I can bump fire pretty fast without any conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a
745 fire [/b]to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such
747 or a device.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:38:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I haven’t read the bill but if what you said is true, You forgot semi-auto as increased rate of fire compared to bolt action and bolt action is increased rate of fire compared to muzzle loaders, so it could end with black powder rifles..... scary.
View Quote
In the same gun.....
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#35]
It says a device, tool, or accessory that makes it fire faster than without a device. I can bump one without a device, so does that mean since a bumpstock doesnt make it fire any faster than i can without a device then it would not be banned?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:44:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Wonder if people will even chose to invoke their 2nd amendment rights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:45:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've seen a few posts in GD from people saying that they don't care much about bumpstocks being banned, or that they think they should be banned because they bypass machinegun regulations. "If you want to own a machinegun, do it the proper way or lobby to change the laws."

Guys, it's not about bumpstocks. The bill that just passed in Florida outlaws devices that allow the gun to fire at a faster rate. It doesn't specify bumpstocks, it just bans devices that can increase rate of fire.

If Rick Scott signs it into law, judges are the ones who ultimately get to decide what "increases rate of fire" means. Judges are the ones who get to decide what sort of things qualify as "increasing rate of fire". It doesn't matter whether or not something actually changes rate of fire, the ones who get to decide what that means are the same sorts of people who think that AR15s are designed to accept mounted chainsaws.

This is not a ban on bumpstocks. It's a ban on everything. Floridians can kiss everything goodbye, and I really do mean everything. Adjustable triggers, two-stage triggers, match triggers, forward grips, adjustable stocks, aftermarket buffers and buffer springs, aftermarket BCGs, everything. Fuck it, how about things that make it easier for you to aim and get a good sight picture, thereby acheiving faster accurate followup shots? Red dot sights, flashlights, laser pointers, tritium sights, scopes, compensators, flash hiders, suppressors, rubber butt pads.

If an anti-gun judge decides it can increase rate of fire, it's gone. It doesn't need to make sense, and they don't need to coherently justify why they think it increases rate of fire. If a judge decides it can help you shoot faster, it's gone.

So I don't want to hear any bullshit about how if you can't just buy a new machinegun then you shouldn't be able to buy a device that makes it work like a machinegun. I don't want to hear any bullshit about how it's just a stupid toy gimmick so what's the big deal? This is zero sum game. Florida is their trial run to see if they can enact europe-style draconian gun control under the cloak of just banning bumpstocks.

And just in case you still think there's nothing to worry about, remember that Trump has recently signalled his support for further gun control. We absolutely could see nationwide europe-style gun control passed into law under President Trump. Quit being lazy, join the NRA, join the GOA, donate a sum of money you can realistically afford to the NRA-ILA and GOA, and harass all of your elected officials (national level, state level, and local level) even if where you live is as deep red as it gets.

By this time next year, the nation should be arguing over whether or not to remove suppressors and SBRs/SBSs from the NFA. Not whether or not to pass an AWB.
View Quote

And a perfect summation of what the fudds don't get. You just don't understand legalese. Especially vague, deliberately vague, legalese that leaves it up to judges to interpret. Sure, you can sue, but now it's an ex post facto climb up a steep hill. You want to believe that while your lawsuit wends its slow way through the courts, you guns will stay locked in an evidence room, if they are not immediately destroyed.
The fuck is, "rate of fire", hmm? Jerry Miculek's finger can increase the rate of fire over my finger, and hell, my finger can increase the rate of fire over some dipshit that works for CNN; does that make his finger illegal to possess?
Once the rate of fire is anything other than the cycle time of the action + a single function of the trigger, that's eventually the whole ball game. I'm not being sarcastic, this is a court of law, where engineering isn't necessarily applicable. Anything can be true, legally, in court.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:52:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Exactly, their wording makes no fucking sense, how can you define rate of fire other than as fast as the action can be cycled and fired again? but that is what they are trying to do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 2:55:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Fastest Gunman Ever (2/100 of a second)
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:01:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
how does any of the list you provided increase the RATE of fire?
View Quote
Well, that's a very incisive question. Guess who gets to decide precisely what the "rate of fire" is? Notice it's not clearly and precisely defined in any strict quantified way in the bill. I guarantee you that is on purpose. So the precedent is up to the first commie judge that presides over a case. And his decision will hold with full legal force unless and until it is overturned, and I promise you, science, engineering, physics, mechanical terminology, none of that will matter fuck-all to his decision. He's not in a laboratory, he's in a court of law.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#41]
30 round mags will be targeted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:10:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
30 round mags will be targeted.
View Quote
I've been saying it the next thing to go is mag ban.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:18:04 AM EDT
[#44]
And the one thing the left knows how to do is wait their time. They won't make a big stinky case until they have all the ducks lined up, they know who the judge will be, and all the details are covered, and then they'll put the hammer down for that first crucial precedent. After that, regardless, it's an uphill climb. Now there is case law. Sure, case law has been overturned before, but not nearly, not even close to the frequency it is upheld and confirmed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:18:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
how does any of the list you provided increase the RATE of fire?
View Quote
Match triggers require less force to pull the trigger. Different BCGs, buffers, and buffer springs will change how long it takes for the action to cycle.

Aside from those, they really don't change the rate of fire, and they don't need to. The left wing activist judge is the one who gets to decide whether or not a red dot sight increases your rate of fire, and he's under absolutely no obligation to take into consideration whether or not it actually increases rate of fire when he decides if it increases rate of fire.

That's the point.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
747 or a device.

View Quote
Bye bye aftermarket triggers and any trigger mods. Bye bye competitions .. you guys in Florida need to March on Tallahassee. Shit just got real.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:22:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
nice post, Thanks
View Quote
It's the truth, though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:27:47 AM EDT
[#48]
All across the land, and for sure in florida district courts, are judges with that same look Feinstein had at the meeting last week, creaming their jeans to be the first jurist to get a good case if this law goes into effect. They will be certain of a place in the history of jurisprudence, plus the power will be real. They cannot wait. It's better than money, it's the best thing ever. They will have wielded the power for years, perhaps forever.

Remember, "Power corrupts, and absolute power is just a hell of a fun thing to have."
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Bob Munden (Super Human) Fastest Gun that has ever lived on Earth.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:55:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I really think a lot of people on here who aren’t lawyers are getting a bit carried away with hysteria.

Is this law good?  No, not at all.

But there are a few legal principles you all are missing that are relevant here.

1).  Vagueness.  In a court of law, a law that is vague or ambiguous in its terms is deemed void.  “Void for vagueness”.  This happens fairly frequently actually, especially in situations like this where the legislature has fouled it up and failed to truly narrow down exactly what the law intends to prevent.  The language of the bump stock ban is, IMO, very vague.  And it’s one of the points I made when I contacted the Governor earlier.  It will certainly be challenged quickly.  Now some of you believe that because it’s vague and ambiguous, that that means a court can do anything and ban whatever it wants. But generally speaking, that’s not the way it works.  Vagueness works against the law itself, not for it.

2).  Legislative intent.  The intent of the legislature here, I think, is pretty obvious.  It intends to ban bump stocks and “devices” that exclusively exist to increase the rate of fire of the weapon to approach the cyclic rate of the gun (automatic fire).

This will have to be tested, of course.  And over time, a list will be developed of what is allowed and what isn’t.  But I suspect it will break down something like this.

- Devices essential to the function of the gun, but serve a purpose other than speed.  (Buffers, springs, BCGs, match triggers, gas tubes, etc.)

- Devices basically exclusively used for speed.  (Bump stocks, binary triggers)

A court considering a vague statute will consider legislative intent.  It would require depositions from the legislature, as well as a review of the record.

Bottom line is this.  We have an uphill fight ahead of us in some respects, but this isn’t the end of the world yet.  The sky-is-falling mentality on the board right now is a little bit overboard at the moment, IMO.  Scott hasn’t signed it yet, but it’s likely he will.  Let’s see how it shakes out before we all completely panic
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top